Tue, May 21, 9:14 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 21 3:55 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I have to say on the new 'site look'

MKeyes ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:13 AM

Oh my goodness, I can't believe all of what I'm reading, and here I was, soooooo proud of Rendo for getting away from that tired old faded blue! I have never seen so many people soooo resistant to CHANGE! Well for me, I say... it's about TIME Rendo... THEY will get used to it. My goodness, I am a CHRONIC MIGRAINE sufferer... on prescription meds that doesn't always work... but this blue - is your common navy blue - not ultra bright blazing BLUE - not startling stinging WHITE - not glow in the dark lime green, but a nice, neutral everyday blue.

I swear... YOU CANNOT WIN!!! Rendo - do what you have to do... but CHANGE IS GOOD! And I know I'm no one in particularly important in the scheme of it all... but - I LIKE IT...and so do many of those I've showed the new site to!

It DOES NOT distract from the art! Or anything else... SMH - I'm out of here, I'm uploading a new picture and very proud to do so!

Hehehehe - I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I will go now...

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:17 AM · edited Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:18 AM

Well, I for one will NOT get used to it, thanks. And apparently you didn't see the first version. Barfmaking.

Laurie

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:26 AM

Quote - Oh my goodness, I can't believe all of what I'm reading, and here I was, soooooo proud of Rendo for getting away from that tired old faded blue! I have never seen so many people soooo resistant to CHANGE! Well for me, I say... it's about TIME Rendo... THEY will get used to it. My goodness, I am a CHRONIC MIGRAINE sufferer... on prescription meds that doesn't always work... but this blue - is your common navy blue - not ultra bright blazing BLUE - not startling stinging WHITE - not glow in the dark lime green, but a nice, neutral everyday blue.

I swear... YOU CANNOT WIN!!! Rendo - do what you have to do... but CHANGE IS GOOD! And I know I'm no one in particularly important in the scheme of it all... but - I LIKE IT...and so do many of those I've showed the new site to!

It DOES NOT distract from the art! Or anything else... SMH - I'm out of here, I'm uploading a new picture and very proud to do so!

Hehehehe - I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I like change! I will go now...

The current colors of the site look unprofessional and detract from the "art" that is posted here. It looks like some kids put the site together for their first one and thought...oh, that blue us nice, let's use it. What's more important, the colors of the site that will throw you in shock the first time you see it or the "art" posted on the site?

I'm another one that will not get use to a site with bright colors.

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:29 AM

Actually it's not a common navy blue, even now. Navy blue is darker.

Also I will not get used to it. That is a presumtuous statement to make for everyone.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:31 AM

" ... but this blue - is your common navy blue - not ultra bright blazing BLUE - not startling stinging WHITE - not glow in the dark lime green, but a nice, neutral everyday blue ... "

MKeyes ... I don't think you're seeing what everyone else is seeing.  Part of the color scheme is still the neutral navy, but the gallery pages ARE an "ultra bright blazing BLUE".

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:32 AM

Quote - Oh my goodness, I can't believe all of what I'm reading, and here I was, soooooo proud of Rendo for getting away from that tired old faded blue! I have never seen so many people soooo resistant to CHANGE! Well for me, I say... it's about TIME Rendo... THEY will get used to it. My goodness, I am a CHRONIC MIGRAINE sufferer... on prescription meds that doesn't always work... but this blue - is your common navy blue - not ultra bright blazing BLUE - not startling stinging WHITE - not glow in the dark lime green, but a nice, neutral everyday blue.

I don't fear change. Rendo used to change layout once every year and I liked that. I change my furniture places in my bedroom all the time. I color my hair purple, blue, green, everytime I get tired of it.

