Sun, May 12, 11:37 PM CDT

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, CreatorJacqueline

(Last Updated: 2024 May 12 3:41 am)

Subject: Dynamic Clothes WIPs for La Femme 2

odf ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2024 at 2:10 AM ยท edited Mon, 08 January 2024 at 2:10 AM
Online Now!

Oh, and I wanted to say thanks for the awesome new boots. I don't know how to make shoes, so finding nice ones is always exciting, and these seem to go really well with many of the clothes I've made. In fact, she seems to like them so much, she rarely takes them off. 😁

AI20vsuOSZyyQXfseIPa0BAvSPamuYIEQ8rQ4YxL.jpg

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2024 at 7:19 AM

Hehe it's my pleasure! On the Blender conversion stuff, there's also a pair of rubber boots I intend to convert soon~~

- - - - - -ย 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2024 at 12:04 AM
odf posted at 9:50 PM Sun, 7 January 2024 - #4480172

Speaking of slippery slopes... 😁

uyaMqtTwHEYkWgxtdEaUKwaKbXVgP1tAIXmqvx1M.jpg

The extra fabric here is actually counter-productive when the aim is to make stockings and tights and such. But it does make for a cute onesie that I can pull out whenever someone complains that my figures show too much skin.

OMG, I LOVE this!!!

odf ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 6:00 PM ยท edited Wed, 17 January 2024 at 6:01 PM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here are the latest versions of the skirt and bodysuit together. The skirt has a new straight waistband that I like much better than the original one, and I've done a bit of shaping on the upper part of the bodysuit so that it looks better when fully visible. I'm not forgetting about the onesie, but that will have to be a separate project.

Still going back and forth about whether to make the bodysuit/tights/stockings a part of the "cozy" outfit or publish it separately.

EAv3uU6CaYJcHJVC010SSMnbNMMQnWMh9uKNzvy7.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 6:38 PM

So far, wonderful outfits.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 3:36 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 January 2024 at 3:39 PM
Online Now!

I started to work on a proper sweater that's not just a shirt with a knit pattern tacked on. Boots by elleque.

EijriOzUiI13vosh76wFJUzVE4IdUWfGOXuoCmeG.jpg

odf ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2024 at 12:45 AM ยท edited Tue, 23 January 2024 at 12:45 AM
Online Now!

Here I've added a reworked beanie and scarf, and a first take at some fingerless mittens. The sweater and mittens still need some detail work, but the rest might be good to go. The ear hoop is by Afrodite-Ohki, the boots as mentioned before, by elleque.

OXrrD1Eg3Eu098UNcOY03SVmlPL8i9CfwY3bclGS.jpg

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2024 at 7:31 AM

That's looking SO GOOD~~

- - - - - -ย 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

midinick ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2024 at 7:42 AM

maybe a dumb question.. but can I use dynamic LF2 outfits (like from odf) on LF1 too? XD I just started to fall in love with LF1 .. the bookworm outfit ... uuuuuuh so nice an stockings.. OMG .. STOCKINGS!

jroulin ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2024 at 10:38 AM

Well for Dynamic clothing it should be not to difficult for LaFemme2 to LaFemme. Simply load LaFemme2 and the clothing you want to port over to LaFemme. In frame 30 set the Morph Tool_LaFemmeShape at 1 that you can find in the Tools. I do not remember if this tool is available only for LaFemme2 Pro or if they are already in the base LaFemme2.

hoPFwF7sdAX9oVTyrASqN7jUsFeAkFEh2p0xtc9S.jpg

Set up a simulation and simulate. Go to frame 30 and export the clothing to a new obj file. Make sure to select only the clothing and not LaFemme2.

Delete the figure and clothing in the scene and now load LaFemme. Import your saved obj that should match now LaFemme. Note that like normal clothing if you want to wear a cloth that is fitting a child and you are an adult it will be to small for you and it will be exactly the same for your 3D figures.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 12:41 AM ยท edited Tue, 30 January 2024 at 12:43 AM
Online Now!

