Thu, May 16, 5:07 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 1:31 am)

Subject: Feature requests for Poser

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2014 at 11:51 AM

oh and IK Loops (which would allow 2 hand holding of objects, tank tracks, hoses for air bottles, bracelets, etc)

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 02 March 2014 at 11:45 PM

In the hair room:

The ability to copy a dynamic hair group, move it to a different part of the skullcap and attach it. It should find the appropriate vertices and create a hair growth group automatically, and retain settings and styling.

The ability to mirror styling from one hair group to another, around the x axis or z axis.

The ability to group dynamic hair groups together and apply settings to them in one go. (Smith Micro could buy PhilC's Curl up and Dye script and make it part of Poser).

New hair styling tools for the hair room:

A spiral tool. Not the same as the twist tool, which creates a sausage.  A tool that creates a proper corkscrew ringlet.

A braid tool. This should take the currently selected hair group, divide it into three sections, and braid it.

A hair styling setting that introduces a degree of randomness in the direction of the hair growth.

A brush tool that makes the direction of the hair growth follow the brush, similar to the morphing tool.

Inflate, deflate, straighten and frizz brushes that apply those effects to the hair as you move the brush across it.

A highlighting brush that works on the current hair shader, enabling you to apply a streaked effect.

(Yes, I want it all)

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Dale B ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 6:02 AM

Quote - oh and IK Loops (which would allow 2 hand holding of objects, tank tracks, hoses for air bottles, bracelets, etc)

Yes!

Knew I forgot some........ :)  

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 03 March 2014 at 6:23 AM
Site Admin

To add to nannette's list of hair room wishes, a scissors tool that will allow for  hair to be "trimmed" to the same length. A curling tool that will curl in any direction with an "apply" or "set" option to go with the curl tool so you can then do other curls on the same strand.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2014 at 9:36 PM · edited Thu, 13 March 2014 at 9:38 PM

It would be nice to have more control over the random action in the nodes.  A lot of particle effects could be accomplished easily if the Noise node had more flexibility.

1.  A control to make it denser or sparser.  This can be accomplished rather crudely with a Ceil or Floor math function, but direct would be better.

1. At present the randomizer is the same every time you render.  This is good when the Noise is used for grass or plaster that need to be the same in each frame, but it's not so good when the Noise is simulating dust or ions or other particles that need to move randomly.  Maybe an Animated switch like the green key thing on many other values.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

pitklad ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2014 at 4:09 AM

I would like to see a more automatic cloth room set up option. The idea:
On the cloth load just set the calculation frames number  and than poser could
calculate automatically the transition from T pose to current frame pose without further set-up
Since most poser hobbyist use it for static renders this would require less time and knowledge
of course this would also require that dynamic cloth file should carry all the dynamic info in it
This way cloths that already have been set up can be used almost as easy as conforming cloths
except of course the draping calculation time

Also would this be possible with Python script?

My FreeStuff

Voltex ( ) posted Mon, 07 April 2014 at 10:58 PM

I would like to see several features.

1. Light Linking

Light Linking is used in Maya. Basically light linking allows a light to only effect a certain object in the scene. For example you could set up a great 3 point light setup for a character but what the lips to be more specular. You could then assign a spot light just for the lips and it would not effect any other part of the character. Light Linking is a cheat but it is a wonderful cheat.

1. Scene Improvement

I think browsing in a scene should be a fast and smooth as high end 3d software or daz studio. The fps in it should easily be 100+ and allow complex scenes to be handled more easily.

1. Camera shortcuts

We should be able to control cameras through ctrl + mouse button or some similiar fashion. This would incluse rotation, panning, and zooming. I am surprised this has yet to be added to Poser.

1. Program shortcuts

We should have pre assigned hotkeys to instantly access other parts of the software on the fly.

