Tue, May 14, 5:30 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 14 4:59 pm)

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

Blackbirdx61 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2020 at 1:12 AM · edited Tue, 21 January 2020 at 1:14 AM

A Wardrobe! This may have been asked for before, but I did look through a good bit of this thread and google searched it as well. It amazes me, and Maybe I am Missing something as a long time DAZ user coming over to Poser, but Poser (11) does not seem to have a Wardrobe or Closet. So all my clothes for V4 my primary Actor are tossed in with the props, and the Figures, and Poses (for Mats) How one is supposed to use this mess is utterly beyond me.

As a longtime DAZ user, it is in my opinion one of the few things DAZ got right. Included is a snapshot of a few tiers of my own wardrobe, where you will find Business Clothes, Casual Outfits, Even Fantasy, and Some Armor. Because that is how I think most people think of Clothes. If I'm going to work I pull on a Top and Jeans. If I'm taking my wife out I'll find a button down. And Just as I don't organize my Closet by Armani, or Chanel (or other names I cant afford); I don't organize my DAZ wardrobe by Artist. Quite Honestly I dont care who made the The Top, the Coat, the Heels, once I own the asset; And I have probably Hundreds of Options at this point to dress my Claudia. At this point.

I was trying to duplicate an outfit I used in DAZ last night to make a comparative render. 3Delight vs Firefly, and I wasted an hour not finding the top. Finally I just through something on her. I should not have to open DAZ to find my clothes, make notes about the Artist and file type and then come into Poser and try to root them out of the Bin that you all toss absolutely everything in together. I mean seriously its Poser 11 and you still have Scene Files Check by Jowl with Outfits because their both a CR2 or Pz3 file? Really that works for you. That works for Anyone? Please Give us a Closet to keep our Clothes in, it utterly amazes me you don't have one already.MyWardrobe.png

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2020 at 7:14 AM · edited Tue, 21 January 2020 at 7:20 AM

In 1985, Ricky Nelson recorded a song called "Garden Party" that included these lyrics: "But it's all right now, i learned my lesson well. You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself." The point I'm trying to make is that no, Poser doesn't have a Wardrobe or closet. It has a Figures Library. Anything anthropomorphic, or close to it goes in there. So, pretty much like a real closet or wardrobe, all your clothes go in there and you have to search through it to put an outfit together. Also, just like a real closet or wardrobe or dresse drawer, you can further break this down. after Poser 6, I organized my library by figure. All the outfits I bought for that figure went in THAT library. And if you want you can even get ridiculous about it. What jewelry goes with what outfit for what figure.

When Poser first started out there wasn't that much content, so we had the basic Runtime structure, which served it's purpose. Since then, Poser has evolved, but like the song says it can't please everyone, so it gave you the ability to organize the libraries as you see fit.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2020 at 8:26 PM

I just throw it all in one big pile..and let the chips fall where they may.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP Zbook 17 G6,  intel Xeon  64 GB of ram 1 TB SSD, Quadro RTX 5000 

movida ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2020 at 8:29 PM

why not just make a separate runtime for your clothes?

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2020 at 9:23 PM

movida posted at 10:19PM Tue, 21 January 2020 - #4377419

Or just organize it. Start with the figure ---V4 Break it down further in a nested folder, either by vendor such as, Out of Touch. Or by item such as lingerie, shoes, dresses, or shirt.

movida ( ) posted Wed, 22 January 2020 at 6:02 AM

I like the separate runtime myself, like a really big walk in closet :)

Blackbirdx61 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2020 at 2:03 PM

movida posted at 3:01PM Fri, 24 January 2020 - #4377419

I may have to, but having close to 10 Plus Years in 3D I have a huge Library, with a lot of Linkages that would have to be updated; it's no easy task.

