Sat, Jun 15, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 15 11:43 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: FEEDBACK THREAD ONLY

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 5:48 AM

Quote - Badly Floated

Sections?

If you reduce the width of the browser window to around 1210 pixels or less (I'm using Firefox 31.0 on a Windows 7 system) the left and central divs no longer float side-by-side, they stack one on top of the other, left first, central second. The right div is still on the right.

N.B. I didn't actually check the page source so my comments may not be quite right, but you can see what I mean?

Yes, that's an issue that makes the search function even worse than the normal marketplace display. In the marketplace, I only see one line of two results at a time, with the first two screenful scrolls being the promoted items. In a search, first there's all the categories not on the left of the search results but above them, taking up most of the screenwidth - on every page of resullts - requring a LOT of scrolling to get down to any actual items below the categories ... and the items then appear alternating one row of two items with one row of ONE item.

This is the kind of abortion of a website design one used to get in the 90s, where people who had some moderate DTP skills ignorantly set themselves up as website designers with no understanding of HTML and CSS, and set up pages in something like the then versions of Dreamweaver, laying them out DTP WYSISWYG style, without any understanding of issues like scalability, or that users would only see their nice layout if they were using exactly the same browser at exactly the same width as the person had been who created it. I don't think I've seen a site designed so badly in this fashion since around 1999, and I do a LOT of browsing all over the web as since becoming disabled and mostly unable to leave the house I haven't got much else to do. I'd thought we were long past such appalling web design. It just beggars belief that anyone could still come up with a design like this in the twenty-teens.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 7:47 AM · edited Fri, 08 August 2014 at 7:59 AM

file_506447.jpg

I did a quick check here and at *'two other well known brands*' - I went to the marketplace at each and looked at the 'Hair' category. I expanded the browser window (Firefox 31.0) to full screen - 1366x768. Results in the attached image.

Personally I think the one on the left is best overall. But only marginally, and judging from this one single test and nothing else. Simply because the 'block' for each item is smaller so you can see more of them on the screen at a time.

But even the one on the left has wasted space when you scroll down. (The middle one is the worst of the trio in that respect.)

Another thing that struck me was that the one on the right has different sized images for some products. That looks really bad in my opinion - but opinion and fact are often very different things...  ;o)

And really they all look more or less the same to me.

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:10 AM · edited Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:21 AM

I also did a check with all three sites to see what happened when I reduced the width of the browser window (Firefox 31.0 again)

The other two behaved well - they seem to have a minimum width set for the content, and when the browser window width drops below this the browser gives you a horizontal scroll bar.

So it looks like Renderosity forgot to do this. (Maybe I should have posted this one to the 'bugs' thread? Edit: posted near the bottom of page 7 of the bugs thread)

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:20 AM

I use my browser (IE11) not at full screen width ... still well over 3/4 width, but with a small gap on the right and a larger one on the left between screen edge and browser window.

Browsing other Poser/DAZ marletplaces - RuntimeDNA, DAZ, Content Paradise, Xurge3d, R'otica, Hivewire3d, ShareCG, D3D, FoRender, Vanishing Point, Mankahoo, EvilInnocence, PoserAddicts, and a bunch of others but that's enough to list - I see varying numbers of items within my browser display at once, per scroll. The MINIMUM number with all of those is SIX, the maximum TWELVE, with quite a few on eight or nine. This is also true at other, non-3D related internet stores I go to to look for clothes, a replacement freezer and fridge, books, music, films ro whatever.

ONLY the Renderosity store shows less than 6, and indeed only TWO in the marketplace and freebies, and alternate browser screens of two then ONE in the search.

Oh, but I'm SURE all of those other websites are being inundated by angry users wanting huge item displays so they could only see two items per screen, but their website designers are ignoring them ... NOT.

But the person who came up with the idea at Renderosity, and those who approved it and actually chose to boast about it as an improvement in the notificatiosn about the site 'upgrade, will never admit they made a mistake. So I give up.

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:26 AM · edited Fri, 08 August 2014 at 8:31 AM

Quote - I also did a check with all three sites to see what happened when I reduced the width of the browser window (Firefox 31.0 again)

The other two behaved well - they seem to have a minimum width set for the content, and when the browser window width drops below this the browser gives you a horizontal scroll bar.