1. FireFly render engine

FireFly has come far since I first saw it in Poser 6 but it should continue to get better. Also the lights + firefly should start to give much better and realistic results.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 09 April 2014 at 8:17 PM

I'd like to have Poser figures remapped into separate bodyparts. It makes no sense That I can't add a stocking shader to Roxie's legs and feet without having to first regroup her. AND THEN if i want to share that shader, whoever wants to use it has to regroup their own version of her.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2014 at 4:29 AM

Right click on a selection of nodes in the material room brings up the option totransfer to a selection of other materials,this would save alot of time

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

tchadensis ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2014 at 8:19 AM

Quote - Collapse the effing hierarchy. This has been requested for 24 effing years and still not done. More recent problem, seems to have started in P9.  The number-typing area has become tightly restricted and hard to find.  I constantly think I've hit it, type in a number, and find that the number has done something crazy like selecting another figure or spinning the cameras around.

Alternatively, prevent typed numbers from doing crazy things.  I doubt that anyone actually uses those typed number shortcuts.

Ockham for king of the world!  He's made the only two suggestions I'd also like to see and his free python scripts are brilliant.  Thanks for these.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2014 at 11:19 AM

would be more fun to watch renders if the buckets could be like pacman, chomping along  -tee hee

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Chaosophia ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2014 at 11:33 PM · edited Thu, 15 May 2014 at 11:35 PM

Well, here goes my features requests or possible desires of Poser hoping to be fulfilled.

1. Hair particle system like blender. I have played around with this in Blender 2.7 and wow it is easier to style the hair than posers hair room. WAY easier, you don't have to select de select the hairs back and forth. It works more like a comb or brush. Plus it renders great. I would love to see this improvement in the hair room, Blender's UI for hair particles is quite intense but if the poser and blender settings met at a happy medium wiyhout it defeating the quality then it would gain more play in my renders.

2. 64 bit for the standard Poser not just for the Pro version.

3. maybe some kind of magnet technique to where if one obj collides into another the static obj deforms around the area using a subdivide on the area of effect to get it to kind of shrinkwrap in that area where the collision is taking place. For example, You have a framed portrait, you set the portrait group to target A which will deform in a shrinkwrapping way to say the hand of V4 which is set to target b so when the hand collides through the portrait the portrait obj has a dynamic effect shrinkwrapping to the hand, but the other areas of the portrait stay constrained until collided with by the other target. This would be great for portal effects as well, like say a stargate portal. I have tried this with dynamic cloth and it doesn't work to well even setting the settings to keep the shape, and with force objects. Maybe this can be done easily already but I have not found a way to do this without resculpting the models in other aps, or am too ignorant to get it properly done right.

4. Maybe changing the face room to have the option to sculpt faces of the model you have loaded, say it automatically loads the head group into the editor of any figure you have loaded in the scene, and give some tools which can shape the face, in a sculpting format. Doesn't have to be expansive like Blender or Z Brush, maybe with an option to load your own brush and set your strength values accordingly like the morph brushes.

5. Mesh Lighting, I have only played with this a bit with Reality3, since Lux Render takes forever to render, and I haven't obtained realistic results, but some amazing renders I have seen on Deviant Art which use the mesh lighting as their only lighting source.Plus the possibilities could be endless if the mesh lighting could take to any form of obj. For example I create a curved prim in wings which has 8 faces and it reflects the light evenly. That is a thought but am unsure if that would work or not.

6. Ragdoll preset key for the model you have loaded for Poser Physics, which applies to the selected figure a ragdoll like form that can be dropped and flow with environment settings such as gravity ect.

That is about all I can think of that would blow my mind away. Just my 6 cents.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2014 at 11:52 AM

poser has #5, maha.  you select mesh (posersurface), then set ambient colour white, value 10 or 100 e.g., render using raytracing/IDL.  with IDL settings maxxed out, it takes almost as long as lux.

Chaosophia ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 12:14 AM

was completely unaware of that trick, will try it out. Thanks.