Blackbirdx61 ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2020 at 2:06 PM

Apparently I'm not the only person who has seen a need for something like this, As the apps below demonstrate.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/p3do-explorer-pro-2-4-6/93346/

http://neocron.webspaceforme.net/library/

movida ( ) posted Fri, 24 January 2020 at 9:47 PM

Blackbirdx61 posted at 9:45PM Fri, 24 January 2020 - #4377671

movida posted at 3:01PM Fri, 24 January 2020 - #4377419

I may have to, but having close to 10 Plus Years in 3D I have a huge Library, with a lot of Linkages that would have to be updated; it's no easy task.

I'd be ill at the thought :)

Blackbirdx61 ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2020 at 5:04 AM · edited Sat, 25 January 2020 at 5:04 AM

movida posted at 6:01AM Sat, 25 January 2020 - #4377725 I'd be ill at the thought :)

Well I would have to start with some favorites, and slowly build out; but I'll checking out those two plug-ins first. Still I think a native cataloging system would be a huge plus for Poser 11.3

Dale B ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2020 at 11:58 AM

Age of content also plays a huge role in this. Older stuff were bound by the 8-3 rule from DOS, which is what led to the explosions of !!!!, to force a list to the top. UNless they completely rewrote the entire library system, then it is also still limited to 255 entries in any one category. After that, things just don't show. I've been using P-Booost myself for so many years that I haven't kept up overmuch on what's been fixed there (reinstalling a 60 gig runtime is not a trivial task, particularly since RDNA and several other vendors are gone, and a lot of that content simply isn't available anymore). If you have Win 10 in the mix you have to be extra careful, as it will redesignate the texture (ie: image) files as hidden and or OS specific, and if the OS goes boom, so may those files, depending on your setup. Multiple back ups are your friend.

MNE ( ) posted Mon, 27 January 2020 at 7:45 AM

I want the morph brush to be compatible with the pen tablet. I want more brushes.

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 2:07 AM

I haven't read through this entire thread, but real time hair and cloth simulation without creating an animation first would be nice. Maya has had this for over a decade. The way it is now, dynamic clothes and hair are too impractical and time consuming.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 6:50 AM

samsiahaija posted at 7:49AM Thu, 06 February 2020 - #4378609

I haven't read through this entire thread, but real time hair and cloth simulation without creating an animation first would be nice. Maya has had this for over a decade. The way it is now, dynamic clothes and hair are too impractical and time consuming.

The tech involved is third party and over a decade old. And Maya costs over $1000 a year in subscription.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2020 at 6:15 PM · edited Thu, 06 February 2020 at 6:24 PM

mne1106 posted at 6:13PM Thu, 06 February 2020 - #4377918

I want the morph brush to be compatible with the pen tablet. I want more brushes.

You can select tablet mode : BUT I think it is not pressure sensitive, that's actually a good idea if it was with more brushes The Morph brush IS already there, So I guess beefing it up couldn't hurt.

Retrowave ( ) posted Fri, 07 February 2020 at 4:02 AM

I don't know if they added an 'Inflate' brush to the Poser Morph Brush types since Poser 10, but I'm quite fan of the Poser Morph Brush once I hide a lot of the unneeded geometry to boost the performance, and the amount of times I wished there was an 'Inflate Mode' among the brush types, doesn't even bare thinking about.

MNE ( ) posted Sat, 08 February 2020 at 5:23 AM · edited Sat, 08 February 2020 at 5:25 AM

I also love POSER Morph Brush. I'm grateful that Morph Brush will also be able to select sides and faces.

willshetterly ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2020 at 11:13 AM

I would love to be able to change the names of the libraries, and to add or delete them. The more I use Poser, the less I like the library's organization. I want everything associated with an item to be in the same folder so I don't have to navigate far.

I realize the library sections don't care what you put in them, so I've done a lot of reorganizing on my own. But I've found that different sections of the library have their own approach to whether you can add something to the scene or replace it.

