Fri, May 17, 10:32 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 5:43 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: FEEDBACK THREAD ONLY

modus0 ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 12:05 PM

Quote - We apologize for the delay but as we've always tried to do in the past, we will take into consideration all feedback and do what we can to make all happy!!

No offense to you  personally, but we've been told things like this with the other site changes, and little to none of the concerns or complaints were ever met with anything other than "this is how things are going to be from now on" or the absolute patronizing 'we know better' tripe of "give it a chance, we know you'll come to love it."

I am disinclined to think that any of the issues not related to actual bugs will be dealt with, at least not until the next site "upgrade" (really a downgrade since just about every one has resulted in fewer features) rolls along in a year or two.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 12:56 PM · edited Wed, 23 July 2014 at 1:00 PM

It's not until more people start taking action and speaking with their wallets that the site will start paying attention. And you are one hundred percent about hearing the "this is how things are going to be from now on" or the absolute patronizing 'we know better' tripe of "give it a chance, we know you'll come to love it." Though I would call it more condescending but that is just semantics. Either way that really pisses me off. If the vendors I have asked don't want to do direct sales it's a loss for them not me. It's my money that they are not getting, nor is this site. There would have to be a major boycott and sales would have to drop enough so that the real heads have to pay attention. I have almost gotten to the point of contacting Bondware Inc about how poorly the marketplace is being ran.

For anyone who wants to do so here you go.

http://www.bondware.com/contact-us-cms-446

FaeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 2:03 PM

How can Bondware help?  Do they own Rendo?  

tiggersprings ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 2:30 PM · edited Wed, 23 July 2014 at 2:36 PM

The problem with the "speaking with wallets" approach is most of the Renderosity user base would have to agree--and stop buying here.  People have advocated doing the same at simlar 3D shops over the years (I started in late 2005), and the approach doesn't seem to work.  Speaking for myself only... Although there are some things about the new site changes here I really, really dislike, there are a few new things that I do like, like product page buttons saying "Purchased" if it's in my account (unless it came from a grab bag promotion).  That's more than I can say for the recent site changes at the other site starting with "R"... At least here, I can see whole prouduct pages, without having to scroll an assinine amount (smaller monitor set to lower resolution).  As a Poser user, who does not use DSON or Genesis, Renderosity is sort of the last shopping strong-hold (but hey, I still use the Daz Gen 2 and 3 figures, in addition to the 4th Generation).  I don't use Dawn, either... So, if I don't shop here, I guess I don't shop much (which would be way better for my finances, but...)...  I'm disgruntled with some of the newer site changes, as well, but as a Poser user, I'm kind of stuck because if I let the disgruntlement chase me away from shoppig here, I might as well quit using Poser. And then I'd have wasted a lot of money over the last (almost) nine years...

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 2:36 PM · edited Wed, 23 July 2014 at 2:41 PM

http://www.wysk.com/index/tennessee/murfreesboro/9tlv6kw/bondware-inc/trademarks

My self, I use Daz as my primary, VUE, Zbrush and other software. I buy a lot of content from many sites. This was my primary store though. I use the Gen 3/4 figures and Genesis. I don't like Genesis 2.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 3:17 PM · edited Wed, 23 July 2014 at 3:21 PM

Quote - My self, I use Daz as my primary, VUE, Zbrush and other software. I buy a lot of content from many sites. This was my primary store though. I use the Gen 3/4 figures and Genesis. I don't like Genesis 2.

If I was a Daz|Studio user, I might feel differently.  I'm pretty much sticking to shopping here (although maybe less, but mostly due to some personal stuff).  I don't shop much at Daz beause I don't use the DIM to download and install my Poser content. I wind up having to manually rezip whatever I buy there to get rid of the pesky "Content" folders in front of the "Runtime" structure. Just not worth it most of the time (although I do have some PC items I still want).  My only experience with Geneis 1 comes from a few hours of trying to learn Carrara (and that hasn't been going well. I hate the Carrara camera as much as I hated the D|S. camera the last time I tried it).  I'm still hoping things will get better here at Renderosity with the shopping experience soon. I do sympathize with your frustrations, John. I still can't sort my wishlist by price, for whatever reason and it's really maddening.  I hope things work out for all of the Renderosity customer base, and quickly.  😄

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 4:03 PM

I don't use DIM either.

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 6:32 AM

I just noticed that most things in the thumbnails for the marketplace do not say what figure it is for and the only way you can tell is by clicking. It used to not matter, but now there is a lot of genesis stuff. I don't want to see that stuff.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 6:53 AM

Quote - I just noticed that most things in the thumbnails for the marketplace do not say what figure it is for and the only way you can tell is by clicking. It used to not matter, but now there is a lot of genesis stuff. I don't want to see that stuff.