With all due respect, have you ever studied/researched design? Do you have any idea about color schemes, color symbolism and the effect one color has against the other? This is not just a matter of the blue DISTRACTING from the art, it's actually causing a visual illusion that makes all the colors in the artwork look DIFFERENT. Apart from that, all those gradients even in the menus make everything look cheap, made by non-professionals. Those double-edges on the Community, Advertising, Tip of the Week boxes? Damn cheap. All in all, this looks like a site I'd go to when I was 14 to brag about what I could make, NOT one I'd come at age 26 to sell and buy produts that help others create their artwork.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:41 AM · edited Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:43 AM

This is Navy Blue Clearly more toward blue, and still darker than the current background. Also, navy blue never has been considered a neutral color by any color theory I learned or have read.  Neutral colors always tend to be more muted, less saturated.  There are neutral colors that are light, mostly in the gray family, but some earth tones and off whites as well.  The current background is more of a cerulean at the edges, headed for turquoise in the center - whic is an improvement from the previous Turquoise grading toward neon, but still far from neutral.

P.S. This Navy Blue from digital charts is still several shades lighter than an acurate Pantone navy blue or pigmentation charts references.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 11:50 AM

Quote - I don't know if it's something on my end or not, but since the change every page on R'osity is loading very slowly, especially the marketplace. It's not happening on any other site. Anyone else having this problem?

Yes I posted in the other thread about this.

Best of luck.

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Star4mation ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 3:11 PM

Way too blue for my eyes!!

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 3:55 PM · edited Fri, 08 July 2011 at 3:55 PM

maybe they've got a poll ready to see if the silent majority also hates everything.  keep it short and simple, e.g.:

• do you like the new site appearance? (yes/no)
  • do you like the old site better?(yes/no)
  • would you like help in adjusting the site colour scheme to your personal pref? (yes/no)
  • which one of these adjusted site colour schemes would you prefer? (give them about 10 screenshots)

then allow them to select the site theme/style they prefer and switch it to that in their browser.

Shutter_Bug ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 4:00 PM

Not lovin' the new look either. And YES, the color scheme does hurt the eyes. I'm not old and my vision is not impaired...but it sure feels like it is now.

Also not crazy about the new logo thingy in the upper left corner. Can't even make out what it is. For an art site I expect to see something that dazzles and inspires.

Junglegeorge ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 4:15 PM

Quote -  

** BLUE!!!!!!!**

How can anyone possibly think a bright blue like this is a good thing for an art website???

It violently clashes with the actual pictures as can be seen below -->

The thumbnails need to be set against a nice neutral colour such as black so you're not distracted by all that BLUE!!!!!

At least the actual gallry image has a black background, but now that stands out like a sore thumb against the BLUE!!!!!!!! of the surrounds -->

But dear Lord, it's BLUE!!!!!!

Who on Earth thought thsi was a good idea???..?

Black was so much better. Cgtalk uses black, ItsArt uses black - why? Because it's the most effective background that's why. We look at the picture NOT the BLUE!!!!! of the website.

OK, so the argument is "Oh but it makes Rendersoity stand out so much more effectively than those other sites"... Well since WHEN has Marketing ever had a better clue as to what works or not artistically than the art dept. itself, in any company on the face of the planet? Gawd... I feel like we've entered the Dilbert zone with this BLUE!!!!!. Who did the website coding - the Elbonians?

Please please change it back to a darker colour or the dark grey/black of before

This is more than a simple change of header/title - which everyone hates anyway but we get used to - this is far more serious.

Sean

I´m with Sean on this. At least have a neutral (black or dark grey) background in the gallery section. This blue is not good for the art display.

In real life mats for framing (passepartout) is usually black our white, not blue.

You should listen to your artists/members on this one.

Best regards

Göran/Junglegeorge

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 6:58 PM

The blue color isn’t bad……..

If you’re a tropical fish!

Faerydae ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 7:53 PM

Quote - The blue color isn’t bad……..

LOL!

Thanks Ariana. Glad to know it's not just me having these speed issues!

rebelmommy ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quote - The blue color isn’t bad……..

What you don't like having your retinas burned?  LOL  Thank goodness I have Firefox and use the Color That Site add on or I would not be able to stand more then 5 minutes here with that horrid color!

Renderosity's "problem Child"
Support Hydrocephalus research.. because a Shunt is NOT a cure!

