Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: New Poser Wishlist

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jul 07, 2019 ยท 589 posts

Likos posted Thu, 13 February 2020 at 9:59 AM

I'm thinking maybe at some point they revise that to allow printing for personal usage. I get that they don't want someone creating an awesome scene and then selling the resulting stl. It would be a little silly to disallow 3D printing of my own work for display in my house. Just the added social media exposure of people using Poser to 3D print and post photos would drive new customers to the product.

I have 3 printers now. A Prusa i3 MK3s that I bought a couple years back, a Prusa SL1 printer that I bought last year, and a Prusa Mini that I bought my son. The mini prints amazing, in some cases its better than the MK3s. When they update the MK3 to the MK4 I will consider whether I want to replace it with another mini or a MK4. There are just some things that the MK3 doesn't do well. (Heat creep is one. I knocked out most of it but it still could be better. The other is it really needs a geared extruder to solve the inconsistent extrusion issue. The mini doesn't suffer from this therefore the prints are much, much cleaner. For more info: https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware/issues/602 )

The SL1 will print details like no tomorrow but the build volume is pretty lame. Also the cost per print is way, way more than FDM printers. Most people with well tuned FDM printers print large parts or bodies in PLA/PETG/ABS and then print details with SLA. (Like the head of a model or other small, detailed assets.)

Hope this helped. PM me if you want more info. I don't want to hijack the thread. (At least not too much 😁 )

CHK2033 posted at 10:50AM Thu, 13 February 2020 - #4380159

Likos posted at 7:00PM Wed, 12 February 2020 - #4380122

This right here: This License does not grant permission to produce a real, tangible Product or replica of the 3D mesh/model/Product acquired. Pretty much says it all, even though it does say to contact them if that is your intentions (as in to 3D print it for whatever usage other than your own personal) for an extended license, which most likely means them just asking the creator (someone like me) and the creator (again someone like me ) saying Nooooooooooooooo ! 😛 Just kidding, But in a way if that feature was in Poser I would go broke trying to print out everything I created...I would make up things, "hmm that sphere looked rather printable"... just to print it out . 😁 OT: Just out of curiosity which Printer did you pick up, Im in the market for one. haven't really checked any out lately