Yes, that is one thing which was supposed to get better with the new store. Instead it has gotten worse. Improvements are supposed to make things better - well they haven't

Prime renewal discount ends in a few days. I still have not renewed and I probably are not going to because the feedback is still being ignored - not even the font color for price and discounts has changed.

I made one small purchase to spend my render rewards and none since in the last 5 weeks. That money is now going elsewhere

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 7:12 AM

so is there any plans to mark the thumbnails with what figure the things are for?  i can understand not marking a product if it is mixed eg a pose set for genesis, M4 and V4 etc but for a one figure thing I would like it to say V4 and if is genesis I would like it to say that.

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 8:10 AM

@wimvdb - I know it's been a while but I promise we are working on compiling this infomation to go over as we speak.  I actually worked on this thread until late  last night and will be sending this to our Marketplace Manager to see how Renderosity will proceed.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 8:48 AM

Most of the items that interest me are only on sale till the 30'th and I doubt anything will be done by then. Apart from that I have already spent a large part of my 3D budget on tutorials and other sales, on other sites.

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 9:25 AM · edited Fri, 25 July 2014 at 9:40 AM

As this is a feedback thread,

(1) I agree with Tigger Springs about sub-information. There are characters I don't use and would like to bypass. I, too, don't use many Genesis characters and would prefer if clothes, hair and characters for Genesis only were something I could occasionaly block out. Not being able to differentiate between Genesis and non-Genesis is a reason I do less shopping at Daz. It is frustrating seeing an artistic creation I like, spend the time to read about it, and then find it is not designed for the figure I have it in mind for.

Along those lines, too, are the Hairstyle products.  I'd like to separate out Hair products from textures for Hair products. 80%-90% of the time I'm either shopping for one or the other. It is frustrating if you are looking for a new figure or prop to go through pages of texture styles that are not applicable, especially if the Rendo server is slow and the pages take a few seconds to load.

If I'm shopping for new hairstyle figure or prop products, I usually want to see those first as I typically have a limited budget. Sometimes I do want to see what other textures support it.  If I am shopping for a texture product, it is usually because I already have the hairstyle and want to see how to extend its reach. Occasionally I will look at only hairstyle textures, usually by vendor, to see if there is a hairstyle that I have missed but that looks really good when someone else does the promos differently.

(2) LOG-IN ISSUE The reason for writing right now, reagards Log-In.  It has always been a pain to log in after I have browsed the site and find something I'm interested in. When you log in the site doesn't keep you on the page you're on but rather redirects you to the home page. If you try the usual tactic of hitting the back key it doesn't work because then you revert to a logged-out page.

Please change the log-in procedure to leave you on the page you're at when you log in. Or at least leave that page open (so you can easily go back and reload) and open a new page for the re-direct.

(3) STILL NOT STRUCTURALLY FRIENDLY. I still cannot read the site due to page size and Font Color issues and am toggling my browser down to 80% when I want to see more than two items on a page with very long scrolls downward, then toggling it back to 100% when I want to read the text. Shopping on this 75 % sale took an agonizingly long time. If I wasn't on vacation, I might have looked at 10 of the 60 pages then quit.  The check-out process with the one-item delete at a time was the final aggravation. The renderosity site often takes several seconds to switch pages now. It is not my computer or the ISP as I check the download speeds and network speeds.  The spinning ball of waiting pages seems to be something on the Renderoisty server end.  Basic Readability and Time spent clicking and living with the spinning ball are thus two big issues.

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 9:53 AM · edited Fri, 25 July 2014 at 9:59 AM

Regarding not using the Daz Install Manager (DIM) mentioned above: The TWO EXPLORER WINDOW DRAG METHOD.

For Tigger Spings: I don't use the Daz manager either. In Win7 (and 8) I simply open two explorer windows. I double click on the zip file to open it in one. Then I drag the Daz Runtime folder from it along with the occasional Documents folder (the latter in a separate movement; optional if you want to keep the documenation together) from that explorer window over to the window that shows my destination folder that contains "Runtime" (as opposed to the actual "Runtime" folder itself, if you're managing multiple Runtimes; That is to say you drag into one level up from the folder that has "Runtime" in it).

The wording may sound muddled, but if you go through it you'll see what I mean.