To whom it may concern, I have decided to publish the bodysuit/tights/stocking thingy as its own item with seven materials in various length presets. For the latter, I currently I have "bodysuit" (maximal length, up to the neck), "tights" (up to just below the waist), "thigh-highs" (up to just below the butt cheeks) and "over-knees" (bottom of cuff just above the knees). The top and bottom end of the visible region can be manipulated in the material room, so there are endless possibilities, but I'd like to have presets for the most commonly desired ones. Do you think my four variants cover that more or less, or are there others I definitely need to add? Leg warmers? Footless/toeless tights? Cycling suit? 😁

Here's a sneak peek of what I call "Bodysuit-OpaqueBlack" (glasses and choker not included):

LlCkMIqrDqQ3SJjkWNsvgQJJI0s1iOFrHLGe9N4h.jpg

SIGASIGA ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 1:37 AM

bhVdiOrf9MhpckX6zof92iQW7dzUbW812CNQtXxt.jpg

leg height suggestions

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 2:10 AM

Since you have the whole body modelled, I'd suggest that you also do a pantyhose, stopping at the waist.ย 

odf ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 2:20 AM ยท edited Tue, 30 January 2024 at 2:20 AM
Online Now!

Thanks for the handy chart, SIGASIGA! I was vaguely aware of the naming but hadn't seen it summarized so nicely before.

Let me use this to explain why so far, I haven't considered going below the knees: I've already made knee high and low-cut socks for her as separate items (in the bookworm and adventurer sets), invisible does not work with this system, and with extra low cut, quarter and mid-calf, I'm not sure how often they would be used. It's really easy to fine-tune the length in the material room, so the presets are just a convenience for what I expect to be the most popular cuts and not meant to cover all possibilities.

If I add more lengths, one option would be to do either knee-high or mid-calf plus one of quarter, low-cut and extra low-cut. So, I don't know, have a vote? 😁

odf ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2024 at 2:22 AM ยท edited Tue, 30 January 2024 at 2:24 AM
Online Now!

LapinDeFer posted at 2:10 AM Tue, 30 January 2024 - #4480889

Since you have the whole body modelled, I'd suggest that you also do a pantyhose, stopping at the waist.ย 

I do, and I'm calling that tights, as I think the British do. I don't like the word pantyhose, it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

ETA: Here's the evidence

b8Du1tw3vlmKrNU5L0w2GFxJRqxl9mjsUcNiI8b5.jpg

midinick ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 1:51 AM
jroulin posted at 10:38 AM Sun, 28 January 2024 - #4480825

Well for Dynamic clothing it should be not to difficult for LaFemme2 to LaFemme. Simply load LaFemme2 and the clothing you want to port over to LaFemme. In frame 30 set the Morph Tool_LaFemmeShape at 1 that you can find in the Tools. I do not remember if this tool is available only for LaFemme2 Pro or if they are already in the base LaFemme2.

hoPFwF7sdAX9oVTyrASqN7jUsFeAkFEh2p0xtc9S.jpg

Set up a simulation and simulate. Go to frame 30 and export the clothing to a new obj file. Make sure to select only the clothing and not LaFemme2.

Delete the figure and clothing in the scene and now load LaFemme. Import your saved obj that should match now LaFemme. Note that like normal clothing if you want to wear a cloth that is fitting a child and you are an adult it will be to small for you and it will be exactly the same for your 3D figures.

Thank you very much for your help. I will try out. At the moment my P11 is without LF2 but I will have a look. I think the tool should be available for LF2lite too.. as I read the infos on posersoftware.com.. if I didn't misunderstood it trough the language barrier.ย 

thank you so much for your help. ๐Ÿ˜Š

midinick ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 1:56 AM
odf posted at 12:41 AM Tue, 30 January 2024 - #4480887

...ย 

Do you think my four variants cover that more or less, or are there others I definitely need to add? Leg warmers? Footless/toeless tights? Cycling suit?

ย 😁

Leg warmers would be so cool! They also look great over boots ๐Ÿคญ

I really love your work ๐Ÿ˜ Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Š

odf ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 9:56 PM
Online Now!

Some examples of things other than tights and stockings/socks that can be created from the bodysuit. I might go and make an "Examples" folder in the material library with just one preset for each of these cuts, so folks can look up the numbers.

YI8263gC3snoOHBUsXGyWe1jAEPkKD1Lu2kLwvJ4.jpg

odf ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2024 at 11:35 PM ยท edited Wed, 31 January 2024 at 11:36 PM
Online Now!

Also, it turns out that the bodysuit simulates quite decently on top of the bikini if I lower the collision depth to 0.3, which means I can show off the more transparent materials at full length with no need for the nudity flag.

PutUZCtQAKz3XVXUqdTUQ88C7Mbp9BGbBwf8qJ2a.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2024 at 8:24 AM

As usual you did a great work on this set. I really like it. :-)

odf ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 3:38 PM
Online Now!