So it looks like Renderosity forgot to do this. (Maybe I should have posted this one to the 'bugs' thread?)

The ONLY other site of those I listed above where I get a horizontal scrollbar is the new RuntimeDNA ... and even there I don't actually have to use it to see all the items in the store on the main store pages, just a little bit on the product pages to see the product promo thumbnails on the right of the main promo image. Which makes me not very happy with RDNA and its new store, actually. But then again, whereas I used to buy a lot of stuff from RDNA between about 2004 and 2008, since then they've pretty much stopped producing new stuff of the kind i'd like and buy, so it doesn't actually bother me that much in practice as I seldom open a product page.

Having unsubscribed from all the newletters etc last night, time to unsubscribe from the forum threads now. Done.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 9:55 AM

I don't understand why we have to select the 3d Figure essentials to get the side bar, I find that to be a needless extra step, but I gave it a try anyways

while trying the side bar. I was like not bad, not bad its a decent start and then this happened

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593&branch_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials%3BAddOns%3BClothing&figure=Victoria%204&software=Daz%20Studio%204.5&gender=Female

Fatal error: Uncaught AwsCloudSearchExceptionCloudSearchException: AWS Error Code: Throttling, Status Code: 400, AWS Request ID: 7aaa83c2-1f05-11e4-a4db-8d356ba41972, AWS Error Type: client, AWS Error Message: Rate exceeded, User-Agent: aws-sdk-php2/2.6.6 Guzzle/3.9.1 curl/7.19.7 PHP/5.3.3 thrown in phar:///rn1/renderosity/builds/production_1407470230/library/AWS/aws.phar/Aws/Common/Exception/NamespaceExceptionFactory.php on line 91

the errors happen at random and I Hope they get it fixed soon.

Like I said its a decent start but still needs more work

There is currently No way to sort between dynamic, conforming or second skin clothing, I am not a poser user but I tried the poser section in the software and could not find it there either

I tried to go from clothing to poses by selecting the poses in the side bar and it gave me a not matches found, it appears you can't switch catagories on the fly through the side bar yet, and if you do the items go wonky.

I also agrees with above posts, if you must display the Sponsored Items they should at least relate to the deparment we are in

One thing that did get fixed from the last batch of updates is the add to cart and add to wish list buttons. Having the wish list button be bigger than the add to cart button was stupid. 

I would really like to see some Horizontal slide out menus used in the store, are awesome. They minimize the amount of space taken up while still making navigation easy. That translates to less scrolling and more organization.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 11:37 AM

Razor42/Designanvil: Just be glad you didn't get here earlier.  The way it is now is a breath of fresh air compared to when they first brought the new design out in late July.  I hope you won't pull your store products just yet, because I still want to buy the Genesis Bikini and gemstone shader products. <:(

I'm really scratching my head with this one Rendo, I can see how vendors might love the new giant thumbnails but as a customer the marketplace in now practicly unusable for me. I really dont understand how this could be done so wrong. Im not even going to dig for a positive, as digging is what it would take.
The only positive is that you can now see what products you've purchased, and the bigger thumbnails are easier for people with vision problems (but on the flipside, unpleasant for those with painful conditions of the hand, which goes to show that Rendo needs to figure out some way to make CSS sheets to accomadate both disabilities).  RDNA still has some serious bugs, too, but their redesign is far better provided your monitor isn't smaller than 800 x 1200 like mine is-- and IMO their bugs are more serious (unless it's been fixed in the past week and a half, gift cards and purchase history/ability to re-DL products unless you kept the receipt is currently unavailable).  Also, I doubt that all vendors are happy about the bigger thumbnails because they're being required to submit bigger thumbnails, which means rendering thumbnail promos for their products all-over again.  Plenty of them still haven't gotten to it even now, and some (esp. the ones that haven't been around in forever and never have their products on sale) never will.

Obvious question 3 - why don't you put that statement directly under the search bar on the Marketplace page, where everybody using the marketplace will see it?
Agreed.  You really need to put some detailed instructions somewhere where people will find it-- preferrably in the FAQ.