I don't touch the Daz content folder and don't need to rezip the Daz folder at all.  You can even archive these files to CDs or DVDs and use this technique leaving everything intact as you get it.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 10:05 AM

Also as far as the runtime, I still have everything set up as I did back in 1.8. I don't use the my library folder. I do use the new program files folders.

I keep everything on an external harddrive under D:DAZStudiocontent

tiggersprings ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 12:45 PM

Quote - As this is a feedback thread,

(1) I agree with Tigger Springs about sub-information. There are characters I don't use and would like to bypass.

Yeah, I really miss browsing by-iigure-of-interest for add-ons. Thaats's been gone for a long time, more less. Probably because it's a logistical nightmare for the admin team, if vendors aren't mindful of correct placement.  When the old system utilizing the by-figure was still in place, for instance, you'd often find A4/V4 stuff in the A3/V3 categories.

Quote - Along those lines, too, are the Hairstyle products.  I'd like to separate out Hair products from textures for Hair products.

Same here. And for separation of clothing models and clothing textures, too.  

Quote - Regarding not using the Daz Install Manager (DIM) mentioned above: The TWO EXPLORER WINDOW DRAG METHOD.

For Tigger Spings: I don't use the Daz manager either. In Win7 (and 8) I simply open two explorer windows. I double click on the zip file to open it in one. Then I drag the Daz Runtime folder from it along with the occasional Documents folder (the latter in a separate movement; optional if you want to keep the documenation together) from that explorer window over to the window that shows my destination folder that contains "Runtime" (as opposed to the actual "Runtime" folder itself, if you're managing multiple Runtimes; That is to say you drag into one level up from the folder that has "Runtime" in it).

The wording may sound muddled, but if you go through it you'll see what I mean.

I don't touch the Daz content folder and don't need to rezip the Daz folder at all.  You can even archive these files to CDs or DVDs and use this technique leaving everything intact as you get it.

I know. Everyone always says something along those lines.  I rezip so that I can archive the properly zipped product on discs or external driive.  Thanks, though. So many Poser-related sites have disappeared, I tend to be a little paranoid when it comes to product purchases.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 1:17 PM

Some items are ziped with the content folder as the main and others the runtime. SO I just extract everything into a folder on my desktop and then drop the runtime folder into it and then drop the content folder into my daz folder.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 4:40 PM

It's not until more people start taking action and speaking with their wallets that the site will start paying attention. And you are one hundred percent about hearing the "this is how things are going to be from now on" or the absolute patronizing 'we know better' tripe of "give it a chance, we know you'll come to love it." Though I would call it more condescending but that is just semantics.

In their defense however, I don't think that was the case with the forum admins and the sale font color.  Tina at the time said "I'll bring this up with the programmer" or something like that, and a few days later said it wasn't going to change because it is the color that the site manager wants.  I'm inclined to believe that the forum admins here (or at least Tina and Stacey) don't care for the sale font color, either.  

And, they stopped gushing saccharinely (with a touch of acetone-- unfortunately, I do indeed know what this tastes like-- some pharoah ants got into my cranberry cereal and I didn't realize it.  It tastes about the same as it smells shudders  I wish it had been Argentine ants, since at least those are just peppery...) about how much we'd like the new site layout after a week and a half.

How can Bondware help?  Do they own Rendo?
Somewhere on the site it says "Powered by Bondware".  So most likely, Bondware's software is what is used for this site layout and programming.  However, Bondware probably isn't like DAZ and Poser e-shops, where the staff are actually approachable or interact with the customer.  So I'm not expecting them to lift a finger beyond giving anyone who emails them a crappy automated response.

To be honest, I would likely be willing to shop at previous levels with just a few conditions--

1. Fix the font color-- a golden yellow is best.
  2. Fix whatever bug is preventing me from sorting my 65-item wishlist by price (there's just no way I can shop like before with 200 wishlist items without being able to do this :(   Although I haven't looked to see if this problem exists on other browsers.)
  3. BIGGEST ONE OF ALL-- a promise, made public, from the webmaster of this site, that from now on, any redesigns will be done-- and completed/perfected- on a dummy site like any professional online business does.  (I don't care if the webmaster comes in here and says it himself, or if Tina or another admin come here and paraphrase it)   Had this been done from the beginning, none of this would have happened, and the programmer would have had a much longer window to work on this.

