Fri, May 17, 6:59 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 5:43 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: FEEDBACK THREAD ONLY

Ippotamus ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 6:34 PM

It seems Renderosity has decided not to respond or regard this thread in any way.  Perhaps they will respond and regard the closed wallet instead.

So be it.

GeofiX ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 6:46 PM

If our pleas for a user friendly website are worth less in dollar value than the web-designers EGO - then forget making a profit in these hard times.

Money is tight enought without you making the process of spending it more difficult...

I've said enough - other people have said enough - it's up to you...

Are you listening at all?!

Mithoron ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 7:05 PM

I just spent an inordinate time looking for any new Aiko 6 characters.  Searching for A6 gets me Ship Elements A6: Medical Science...trying for "Aiko 6" gets me 199 hits of everything from Aiko 3 to V4 to anything EXCEPT A6.  I know there are a couple new characters for A6 here, but finding them is next to impossible.

Go to Daz3D, search for Aiko 6, narrow down to Characters...voila, found exactly what I needed in two minutes. 

Unfortunately it is the vendors who are getting screwed, as the shoppers just go to an easier site to find what they want...

REMOVING functionality is not an upgrade...so as others have said, looks like I'll ge shopping elsewhere until this FUBAR is resolved

esper8 ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 7:44 PM

Thanks for the link DocCis, I've just trawled through 900 pages of cr*p looking for that!

;)

Mithoron ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 8:36 PM

Quote - Thanks for the link DocCis, I've just trawled through 900 pages of cr*p looking for that!

;)

LOL, see, you should have been searching for Aiko!  Silly you...

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 02 July 2014 at 11:02 PM

I am so frustrated, I want to scream!! I cannot do a simple search for  Victoria 4 clothing for Poser only, much less narrow it down to a certain type of clothing. 

PLEASE make the search more intuitive!! PLEASE!

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 1:30 AM

Quote - Roll back the marketplace to it's previous useable state, admit that the job has been bungled.

Read, digest and act upon the points raised in Feniers' excellent post (page two of this thread.)

Follow the Golden Rule: Do not, under any circumstances, upset your customers!  And quite frankly, these "Improvements" have upset quite a few

Unfortunately not going to happen.

Renderosity seems utterly incabable of even conceiving of the idea of admitting they messed up, and are even less likely to return to the previous version that worked well enough.

It seems that with each "upgrade" (that being a very subjective term...) this site loses functionality. How long before we can only view Renderosity instead of use it?

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

pisaacs ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 5:42 AM

Having vender sorting on the wishlist was very useful!!

Wishlist layout spacing and buttons, oiii. Just confusing to look at; makes the potential buyer not to want to go through the process because of the negative visual feedback.

It would be nice if the people who design the marketplace did not think "change for change sake" was a good idea. I know you get paid for doing things rather than not, but at least test it with some real end users first.

Reaper99 ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2014 at 7:13 AM · edited Thu, 03 July 2014 at 7:14 AM

Ok i tried working with this but i can barely watch the market place because the thumbs are so big and if i zoom out to get an overview the text get's really bad and hard to read.

I can't make much sense of the search often since the narrowing down doesn't seem to bring consistent results.

Browsing is nearly impossible with the the non speaking categories and as said above I either have huge thumbs where going through Items is a slog or i can't read much of the text.

The wish list i can live with since mine doesn't tend to be big usually.

Tried it on Opere,Chrome and by having no other choice with IE8 at work heh.

I'm sorry to say but at this point i don't think i will spend more than the render rewards here this month.

As you can tell by my post count i tend to not post much but if find this marketplace business pretty aggravating.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 1:01 PM

Sigh..

I'm trying to find chain mail materials for poser that have leather behind them and it's just impossible.  Searching for 'Chain Mail Material' just brings up 3 options, 2 materials by Kobaltqueen, which do not have chain mail, sadly and then the Elven Fantasy Kini by Emma and Jordi.

If I search more broadly for 'materials' I get some material options, but then I would have to click in each one to find out what kinds of materials are in them, wasting time.  The 'drill down' options seem to be for figures and for the various versions of Poser, none of which really have much to do with my search.  Also, there's lots of clothing, props, etc that are mixed into the search results.