What has happened to me, which is I have lost complete interest in ever shopping here again, I believe will happen to many other people.
I used to be in the same boat with you, John, but with the stuff Rendo has cleaned up their act on (the font color, assuring is that they'll use a testing site of some sort-- though hopefully it will either be on a separate server or at least something people can opt in and out of as they please-- not something like DAZ's Platinum + where once you sign up you're stuck with it)   SO I'm willing to go back to my regular shopping habits here again, even though shopping is a bigger pain in the ass than it used to be, and I'll never be bundle shopping due to the flash slidescroll collections that prevent me from seeing all products in that bundle at once.  However, I'm not sure how much shopping I'll do this month as I don't find the "daily deal freebie" thing to be worth it unless I see a vendor that never puts their products on sale otherwise, such as Mairy/3Dream, or if it's a vendor whose items are already 30% off so I don't have to buy one at full price.

There is currently No way to sort between dynamic, conforming or second skin clothing, I am not a poser user but I tried the poser section in the software and could not find it there either
There isn't?  Bummer.  Though a tip until that happens, Tipol, Sshodan, and Arki are vendors of ONLY dynamic clothing, and Spiritfoxy is a texture maker who mostly makes textures for either V4 characters or for Arki's products (she's one of my favorite texture makers however, along with RenaPD and Anagord.  Yeah, I like the shiny shiny textures.) though I believe she also sells a texture set for the druid staff that I plan to snatch up as soon as it's 45 or 50% off, regardless of wherher or not there are DAZ material files for it.  Tipol and Sshodan alone make up for the majority of dynamic clothing products on Renderosity. 

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 13 August 2014 at 1:51 PM

I keep seeing these 60% off sales on items I want, but I just don't care anymore. I may take advantage of the coupon code I have, I would have to be stupid not to. But yeah I just don't care anymore. I'm so turned off and away by the marketplace, I'm like almost past the point where I am like blah to the point where I am like, oh there's a sale, meh. I don't know if its too little too late on the part of Renderosity or what.

modus0 ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2014 at 7:59 PM

And we seem to be experiencing the standard procedure for Renderosity when they change something:

Promise that any issues "Will be looked into"

Fix a few somewhat major problems in hopes it will mollify people

Ignore the larger issues until the furor dies down and people either leave or return to business as usual.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 3:15 PM

Quote - And we seem to be experiencing the standard procedure for Renderosity when they change something:

Promise that any issues "Will be looked into"

Fix a few somewhat major problems in hopes it will mollify people

Ignore the larger issues until the furor dies down and people either leave or return to business as usual.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Ahhh, now don't you know, modus, the customer is always wrong at Renderosity.  That's their first response to ANY inquiry here.

I don't bother anymore at Rendo.  They're become the 2nd Genesis store anyway, so there's nothing to buy for Poser users.

The leftovers for us Poser users are gawd awful "metro" cars with shadowing from bad modeling and promos a 3 year old could produce.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Thu, 21 August 2014 at 4:16 PM

The store still sucks and it looks like its not going to get any better.

I keep breaking it and getting this link

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593.359648&sub_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials;Poses%20&%20Expressions&figure=Victoria%204&fb=onsale&genre=SciFi

I am in the poses and expressions looking for v4 poses and then I click on the scifi theme which has 12 items listed, I click on it and the store breaks.

3dstories ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2014 at 7:57 PM

I don't know where to put this. It's my fault, yes, I know. But I'm still annoyed.

This morning before work, I got up, saw the vendor grab bags (Vyktohria) and spent about an hour going through the (horrible for me) new site layout.  I picked out two items for the Vyktohria gab bag. This evening I got back, figured out how to pay for them with the renderrewards and money I had and bought them.

There was no notice about the grab bag and How I would apply for it or what had been awarded to me in the promotion.

Why?

I went to check how I would go about getting the grab bag. Low and behold instead of the usual 11:59PM everyday, Surprise surprise, Renderosity decided to end the grab bag a few hours after I put items into my cart.

So, for this wonderful grab bag promotion, I do not receive a grab bag.

The rendo site has gotten hard enough for me to navigate. I do not like this grab bag promotion and its fine print. It didn't do anything except consume my time.

My one reward is a good product from a good vendor. But I didn't get anything extra from Renderosity.

