Forum: La Femme 2

Subject: Dynamic Clothes WIPs for La Femme 2

odf opened this issue on Dec 02, 2023 ยท 235 posts

odf posted Mon, 19 February 2024 at 4:55 PM

jancory posted at 8:34 AM Mon, 19 February 2024 - #4481770

sleeves are fuller & maybe collision set closer?  looks great both ways.   scarf ends are much better now.

Yep, in the first picture the collision offset for the sweater was 1.0, in the second one it's 0.3. I didn't change the sleeves, so the fact that they appear fuller was a bit surprising to me.

Anyway, I generally hate clothes hovering over the skin, so I tend to make my collision offsets as small as I can get away with. In case of layered clothes, that does not usually work so well. Sometimes one can collide with the item of clothing underneath as well as the figure and use a moderate offset on both. But here I have pretty aggressive hemming on both the skirt's and the sweater's waist bands to make them look nice. This makes them stick to each other lice Velcro, and the sweater is no longer moving freely on top of the skirt. Depending on the pose that can look more or less okay or really bad. So, I only collide the sweater with the figure, not the skirt, and use a higher offset to make it lie on top of the skirt. That's what you see in the top picture.

Now, since AFAIK I can't use different offsets on different parts of the figure, I used a little trick for the bottom picture. I made a simple invisible girdle for LF2 that's sitting under her clothes and very close to her skin. Now I can collide with the figure at offset 0.3 and with the girdle at offset 0.7 to get the sweater on top of the skirt without the hovering sleeve effect at the wrists or the 1980s shoulder pads.

I was wondering about including the girdle in the outfit set, but I'm assuming folks who are as nitpicky as me will also be able to make their own trick collision objects. :-)

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.