This is so frustrating!  I want to buy something, but I have no good way to even start!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 1:03 PM

Quote - Thanks for the link DocCis, I've just trawled through 900 pages of cr*p looking for that!

;)

I love your avatar.  I think we should all adopt a gumby icon until this madness goes away! 

I would post this in green like Sabby, but then you couldn't read it!  :)

LadyElf ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 10:43 PM

So far what I would like to see come back is the wishlist sort by vendor, not having that when you have a seriously large wishlist really henders deciding what to purchase when you finally get to :)

helgas ( ) posted Fri, 04 July 2014 at 11:21 PM

You can sort by vendor. It is back.

On top, where it says "Title" (in front of the Search) you see a little arrow. Click on it and you will find the sort by Vendor. - Unfortunately it is quite hidden and I discovered it by chance - just clicking around.

Hope this helps.

Moonglow ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 12:58 AM

Quote - If our pleas for a user friendly website are worth less in dollar value than the web-designers EGO - then forget making a profit in these hard times.
Are you listening at all?!

I agree. It's seems to be all about egos, and not just the web-designers. And in answer to your question... No one with power is listening, so don't bother asking.
As stated by others, if you have to search, do it with Google or else just waste time with this search engine.

LadyElf ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 2:06 AM · edited Sat, 05 July 2014 at 2:17 AM

Yes, you can SEARCH by vendor and have one vendor at a time come up which is nice if you are wanting to see just that one vendor, but you can no longer have the list put everything in order by all of the vendors, which is what I was speaking to.

But if there is a way I can put everything in Vendor order, I haven't found it yet :)  Maybe I haven't walked around it long enough LOL!!

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 2:19 AM · edited Sat, 05 July 2014 at 2:22 AM

Why is the 'Sort By' filter disabled for the sort of searches I want to do?

Regarding the much-vaunted new marketplace search - try to find a particular type of item in the marketplace within a specific price range. It goes well to start with - e.g. using the filter on the the left I can hone it down to 3D Models > Architecture > Buildings. 38 pages of items in a random order.

That part of the marketplace search I like. So now to sort by price...

Errr...  why is the 'Sort By' filter disabled? Why does the 'Sort By' filter only become active after selecting Featured, Prime, Exclusive, Sale, or Clearance from the 'Filter By' filter? (New, Hot, and Ranking don't enable the 'Sort By')

Cheers, Pete

P.S. I do like the left hand nested search, and the keyword/vendor search. It's just that with a very limited budget price is the major factor!

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2014 at 10:18 AM

Since 'Clearance' Items Are Going To Be Removed From The Store, Can't You Give An Indication Of The Date That They'll Be Cleared ?

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2014 at 10:07 AM

Is there any way that an "Expand All" option could be added to Gifts >> Gifts Recieved so we could see everything all at once again?  Sometimes "Find" in the browser is the only way to find certain things when one can't remember the proper product name and it was a lot easier to use "Ctrl + F" to "Find" when this one long list. 

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 12:23 PM

I agree...they put this here just to have some place for us to VENT... but have no regard for how we ARE FEELING...

CLOSED WALLET IS THE WAY TO GO! I AM NOT...REPEAT NOT renewing my Prime membership and I am also doing my best to BREAK my habit of buying here... sadly new customers who don't know how good it was are probably spending anyway so not sure we have any say... I even mentioned how straight forward and easy to use HiveWire is! I haev spent more this month at Hive than here... so my dollars are leaving... (but for the Hair Fits here for Dawn, that I truly need for the new direction I am going in)...

Perhaps a NEW thread on this (above?) I have always been a rebel rouser, ie: spoken my mind...as I used to feel my $100-$200 a month MEANT something... but it just does not seem to matter to the "suits"!??!

My  plea was if NOTHING else, to change the FONT COLORS for price...and oh ya, the fact that it is a SALE price no longer shows up in my wish list! and you all are RIGHT-

THE SEARCH ENGINE IS BROKEN AGAIN!! AT FIRST IT SEEMED TO IMPROVE BUT SUDDENLY IT JUST DOES NOT WORK ANY BETTER, AND IN MANY WAYS, WORSE!