Phooey on you promotional peoples!.....

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 2:50 PM

Last week or the week before last, I had a 60% off coupon, which I used to get two products that had been in my wish list for a while. Now there is this massive 70% off sale, which is great. The only bad thing is  I was only able get a handful of items. I am short on cash but could not pass up on the savings. I was  able to use another coupon for an extra  17% off the total sum of my order including sales items. I really don't know what to make of these giant back to back sales. The site is still hard to navigate and broken in some places. Deleting items from my kart took a bit longer than it should have. I also keep navigating into these dead links and no one has gotten back to me about it, not that I have submitted a formal bug report, I sometimes find that is pretty pointless. I am still very unhappy with the marketplace layout and I think it is safe to assume that I am not the only one. Have the sales declined to the point where they need these sales to balance things out? Or is this Renderosity saying, hey sorry that we messed up so bad, here are some coupons, please use them?  

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 6:03 PM

Quote -  I am still very unhappy with the marketplace layout and I think it is safe to assume that I am not the only one.

You are not alone.

KimberlyC ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 9:52 PM

Quote - Last week or the week before last, I had a 60% off coupon, which I used to get two products that had been in my wish list for a while. Now there is this massive 70% off sale, which is great. The only bad thing is  I was only able get a handful of items. I am short on cash but could not pass up on the savings. I was  able to use another coupon for an extra  17% off the total sum of my order including sales items. I really don't know what to make of these giant back to back sales. The site is still hard to navigate and broken in some places. Deleting items from my kart took a bit longer than it should have. I also keep navigating into these dead links and no one has gotten back to me about it, not that I have submitted a formal bug report, I sometimes find that is pretty pointless. I am still very unhappy with the marketplace layout and I think it is safe to assume that I am not the only one. Have the sales declined to the point where they need these sales to balance things out? Or is this Renderosity saying, hey sorry that we messed up so bad, here are some coupons, please use them?  

Can you please tell me what dead links you are referring to? This is the first time I have heard of any.

The coupons we do from time to time. Can you tell me what issues you are having and what you don't like, and/or anything else so we can check it out for you.

Thanks!!

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2014 at 11:12 PM · edited Sat, 23 August 2014 at 11:19 PM

I have posted many of the things I do not like about the new store layout, as have other people. If you are unable to find it, that just means this thread is not being monitored as often or as thoroughly as it should be. The sites layout and behavior are very dated. The icons are entirely too big for any size display, and for icons of that size they give very little information about the actual product they are supposed to represent. They have fixed the color on the normal price listing but not the mucky red of the sales price, which I believe was supposed to be changed to white. I often wonder why the programmer did not use something similar to ion-side-menus for the navigation. They are used by many 3D content sites, are easy enough to code, and can decrease the amount of scrolling needed, lessen the amount of space that is being taken up by all the sub categories in the 3D Figure Essentials Department. Overall they can improve product management and navigation. The site search still sucks. Many of the items that should be listed under a search query are not. I also do not like having every product open up in a tab. That is frustrating. I never had an issue opening a product by right clicking on its thumbnail and telling the browser to open it in a new tab or window when I needed it to be. It was optional, now it’s being forced on the customers. These are ion side menus. http://ionicframework.com/docs/api/directive/ionSideMenus/ http://demo.joomlashine.com/joomla-templates/jsn_dome/pro/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=72&Itemid=468 http://wijmo.com/widgets/wijmo-open/menu/  As I have said before, there is an excessive amount of scrolling and stumbling around required, to find anything in the in the 3D Figure essentials Department. This thread and the forums are full of unhappy people. Only reason I was able to purchase anything today is that the sale was isolated to one department and I had a total savings of 87% when checking out.

When I was deleting items from my kart, each item to a very long time to be deleted. The check process also took a lot longer than it should have. The dead links are some times random but I have often been able to replicate them. Here are some of them and some of the error codes I have gotten, all of which have been in previous posts.   