Chaosophia ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 12:24 AM

Oh one more thing I forgot before which would be awesome, liquid effects.  Might be considered a particle effect, but where you would have water in a pool splash when collided with. Or set a point of entry to where the particle would drip, like a leaky faucet that holds dynamic abilities, so that when it hit the sink it would follow the mesh towards the drain or collect in a space until it could follow to lower areas  Would be great for rivers and rain, or flood simulations. Also would be cool if you could use the force object to make it rain at angles. So if you have a downpoor of rain particles it would follow the force, to give imagery of a strong wind.

Chaosophia ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2014 at 9:16 AM

Ok one more thing which would be awesome but I have no idea if plausable. Since Renderman is becoming more usable by the public in the near future, It would be cool if Poser could export to it for rendering. Tall order though. But definately a new interest of mine, since hearing it is producing a non commercial format, and is priced to where it is more obtainable for some.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2014 at 1:01 PM

yes, stefan wrote script for RIB export from poser.

Chaosophia ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2014 at 1:09 PM

I saw that but it's last update I believe was 2003 if I saw that correctly, and it didn't export the mats well from the limitations it gave on the site the plugin was posted at.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 05 June 2014 at 12:44 AM

is same problem with luxrender.  trying to export poser fresnel shader using alt_diffuse channel = non-inuitive.

jura11 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2014 at 6:10 PM

FBX import/export would love to have and V-RAY too will be awesome

Thanks,Jura

DarksealStudios ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2014 at 7:27 PM

I would like the (all) tools to work without bugs. Period.

When I draw out a bone and it is XYZ and I make it ZYX the parent still doesn't change it's knowledge of the child switching to ZYX... This is an annyoing bug that still has not been fixed.

Non-unimesh figures... Weight maps will at times double weight the edge vertices (sometimes quad weight). This beomes more extream the further away the inner and outer falloff zone spheres are.

Non-Unimesh figures... Making morphs with the poser morph tool... Morphs made on body parts, when split left and right, DO NOT act the same as the do on the body morph created. They are different. They also double weight on body edge verticies. This feature has been around for how long?? And it is still not fixed??!

There are more, I'm not trying to rant and rant.................... BUt making existing features that CONTENT Creators need would be a HUGE PLUS. Basically I'm asking for a version of Poser that works 99% of what is advertised bug free. Oh, and how about that happens on an existing version before the new one comes out?

Sure, there are a lot of features i would LOVE to see added...

Editing of XYZjoint/twist from INSIDE poser rather than needing to edit the CR2 file.

Changing the display of the actor (USEPARENT, OUTLINE, etc...) inside the software.

Release a new render engine and not continue to build off the old (2003)FireFly renderer. It's a bit long in the tooth, no?

Not trying to harp on the DEVs............... but this is getting a bit rediculous. I will be skipping the next release unless these things are done. (but I wouldn't really know unless I buy it, right?)

ps: Ashley9803.... Why you steal my avatar?

My Store   My Gallery    Contact

vholf ( ) posted Tue, 01 July 2014 at 3:57 PM · edited Tue, 01 July 2014 at 4:00 PM

I agree with the DarksealStudios, I would like to see improvement in the current tools instead of new stuff.

For instance, how come we have soft body dynamics while the hair room is the same since it first came out? We still don't have texture mask based hair or better styling tools.

On the other hand, the morph tool improvements are a great addition, I love that, keep making existing tools better.

What I would love is to have a GPU enabled preview window, that would make setting up a scene enjoyable, and allow us to keep shadows turned on during preview in larger scenes.

In any case, I'm very happy with Poser Pro 2014, best version so far.

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 10:22 AM

Quote - For instance, how come we have soft body dynamics while the hair room is the same since it first came out? We still don't have texture mask based hair or better styling tools.

What is texture mask-based hair?  I've never heard of that before.