I guess they really don't want our money.....

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

tiggersprings ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 12:39 PM

I really miss being able to sort products by figure they're related to... I know that feature has more or less been gone for a long time, but... Especially with the search engine giving wonky results, it saved me time.

I miss at least the categories for archeticture, toons, ect from the more recent past. Escecially within the vendors' individual stores. I was trying decide what i wanted from a few of the "Showcase" aale artists' stores and wanted to throw the monitor out the window after not too long.

And my wishlist seems to refuse to let me sort by vendor the last few days. 

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2014 at 9:14 PM

I can't find anything in the new store layout. I don't want to have to search for things. It should be an option, not a requirement. If I am buying something in a store I go to the department that I want to something from, then I go to the row. This should have a similar capability.

The wishlist is not good since it lost the capability to sort.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2014 at 8:55 AM

Quote - I can't find anything in the new store layout. I don't want to have to search for things. It should be an option, not a requirement. If I am buying something in a store I go to the department that I want to something from, then I go to the row. This should have a similar capability.

I couldn't agree more.  You said what I was trying to say way more elegantly. 

Cimaira ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2014 at 9:41 AM

Quote - I can't find anything in the new store layout. I don't want to have to search for things. It should be an option, not a requirement. If I am buying something in a store I go to the department that I want to something from, then I go to the row. This should have a similar capability.

Amen!

I know hate is a strong word, but I seriously hate the way the Marketplace works now. That makes me sad, because most of my 3D spending was here :(  Oh well, on the bright side, no more impulse buying, I'll save money.

Cimaira ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 10:59 AM

Well, I don't know if I killed the thread or if people just got tired of giving feedback with no response??

But I'm going to give some more feed back anyway, lol.

On the product pages there is a gallery that shows images where the product has been credited, it used to be a nice tidy place, with titles, software type and artists names, now it is a jumble of different size images with no information at all!

For me this is another thing I don't care for. I liked knowing at least the artist name and the software that produced the image.

Is there anyone in the Renderosity admin that is listening to these complaints? Or are all these complaints just falling into a black hole?

Mithoron ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 11:27 AM

Quote - Well, I don't know if I killed the thread or if people just got tired of giving feedback with no response??

Is there anyone in the Renderosity admin that is listening to these complaints? Or are all these complaints just falling into a black hole?

I've pretty much thrown in the towel that there will be no response.  I definitely have spent more this month over at RDNA and Daz than usual...so hopefully in a few months they realize their income has dropped and they decide it may be best to make another "upgrade"   :/

DavidGB ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 11:52 AM

Well, as I said in my first post in this thread, it's been my observation that website designers and the executives who hired them and approved their designs never, ever admit they were wrong. It would mean admitting and taking responsibility for a considerable waste of time and money.

The absolute killer issue for me remains only being able to see two items at a time in the marketplace (and freestuff), and all the scrolling therefore required. Other things irritate and annoy me, but that is THE issue for me. Given that the new horrendously oversized layout on the store pages is something actually listed and crowed about as an 'improvement', I haven't been expecting it to disappear (which would be an admission of a bad choice), but I've nevertheless been hoping - a triumph of hope over experience, I know - that they might quietly add a user display option that would get back to showing 6 or 8 items at a time in the space currently taken up by two if the user so chose.

Nothing so far, and my sense of hope is fading. What is NOT fading is my response to the current state of the site. I have not bought anything since the site change, and I will not buy anything until/unless the store starts showing me (with the selection of an appropriate choice if necessary - I don't mine defaults I can't stand being the defaults as long as I can choose otherwise) at least 6 items at a time (the new RuntimeDNA manages 8). And if that means I never buy anything here ever again, so be it.

And no, Renderosity - subjecting me to a veritable tsunami of multiple emails PER DAY every day of offers etc since the site change is not going to change anything except getting me sufficiently irritated I'll be unsubscribing from all the emails soon if this goes on.

pisaacs ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2014 at 1:36 PM

Well, I have to agree that RDNA certainly did a better job with their redesign and likewise, I won't be buying much from Renderocity in the future because of the now extra effort to go through things in order to make a buying decision.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 10:45 AM

Please restore the ability to sort wishlist from lowest-highest price. 