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593.359648&sub_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials;Poses%20&%20Expressions&figure=Victoria%204&fb=onsale&genre=SciFi

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593&branch_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials%3BAddOns%3BClothing&figure=Victoria%204&software=Daz%20Studio%204.5&gender=Female

Fatal error: Uncaught AwsCloudSearchExceptionCloudSearchException: AWS Error Code: Throttling, Status Code: 400, AWS Request ID: 7aaa83c2-1f05-11e4-a4db-8d356ba41972, AWS Error Type: client, AWS Error Message: Rate exceeded, User-Agent: aws-sdk-php2/2.6.6 Guzzle/3.9.1 curl/7.19.7 PHP/5.3.3 thrown in phar:///rn1/renderosity/builds/production_1407470230/library/AWS/aws.phar/Aws/Common/Exception/NamespaceExceptionFactory.php on line 91

I am also unable to get spell check to work.

3dstories ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2014 at 6:39 AM

Quote -  ....The site is still hard to navigate ....Deleting items from my kart took a bit longer than it should have.

Renderosity should provide a 'click' icon so that you can click everything at once and then hit 'delete' only one time. It really does take a long time to delete things now, since it seems to have to link up with the server for each and every item and I hope this bug is addressed and fixed in the near future.

I have to read the site at 80% to see the items reasonably. The trade-off in navigation is legibility.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 3:46 PM

Ok its been its been several weeks since my last bit of feed back, which went completely ignored, no suprise there. The last post was the day I made my last purchase, August 23.

Since then Renderosity released the latest sets of servays and I must say I could only report negatives on both the store and community serveys. Today I have a little bit of extra cash wanted to try and look for some poses, which is what I buy the most. I try and sort the V4 poses according to price from low to high and behold another dead link.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593&sub_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials;Poses%20&%20Expressions&figure=Victoria%204&sb=lowest

I hate being proven right when it comes to matters like this

End result has been same as it always is with this site. The consumer has to adapt to a system they do not like or take their money else where. Being that I can't navigate the site the way I would like, I have to look for what I want else where.

This site is the absolute worst. FTS.

helgas ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 4:37 PM

My response is still sitting in your in-basket unread. The message was sent August 7.

Slowly I believe that talking about the state of the Store and everything that goes with it is senseless. After all the Bug Reports and Suggestions Renderosity received from their members there was no effort made to improve even the most mentioned irritants.

I have made my piece be avoiding to browse the Store. I look only at what is new and the latest Prime items. My spending has become minimal and will remain so. The desire to make a purchase has gone away. Something I had thought would never happen.

I will never get used to the gigantic, uneven sized Thumbnails. I will never get used to the scrolling required to view just one Product plus description. The red and green Christmas coloured prices will remain an irritant as will unreadable colored text.

The download page still does not show a file size. How hard can it be to add this feature that we enjoyed before the improved bigger and better site? The file download problem was never fixed (the "we could do it right now but give us two days so we can do it right" promise was what? Did the Webmaster think I would never notice that it was just another empty promise?). 

Quote - Helgas, if you would feel more comfortable speaking with me directly regarding your concerns please feel free to give me a calll at our toll free number 1.866.220.2949 and I'm more than happy to assist you in anyway I can

Stacey

Marketplace Manager

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2014 at 7:54 PM

You know what I did with the extra cash I had in my account, I went and bought Churros at Walmart.

Vaskania ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 12:24 AM

Quote - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593&sub_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials;Poses%20&%20Expressions&figure=Victoria%204&sb=lowest

Not sure if you've found them yet, but if you're still hunting them down, try this link:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593.359648&figure=Victoria%204&sb=lowest

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 11:50 AM

I was looking for poses sorted by price from lowest to highest and thats clothing

I tried it again today and here we ago

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593.359648&sub_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials;Poses%20&%20Expressions&figure=Victoria%204&sb=lowest

same dead link

DavidGB ( ) posted Sun, 14 September 2014 at 7:45 PM

Well, I'm so appalled by the huge thumbnails meaning I can only see two products at a time at my usual browser width (and alternating two together, then just one in search results) I haven't bought anything since the website change. Two things I was after where Google searches showed Renderosity had them but other sites did too, I bought at the other stores, even though one was on a lesser sale and cost a couple of dollars more there. Other things that were just here I just dropped wanting them. So it will continue unless things change for the better.