Oh, how I yearn for approachable styling tools for the Hair Room!  Sigh.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

vholf ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 12:26 PM

Quote - What is texture mask-based hair?  I've never heard of that before.

Well I don't know if that's the technical name, what I mean is having a texture map, like a specular or bump map, for specifying where the hair grows, instead of doing it by polygon groups.

jura11 ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 6:17 PM

I would add too Instancing,which only helps in very large scenes and GPU acceleration of Preview(OpenCL or CUDA? ),FBX support too would be only awesome guys too

Thanks,Jura

MNArtist ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2014 at 9:47 AM

Quote - > Quote - What is texture mask-based hair?  I've never heard of that before.

Well I don't know if that's the technical name, what I mean is having a texture map, like a specular or bump map, for specifying where the hair grows, instead of doing it by polygon groups.

Agree with this whole-heartedly. I can't believe there haven't been improvements to the hair room. I use it to put feathers/fur on animals, and it's such a pain to have to set up the growth groups for each body area. At the very least, I'd love to be able to select multiple body parts to create a single growth group

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2014 at 7:44 PM

An easy way to weight map and subdivide old native characters all the way back to, and including, Posette, Dork, the kid, and the old animals.  (If this can already be done, n/m)

Quit making the preview go black when a texture is changed if the colors used are not all black - I cannot see what I am doing until I render.  If the texture is lumpy, for example, but apprears flat in preview, that's fine - just quit making the entire figure go black when I change Posette's poly-painted pants to chrome (or w/e) - I can't see what I am doing with her poly-painted shirt.  Using her "real" clothes often turns the clothing black and I cannot see what I am doing with details.  (All of this is probably code rant.)

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 2:54 AM

The ability to load in a second (3rd, 4th, etc) character previously created in Poser, that can be manipulated like the present one.

At this point, it would appear that the only way to get 2 or more characters (like people, not simple objects) in a scene is to start them both in the same scene, or import the other as an object which cannot be repositioned. The other option is combining images outside of Poser. When working with the same characters in multiple scenes, I could load another M4 and type in all his morph values in a fairly reasonable time, but would need to start the hair pretty much from scratch, which is the most time-consuming part of the process. And once hair is made a Prop, (I think) it can no longer be manipulated for a different pose.

If Poser has another alternative, I'd love to know it!

(Currently working in PP2012.)

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2014 at 5:42 AM

Just save the clothed and morphed figures to the library. 

Then in another scene you can load as many of those figures as you want

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2014 at 6:08 PM

I guess I don't know how to do this without making the character an immobile object.

I will start a new thread for this - catch ya there, I hope.

Thanks!

Jan19 ( ) posted Fri, 15 August 2014 at 11:06 AM

Hi,

Since Smith Micro has released a Game Dev version, could we please get support for pbr materials at some point?

Thank you!

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2014 at 6:01 PM

Quote - Hi,

Since Smith Micro has released a Game Dev version, could we please get support for pbr materials at some point?

Thank you!

I've been talking them up at work for awhile now but I don't know if they're something we have planned to support (and couldn't say if I did).

Jan19 ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2014 at 6:43 PM

Quote - > Quote - Hi,

Thank you!

I've been talking them up at work for awhile now but I don't know if they're something we have planned to support (and couldn't say if I did).

Well, good!  :-)

The "albedo, specular, gloss, and normal" setup works pretty well, with maps generated by programs like Quixel DDO.  The metalness is sort of a flop for me.

I've found that Poser is surprisingingly versatile, when it comes to materials though.  I really like the Ks-Microfacet node, for use with the above maps, although I've run into some material artists who do not like Ks_M.

The Glossy node is pretty nice, too.

Finally, finally -- making use of those Alt channels.  :-)

Thanks for the reply, Teyon.  (Spelled it right...right?)