Miralys ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2020 at 1:12 PM

I have read all the 10 actual pages of this thread (most of them way too technical for me that I am a simple user not a content developer). Apparently no one mentioned that in Poser 11.2 80% of Python scripts got lost or broken. (Bad magic number error, don't even know what sort of whitchcraft it is lol) A lot of them were already broken in older Poser versions (like my beloved Aery Soul and Surreality ones...) but now I can't use no more a bunch of materials and 2nd skins and this is honestly a shame for me since I often played with those in my renders. So my wish for the new update or eventually future versions is: restoring python scripts and / or retrocompatibility with older stuff. Is it possible? Pretty pretty please? With chocolate on top? :-*

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 09 February 2020 at 4:17 PM

I don't THINK it's possible. But an actual Python programmer could tell you for sure. The real problem is, that most of the scripts that Poser uses are third party scripts, meaning they're not Poser's. If your script does not work any longer, you'd probably have better luck trying to get the script writer to change it, (unless you know what you're doing, then you can fix it).

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 4:03 AM

Retrowave posted at 6:01AM Mon, 10 February 2020 - #4379394

I don't know if they added an 'Inflate' brush to the Poser Morph Brush types since Poser 10, but I'm quite fan of the Poser Morph Brush once I hide a lot of the unneeded geometry to boost the performance, and the amount of times I wished there was an 'Inflate Mode' among the brush types, doesn't even bare thinking about.

Setting it like this will do pretty much that.

image.png

If you mean an Inflate like Zbrush's, I mean. Pull set to Surface will move polygons out, and turning Average Normals off means it'll do that in the direction of each poly's normals.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

movida ( ) posted Mon, 10 February 2020 at 7:42 AM

Miralys posted at 7:42AM Mon, 10 February 2020 - #4379662

I have read all the 10 actual pages of this thread (most of them way too technical for me that I am a simple user not a content developer). Apparently no one mentioned that in Poser 11.2 80% of Python scripts got lost or broken. (Bad magic number error, don't even know what sort of whitchcraft it is lol) A lot of them were already broken in older Poser versions (like my beloved Aery Soul and Surreality ones...) but now I can't use no more a bunch of materials and 2nd skins and this is honestly a shame for me since I often played with those in my renders. So my wish for the new update or eventually future versions is: restoring python scripts and / or retrocompatibility with older stuff. Is it possible? Pretty pretty please? With chocolate on top? :-*

try snarly's script (it fixed mine) https://poserlounge.nl/DiverseDLFiles/AVFix.zip

Miralys ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 4:01 AM

Thanks Movida! ^_^

Retrowave ( ) posted Tue, 11 February 2020 at 11:59 AM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 11:48AM Tue, 11 February 2020 - #4379723

Retrowave posted at 6:01AM Mon, 10 February 2020 - #4379394

Setting it like this will do pretty much that.

image.png

If you mean an Inflate like Zbrush's, I mean. Pull set to Surface will move polygons out, and turning Average Normals off means it'll do that in the direction of each poly's normals.

Cheers Ohki, that's kinda what I mean in so far as it uses the normals direction, and that's the brush I have to use, but it's just not the same as having an actual inflate brush, at least, not in Poser 10 it isn't. I prefer an inflate brush for things like lips and eyelid thickness, stuff like that. It can be done with the brush you show, but it's a lot more tedious than a proper inflate brush would be.

Likos ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 3:53 PM

Export for 3D print. It's nice to see development on Poser again. It's been years since I've used it. I mainly model in Rhino & Fusion 360 these days. I make things that I can 3D print on my SLA & FDM printers. There is allot of content available for Poser and making scenes to be printed and painted would be an amazing addition. As it stands the models can be exported for printing but a few things just don't translate to a printable model. 1. Clothes are infinitely thin and they overlay an existing model. It's not ideal. It would work much better for 3D printing if the model could be made a solid with clothing that would work with slicers. ( I know what I ask here is abit tough. I've played with photogrammetry abit. It might be a way to get a printable model wearing clothes.) 2. Texture baking. It would be nice to be able to bake the textures onto the model for printing. Displacement is nice for photo's but doesn't produce a printable model.