But you know what's crazy - on the Marketplace home page, the thumbnails scale down on shrinking the browser window, so I can see four per row at my used browser width, exactly the same as at full screen, and would be able to see two rows too even with the normal store page data underneath. But the store/search/freestuff pages don't. WHY, WHY, WHY can Rendo have the item thumbs auto-scale down on the store index page but not the others.

But you know what's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY crazy - and I've only just actually realised this, parly because it is so unbelievably stupid and mad my brain has been refusing to properly process what my eyes see, because it is just too, too unbelievable - When you shrink the browser window a bit on the store, search results and freebies, the large thumbnails don't just not scale DOWN ... thay actually get LARGER!

Really. they do. I go to the store what's new page, fullscreen my browser, check the dimensions of a product thumbnail as it is DISPLAYED, and the DISPLAYED size is 241x281 pixels. (Note: that is NOT the actual size of the thumb image, which is 300x350 - the thumbs are being scaled down with my browser at full screen). The thumbnails on the Market home/index page are displayed at the same size. But if I reduce the width of my browser to my normal size (a bit over 80% screen width, though less than 90%), the DISPLAYED size of the thumbnail on the store listing pages goes UP to 290x338, whereas on the store index/home page, the thumbnails shrink to a DISPLAYED size of 169x198.

That is just completely CRAZY. It's not that the store software can't auto-shrink the thumbnails - with my browser fullscreened on my 1366x768 display, it is scaling the 300x350 pixel product thumbnails down to 241x281 pixels. And it's not that the store can't have the thumbnails scale down futher when the browser is not full screened and not as wide, because on the store home page it scales the 300x350 pixels down from 241x281 to 169x198. But on the store listing, search result and freebies pages it INCREASES the size of the thumbs from 241x281 to 290x338 when I REDUCE the browser window widtth a bit to my operating size.

And I've got to say it again because it is so completely NUTS. The way Rendo have the website configured, shrinking the browser makes the thumbs get LARGER instead of smaller.

Now - will some member of the Rendo staff EXPLAIN to me the logic for the site making thumbs LARGER as the browser size shrink; and why the store home page is able to shrink the thumbnails to maintain the number of items on display, while thae actual store pages not only can't shrink them but make them bigger.

And if you can't explain that (with honesty and a straight face) then GET IT FIXED.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 9:47 AM

Quote - Well, I'm so appalled by the huge thumbnails meaning I can only see two products at a time at my usual browser width (and alternating two together, then just one in search results) I haven't bought anything since the website change. Two things I was after where Google searches showed Renderosity had them but other sites did too, I bought at the other stores, even though one was on a lesser sale and cost a couple of dollars more there. Other things that were just here I just dropped wanting them. So it will continue unless things change for the better.

But you know what's crazy - on the Marketplace home page, the thumbnails scale down on shrinking the browser window, so I can see four per row at my used browser width, exactly the same as at full screen, and would be able to see two rows too even with the normal store page data underneath. But the store/search/freestuff pages don't. WHY, WHY, WHY can Rendo have the item thumbs auto-scale down on the store index page but not the others.

But you know what's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY crazy - and I've only just actually realised this, parly because it is so unbelievably stupid and mad my brain has been refusing to properly process what my eyes see, because it is just too, too unbelievable - When you shrink the browser window a bit on the store, search results and freebies, the large thumbnails don't just not scale DOWN ... thay actually get LARGER!

Really. they do. I go to the store what's new page, fullscreen my browser, check the dimensions of a product thumbnail as it is DISPLAYED, and the DISPLAYED size is 241x281 pixels. (Note: that is NOT the actual size of the thumb image, which is 300x350 - the thumbs are being scaled down with my browser at full screen). The thumbnails on the Market home/index page are displayed at the same size. But if I reduce the width of my browser to my normal size (a bit over 80% screen width, though less than 90%), the DISPLAYED size of the thumbnail on the store listing pages goes UP to 290x338, whereas on the store index/home page, the thumbnails shrink to a DISPLAYED size of 169x198.

That is just completely CRAZY. It's not that the store software can't auto-shrink the thumbnails - with my browser fullscreened on my 1366x768 display, it is scaling the 300x350 pixel product thumbnails down to 241x281 pixels. And it's not that the store can't have the thumbnails scale down futher when the browser is not full screened and not as wide, because on the store home page it scales the 300x350 pixels down from 241x281 to 169x198. But on the store listing, search result and freebies pages it INCREASES the size of the thumbs from 241x281 to 290x338 when I REDUCE the browser window widtth a bit to my operating size.