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 11:33 AM

RDNA's store looks very nice now.  I thought it was already very nice, but I love how contained it is.  It doesn't spread out over the whole page like Rendo's design.  It's organized looking.  The thumbnails while a bit bigger aren't huge and I can still see quite a few items at a time rather than scrolling forver. 

This place has become very depressing to me, lately.  I wish they actually took our feelings into consideration.  I have spent $0 this month, am on the fence about my prime membership.  

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 11:39 AM

My prime membership expires in the next few days. Since Renderosity did not even bother to respond to either the feedback in this thread nor to the PM I sent to TinaK, I am not going to renew it. I just spent my render rewards and will limit my purchases from now on to a few of my favorite merchants. No more browsing through the store, so no more new items from others.

Mithoron ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 11:45 AM

Quote - Please restore the ability to sort wishlist from lowest-highest price. 

That is already there...go to the top filter option and click the Up/Down arrows...

GeofiX ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 2:38 PM

Quote - My prime membership expires in the next few days. Since Renderosity did not even bother to respond to either the feedback in this thread nor to the PM I sent to TinaK, I am not going to renew it. I just spent my render rewards and will limit my purchases from now on to a few of my favorite merchants. No more browsing through the store, so no more new items from others.

We'd get a better response if we just PM'd our favourite merchents and told them why we were not buying as much as usual.

(If anything)

helgas ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 3:53 PM · edited Mon, 14 July 2014 at 3:54 PM

I did just that and it was one of the top merchants. She was not concerned at all. We should be patient and give Renderosity time to get it right. - Maybe it will take the merchants a little longer to catch on to the fact that many of their customers are getting tired of waiting for Renderosity to sort out this unprecedented mess.

Will they get it right? How long will it take? There is no communication at all. I wonder if the rest of the merchants are as confident as the one I contacted.

I renewed my PM but that was it. I am no longer browsing the store. Outside of two PM products I have bought nothing.

quote:

We'd get a better response if we just PM'd our favourite merchents and told them why we were not buying as much as usual.

(If anything)

GeofiX ( ) posted Mon, 14 July 2014 at 6:48 PM

Quote - I did just that and it was one of the top merchants. She was not concerned at all.

I seriously doubt many of the merchants will take such a blase atitude if we try them...

But enough, I've been spending at other sites recently. Ones that cater to the visually impaired.

tiggersprings ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 10:17 AM

Quote - > Quote - Please restore the ability to sort wishlist from lowest-highest price. 

That is already there...go to the top filter option and click the Up/Down arrows...

That's not working for me in Firefox. I also tried Chrome. 

Mithoron ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 12:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Please restore the ability to sort wishlist from lowest-highest price. 

Odd, I'm using Firefox 30.0 and it's working fine...make sure NoScript isn't blocking the scripting function for the dropdown...

tiggersprings ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2014 at 2:31 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Please restore the ability to sort wishlist from lowest-highest price. 

Odd, I'm using Firefox 30.0 and it's working fine...make sure NoScript isn't blocking the scripting function for the dropdown...

I'm using the same version, but without NoScript installed.  So I'm not sure what's causing it to not work. 

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 16 July 2014 at 3:02 PM · edited Wed, 16 July 2014 at 3:15 PM

After some time here is more feedback. None of it positive.

As of June 26th I have not made any purchases from this store, I am still not planning to. Even if I were I would not be able to. The store is broken.

The layout still looks unbalanced and terrible

The site is a literal eye sore

The Readme files still do not work

Now several of the product promo images do not work

Several of the items that were hard to read are still hard to read

Items still open in a new tab and the site has not provided any means of changing it. Third party application not included in this.

The site search still sucks.

Just to show how much of a waste this thread has been, none of the user recommendations have been taken into account and none of the issues have been fixed

I wish I could complain to some one but on one on this site cares, not even the vendors.

I have started asking vendors if I can purchase directly from them.

I will not spend a single dime of money on this store, not even on sale items.

IceEmpress ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2014 at 2:22 AM · edited Fri, 18 July 2014 at 2:28 AM

file_505842.jpg

I actually will still purchase items, but ONLY rarely, and my wishlist is a shadow of its former self.