Yes, that is one thing which was supposed to get better with the new store. Instead it has gotten worse. Improvements are supposed to make things better - well they haven't
The problem is the complicated search-based layout-- it actually DOES work quite well at filtering content by figure if you can figure out how to use it, but it requires you follow a certain step-by-step process.  I don't recall if this works on vendor pages at all, but you can get it to work on the main store pages if you follow the right steps.
Which, of course, is a major problem, that the site functions are not consistent everywhere, which makes things confusing.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2014 at 5:09 PM

Quote - Some items are ziped with the content folder as the main and others the runtime. SO I just extract everything into a folder on my desktop and then drop the runtime folder into it and then drop the content folder into my daz folder.

This is what a few of my friends, do as well. I like rezipping and archiving to disc once things are installed, though.   It's just works best for me.

Quote -

1. Fix whatever bug is preventing me from sorting my 65-item wishlist by price (there's just no way I can shop like before with 200 wishlist items without being able to do this :(   Although I haven't looked to see if this problem exists on other browsers.)

You're number two is happening to me, as well. It really makes shopping difficult during sales. That's usually how I'd go through my wishlist before a lot of the time. By price or vendor, any way.

I'm on a fast broadband connection and promos are taking way too long to load (if they load at all). I've emptiedd out my cart a few times (re-wishlisting) items because of it combined with the wishlist sorting issue above.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2014 at 10:31 AM

The bottom line is it afffects sales. Sales numbers are what drives the revenue for the website. If one's shopping experience is bad or frustrating they are more likely to spend that revenue elsewhere. Who's gone to get groceries to discover a huge checkout line, and in that moment decided to either postpone that purchase or comeback at a different time (to a different store)? The actual time spent shopping is bad here because the mechanisms (website issues) make it more time consuming to locate, look at previews (wait for pages to load), deal with funky color combinations, etc. Pre-testing the website would have been idea.

Another simple thing. When you click on a vendors store, you get taken to the highlight page of products, not the actual full store. This is so frustrating. How about a separate highlighted sales button for the vendor instead? If I click on store I want store, not a small list of items.

I gave the example of a grocery store earlier for a point. If you are going to the grocery store you want to view a particular line of food product, not just 10 or 12 items selected by the store staff or by the vendor. 

On connection speed, I have a decent connection (for my area). The website is painfully slow. I hate to imagine people with slow internet connection speeds.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2014 at 10:52 AM

I so agree with 3DStories - Searching for hair models and clothes models has always been a bit of a frustration since all the textures show up too.  Sometimes it's easy to tell what is a texture and what is the base outfit, but not always, so then you have to click into each to see, and it is very time consuming.

Now that none of the products are labeled for what figure they are for, it really wastes time when browsing the new items.  I don't use Genesis or Genesis 2, mostly I use V4, M4 and Dawn.  I don't really want to click on something that I'm not going to be able to use.

It really is concerning that this Web Master isn't open to our concerns with being able to read the red on gray or green on gray or to people's disabilities.  The Web Master has to be hired by the site, so why are the powers that be allowing him to just say  'That's the way I want it"?   The Web Master / Site Admin's job should be to provide an excellent shopping experience for the Renderosity customers.  

Kazam561 ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2014 at 1:53 PM

Filtering the product list is bad here, as well as the time to remove an item from the shopping cart. I just timed it. The process I used was to use the button delete from cart. Yes, I had other items in the cart. To delete one item took 84 seconds for the page to refresh. For 1 item. No check boxes to remove multiple items at a time, just one item. May I suggest other users time the delete item button from the cart process and post it here to get an idea of how slow the website and shopping in general is at this time with this current version of the webpage design.

1st test, 84 seconds from pressing the red delete button to cart update.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 1:13 AM · edited Tue, 29 July 2014 at 1:15 AM

The Web Master has to be hired by the site
Wouldn't the webmaster/ top site admin be the one who hires everyone else?

FaeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 7:55 AM · edited Tue, 29 July 2014 at 7:57 AM

Quote - The Web Master has to be hired by the site

I guess I phrased that poorly.  Who is the webmaster / Site Admin?  Is this two people, or one and the same person?  Does he/she answer to the owners of the site, or does he/she  own the site themselves?

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 8:50 AM

I really hope these things are fixed soon.  One of my friends who spends a lot of money here every single week has almost gone cold turkey and now only buys something if he really wants it.  He is so frustrated by not only the site problems eg not knowing what figure the item is for etc, but also by the lack of communications and no replies to his posts etc.

Love esther

PS I'll take a guess that certain vendors are genesis only and not bother clicking on clothing that looks like it is probably genesis. it just wastes too much time.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 9:26 AM

I think they are using the webmaster to buy some time and silence. A scapegoat if you will. Tomorrow is the last day of the sale so whatever, I'm not expecting for anything to get fixed or anymore feedback from the site admins. I also don't expect to be purchasing anything from here for the foreseeable future. Unlike other people who can only find support for the software they use here, my software is supported in many other markets.