And I've got to say it again because it is so completely NUTS. The way Rendo have the website configured, shrinking the browser makes the thumbs get LARGER instead of smaller.

Now - will some member of the Rendo staff EXPLAIN to me the logic for the site making thumbs LARGER as the browser size shrink; and why the store home page is able to shrink the thumbnails to maintain the number of items on display, while thae actual store pages not only can't shrink them but make them bigger.

And if you can't explain that (with honesty and a straight face) then GET IT FIXED.

ROFL, nearly 2 months into this and you think they CARE?  Puuuuuulease!

According to Renderosity, what you see is what you get - they consider the website fixed.  And if you don't agree, you can just take your business elsewhere.

The Renderosity Way.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 9:58 AM

That's what I been doing. I bought Churros at Churro Mania and Three Creatura figures at Daz. HP Triton I am getting from another store.

The only things I have bought recently have been on crazy sales. 70% off

DavidGB ( ) posted Mon, 15 September 2014 at 11:21 AM

I have taken all my business elsewhere.

And I don't have much hope for change.

I was just prompted to post because i was so gobsmacked to (belatedly) realise the giant thumbnais weren't just staying giant in a reduced width browser but were actually BIGGER in a reduced width browser. I'd kind of noticed before but somehow thought it was just an optical illusion. Yesterday I actually checked and found they really WERE bigger. Which finally explains the oddity I'd always noticed that my usual browser width is less than one fullscreen item thumbnail width narrower than fullscreen, but the display drops from 4 items per line to TWO, rather than three.

I would also like to see any attempt by renderosity to explain that it is INTENTIONAL that the item thumbnails get bigger as you shrink the browser window width. Clearly it is actually a cock-up, and a very simple, very basic one. In the page code used for the store, search results and freebies, somebody has got the sign wrong on the magnification factor, making it positive when it should be negative (or the other way round, depending on how it's coded), unlike the store front page code where it is correct. It would probably only take one edit to the code to fix. And you tjhink they could manage THAT. ONE LITTLE FIX: probably adding a - (or deleting one) to get the pages behaving properly and acceptably.

Vaskania ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2014 at 3:42 AM

Quote - I was looking for poses sorted by price from lowest to highest and thats clothing

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359593.359648&sub_category=3D%20Figure%20Essentials;Poses%20&%20Expressions&figure=Victoria%204&sb=lowest

same dead link

I don't know how my link is giving you clothing. It shows me Poses & Expressions in the drill down.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2014 at 8:01 AM

thank you for trying though

tsarist ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 8:54 PM

I was trying to navigate the sales this weekend. 

I couldn't find how to search for just vehicles or just buildings like I used to.

That was a REALLY Big help to me in times gone by.

I pretty much had to go through each page and Today, I just don't have time. 

Hope I didn't miss anything.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 9:07 PM · edited Sat, 27 September 2014 at 9:21 PM

I was having trouble doing so recently. The problem is that the site layout is very nonintuitive and stupid. The split in the departments in my opinion is not needed. For buildings you have to go to 3D Models/Architecture and for Vehicles 3D Models/ Transportation. After you have reached said locations you have to do a lot of scrolling in order to find what you need. It looks like they have fixed the issue I was having last week with the dead links. The sites a mess and I hope they redo the entire thing soon.

I posted links to each section for you to checkout

I can find my way around the site, does that mean I like it? hell no! Its ugly, everything is way too big, its not user friendly, has a lot of bugs and the staff is just terrible. I know I can be hard on things and people but. Should I really have to go through such a hard time to buy something. 

I found two new sites that have a lot of interesting content and a very simple web layout. So I am working on phasing out this store completely.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359562.359698

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?TopID=359562.359566

booksbydavid ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2014 at 11:59 AM

Quote - I found two new sites that have a lot of interesting content and a very simple web layout. So I am working on phasing out this store completely.