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2014 at 8:44 PM

That you did. :)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 1:39 AM

Request a control element to modify all rotations of a body part at the same time. E.g. mouse wheel twist, mouse left right for side-side, mouse up-down for bend. Shift for symmetry. Plus some keys for up down the actor hierarchy as long as its a single actor.

Plus some Bend-Until-Collision

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2014 at 3:24 PM

Quote - Well, here goes my features requests or possible desires of Poser hoping to be fulfilled.

1. Hair particle system like blender. I have played around with this in Blender 2.7 and wow it is easier to style the hair than posers hair room. WAY easier, you don't have to select de select the hairs back and forth. It works more like a comb or brush. Plus it renders great. I would love to see this improvement in the hair room, Blender's UI for hair particles is quite intense but if the poser and blender settings met at a happy medium wiyhout it defeating the quality then it would gain more play in my renders.

That is about all I can think of that would blow my mind away. Just my 6 cents.

I'd be happy if you could get Poser scenes intact into Blender or Blender hair into Poser. 

Gator762 ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 7:28 AM

Quote - 3. maybe some kind of magnet technique to where if one obj collides into another the static obj deforms around the area using a subdivide on the area of effect to get it to kind of shrinkwrap in that area where the collision is taking place. For example, You have a framed portrait, you set the portrait group to target A which will deform in a shrinkwrapping way to say the hand of V4 which is set to target b so when the hand collides through the portrait the portrait obj has a dynamic effect shrinkwrapping to the hand, but the other areas of the portrait stay constrained until collided with by the other target. This would be great for portal effects as well, like say a stargate portal. I have tried this with dynamic cloth and it doesn't work to well even setting the settings to keep the shape, and with force objects. Maybe this can be done easily already but I have not found a way to do this without resculpting the models in other aps, or am too ignorant to get it properly done right.

This is one of my biggest annoyances and wish SM would improve.  Clothing is always a PITA. The loosen fit & tighten fit morphs are AWESOME and worth getting 2014 alone, but dinking around with that is still a big time sink.

I've purchased a lot of clothing, and haven't even used all of it, many used only once. :(

Gator762 ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 7:36 AM

Quote - A set of complete, ready to go, presets for the materials room. There ought to be standard shaders that would give decent results for things like water, rocks, asphalt, fur, glass, plastic, cloth of various descriptitons, etc. And there ought to be an easy way for users to save textures that they create into this library. In this way, I could enter the material settings that BB makes into the room ONCE and then, forever after, have it ready to call back into the shader tree.

I know enough about programming to know that if they are already saving all of this stuff when we save a PZ3, then it should be possible to save just that part of the data into a separate library!

You can save materials into your library from the material room, but I agree a bunch of built-in materials would go a long ways towards ease of use.  

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 11:27 AM

Quote - A set of complete, ready to go, presets for the materials room. There ought to be standard shaders that would give decent results for things like water, rocks, asphalt, fur, glass, plastic, cloth of various descriptitons, etc. And there ought to be an easy way for users to save textures that they create into this library. In this way, I could enter the material settings that BB makes into the room ONCE and then, forever after, have it ready to call back into the shader tree.

I know enough about programming to know that if they are already saving all of this stuff when we save a PZ3, then it should be possible to save just that part of the data into a separate library!

You can save materials into your library from the material room, but I agree a bunch of built-in materials would go a long ways towards ease of use.  

SnarlyGribbly's EZMat is well on the way to being just that - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2876212

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Sun, 16 November 2014 at 1:33 PM

Return support for RSR thumbnails since there is still a considerable amount of commercial content available that does not install PNG thumbnails. I know there are workarounds, but native support is better than having to run other programs.