The only thing I've bought since then is a single product from Poisen which was 50% off, and it was for 6 bucks.

I have no idea WHY in the world the webmaster wants dark red, skinny sale font, instead of the golden yellow, like "Smilies" right above the reply window here.  THAT would be absolutely perfect-- not too bright, not too dark, not too unsaturated.  I wish Tina would recommend that to the webmaster, and be able to convince him.  The other option would be to keep the color but put the "Sale" font in bold, and make the font a little bit bigger.

That red, BTW, is even worse for colorblind folks getting something as a gift (I doubt many colorblind people make full-color art) Though I know such customers are an extreme rarity-- however, customers with vision problems have also complained about this.

At least on RDNA, I can fix the size problem with a Firefox script.  Even if I did that here, there would still be only two products per row.

BTW, Tina, I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but the categories menu that's supposed to be on the left side of the page is at the top for me, even at full screen (again, Firefox 30, resolution 1024 by 780 or something like that)

Here is a screenshot, please note that it is actually two screenshots spliced together at full-screen.  I think someone else in this thread mentioned this problem, but I'm not sure.  I don't have any faith that any of this will get fixed, however.  I'm sure this post will be ignored anyhow, even if by chance this thread isn't being completely ignored.

I think this system you guys have is simply too complicated to be user-friendly.  People expect drop-down menus of the catefories and characters they want, just like you used to have, similar to what RDNA has, and even similar to what DAZ3D, TurboSquid, and Content Paradise has (that doesn't actually work in the lattermost's case)

I honestly don't know why you guys think this essentials setup was a good idea, esp. when so many people are complaining about it.

It seems at this point that the categories that we have now is what the Rendo staff intended, but you'll note that practically everyone who has commented here or on the announcement page considers this to be a bug.

Please listen to, and please, please try to convince the webmaster to listen to the customers's complaints and requests.  The current (and clearly intentional) limited categories requiring a "search for what you want" setup is making the customers unhappy.  In addition, I have yet to see a single customer who is happy with the sale font color.  You really need to convince the webmaster to change it to a golden yellow. 

These appear to be the two principal non-bug complaints that the majority of customers posting have voiced.

bobsil ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2014 at 9:37 AM

marketplace is still not easy to use!

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 11:58 AM

To quote Ice Princess:

have no idea WHY in the world the webmaster wants dark red, skinny sale font, instead of the golden yellow, like "Smilies" right above the reply window here.  THAT would be absolutely perfect-- not too bright, not too dark, not too unsaturated.  I wish Tina would recommend that to the webmaster, and be able to convince him.  The other option would be to keep the color but put the "Sale" font in bold, and make the font a little bit bigger.

That red, BTW, is even worse for colorblind folks getting something as a gift (I doubt many colorblind people make full-color art) Though I know such customers are an extreme rarity-- however, customers with vision problems have also complained about this.

I AGREE!!!!!!!!  And I can see something EASY TO CHANGE is being TOTALLY IGNORED... and I too am "speaking with my wallet"... ie: NOT re-newing my Prime NOR shopping much here anymore... As was said:  RDNA is really nice...AND HiveWire 3d has fantastic HIGH END products!  I will keep up my Freebie thread here because it has a following, and my gallery is very special to me, here... so I hope THE SUITS keep the forums and galleries going... But this is just NOT HOME ANYMORE!!!   :(

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Sun, 20 July 2014 at 10:19 PM

I wish I could continue to support the vendors without supporting the site. I have never been so hesitant to make a purchase from anywhere in my entire life. There are a couple of items in the store that I really want to get, but not from here. I swear, if the marketplace continues to go this route, it’s going get to the point where they are going to have to put banners up for software available on other sites just to get by. Click this banner to buy Octane, click this banner to buy Vue, click on this banner to go to a better store. I highly doubt anyone is venturing past the first few pages of the store. Ironman13 is one of the vendors I have purchased the most items from. She currently has a 30% off sale and a bunch of fantastic items that I would really like to get. Guess what. I am not going to. My financial situation is not as good as it once was. I rather give my money to a store that better appreciates. This site has made it evident and clear that they do not want my money. It got the point after the last batch of updates that one of the store heads told me that if I wanted to cancel my membership, I could. No one should ever say that to a customer, especially one that has been a member more than six years. I continued to buy from here but only sale items. That will no longer be the case. Had the service in this site been better I would probably be a prime member. I am a platinum member over at Daz and when things get better I will become a, I guess you can call it a platinum plus member of the new beta plan they are offering.   