I did the same thing when DAZ followed the path Rendo is on now. I don't shop at DAZ anymore. I don't shop much here either, more so since the newest change. It's very difficult to find what I'm looking for. There are other places to buy 3D content.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2014 at 12:42 PM

Actually I am a platinum plus member at daz. I find the service is great and the site is easy to use, plus one can't beat the prices.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 1:58 PM

Well its Octorber 14th and I have not made any purchases from the marketplace, at least the renderosity marketplace. I got an email for a promo, Get 40 percent off an order of 40 dollars, and I'm like no thank you.

GeofiX ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2014 at 11:06 AM

Browsing this site for any specific item is like trying to find a book in a library that’s been hit by an earthquake - You’ll only ever succeed by accident.

And speaking of natural disasters, the site still shows it’s pricing in GREEN font!

Also I notice that Rendo has lost a number of merchants to DAZ. Curious timing don‘t you think...

caty77 ( ) posted Mon, 20 October 2014 at 5:06 PM

Not only merchants. But many artists too...

A haven't no really problem for seeing, but this green is a problem indeed

bwsupport ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 6:12 PM · edited Sun, 02 November 2014 at 6:36 PM
Site Admin

So, I don't understand why a lot of you are having trouble finding products. The main department dropdown is generic. Once you go into a main department you can use the side facets to quickly filter whatever you desire. Unlike DAZ our department faceting actually allows you to facet multiple departments, since products on Renderosity can be attached to more than one category. The same functionality is possible through the search and our search is also more efficient than DAZ's because it searches against custom keywords and data controlled by the vendors. You can also easily search based on a vendor name with all the same functionality.

file_084b6fbb10729ed4da8c3d3f5a3ae7c9.jp

Here's a simple example: On the screen-shot above, I first traveled to '3D Models' then used the 'Department' facet to filter three different departments within the '3D Models' department. So basically I just filtered three different departments returning only two products (not counting the sponsored items). This is just the start I could at this point filter by 'Software', 'Gender', 'Genre' all at the same time (if available products are applicable ). This SAME functionality is available when searching. 

You should have no issue finding anything within 30 seconds.

bwsupport ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 7:43 PM · edited Sun, 02 November 2014 at 7:47 PM
Site Admin

Quote - I was looking for poses sorted by price from lowest to highest and thats clothing

same dead link

I don't know how my link is giving you clothing. It shows me Poses & Expressions in the drill down.

The initial issue here was the '&' in 'Poser & Expressions' this has since been fixed, however the above link will still be invalid since it contains the '&' inside it. The simplified link you are looking for is this. Notice that it wasn't necessary to go into the 'Poses & Expressions' from the top menu. Just simply go to '3D Models' in the main menu, then facet into 'Poser & Expressions', then facet into 'Victoria 4', then sort by 'Low to High'.

Note that once on the page, you can also filter these results by using the 'Filter By' dropdown or continue to drilldown using the available facets by 'Gender', 'Departments', 'Software', and 'Genre'.

Digitell ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2014 at 6:52 AM

This morning I was browsing and the first item I clicked on showed as Unavailable..so I clicked the Report item and reported it as Unavailable..I go on to browse and note there are several items as Unavailable..every item I look at is unavailable? Is something going on with the marketplace this morning? Just thought I would mention it.

TinaK ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2014 at 3:15 PM

@digitell - Can you tell me if you were in a specific department or what area of the site you were browsing.  Also what browser were you using and are you still receiving this area as well?

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Digitell ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2014 at 3:25 PM

Hi Tina,

OK..here is what happened: I first went to the Marketplace. Then I did a search on "Asian". That got me to this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?search=asian&expression=product_name

I scrolled down and clicked on "Asian Bundle 3" and clicked on it and got this page: 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/asian-bundle-iii/72806/

It is still showing as Unavailable. 

When I click on other pages now..all is back to normal, but was not this morning. Very Odd!

I use Chrome for my browser.

Thank you :)

TinaK ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2014 at 4:52 PM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for giving me this information and I have reported it to the programmers.  They are going to re-run the script to see if this doesn't solve the issue so please check back and a bit and let me know if it isn't corrected for you.

Have a wonderful evening.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Digitell ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2014 at 5:01 PM

Glad I could help. Thanks so much! Have a good evening!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.