They could at the very least post a summary of the issues that have been "compiled" so that the forum members could check it to see if they have missed anything. I doubt that will happen. It's not like their jobs are on the line, even though they should be. All the site admins have been doing lately is coping and pasting the same thing here and there not really showing any actual effort to comply with the few things that we have been requesting. It's also not like we are the only ones unhappy with the new state of things. The forums are full of people that don't like the new setup, rightfully so.

Fenier ( ) posted Tue, 29 July 2014 at 9:29 AM

Quote - The Web Master has to be hired by the site

This depends on the company and varies one company to the next.

In mine, the Webmaster does server configurations, and traffic work.  He has no hiring power, but has extensive power over how the servers operate, and what runs on them.

My team does the actual building of the front end of the website, and have an entirely different management structure.  We have control over the HTML, CSS and JS that power the site, and no control over the boxes that code runs on, or the back end code that interfaces with the Database.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 2:27 PM

file_506180.jpg

Okay I want to address a few things here.

First off the programmers are working right now on the "green" text issue and it's going to be changed to a white that is more like the title of the product, that coloring. Seems in just doing a some testing of different colors for prices this appears to stand out and be easy to read the best. So this "green" thing will be resolved:)

Second on the sorting of the wishlist, it is there (all except the vendor sorting which I will speak with the programmers about) as it was in the old layout See below for that information along with a screenshot attached

"Sorting has been working since day one of the release. Understand that when you click on table headers such as "Price", "Status" or "Type" as mentioned above it only sorts what's on the current page. As soon as you click the header it sorts whatever is on the page without reloading. To sort all pages or by further options click on the arrow buttons next to the search box. See attached picture for details. This applies to the "Item List" page as well.

In the wishlist beside any item that is "prime" will have that (prime)

BijouxAnew-TwistedDelight Accessorize!  (Prime)

Like the example above.

I know another issue suggested was the ability to search Prime and certain things in a specific vendors storefront and that will be addressed and is on our list to enhance so wanted to let you all know about that.

There are I know lots of other feedback and suggestions I'm still checking on and reviewing but wanted to at least update on a few of these just so you all would know we are at the point now we can start to make tweaks on suggestions/feedback where we can

IceEmpress ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 4:01 PM

"Sorting has been working since day one of the release. Understand that when you click on table headers such as "Price", "Status" or "Type" as mentioned above it only sorts what's on the current page
Except that it doesn't do that for me, even if I disaple Adblock Edge.  I click on "price" etc. and nothing happens.  Literally, nothing happens.

helgas ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 5:37 PM

The green text will be changed to something readable - white.

What about the read text. It is as unreadable as the green

Prime in the Wishlist is read and disappears into the dark background. Why can't we have the little red and blue Banners back? They were to easy to see? 

When I think about it, everything that was good, easy to use, and easy to see, has been eliminated. Renderosity was the best Contend Provider - period. With the stroke of midnight ....

1. I  cannot browse anymore because of the excruciatingly slow speed of the site. When will this be fixed?

2. The last check-out was so scary that I don't dare to try again. When will this be fixed?

3. Everything I have bought after July 17th with a file size larger than 11 MG fails to download. I phoned Renderosity and after staff consulted with the programmers I was assured that it wwould be fixed within 48 hours. 48 hours have long passed and of course nothing was fixed. When will it be fixed?

4. I now realize that renewing my PM was a very big mistake. To late - I can only fixe it next year.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 6:58 PM

Quote - "Sorting has been working since day one of the release. Understand that when you click on table headers such as "Price", "Status" or "Type" as mentioned above it only sorts what's on the current page
Except that it doesn't do that for me, even if I disaple Adblock Edge.  I click on "price" etc. and nothing happens.  Literally, nothing happens.

Okay I misunderstood the only two table headers that should sort as in the past is the "WISHLIST" with the up and down arrows beside it, clicking up or down will put the items on that current page in alphabetical order, that works fine for me. The Price one is also a sortable one that has the arrows up and down beside it that should sort price by highest to lowest or lowest to highest depending on which arrow you click but that one IS broken and will be fixed tomorrow.  THe status and Type, adam was just using as an example of what a "table header" was but those as in the past are not sortable options.