Okay, the bodysuit got approved quickly and is now available in FreeStuff. Hope it'll be useful to someone.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2024 at 7:06 PM
Online Now!

Iโ€™m actually wondering if for the next garment I start, I should save more of the individual stages, so I can do a retrospective of its evolution when itโ€™s done.

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 8:55 AM

A free sim script for the Bodysuit is waiting for aproval.ย 

The idea of doing a retrospective is a very good one. It will alow to see the dificulties you can get into when making dynamic cloths.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2024 at 5:56 PM
Online Now!

odf ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2024 at 7:46 PM ยท edited Sun, 18 February 2024 at 7:46 PM
Online Now!

Here's the latest on the cozy outfit (boots, tights, glasses and earrings not included) after some improvements on the beanie, scarf and mittens. Still a tweak or three to try out, but I think this is getting close to publishable. I wonder if I should release the beanie separately, though, seeing as it's not meant to be dynamic (could be confusing otherwise, I don't know). Also, would folks be extremely keen on full hand-sock style mittens in addition to these fingerless ones?ย WwzeB4ds83O1NtVkbgUSoGlSYK87V13SWYiasotd.jpg

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 1:32 AM ยท edited Mon, 19 February 2024 at 1:34 AM
Online Now!

Hmm, one of those tweaks I mentioned turned interesting (if you're weird in a similar way to me, otherwise probably not). Let's play a game of spot the difference. What did I change between the previous render and this one? I made two changes, one that should be relatively easy to spot, and one you'll never guess.ย gbDdmloWll2xYnU2bExcCMhOem2HWXzT9fyHNX9B.jpg

(Hint: look at her wrists and shoulders.)

SIGASIGA ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 8:06 AM

There are 2 figurines on the previous rendering and only one on the 2nd rendering !!! :o)

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 8:34 AM

sleeves are fuller & maybe collision set closer?ย  looks great both ways.ย  ย scarf ends are much better now.

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11, ย Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!ย  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

ย My Freebies

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 10:10 AM

Okay, time for Spring gear!

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 4:37 PM
Online Now!
SIGASIGA posted at 8:06 AM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481769

There are 2 figurines on the previous rendering and only one on the 2nd rendering !!! :o)

Got it in one! :-D

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 4:55 PM
Online Now!

jancory posted at 8:34 AM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481770

sleeves are fuller & maybe collision set closer?ย  looks great both ways.ย  ย scarf ends are much better now.

Yep, in the first picture the collision offset for the sweater was 1.0, in the second one it's 0.3. I didn't change the sleeves, so the fact that they appear fuller was a bit surprising to me.

Anyway, I generally hate clothes hovering over the skin, so I tend to make my collision offsets as small as I can get away with. In case of layered clothes, that does not usually work so well. Sometimes one can collide with the item of clothing underneath as well as the figure and use a moderate offset on both. But here I have pretty aggressive hemming on both the skirt's and the sweater's waist bands to make them look nice. This makes them stick to each other lice Velcro, and the sweater is no longer moving freely on top of the skirt. Depending on the pose that can look more or less okay or really bad. So, I only collide the sweater with the figure, not the skirt, and use a higher offset to make it lie on top of the skirt. That's what you see in the top picture.

Now, since AFAIK I can't use different offsets on different parts of the figure, I used a little trick for the bottom picture. I made a simple invisible girdle for LF2 that's sitting under her clothes and very close to her skin. Now I can collide with the figure at offset 0.3 and with the girdle at offset 0.7 to get the sweater on top of the skirt without the hovering sleeve effect at the wrists or the 1980s shoulder pads.

I was wondering about including the girdle in the outfit set, but I'm assuming folks who are as nitpicky as me will also be able to make their own trick collision objects. :-)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 4:58 PM
Online Now!
hborre posted at 10:10 AM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481778

Okay, time for Spring gear!

It's still Summer here, so I'm seeing a lot of shorts and low-cut black or white tops.