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:11 PM

Okay, I thought something was wrong that I was suddenly seeing the Beta colors all the time rather than just on the pages of folks who had signed up for the Beta.  I guess it went live anyways. 

I have to say these are not good colors for an art website at all.  Please go back to true NEUTRAL colors, not anything that is blue, red, pink, purple, yellow, etc.    It fights with the artwork.  My art looks awful now with the surrounding blue, and that's not how I wish it to be viewed.  ME - the artist - would like it displayed with a neutral surrounding.

When I opened up the site and my friend was walking through the room, he stopped and said, 'Holy hell.. what is that?  What did they do?'   I think the majority of us here have the same opinion.  'What is this hot mess?'

Yeah, I can download a fix for me.. but it doesn't fix how others who come to the site see it.  They see the blue.  If I do a piece in greens and yellows or sepia, it looks absolutely horrible with the surrounding color.  You wouldn't frame a picture in your home in this color would you?  Not on your life.. so why would you use it on an art website?

I still see it very bright, by the way.  Very, very bright.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:23 PM

Here are some examples where the clashing is extremely bad

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2213204&user_id=653664&member&np

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2199479&user_id=653664&member&np

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2163071&user_id=653664&page=2&member&np

Just a fewexamples from my gallery  that I think the blue especially clashes with or draws the eye away from.

SeanE ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 2:56 AM

Really Rendo admins,

doesn't it speak volumes that people are almost universally AGAINST the changes that have bene made with the BLUE!!!! theme?

of course you haven't a clue about the silent members or new visitors that have seen it and just quietly left very quickly...

and how the CSS forum is suddenly experienceing a distinct spike in activity and new posts with new modifying code?

doesn't that make you think that "hmmm.. maybe we got it wrong this time..?"

Really..?

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 7:52 AM

New Customer drops in... "ACK! My eyes!" Turns and runs from site without seeing the gallery or buying a damn thing!

Result: Bad for the great artists here, and double bad for RO (*and US!) who needs to sell!

Win/Win?

No/No!

~A~

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:18 AM

Being old-fashioned, I like black. Desktop is black, renders against black, black for fonts. So everything looks garish to me. This blue isn't that bad, though. I mean it could be pink... 

The site does respond faster, though, and that is a definite plus. And I can find the Logout now, which I never could before.

Can you tell I'm on the fence? (Wondering if my monitor needs a little adjustment to desat things.) 

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:35 AM · edited Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:36 AM

My monitor has always made everything look amazing - art wise, and is calibrated and it the color of the site still appears much too saturated.

I really prefer the look of a gray/black/white site, or neutral off white.. something very unobtrusive.  I do agree the site performs better, it's only the colors that are throwing me off.

I haven't gotten a response yet on the CSS that we can change.  If I can alter my gallery so others see it in what I would like, then I will just move on and do that.

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 1:45 PM

I have to say for me the new site has been largely "meh". I cant honestly say I even notice the changes when I am on the forums and at least on my monitor the gallery background is a bluish grey that I dont find conflicts with the pics any more than any other color would. 

I am sure that if Rendo management find a drop in sales in the marketplace they will revist and changes made. After all, they need to make a nice profit so we can have free forums, free galleries and chat.

A new user just needs to load the css stuff from the forum and he too can have PINK and GREEN text for the forums.

dragonmuse ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 2:01 PM

I have to chime in here too.. the colours are painful to look at and overwhelming the gallery and product images.

They are very pretty colours in of themselves, but they do not work for this application.  You need muted shades so as to not take away fromt he gallery and product images.  This just makes it uncomfortable to view the galleries and make the product pages look shoddy.

Plese put it back or give us the option to choose which we want.

I had hoped that your "upgrades" were to improve the performance and reduce the lag, instead, it is worse.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 2:17 PM

Yeah, the site has definitely been slower for me, but I'm not sure if it's the new junk or if it's the css and FF addon I added to override it ;).

Laurie

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 8:33 PM

Well I have yet to do the FF color but the site is really slow. I wait while the page has to think if it wants to talk with RO... *sigh.

Hope everyones weekend is good.

Ariana

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 8:50 PM

Why for a Artist web site are the colors so hard on the eyes?