The up and down arrows at the top of the wishlist page by the wording ALL ITEMS will sort in several different ways but this isn't just for the current wishlist page but it sorts ALL items in your wishlist so if you have multiple pages it will sort say price highest to lowest ALL items in the wishlist where the other price table header will sort highest to lowest or vice versa only on the current page of the wishlist you are on and like I said that one we just discovered did break and will be resolved tomorrow.:)

Sorry for the confusion, it's been a rough month lol but we will get there!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 7:06 PM

Quote - The green text will be changed to something readable - white.

What about the read text. It is as unreadable as the green

Prime in the Wishlist is read and disappears into the dark background. Why can't we have the little red and blue Banners back? They were to easy to see? 

When I think about it, everything that was good, easy to use, and easy to see, has been eliminated. Renderosity was the best Contend Provider - period. With the stroke of midnight ....

1. I  cannot browse anymore because of the excruciatingly slow speed of the site. When will this be fixed?

2. The last check-out was so scary that I don't dare to try again. When will this be fixed?

3. Everything I have bought after July 17th with a file size larger than 11 MG fails to download. I phoned Renderosity and after staff consulted with the programmers I was assured that it wwould be fixed within 48 hours. 48 hours have long passed and of course nothing was fixed. When will it be fixed?

4. I now realize that renewing my PM was a very big mistake. To late - I can only fixe it next year.

The red (Prime) seems very readable on my end against the coloring of the background but I can talk to them further to see about that coloring or about the sash.

1. Site speed we've been monitoring and there were some issues intermittent that were resolved and we haven't been having any speed issues that I'm aware of this week. We addressed those so not sure about why your speed issues around the site are slow. Are there specific pages you are referring to. I just cruised around alot of different areas to see if I see any lag in any specific spot but I'm not having that issue. We do know there was some issues intermittent up until this last week.

1.  I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "the last checkout was so scary" can you be more specific so I can address your concerns as that is vague for me and it's hard for me to help if I don't know exactly what you are referring to. I'll be happy to help it be less scary for you but I need to know more details about what is scaring you so I can help you and put you at ease

2. I will ask personally the programmers tomorrow about the specific issue you were having with downloading so I can be brought up to speed on what the issue was and if and when it will be resolved. I'll get back to you on that for sure

1. Again I'm not sure exactly what you mean about renewing the Prime but I'll be happy to help in any way that I can but I need more specifics from you in order to assist you completely.

Thank you all for your patience

Stacey

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 7:08 PM

Helgas, if you would feel more comfortable speaking with me directly regarding your concerns please feel free to give me a calll at our toll free number 1.866.220.2949 and I'm more than happy to assist you in anyway I can

Stacey

Marketplace Manager

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 7:39 PM

My overall problem is the overlall market place layout. Its a mess. Also having to depend on the site search to find anything also really sucks. The Renderosity Market place does stand out from others, but not in a good way.

Type in something like v4 clothing models conforming and see how many clothing items you will actually find.

GeofiX ( ) posted Wed, 30 July 2014 at 10:15 PM

"First off the programmers are working right now on the "green" text issue and it's going to be changed to a white that is more like the title of the product, that coloring. Seems in just doing a some testing of different colors for prices this appears to stand out and be easy to read the best. So this "green" thing will be resolved:)"

Thanks for fixing the green crud :thumbupboth:

I hope the red text becomes more user-friendly for people with visual problems.

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2014 at 8:21 AM

I appreciate that you are going to change the price color. Please do so for the red discount color too,

To show my appreciation I took advantage of the last day for the prime discount and added it to my shopping cart. The experience of the checkout could be called "scary: though. After the initial checkout page, the browser stopped responding at the next page - first a complete white page and after reload a "dead" second page of the checkout process (dead as in - not being able to enter any data, no links were working). After trying out another browser, rebooting windows it turned out to be an error in the first checkout page. The page was picking up my personal data (address, name, etc) but it had changed the Country to United States. 

After changing that back to my own country (the Netherlands) the checkout process went slow but smoothly. How the country had changed suddenly I do not know.