Kalypso ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 11:21 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
odf posted at 4:55 PM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481793

I was wondering about including the girdle in the outfit set, but I'm assuming folks who are as nitpicky as me will also be able to make their own trick collision objects. :-)

Including it would make for a great learning tool and maybe also get other creators to be as nitpicky as you :-)

odf ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 11:35 PM
Online Now!
Kalypso posted at 11:21 PM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481803
odf posted at 4:55 PM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481793

Including it would make for a great learning tool and maybe also get other creators to be as nitpicky as you :-)

Ha! Great point, but that also means I'll have to make it conforming because for the user to have to simulate yet another item that's not even visible would be such a p.i.t.a.

jroulin ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2024 at 8:45 AM

Not with a simulationscript. Simply make it loading together with theย sweater and the user will not notice it and this item can be simulated using the full geometry as constrained.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2024 at 7:17 PM
Online Now!
jroulin posted at 8:45 AM Tue, 20 February 2024 - #4481815

Not with a simulationscript. Simply make it loading together with theย sweater and the user will not notice it and this item can be simulated using the full geometry as constrained.

With your script generator, is it possible to create one script that sets up the simulation properties, and another to rerun all the simulations after tweaking the pose or play with the offsets etc.?

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2024 at 3:29 AM

Well not really if you tweak the settings, it will keep those values. What I do in this case is deleting all the simulations and start the script again so that it is loading the simulation at the default values. That said making a script that deletes the sims should not be too difficult.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2024 at 9:27 PM
Online Now!

It turns out the girdle behaves well as both an auto-generated conforming figure and a dynamic prop, so I might just include both versions and let the users and/or sim script authors decide which one they prefer.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 12:47 AM
Online Now!

My apologies for dragging my feet about publishing the Cozy Outfit. I think it's now as good as it will get, and I will do so soon.

In the meantime, I thought you might like to know that Antonia is now in Poser jail for stealing LF2's bodysuit. 😁

TipJTLz1PIXzUhg6EXvbFlRR0VIiWztchRnVuKR2.jpg

Solo24 ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 1:34 PM

That fall/winter outfit would suit my WIP character Aisha so much. I had the adventurer outfit in mind when creating her. But the bookworm and the winter outfit would suit her much better i think.

UOtBxNB3ovGPkVJeVxLFoFgEyFXx4mP0Fmkv4wOX.png

odf ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2024 at 4:09 PM
Online Now!

That's a great looking character. I feel honored to have inspired you with my outfits.

HunterD_aka_NotBob ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2024 at 1:16 AM

This is a good thread to read through. Nice job odf ๐Ÿ˜Ž

odf ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2024 at 4:40 PM
Online Now!
HunterD_aka_NotBob posted at 1:16 AM Wed, 28 February 2024 - #4482040

This is a good thread to read through. Nice job odf ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Thanks! Feel free to ask about my techniques and design decisions. I'm a mere dilettante, but always happy to share what I find out.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 16 March 2024 at 11:17 PM ยท edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 11:21 PM
Online Now!

"Something" has been submitted for FreeStuff. You are welcome to guess what it is, or help me check every five minutes whether it's been approved yet. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜Ž

jroulin ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2024 at 4:49 PM

Hi odf, was getting you free cozy outfit for LaFemme2 and big surprise there is already an Easy sim for it included. Thanks for all your free items that are working so nicely.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 18 March 2024 at 5:10 PM
Online Now!
jroulin posted at 4:49 PM Mon, 18 March 2024 - #4482635

Hi odf, was getting you free cozy outfit for LaFemme2 and big surprise there is already an Easy sim for it included. Thanks for all your free items that are working so nicely.

Yes, sometimes it takes me a long time to change my ways, but not I have finally joined the easy side of the Force.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2024 at 3:18 AM ยท edited Tue, 19 March 2024 at 3:21 AM
Online Now!

So, I think I'll publish this flimsy little number next. Probably on its own with a few nice textures, but as always, I'm open to suggestions.

(It's based on Antonia's babydoll, but I've learned to make better frills in the meantime - or so I think - and also how to keep the straps on the shoulders during the simulation.)

TP4wUgcKhFjrOsQzOPrM7fDK0UzZyA9GySM0DvRa.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 3:41 AM ยท edited Sun, 24 March 2024 at 3:41 AM
Online Now!

Oh darnit, I was just about ready to prepare that frilly babydoll nighty for FreeStuff, then I figured out how to get a belt working on a flowy garment (Spoiler: it's the soft decorated group). So now I guess I need to replace this test belt with a proper one that looks nice and put both versions in the package. That's why we can't have finished things. ๐Ÿ˜…

KIjWMtcmXxwSMVSzh3HpXZMiuCgSyLf0b7XU6EHW.jpg

Varnayrah ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 4:09 PM

That looks sweet with the belt! What if the belt was higher, below the breasts, so there was an empire-like silhouette?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.