3D printing is become much more affordable and practical. Our kids school has them so they're learning to use 3D software. Poser's not on the kids radar because they can't print their creations so why bother?

Anyway, like I said it's nice to see active development and improvements on Poser. If I'm not mistaken I've owned every version since 4, though I haven't really used it in quite some time.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Wed, 12 February 2020 at 7:55 PM

Likos posted at 7:00PM Wed, 12 February 2020 - #4380122

This right here: This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible Product or replica of the 3D mesh/model/Product acquired. Pretty much says it all, even though it does say to contact them if that is your intentions (as in to 3D print it for whatever usage other than your own personal) for an extended license, which most likely means them just asking the creator (someone like me) and the creator (again someone like me ) saying Nooooooooooooooo ! 😛 Just kidding, But in a way if that feature was in Poser I would go broke trying to print out everything I created...I would make up things, "hmm that sphere looked rather printable"... just to print it out . 😁 OT: Just out of curiosity which Printer did you pick up, Im in the market for one. haven't really checked any out lately

Likos ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2020 at 9:59 AM

I'm thinking maybe at some point they revise that to allow printing for personal usage. I get that they don't want someone creating an awesome scene and then selling the resulting stl. It would be a little silly to disallow 3D printing of my own work for display in my house. Just the added social media exposure of people using Poser to 3D print and post photos would drive new customers to the product.

I have 3 printers now. A Prusa i3 MK3s that I bought a couple years back, a Prusa SL1 printer that I bought last year, and a Prusa Mini that I bought my son. The mini prints amazing, in some cases its better than the MK3s. When they update the MK3 to the MK4 I will consider whether I want to replace it with another mini or a MK4. There are just some things that the MK3 doesn't do well. (Heat creep is one. I knocked out most of it but it still could be better. The other is it really needs a geared extruder to solve the inconsistent extrusion issue. The mini doesn't suffer from this therefore the prints are much, much cleaner. For more info: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues/602 )

The SL1 will print details like no tomorrow but the build volume is pretty lame. Also the cost per print is way, way more than FDM printers. Most people with well tuned FDM printers print large parts or bodies in PLA/PETG/ABS and then print details with SLA. (Like the head of a model or other small, detailed assets.)

Hope this helped. PM me if you want more info. I don't want to hijack the thread. (At least not too much 😁 )

CHK2033 posted at 10:50AM Thu, 13 February 2020 - #4380159

Likos posted at 7:00PM Wed, 12 February 2020 - #4380122

This right here: This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible Product or replica of the 3D mesh/model/Product acquired. Pretty much says it all, even though it does say to contact them if that is your intentions (as in to 3D print it for whatever usage other than your own personal) for an extended license, which most likely means them just asking the creator (someone like me) and the creator (again someone like me ) saying Nooooooooooooooo ! 😛 Just kidding, But in a way if that feature was in Poser I would go broke trying to print out everything I created...I would make up things, "hmm that sphere looked rather printable"... just to print it out . 😁 OT: Just out of curiosity which Printer did you pick up, Im in the market for one. haven't really checked any out lately

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2020 at 10:27 AM

Likos posted at 11:21AM Thu, 13 February 2020 - #4380220

I'm thinking maybe at some point they revise that to allow printing for personal usage. I get that they don't want someone creating an awesome scene and then selling the resulting stl. It would be a little silly to disallow 3D printing of my own work for display in my house. Just the added social media exposure of people using Poser to 3D print and post photos would drive new customers to the product.

DISCLAIMER: As I am not a lawyer, this is not intended as legal advice. Okay, that said, and just to reiterate, I don't advise you to break any EULAs or contracts, but barring them having you under surveillance, or someone or yourself, tattling on you, if you really do wish to only use it for personal display in your home, how will they ever know? Honestly, I don't think personal use is what they're trying to discourage.