I then checked my account settings and again I hit the white page problem. But hard refresh (ctrl-F5) did the trick. So there is something not responding very well in the back end (using Chrome)

The current layout and functionality of the store remains very unfriendly to a regular customer. The "What's new" page is still dominated by the Promo products and can hardly be distinguished from the new products. There still is no way to include or exclude platforms or figures in this section (Poser/DS, V4/Genesis/Dawn/other) and most of the items give no indication of what they are or who they are for. 
This makes the shopping experience at Renderosity unpleasant and a time consuming experience

There are other issues too with the way the rows and columns are presented (half width browser window in a 4K screen (1920 pixels wide) shows only 2 columns) and the search function is very unreliable and lacks basic functionality: For example How do I browse the hair category with items for V4. The filters only appear when I enter a search criteria, but that disables the category. Search either by hair or by V4 both give only partial results or adds clothing and materials

So I am still very dissatisfied with the new shop

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2014 at 9:15 AM · edited Thu, 31 July 2014 at 9:16 AM

One thing that I am noticing is, it appears that when you do a store search, the products from some vendors get preference over others, no matter what sorting filter you use. When I did the v4 clothing models conforming search, the vast majority of the products were from one vendor. Granted the one vendor does put out a lot of clothing. I am using the newest to oldest filter and there are newer clothing from other vendors that also match the search that should show up. I was also getting products that were not for V4. Bottom line is the store search still sucks, the marketplace still sucks.

End result, customer will have to adapt to a system they do not like or move on, which is what I am doing. Tomorrow will be the first of August and it will be the first time I go over a month without spending a dime in the Renderosity Marketplace. It will most likely be that way until the site changes either management,  the layout or both.

There are some nice things about the new layout, but the overall experience is severely lacking. The negatives far outweigh the positives. You can see from the amount of negative threads and comments all over the forums that there are more people who are unhappy with the new site in general than there are people who like it.

You may say that the programmers are working on fixing the font colors, that is a start but the font colors are not the biggest problems the site has. I am more than sure that the site will go through yet another overhaul within a few weeks to a few months. Hopefully when that happens the site will return to its former glory.

When I visit any other site, Daz, RDNA, Content Paradise, Hive Wire, Renderotica even. I can usually find what I need without having to navigate through a maze. I can jump from one category and figure to another without leaving the page I am in. If I want to see what hair sets are available for V4 and then M4 right after, I can. Everything I could possibly want to look at is accessible from one page. There is no way to do that here other than the store search and the store search sucks. The store search does not just suck. It's the worst I have used. I have had better luck finding a product for the store using google. 

Having every product I click on open up in a new tab is terrible! Personally I don't just navigate one site at a time. I have usually other tabs open from other sites. I don't need Renderosity adding to my browsers already taxed work load.

Another thing that this site use to have that other sites still have, is better product information. I can't even tell if a product is compatible with studio or not. Before, whenever I opened a readme file it would download automatically. Now it opens in a new tab. If I want to download it I have to right click and save link as. Not really a big deal but still inconvenient.

It seems to me that the site if more focused on promoting the Prime Membership than actually getting things fixed.

One thing that did get fixed from the last batch of updates is the add to cart and add to wish list buttons. Having the wish list button be bigger than the add to cart button was stupid.   

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2014 at 3:48 PM

the color of the prices is now back to a readable format - thanks for that change, let's hope the discount color will follow too.

The browsing experience has not changed, so it is still almost impossible to just browse the store for items for a particular figure

pisaacs ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 8:29 AM

Another annoyance, which may have been mentionend here, when looking through forum posts you can see ads for marketplace items. Not so in either RDNA or DAZ, only here of course where there is so much marketplace unpleasantness already.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 6:40 PM

I must have them adblocked or block element'd, because I don't see them.  I still see plenty of Rendo promo ads, but thankfully not here.  The only ads I see are on the panel to the right, which has been there since before the redesign.

BTW, Block Element is one of my favorite Firefox plugins.  While technically you can block just about anything, though you have to pay attention to the preview, though, because as with "open blockable element", it can sometimes block a whole chain of things that you really don't want to be blocked.

One of the things on the 3D stores I really love having blocked with it is that tab on the lower right at RDNA that I used to click on accidentally all the time.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 6:53 PM

StacyG, is there a plan to display which figure the clothes and textures are for on the promo thumbnails or under them, so we don't have to click on things we never use when browsing what's new?

I've tried to memorize which vendors make genesis things and I don't click on those promos, but it is probably hit and miss.  

Love esther

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2014 at 9:38 PM

A bit of positive feedback - thanks for fixing the 'Sort By' filter. It's now enabled for all marketplace searches (original post fourth from bottom on page 6 of this thread*)

*I'm sure there used to be an easy way to bookmark (or get the URL for) a specific post?

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 8:47 PM · edited Tue, 05 August 2014 at 8:48 PM

Ugh, first time visiting the marketplace for a while and I think it will be the last time for a while, if I ever return again tbh. What is the go with the ginormous thumbnails with no titles? I feel like Im in the breakfast cereal aisle at the supermarket. Interesting design choice more brutish and in your face than sleek and elegant. Quite unique, but sometimes being unique doesnt make you a visionary just odd.  All the scrolling needed just to look over the intro page tends to give me a motion sickness feeling.