Hard to read parts of the site and then the menu dropdown that shows the text below it because of the transparency.

Then you need to look at the site with more then one type of monitor and setting because your see a lot more that is just not right.

Turn the lights on and off in the room also because that effects how the monitor also.

Then have others of all ages look at things because I bet it's only the younger or mostly the younger that like the brite colors that make it hard to see things.

Then the site is more then what all the new software you have can do so because it can do this or that does not mean it has to be used if you do not have to use it. May be cool and new but that does not mean it's better.

I have not read all the post or want to because I like my eyes and this site is now helping things for a 57 year old eye's.

Then of other web sites and forums and how many or using the same or almost the same colors after all the changes they make to the site over the years. It's because they keep it so it's easy to read and look at and your get more people who will stay around.

Even typing out the post is a little are on the and I made this reply box as big as you can get it. (Nice new thing is this reply box)

But it's still not right so it needs a bigger and or better font. I think maybe bigger because I see the fonts on the post are bigger then the reply box font. Even used the Full screen mode that I now have to keep using because going back the word wrap is not working right and you can not see all you have typed out.

Right clicking I see brings up more things but it also still brings up my Browser right click menu that is bigger and covers your right click menu. This you may of tested because it works OK with Firefox 2 and 3 but not with Pale Moon 3 that is really Firefox. With Pale Moon I can click the Exe key to close the Pale Moon right click menu to see the sites right click menu that was under it.

Pale Moon project: Custom-built and optimized Firefox browsers for Windows Operating Systems. http://www.palemoon.org

A whole lot faster then Firefox.

Just got error trying to preview this post.

MySQL error: Duplicate entry '14f50fd37a2fc16cb9c8777901054b19' for key 2, occured in query: "INSERT INTO forumpro_message SET thread_id='2830775', forum_id='12357', pend_id='14f50fd37a2fc16cb9c8777901054b19', user_id='133066', body='

Then post was here and this below.

', link_title='', link_url='http://', content_advisory='N;', status='pending', format='Y', post_date=now(), last_mod=now() ;".

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 8:57 PM

Sorry about the background.

Was checking things out and wanted to see if it was the whole page of the post or just behind the text. Then I changed it back to white because that was the reply box other background but not what you see when it's posted.

So you need to have a default color so it takes that away if we want to put it back.

I see not edit so can not edit the post to fix the trouble or try to fix it.

Plus the reply box did not return to the smaller fixed size after it was changed in the above post.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:07 PM

We made a change to the gallery background color this evening.

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:30 PM · edited Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:32 PM

Quote - We made a change to the gallery background color this evening.

well, that certainly will make a number of people happy...since i am using FireFox and Color that Site, it now makes little difference to me what colors you choose to make the site...as far as speed and functionality are concerned, everything seems to be working fine for me...i am not experiencing any slowdowns at all...

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 9:59 PM

Thank you, Stacey!

You rock!

That dark gray is lovely.  A compromise ... I'll take it! 

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:10 PM

Thanks Stacey, tho it makes little difference since the image you click on still comes up on that nauseating blue background....lol. Not sure if you planned it that way, but only the gallery thumbs are on that gray background.

Laurie

auntietk ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:35 PM

I came back to tell you one more time how much I love the dark gray in the galleries!  :D  It's a very classy color, and perfect for displaying artwork.

I noticed Laurie's comment above.  Hmmm.  When I click open an image, it's surrounded by black.  I think that's been true all through this whole thing.  Yes, there is blue on the page, and no, I don't like the blue, but it's not next to the artwork, so I'm as happy as a pig in poo!  (If I needed every frakkin' thing my way, I'd start my own art site.  The gray is good enough for me!)

THANK YOU, STACEY!!! 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 10:43 PM

Excellent! Now put that color or different shades of it in the background of the galleries, in the image view in galleries, in the forums and in the product pages... perhaps in front page... you know what, everywhere, replacing all the BLUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAARGH.