Likos ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2020 at 10:33 AM · edited Thu, 13 February 2020 at 10:36 AM

In it's current state Poser doesn't produce anything worth printing. Hence the request. If they bother to make the upgrades I requested above I'm pretty sure they'll modify their ULA for it as well.

EClark1894 posted at 11:31AM Thu, 13 February 2020 - #4380226

Likos posted at 11:21AM Thu, 13 February 2020 - #4380220

DISCLAIMER: As I am not a lawyer, this is not intended as legal advice. Okay, that said, and just to reiterate, I don't advise you to break any EULAs or contracts, but barring them having you under surveillance, or someone or yourself, tattling on you, if you really do wish to only use it for personal display in your home, how will they ever know? Honestly, I don't think personal use is what they're trying to discourage.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 13 February 2020 at 12:10 PM

I read what you said about the clothes and that's not really in Poser's purview. They don't make the clothes, vendors do. And they're made in different apps. Also, to my knowledge, and I'm more than willing to learn something new, all mesh is infinitely thin. Is there an app that makes a thicker mesh?

movida ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 5:34 AM

EClark1894 posted at 5:34AM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380236

I read what you said about the clothes and that's not really in Poser's purview. They don't make the clothes, vendors do. And they're made in different apps. Also, to my knowledge, and I'm more than willing to learn something new, all mesh is infinitely thin. Is there an app that makes a thicker mesh?

MODO and Marvelous Designer both have thicken options. I haven't used them but they're there.

CHK2033 ( ) posted Fri, 14 February 2020 at 3:23 PM · edited Fri, 14 February 2020 at 3:27 PM

EClark1894 posted at 3:06PM Fri, 14 February 2020 - #4380236

More or less the same way you would (solidify? cant remember that maybe entirely wrong but you know what I mean. same way you "thicken" a bowl or something similar ) anyway you can do it there also, after the fact.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 16 February 2020 at 4:28 AM

[1] Networked rendering - distributing buckets/samples of a single render across a network.

[2] Increase maximum number of render threads - at least to equal the Windows limit of 64 threads, but preferably expanded to 256 threads by launching as many as four FFRender64 processes (each running 64 threads). This will likely quadruple the memory used, but if you can afford that much CPU, then you can also afford the RAM. This will enable full use of the newer processors coming on the market.

[3] Micro-poly displacement for Superfly - with the understanding that this will likely await the Cycles incorporation of micro-poly displacement.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 16 February 2020 at 6:13 AM

[4] Pause/Resume rendering button

[5] Queue UI enhancements - list remotes by name as well as by last three digits of network address, allow adding/removing remotes from the master's Queue UI, show progress/status of each remote, et cetera.

P11Pro Q UI beta 16Feb2020.png

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

ockham ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 5:29 PM

A small wish, just for consistency. When a figure has smartprops, deleting the figure automatically deletes the props. But when a figure has lights parented to it, deleting the figure doesn't delete the 'smartlights'. They stay in the scene without a parent.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 20 February 2020 at 10:36 PM

[6] When saving a prop (or cluster of props), save any parented lights along with the prop(s).

Poser 12, in feet.  

NikKelly ( ) posted Sat, 22 February 2020 at 4:37 PM

I've been experimenting with FBX figure import using a free, low-ish poly model (DA) that sorta 'played nice' with my PoserPro11.

https://www.deviantart.com/gs-mantis/art/Miku-Lite-Model-Download-480790573

Took a while before I found an FBX import scale that neither needed a microscope nor stood taller than the sky-dome. In this case, x2500 scaled to 'adolescent', while x3000 matched LaFemme. (Default is x100 ) See pic below.

I've yet to find suitable scaling factors for many other FBX models as I cannot locate them in work-space after loading ...

Would it be too much to ask for a 'size to % figure height' import option per OBJ, and report scale found ? Or is there an easy way to peek within an FBX and estimate scaling required ??