Really to find a new bikini for Genesis the furthest I can get using a drill down is clothes for any figure? lol, wtf? is this serious?

The slowness to load all of those giant thumbnails is terrible to, really breaks a rythym when searching for an item.

And opening new tabs to look at a product is a PITA to.

I'm really scratching my head with this one Rendo, I can see how vendors might love the new giant thumbnails but as a customer the marketplace in now practicly unusable for me. I really dont understand how this could be done so wrong. Im not even going to dig for a positive, as digging is what it would take.

The whole Marketplace experience is now quite terrible. I have to agree that the Renderosity Marketplace was so much better before it was "Fixed" numerous times.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2014 at 10:14 PM

Why do the 'multiple sidebars' ONLY appear after a search?

The OP of this thread linked to the 'front page MarketPlace Improvement article' and I just noticed this bit about the Marketplace Search:

"Once results are returned, you'll be presented with multiple sidebars unique to your search. Please note that the sidebars will NOT appear unless a search is made. "

Obvious question 1 - why?

Obvious question 2 - how many people actually read that front page article?

Obvious question 3 - why don't you put that statement directly under the search bar on the Marketplace page, where everybody using the marketplace will see it?

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 3:29 PM

Thanks you for the change in the market place

The categoriues work now without specifying a search criterium and they now seem to act like real filters.

If you could do this on the what's new page as well and beign able to save those filters, I would be very happy. The What's new page still looks like going into a department store and all new arrivals have been dumped into a pile at the front entrance. So being able to filter those would be very useful

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 5:42 PM · edited Thu, 07 August 2014 at 5:45 PM

What has happened to me, which is I have lost complete interest in ever shopping here again, I believe will happen to many other people. I will look at the market place briefly just to see what is new. If  I find an item I like I will see if it is also available from another store and if not I will look for a similar looking alternative. So far I don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I don't even post in the gallery anymore. The 512kb file limit at on a .jpg format is ridiculous. The main thing that is keeping me from buying anything is having an item open up in a new tab. As soon as that happens I say F this I out of here. The other thing is the complete lack of product information. If a product is not studio compatible I won't get it. As I have said before, the overall lack of symmetry is really unattractive.

DavidGB ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 6:01 PM

Still only seeing two items at a time in the marketplace and in the freebies, still no option to change that, still too much painful scrolling for me, so I'm still not even thinking of buying anything. And I've now given up any hope this issue will be addressed.

Which makes the ongoing bombardment of offers, ad etc emails from Renderosity beyond annoying so I'm off to find where i can unsubcribe from the Rendo emails. I guess the option is in My Account somewhere ...

... found and done.

I'll keep my account just in case I ever need to redownload any of my past purchases.

Sad, but that's that.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 9:35 PM

Quote - ...The OP of this thread linked to the 'front page MarketPlace Improvement article' and I just noticed this bit about the Marketplace Search: "Once results are returned, you'll be presented with multiple sidebars unique to your search. Please note that the sidebars will NOT appear unless a search is made. "

Obvious question 1 - why?

Just spotted winvdb's post above and had another look. Good to see that you've fixed this - the sidebars now appear if you just select a category, e.g. "3D Figure Essentials".

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 9:50 PM · edited Thu, 07 August 2014 at 10:02 PM

file_506428.jpg

**Why Is There So Much Wasted Space?**

You've got one of the classic problems of having three floated

elements arranged as columns, with the main content in the central one. When a user, who's only really interested in the contents of the main, central column scrolls down the page the content of the left and right columns usually finishes first.

In Renderosity Marketplace's case it's made worse by the fact that the top part of the central column is the 'Sponsored Items', which are unrelated to the category/criteria that the user has specifified, and they HAVE TO scroll down to get to the strat of the stuff they were actually looking for!

This is a very, very bad design flaw and happens with a huge variety of websites.

(N.B. I didn't actually check the page source so my comments may not be quite correct, but you can see the problem)

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2014 at 9:57 PM · edited Thu, 07 August 2014 at 9:59 PM

file_506429.jpg

**Badly Floated
Sections?**

If you reduce the width of the browser window to around 1210 pixels or less (I'm using Firefox 31.0 on a Windows 7 system) the left and central divs no longer float side-by-side, they stack one on top of the other, left first, central second. The right div is still on the right.

N.B. I didn't actually check the page source so my comments may not be quite right, but you can see what I mean?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.