Seriously, that color around the gallery thumbnails is nice, it's what we meant by something neutral. But there's still the blue in all other places in the site.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2011 at 11:18 PM

Quote - Thanks Stacey, tho it makes little difference since the image you click on still comes up on that nauseating blue background....lol. Not sure if you planned it that way, but only the gallery thumbs are on that gray background.

Laurie

I agree.  I love the grey that you have behind the thumbnails but the blue background against the grey and the fact that the images come up similar (with the grey against the blue) is still very distracting :(

Renderosity's "problem Child"
Support Hydrocephalus research.. because a Shunt is NOT a cure!

hewee ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 1:11 AM

Thank you

So how do I undo any background color so it's as if I never picked a background color?

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 7:29 AM

The new is a killler on my eyes and is cheap looking...some class has been totally lost. Thanks for listening.

FaeMoon ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 8:37 AM

I would really like to see all gray on the gallery pages.  The thumbnails surrounded by the bright blue and the main background/wallpaper color on the page are still quite bright.  It does help a bit to have the center section in the grays and blacks, but since that part is very narrow, the page is still mostly blue.

Thank you for listening though, it gives me some hope.

On the zoomed version of the picturs, I have a white surround.  I am using Firefox.

wimvdb ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 9:30 AM

The blue background remains very intrusive. Please give is the option to change this. Not in CSS, but as a genuine sekection

I really don't understand why you insist on everyone having this.

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 6:40 PM

LOL @ Tara.... A pig in poo, huh??

Glad to see the gray next to the artwork - it really does look better than any bright, saturated color.

I think the big thing is that a gray or at least a gray/blue is a lot easier on the eyes over a long period - it's simply more relaxing, IMHO. A lot of your viewers are like me, they spend a LOT of time on Rendo. And it's a lot more calming and relaxing to have a muted color scheme than a large expanse of brilliant, saturatd color assailing your eyes for more than a short time.

Thanks for your hard work, and 'listening' to your visitors.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2011 at 8:24 PM

Rod, well said. 

KageRyu ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 12:52 PM · edited Mon, 11 July 2011 at 12:54 PM

But applying only to selected blocks of the page creates an even more patchwork and ugly look to the pages overall, especially with the bright blues surrounding it and in some of the side menus.  The site looks truely hideous now.

I really do not see why the big change of appearance, and why to such a gaudy and obnoxious look? The old look was much more tasteful in appearance. Even if a new look was absolutely nescessary there are so many options that would have looked much more appealing and tasteful than this color scheme and layout.

I saw it mentioned this color scheme was chosen for attention - but just getting attention is not always a good thing.  The kind of attention this look and color scheme reminds me of is the three year old throwing a tantrum screaming "look at me! look at me!".  Maybe that's what was wanted, I just feel it does not do the site, or all of the brockered artists and content creators on the site justice.  Given that Daz Studio and Poser content seems to make up a majority of the content too, I feel it does not do those communities justice, and will result in them being seen and treated even more like amatures and hobbyists among other CG artist groups (something that is already a problem).

Just my extended thought.

P.S. The site as a whole responds even slower than ever for me, and I am seeing applets hitting on my firewall now every time I visit Rendo. Not something that makes me happy.

Notilize ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 1:03 PM

Quote - > Quote - We made a change to the gallery background color this evening.

But applying only to selected blocks of the page creates an even more patchwork and ugly look to the pages overall, especially with the bright blues surrounding it and in some of the side menus.  The site looks truely hideous now.

I really do not see why the big change of appearance, and why to such a gaudy and obnoxious look? The old look was much more tasteful in appearance. Even if a new look was absolutely nescessary there are so many options that would have looked much more appealing and tasteful than this color scheme and layout.

I saw it mentioned this color scheme was chosen for attention - but just getting attention is not always a good thing.  The kind of attention this look and color scheme reminds me of is the three year old throwing a tantrum screaming "look at me! look at me!".  Maybe that's what was wanted, I just feel it does not do the site, or all of the brockered artists and content creators on the site justice.  Given that Daz Studio and Poser content seems to make up a majority of the content too, I feel it does not do those communities justice, and will result in them being seen and treated even more like amatures and hobbyists among other CG artist groups (something that is already a problem).