I'd certainly like reliable scaling and posing of FBX models within Poser, as doing either beyond a very few percent or degrees often makes them 'explode'. Shades of P3/P4...

Importing FBX is final stage of 'MMD PMD+PMX ===> Poser' pipeline, but would support eg XNA meshes, too.

2500.jpg

emjay247 ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 10:55 AM

Poser Pro 12+ request:

1. AMD Pro Render plugin development and support
  2. Principled Shader for full Cycles material support.

Thanks!

(I'm on a Mac)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 23 February 2020 at 2:29 PM

emjay247 posted at 3:28PM Sun, 23 February 2020 - #4381574

Poser Pro 12+ request:

1. AMD Pro Render plugin development and support
  2. Principled Shader for full Cycles material support.

Thanks!

(I'm on a Mac)

Ghostship has an Ubershader which works a lot like the Principled Shader.

https://sharecg.com/v/86231/gallery/7/Material-and-Shader/Poser-11-Superfly-Uber-Shader-version-3

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 24 February 2020 at 9:47 AM

Retrowave posted at 9:44AM Mon, 24 February 2020 - #4374102 ...

If I were manager for Poser, this would be my plans for her:

• Replace Poser's viewport with the realtime EEVEE viewport used in Blender. ... The difference these three key elements would make to Poser across the board, are quite significant. The reason being that everything you do in Poser will all of a sudden, happen in realtime due to having EEVEE. With this in place, along with specialised lower-poly animation-figures to work with, and a more productive animation system in place, Poser would blast through three hurdles:

EEVEE probably won't happen, since it has a GPL license. Cycles has an Apache license, so it can be included in other Software without forcing them to make the rest open Software too. Include EEVEE, and Rendo would have to make Poser Open Source. Won't happen.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Retrowave ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 5:59 AM

@Bantha - I know, what a bummer. I only found out about it after posting. My overall opinion is still the same though, in that animation desperately needs updating, and if iPoser is going to compete with realtime (which is far too attractive to ignore), they need to find a realtime PBR viewport renderer they can licence for Poser.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 26 February 2020 at 12:03 PM

Probably the odd man out here, But I'd like to see Firefly upgraded so that indirect light and subsurface scattered aren't separate calculations.

Or, speed up Superfly and add in mircopolygonal displacement.

I don't know if this is even possible, but I'd like it if materials with a negative ambient value absorbed or dimmed existing lighting.

Really just spitballing thing I'd find useful...

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 27 February 2020 at 7:53 AM

I would like to see Cycles' principled shader implemented in Superfly and have a similar shader in Firefly, with a similar result in render. The actual "Physical Surface Root" lacks diffuse reflections in Firefly, that way the results are bad.

@knyghtmare - I don't think that getting rid of the passes is really possible. Firefly is a REYES-style renderer, like Pixars Renderman. Even Renderman uses seperate passes for things like indirect light and SSS. It's just how this kind of renderer works, I guess.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

raven ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 9:13 AM

@knyghtmare2021 you're not the only odd one out regarding updating Firefly! Many times I've thought if only Firefly could be made to use my graphics card for faster rendering that would be great, but I would imagine that's too much work for a niche request.

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 28 February 2020 at 1:27 PM

Considering the age of the Firefly engine, they would probably have to rewrite it from the ground up to get more than the OpenGL functions to work. Maybe the code stubs are already there, but if they had been, there would have been little reason to implement Superfly.

Maybe they could look at Filament and its documentation for inspiration: www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqXkPVQrfyQ gives a good example and links.