Divorce Poser from Internet Explorer. I am not going to buy another version of Poser simply because Microsoft makes another inevitable change to their browser that is going to break Poser.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

radioham ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2014 at 1:48 PM

Hello everyone... my name is radioham.. not my real name but it's as good as any other name.....I have never had any thing bad to say about Poser  now run 2014 Pro... but as for some of the other 3D programs  they are a a right pain in the ((not the head))   radioham

Tucan-Tiki ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2014 at 1:26 AM

how about throwing in some z-brush like tools for sculpting so we don't have to keep exporting to z-brush every time we need to do a complex morph

radioham ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2014 at 4:33 AM

One thing I do like about Poser  is the fact that you can put a AV clip into the background  with out going in to another program  it@s good

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2014 at 5:06 PM
Forum Coordinator

Option to limit IK to specific degrees of freedom, say foot IK keeping foot on ground and not more than that, so allow X and Z translation and Y translation but lock Y translation and X and Z rotation.

Gives more natural response of foot.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2015 at 8:16 PM

Surface scattering in reflections

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2015 at 9:07 PM

I'd like a dedicated Selection Tool so that I don't have to keep using the hierarchy panel every time I want to avoid randomly translating an object whenever I select it in the viewport.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

piersyf ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2015 at 7:16 PM

I would like the cameras to rotate around whatever you select (one feature of Daz I actually like... TBH, the only feature of DS I like over Poser..). Select area (foot, finger, eye, table etc), click button, camera rotates around that selection.

I would like a script to remove reflection maps in one go (it may exist already, I don't know about it). It's a right PITA going through multiple material zones and manually changing from reflection map to IDL, especially with shoes.

While getting better, Poser's memory management still leaks, still does not clear the cache when you close a scene. Keep working on it guys!

Improve Firefly to remove/reduce artifacts when using IDL with mesh lighting.

The ability to select with a pointer in the pose room the same as you can in the materials room, rather than fishing for obscure 'hot spots' that may not be near the object from your camera angle (may be what moriador is saying).

There's a few other things, but this is all I can think of right now, so they can't be that bad. In general, Poser really does get better with each new version.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2015 at 10:13 PM
Site Admin

I would like the cameras to rotate around whatever you select (one feature of Daz I actually like... TBH, the only feature of DS I like over Poser..). Select area (foot, finger, eye, table etc), click button, camera rotates around that selection.

isn't that what the orbit selection tool does? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? file_1c9ac0159c94d8d0cbedc973445af2da.PN

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

piersyf ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2015 at 11:04 PM

I have tried orbit select before and never had much joy with it. To give a fair response to your query I had another go, and found that you are right (and in fact answers an earlier request for a left foot camera and right foot camera). What I had been doing was applying it to cameras in use, mostly dolly cameras. It doesn't work. I just used the main camera in a scene I happened to have open, selected a foot, clicked on 'frame object' and used orbit selection, and it worked. So you are correct, I was just never using the right camera. Cheers!

Glen ( ) posted Mon, 19 January 2015 at 3:37 PM

I'm not sure if it has been said before, as I haven't sat and read through the whole lot, but...

LIBRARY TAGGING!

If, like me, you have been using Poser for years and years, carting a secondary hard drive about with your runtime on it and adding to it constantly, you'll probably have accrued a hefty number of products. Some vendors are really good at naming their products differently in the runtime to anywhere else (for example: 'Glen's Morphing Sponge V2' might be listed as 'GMS2' in the library) and that can make it awkward to find what you're looking for. I've even had to scour my email, my store accounts and even Google, sometimes for nearly an hour, to find a product in my own runtime!

Tagging will allow vendors to add appropriate tags to their products, as well as users to add their own. There is also a common problem with vendors naming their products in less than descriptive ways. For example, I might call my morphing sponge 'G's Super Soaker-Upper'... that doesn't tell anyone anything! If I bought something with such a cryptic name a week or so ago in a sale and didn't get around to trying it out, all I'll remember is that it's a morphing sponge, but there is no reference to 'sponge' in the library and I don't remember the vendor!

Anyway, that's just my idea. Another little one would be to add the possibility of rendering areas in the background and adding a 'render in background' button up the top to save that extra click. ;)

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.