I couldn't agree more with you. (Except the layout doesn't bother me.) What get's to me is how awful and cheap it looks. It really bugs me. This site use to look really nice, like a pro. Now it looks like a site that makes no money.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2011 at 8:16 PM

Also the blue on grey colors is extremely difficult to see. Seriously, why don't you go back to the way it was before? There were no problems and we looked very professional and maybe even considered beautiful compared to this new design. If this style is the better design of sites now, then I admit I want to be antiquated!

These 'cells' are unfinished looking, they are misaligned, mis-sized, and they do not have a cohesive or polished look. Were I paying someone to do my site I would fire them and look elsewhere. This is just honesty, not any other reason.

Why does RO feel the need to mess with what was a beautiful end product now? I remember the contest that resulted in the original new blue look, and it was a stunning improvement! I don't recall a contest this year, or even being notified or asked if we had an opinion before the site changed. And it is hard to believe someone saw this before hand and said "Wow! That's fantastic!".

I know everyone who has voiced an opinion, has done so because they love the community here. I do not believe any negative comments come from any snarky-ness or malice. Just honest shock.

~A~

FaeMoon ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2011 at 12:08 AM

Seriously, I'm having trouble looking through galleries to even do comments on more than five or six at a time.  This color bothers me - hurts my eyes even.  Yes, I could change it for ME, but it bugs me that the color could.. and probably will, keep others away.  Not every visitor will want to take the time to do CSS .. not everyone will know how.

I'm falling behind in comments again.  :P

IO4 ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 12:27 PM

Thank you Rendro team for listening to the members and changing the colour to a more neutral one!!! It looks great - :thumbupboth:

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 2:42 PM

Today I finally allowed myself to change the CSS in the forums and galleries. Still, it can't be done in the Marketplace, and the entire thing looks horrible. I lost my will to shop here entirely - and that scares me, because all the products I sell are here (and since the site change, I only sold two single products)...

- - - - - - 

Notilize ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 2:50 PM

Quote - Today I finally allowed myself to change the CSS in the forums and galleries. Still, it can't be done in the Marketplace, and the entire thing looks horrible. I lost my will to shop here entirely - and that scares me, because all the products I sell are here (and since the site change, I only sold two single products)...

That is something that bugs me too. And what really bugs me is that my banner ads have had WAY WAY LESS clicks given the number of impressions, than they usual do. I have removed a lot of my products since this new site. And a part of me really doesn't want to sell here anymore. But I don't know yet.

papasmrfe ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 5:48 PM

I want the old color scheme back. It was wonderful. I loved it.

For Renderosity to expect a vast sum of it's users to create/find/implement work-arounds just because one person (or even a small handful of people) is determined to make everyone else like their idea is a really bad call. People are more likely to simply avoid it (and help another site grow) than to bother trying to "get used to it". (... a very poor choice of words when dealing with clients/customers/patrons.)

'C'mon people; Embrace the pain...' - Yeah, not likely.

I may be logging in more often since the overhaul... but that's only to see if they've changed things back yet, to the way it was before. THIS HURTS MY EYES! I like Renderosity's community... but I HATE the new colors!

Honestly, I haven't even bothered to test the new layout yet, simply because I can't stand looking at it. (It really is offensive to the eyes.) I can only hope this feedback will help to make a difference. Oh, and if the decision-makers find what I wrote offensive... go ahead and keep this color scheme - and you'll get used to it.

Notilize ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2011 at 6:29 PM

Quote - I may be logging in more often since the overhaul... but that's only to see if they've changed things back yet, to the way it was before.

Same here. I don't mind the new layout so much, like I've said before. But this blue setup is both cheap & unprofessional looking. Other than that I'm okay with the new changes. (except for the placement of the free banner ads not being up top anymore. But that's speaking as a vendor.)

durleybeachbum ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2011 at 2:34 AM

Thankyou for listening,  (however reluctantly!)

I agree absolutely with Tara.

Not perfect but So much easier on the eyes.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.