More impressive is the documentation on the engine and the math behind it: google.github.io/filament/Filament.md.html

NikKelly ( ) posted Tue, 03 March 2020 at 11:07 PM

I've already pleaded for FBX imports to, like OBJ, have option to scale relative to default Poser figure. After spending far too long on a 'binary chop', I've just identified an imported FBX robot as a fleck at ground-zero. From that, took but a few iterations to import at 2000% scale. Uh, why so long ? Well, robot did not come in as a figure with hierarchy, just a heap of parts that could not be scaled en-masse, or easily selected for deletion. Worse, if LaFemme (+swim-suit) was in scene for scale, the import took her name for its body-parts and a non-intuitive hunt ensued...

This bot was not fully rigged, but I've yet to meet an imported FBX that may be posed freely in Poser.

bantha ( ) posted Wed, 04 March 2020 at 12:53 AM

NikKelly posted at 12:51AM Wed, 04 March 2020 - #4382527

I've already pleaded for FBX imports to, like OBJ, have option to scale relative to default Poser figure. After spending far too long on a 'binary chop', I've just identified an imported FBX robot as a fleck at ground-zero. From that, took but a few iterations to import at 2000% scale. Uh, why so long ? Well, robot did not come in as a figure with hierarchy, just a heap of parts that could not be scaled en-masse, or easily selected for deletion. Worse, if LaFemme (+swim-suit) was in scene for scale, the import took her name for its body-parts and a non-intuitive hunt ensued...

This bot was not fully rigged, but I've yet to meet an imported FBX that may be posed freely in Poser.

You could pack all parts into a grouping. If the grouping is scaled, so are all parts in it. Does not really help with the rigging, though.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Retrowave ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2020 at 8:58 AM

I wish they'd find a way to speed-up Firefly using the GPU of both AMD and nVidia cards using Open CL, and yes, I did say Firefly, not Superfly! Would also like to see Bagginsbill's Parameter Modulation thing become part of Firefly, integrated in a way that people will understand how to use it. Would also like to see Aperture Ratio activated for Firefly so that we can have Anamorphic Bokeh in Firefly (which sadly, currently only works in Superfly).

Retrowave ( ) posted Sat, 07 March 2020 at 5:14 PM · edited Sat, 07 March 2020 at 5:24 PM

After checking-out Poser 11 Pro yesterday, I noticed something they changed since Poser 10, which makes no sense whatsoever, and I really hope they will put back!

I am referring to the camera controls located to the top right of the viewport. Why on earth have they been changed to those stupid icons that no longer resemble the main classic Poser camera controls? The originals were infinitely better and made more sense graphically. To make matters worse, I must have almost undocked the viewport by accident a good ten times in the hour or so I spent using those controls in Poser 11, a problem that never, ever, happened before.

PLEASE put the original icons back for those classic camera controls that makes Poser feel like Poser and not freaking DAZ Studio! There was absolutely no reason to change the classic Poser controls to those new controls you have now, controls that no longer represent a clone of the full size camera controls, and look like generic non-descript crap!

Honestly, I cannot for the life of me imagine why precious development time and resources were spent on doing that, cause all they have done is destroyed something that didn't need fixing, ruined the look, and made it irritating to use in the process!

Words escape me, cause it's a bit much when a feature request entails requesting something be put back that was done right in the first place, then destroyed. As can be seen in the two images below, the top image shows the originals that are a representation of the full-sized classic Poser camera controls. The bottom image shows the messed-up camera controls you have now, controls that were destroyed while Poser was under Smith Micro.

Now that Bondware are in charge, PLEASE put the original Poser controls back, those new controls do not represent the main camera controls as they once did. Whoever did that to the controls should volunteer themselves for a thousand lashings of the whip, but if not, I hope Tim takes out a whip and lashes the new team into fixing them!

THE ORIGINAL AND BEST CLASSIC POSER STYLE

CamControlOriginal.jpg

THE SMITH MICRO MESSED-UP SPECIAL (They even managed to make the dots on the main camera controls look like crap as well)

CamControlDestroyed.jpg

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2020 at 7:46 AM

Actually, I don't have a real problem with the icons. although I think putting little arrow heads on the tips to indicate which direction they are supposed to control would be nice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.