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Mon, 21 July 2014 at 9:39 PM · edited Mon, 21 July 2014 at 9:40 PM

I don't mean to double post. I honestly don't know why I keep torturing my self by visiting the marketplace and complaining about this site.

This site ones felt like a home and now it feels like its been trashed and I want to be as far away from it as possible. I don't even want to visit it anymore. If I did not have to come back here and download updates to my products or look something up, I would not bother with this site or the people running it anymore. Its just not worth it. I have honestly just given up on it.

3dstories ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 9:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 July 2014 at 9:17 AM

**Website still marginally usable for me. **

** Potential Suggestion For others:**

In firefox 30 , I was told to go to the top right bar, which has symols like star, menu box, down arrow, house and then three horizontal bars that look like a square. Click on that (the three bars that form a square) and choose viewing of about 80% with the magnifiying glass. This trades itty bitty type for the ability to see more of the website at the same time. I togggle back and forth between the two.

On the whole, everything takes a lot more time to accomplish. I'm writing now because I found a new glitch; a new time waster.

A NEW GLITCH IN THE SHOPPING CART: Click Delete, Pop-Up, Click, 10 seconds Spinning Ball; Click Delete, Pop-up, Click, 10 seconds Spinning Ball....

I was going through the sales as best I can and putting items into my shopping cart that I might be interested in, not that I certainly would buy. Now, with the idea of purchase, I've been going through taking items out till I get to what I'm willing to buy.

It's taking forever. In the past I would go down the list and click through 4-6 items at a time to delete from the cart and they would all go out.

For each and every gosh-darn item I get now a pop-up that stops me cold and locks my system until I confirm delete. After the pop-up comes the spinning ball for about 10-15 seconds as it decides whether to honor my delete request (the spinning ball always used to happen, but I could postpone it in the past by clicking 4-6 items so they would go at once). Then for the next delete the whole process repeats. Click Delete, Pop-Up, Click, Spinning ball. At being able to delete four or five items per minute, guess how long it takes to manage this one task on a cart with 50 or more potential items in it?

Making time management by adding more clicks slows my purchase guys. I am no less likely to delete items, but I am more likely to put less into the cart on speculation.

It is taking too long to shop here. Things are very hard to see and the purchase management process is becoming slower and slower.

I am beginning to feel like I am Rodney Dangerfield to you all.  I get no respect for my time.

DavidGB ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 10:23 AM

It really galls me that on the marletplace index page they manage to have two and a half rows of FOUR products per row visible at a time in the browser window I use, but just this stupid one row of TWO products on the actual marletplace and freestuff pages - and even worse, in search results it alternates one row of two products with one row of just one product.

Not acceptable for me; not usable for me. i'm disabled and scrolling HURTS. Here, now, too much scrolling that causes far more pain and for far longer too.

The barrage of emails from Renderosity since the store change continues - all a complete waste for me. Have not bought anything. Will not clear any of my wishlist that's on sale at the moment. Will not buy anything.

And the weay Renderosity is ignoring this thread and failing to engage with any of the issues is simply completely disrespectful and an insult to many of its customers. Ten years, I've been buying here. No more unless there's some action, which I really no longer have any hope is going to happen.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 6:42 PM

Just a note that we are spending the next few days compiling all the suggestions/feedback so we can start addressing these. We are not ignorning at all but we had to get all the real bug issues worked out first and this took longer than intended due to some unforeseen circumstances but wanted to pop in here and let you all know that we hear you and we will be going over all the feedback now that the major bugs are out of the way

We apologize for the delay but as we've always tried to do in the past, we will take into consideration all feedback and do what we can to make all happy!!

