Fri, May 17, 10:30 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 5:43 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I have to say on the new 'site look'

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 11:03 AM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 6:13 PM

I'm not loving it.  I hate it.  It's very, very distracting to have all this saturated blue next to the art.  I see blue on the sides .. not the artwork.   Please make it something more neutral in color.   What was wrong with the old colors? 

Delaney

CarolSassy ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 12:45 PM

I just saw it, and I hate to say it, but I'm not lovin' it either. 

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 3:08 PM

hmmm, who chose this color?

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 4:22 PM · edited Mon, 04 July 2011 at 4:26 PM

I hate the new beta, too. It looks like a cheap site. Hate the colors & well, pretty much everything. Not to mention it really hurts my eyes.

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

Notilize ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2011 at 5:39 PM

The color really really needs to be changed.

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2011 at 12:13 AM

well i am using it to me it looks ok but all my visitors are complaing,getting error messages when faving an image of mine and things like that.

still a lot to do.a dnyes the one should be able to change the color of the site like digitaldownunder and dreamslayerartworkd has, in something called mood change, change your mood and the colors change .bla..bla..

IO4 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:40 AM

I do like the blue colour, as a colour, and on the front page, but it definately does not work for the galleries - gallery backgrounds should always be neutral colours so that it is not distracting and conflicting with whatever images are there. I thought that was just common sense:)

I think the front page layout looks nice, but it looks too generic - like thousands of other websites out there. As this is an art community and store it would be nice to have a design which plays on that somehow (e.g.  DAZ 3d used to have semi transparent images to the background of their pages -  it looked really good). I understand about web design, keeping the layout user friendly and accessible etc. , and to some degree that determines the structure of the pages, but it doesn't mean you can have some  individuality in terms of overall look.

Does anyone know where we post bugs if we find any?

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:11 AM

i dont like the new layout either - is there an option to go back to the old one?

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:13 AM

No there isn't.. Give yourself some time to get used to it:) I absolutely love it the more I see it!!

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:14 AM

Quote - No there isn't.. Give yourself some time to get used to it:) I absolutely love it the more I see it!!

Its hurts my eyes Stacey :(

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:19 AM

Reading the forums you mean or exactly which part are you having so much trouble with?

Notilize ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:30 AM

Hi,

Stacey. Are you guys seriously going to stay with this color? It looks so cheap!!! If I didn't know what renderosity was, I wouldn't shop here.  I'm not trying to hurt feelings, I respect you guys. But I really can't stand this look.

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:31 AM

Oh, there is one other thing that bugs me.  When you click on an image to see it, those stupid floating ads on the right hand side cover the right hand side of the image.  That means you are practically required to click on the image that makes it full size, even when it is already full size without doing that.  Do you know what I mean? lol  If you do, you've known me too long.(snicker)

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:32 AM

Carol can you send me a screen shot of what you are seeing?

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:32 AM

Okay, hang on a second or two.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:37 AM

file_470617.jpg

Hope this works...

My settings are 1024x768 on my screen, so I should be able to see this whole image, but the ads are in the way.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:44 AM

Quote - Reading the forums you mean or exactly which part are you having so much trouble with?

the bright offensive blue that surrounds everything.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:50 AM

Okay Carol, I'm checking on this

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:55 AM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:56 AM

Yeah, the blue hurts my eyes. & Yes I think it looks cheap. But I've already said that. I really, really don't like it & taking time to 'get used to it' is not going to change that.
I've spent long hours every day over the last 9 years here. Not to mention a paid sub. This layout will cut that real quick.

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
Savage Dragon

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:09 AM

i too am not a big fan of the new site, especially the BLUE :)

for those of you who share my opinion regarding the site's palette and use Firefox, there is a little add-on you can use to change the colors.  It is called "Color that Site," and it really does work nicely.  currently,  i have changed Rosity's background site colors to lovely DEEP blues.

i also preferred the rounded corners used on the rectangular elements in the old site.  now everything is a boring 90-degrees angle.  the old site had a distinctive look to it.  now it looks very mundane...for a site that deals with "art" there is little that is artistic with the new site.

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:11 AM

Quote - i too am not a big fan of the new site, especially the BLUE :)

for those of you who share my opinion regarding the site's palette and use Firefox, there is a little add-on you can use to change the colors.  It is called "Color that Site," and it really does work nicely.  currently,  i have changed Rosity's background site colors to lovely DEEP blues.

i also preferred the rounded corners used on the rectangular elements in the old site.  now everything is a boring 90-degrees angle.  the old site had a distinctive look to it.  now it looks very mundane...for a site that deals with "art" there is little that is artistic with the new site.

Exactly!

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
Savage Dragon

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:12 AM

Why not give us the option to have the old color scheme.

I have 2 different colors on my forum for visitors to choose from.  A light one and a dark one.  Most pick the darker one.....

ïÏøçö

musicat ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:21 AM

This light color scheme will hurt older folks like me.  I can barely read the whitish against the blue.  Please fix this so we can at least do a color contrast & read stuff.  You will have lots of the older folks leaving.

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:28 AM

The Color the Site works wonders!