Stacey

IceEmpress ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 8:23 PM · edited Tue, 22 July 2014 at 8:25 PM

Just a note that we are spending the next few days compiling all the suggestions/feedback so we can start addressing these. We are not ignorning at all but we had to get all the real bug issues worked out first and this took longer than intended due to some unforeseen circumstances but wanted to pop in here and let you all know that we hear you and we will be going over all the feedback now that the major bugs are out of the way
If you don't want it to look like you are ignoring people, then you need to respond to at least a few of the posts in this and the bug threads.  Also, some people have been reporting that none of the staff is responding to their questions in email or PM, either.  AT the very least, you could respond to people in the bug forum.  The complete halt for over a week of responses from the Rendo staff in those two threads seriously makes it look like they've been abandoned by the staff.
Also, where are Tina and Kim?  That makes things look bad as well, just FYI.  They can't possibly ALL be on vacation...   I've only noticed you in the Customer Support threads in the past few days, and that one guy today.  

We apologize for the delay but as we've always tried to do in the past, we will take into consideration all feedback and do what we can to make all happy!!
You'll have to forgive us if we still have serious doubts.  We were told by Tina a couple weeks ago that the font color (very simple to do!) would not be fixed because the webmaster wants this particular shade of red and refuses to change it, and that is despite that absolutely nobody has voiced support for the color-- not here, and not on the announcement page.  The site layout aside, that particular refusal by the admin alone makes the staff here look VERY unwilling to take any feedback into consideration (though in my case, I know it's the webmaster, and not the forum admins that are responsible for that)
I hope you will respond tomorrow or the day after that to this paragraph, BTW.  It's a major sticking point for me, personally, and I think I've whined about it more than anyone else.

GeofiX ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2014 at 11:14 PM

StacyG.

For a site that's having to fix so many bugs, I cannot help but notice the massive sale you've just started...

And it only takes five minutes to say "We're Listening"

Therefore forgive me if I sound more than a bit P-peeved!

Change the colors...

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 9:14 AM · edited Wed, 23 July 2014 at 9:21 AM

I have not been happy with this site for a very long time. I have had the same complains as other people and nothing has gotten fixed, its only gotten worse.

End result so far is the same as it has been for a while now.

The customer has had to adjust and adapt to a system they don't like, or move on to another site. Many people have. Some of the best Renderosity customers, artist and vendors have moved on.

There is no adjusting or adapting to the new marketplace for me this time around. The site is currently the worst it has ever been and is one of the worst online. Before they started messing around with things that they did not have to, it was one of the best.

I am not a wealthy person nor a professional 3d artist. This is just a hobby for me. The money I spend here is not a lot. I cannot afford to spend 100/200 dollars a month even though there have been times, that I have. There are many customers who are in the same position as I am and many who are in a worse situation due to disabilities and other things. Every customer should be treated equally. Renderosity has never made me feel like a valued customer.

The vendors have been fantastic but the site management is terrible. The render rewards program, for me has never been palatable. Too little pay off, for too much money. The Prime Membership also not palatable. The new marketplace is a  completely mess. Totally unusable. I have problems with my vision and when I say the new site is an eyesore it is literal. In order to fully describe the site I would have to borrow some military terms, Charlie Foxtrot, SNAFU, FUBAR.   

It would have been better to shut the site down for a few days, Get everything fixed than having your customer base stumble around the site blind and having to deal with all the bugs and problems.

3dstories ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2014 at 9:57 AM

Thank you Stacey for your response. I recognize that Renderoisty cannot satisfy everybody, but I really do hope some of these issues change. I assume that the company is monitoring things like 'artists online' , the time spent on line, and ultimately purchases made, with thei idea that if these numbers grow the change is basically good, and if they shrink, then it probably was not good.

For making purchases I would like to be able to delete as many items as I don't want at a given time with perhaps one pop-up that says, 'confirm delete of these items.'  Also, ideally, I would like a second temporary wishlist cart that I could put things into while a given sale is on. A 'temporary cart' if you will. Then transfer things over to my final cart with the idea that if I get more money or change my mind on some things I could go back to my temporary cart for a bit.

Size and basic readability and navigation is till a big thing for me. I'm not too concerned about style.

Thank you.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.