Notilize ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:32 AM

Quote - This light color scheme will hurt older folks like me.  I can barely read the whitish against the blue.  Please fix this so we can at least do a color contrast & read stuff.  You will have lots of the older folks leaving.

I agree. I've been on the new site a bit today and my eyes are starting to bug me now. I think its the lighter blue over the dark blue.

goldie ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:33 AM

Quote - The Color the Site works wonders!

it really is a terrific little tool.  i use it for "that other site" and have changed their way too bright site into one that has a deep teal background with soft aqua text.

so as i mentioned above, if you use Firefox, give this little add-on a try.

Shiroyama ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 10:55 AM

well, i'm not liking it at all, either (and i don't use firefox, so no easy colour change, sadly!).  

it's a terrible blue, it overpowers the gallery thumbnails.  and the front page looks --- well, flat and cluttered at the same time!  i'm not sure how to explain it.... it feels kind of generic.  yes, if i force myself to keep coming here, i may "get used to it" -- but i don't think i will ever like it.  

oh well.  between this and daz's new site change, i've certainly got more money staying in my pocket lately....

MSTene ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:39 AM

Have to agree the Blue is making my eyes cross, and scrolling thru things is really awful. 

At least give us an option to customize/change colors? 

hewee ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:40 AM

I had it to show gallery images full size. But now the images have the ads over top of them on the right side.

Now you can click the image to open in a new window and that shows the image only but the new window opens to a set size and for bigger images you again have to maximize the window. Then scroll only if it's bigger then your screen setting and monitor.

I have a 22" widescreen set at 1280x768.

OK images open up to a set size but not wider then the top menu

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:15 PM
Site Admin

Unfortunately it hurts badly my eyes too Stacey! :( :(

Turquoise is my favorite color as all shades of blue.. but unfortunately looks that they don't work at all for an art site! It's not at all neutral and looks awful in contrast with product thumbs and gallery art images unless their color scheme is white or green! :(

Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:17 PM
Site Admin

One more comment... the site used to fill up my browser window.. now there are blue WIDE empty borders in both sides of the screen.. :(

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Laylah ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:28 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:29 PM

Uhh yeah this colors actually give me a headache reading the lighter blue with white text is absolutely horrendous it will significantly impact the time I spend here. it looks like a cheap wordpress layout...

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:31 PM

now I've over-ridden the blue to a nice grey / black and white colour scheme, it's nice.

WildDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:44 PM

Hate it! I'll have to start using Firefox so I can change these awful colors.

Angelsfury2004 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:45 PM

I think the reason it is hurting people's eyes is because the galleries still have the old blue, and the two colors seem to "fight" on another, if that makes sense. Also I want to point out that it was difficult for me to post here. I had to try several times clicking the box to get the curser in there. same with Sitemail... had to click in the box a few times...

-renapd- ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:45 PM
Site Admin

Kaibach.. none argues about the design.. change is welcome, just the colors! Something neutral like the old good familiar ones for those of us we use Internet Explorer! :(

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Notilize ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 12:48 PM

Quote - Kaibach.. none argues about the design.. change is welcome, just the colors! Something neutral like the old good familiar ones for those of us we use Internet Explorer! :(

I agree. The only thing that needs to be changed is the color. Please!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:03 PM

Attached Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/color-that-site/

can't help with IE.. but on Firefox, I'm using the link (thanks to a great friend that!)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:18 PM

Because of the way the site is done, previously visited links are not getting their colour changed as they would in straight HTML. That means you can't pick out threads that you were interested in (or at least that have been visited before) as readily.

BenBischop ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:18 PM

how do you get the old settings back, there must be an option?? this is not beautiful...

FrankT ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:22 PM

I actually rather like the new colours - guess I must be the only one (or more likely the people who actually like the new site design aren't posting to say that)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:30 PM

at least it does not giggle anymore.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:30 PM

Or maybe it still does, I think I just saw it when I posted above.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:33 PM

My Local Wal-Mart recently painted the outside of the store Tan…And just when I thought it couldn’t get any worse…they changed the color of the floor tile and laid that cheap laminate simulated wood floor in the baby department…

I guess some other store is going to get my money from now on…unless they change it back to something more to my liking that is…

8 )

Tom 

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

aksirp ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:33 PM

file_470629.jpg

the blue is to straight as frame for our artists! but RR is the boss...;)

kgb224 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:36 PM

The blue color is a bit hard on the eye.

I also have the same problem with the advirtesmant on the picture.

I also cannt see the picture fully.

auntietk ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:37 PM

Ahhh ... we'll get used to it. 

Well, that's a relief!

Hope it happens soon ...

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

jayfar ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:38 PM

I am getting the same as carolsassy and am thinking of pulling out altogether. this has been reported and Kristi is aware but nothing appears to be happening. Can we revert to the start of June?

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:47 PM

Jayfar this is fixed for you

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:49 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:50 PM

I vote no.

It looks cheap and very basic "Go Daddy" template-like.

What a mess.....

~A~

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

jayfar ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:53 PM

At last, thankyou Stacey and my goodness that was quick.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.