Sun, May 5, 6:30 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 05 11:57 am)

Subject: What the heck happened to Apollo Maximus??

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 9:32 AM

Hi Boni. Problem I have is like that scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark - there's a cardboard box in a room, surrounded by other boxes all the same size & shape, in which there's a storage drive with all my old Apollo files. It was a chaotic move to a new house which we're in the middle of renovating.

That said I'd still be up for supporting Apollo if the demand is there, especially with morphs. I'd probably prefer to do custom morph-brush head sculpts these days, but so long out of the software I'd need help getting those into a pose-ready file (I used to do PMDs but my documentation for all that is long gone).

I'll keep digging to see if I can find any of my old stuff in the cloud. I did about 4 or 5 freebies - mostly ADS morph pose sets but also some miscellaneous PMD morph/character sets. Some were better than others. There was a wrinkle displacement map in one (still have that in a texture bin on this PC) that I used for my older characters. I think the werewolf and the alien were put up too. Frankly if they've become unavailable due to hosting changes etc and anyone just has these sitting on their system I'm more than happy for them to be shared (probably need them myself!).

Last contact I had with Anton was on FB some years ago - he'd definitely 'moved on' from 3d at that point but who knows eh.

PoserPro2014(Sr4), Win7 x64, display units set to inches.

www.danielroseartnew.weebly.com

Boni ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 10:41 AM

Good to know all the background ... I'm currently in contact with Anton and there is a hint of interest from him to ... spark, if we have enough interest. He just doesn't want to let things get set in stone at this point. So nothing is for certain, but not out of the realm of possibility. Sorry to be so cryptic, but that's what he prefers at this time. That is why I'm keeping this thread going. To present to him as a ... temptation. 😄

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 10:55 AM

I've actually just found one of the dev files I was working on for a handful of head sculpts. Some have head/neck transitions so if there were likely to be any changes to topology or rigging that would affect what I'd already done I'd need to know. Definitely up for creating some refined head (& possibly body) morphs though. Would love to see Apollo weight-mapped.

carodan ( ) posted Mon, 12 October 2015 at 8:50 PM

Apollo2015_DEV.jpgOldMan_New.jpg

Couple more renders - quick series of some of the characters in my old dev file, and a more resolved one of my fav old guy from when PP2012 first touched down. Just to stir the pot.

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 13 October 2015 at 8:36 AM

Wow ... I am sooooo impressed. This is amazing! You are a master!

Boni

elena_c ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2015 at 2:13 PM

I did this one just now. Apollo is Face Room compatible, which affords a lot of freedom, even without any modelling software. Apollo with my character morph, AprilYSH Glyn hair, scene from Poserworld, Stock pose, adjusted a bit. All materials adjusted for Octane. Rendered in Octane.

apm_sherlock05.jpg

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2015 at 3:30 PM

Another beauty ... nice composition and ... prop placement. 😉

Boni

LeeMoon ( ) posted Wed, 14 October 2015 at 9:25 PM

Apollo/Cole with my Matthew Rush morph dialed in. Rendered in Poser Pro 2014 with minor postwork done in Adobe Elements 10.

MatthewRushInChair1.jpg

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2015 at 1:05 PM

I've located my original MoonToons zip file and will be uploading it to Freestuff here on Renderosity later today.

Do note that these morph poses require Cole for Apollo by Capsces. I'm not sure where Cole is being offered for sale these days (if at all.) Beth does have some free downloads on the Capsces website with items for Apollo/Cole.

With that said, I'll post a message here when the MoonToons morph pose set is up in Freestuff.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2015 at 3:30 PM

The MoonToons morphs pack has been submitted to Freestuff here and is awaiting approval. I suspect it will be available shortly. Thank you for the interest in these morphs. :)

duanemoody ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2015 at 4:40 PM

Boni posted at 2:38PM Thu, 15 October 2015 - #4233344

Good to know all the background ... I'm currently in contact with Anton and there is a hint of interest from him to ... spark, if we have enough interest. He just doesn't want to let things get set in stone at this point. So nothing is for certain, but not out of the realm of possibility. Sorry to be so cryptic, but that's what he prefers at this time. That is why I'm keeping this thread going. To present to him as a ... temptation. 😄

The part I find incredulous is that a hairdresser didn't do that many hair props. He's arguably more qualified than most 3D developers to rule that market.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2015 at 6:39 PM
Site Admin

Actually Anton is the ultimate Renaissance Poser man. He did everything from modeling humans, creatures, plants, props, hair, morphing, texturing, lights, clothing, you name it and he's done it. Back in the P4 days the first things I got from PFO fun stuff (as it was called then) and from the Props Guild were from Anton. And when he took on the Platinum Club most of the items on offer there were by him not to mention his involvement with V3 who was nothing like the previous Millennium woman. If only SM had the brains to have him create the next Poser characters and related content.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 15 October 2015 at 8:26 PM

I believe that my Apollo/Cole morph pack is up in Freestuff now. Search for "moontoons" and you should find it.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2015 at 7:20 AM

LeeMoon posted at 8:18AM Fri, 16 October 2015 - #4233824

Do note that these morph poses require Cole for Apollo by Capsces. I'm not sure where Cole is being offered for sale these days (if at all.) Beth does have some free downloads on the Capsces website with items for Apollo/Cole.

As far as I know, Cole is not presently available. Has anyone contacted her about re-releasing him?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

mackis3D ( ) posted Fri, 16 October 2015 at 10:02 AM

@elena_c

You have a displacement map for Apollo Maximus? The arms look great with it!

LeeMoon ( ) posted Sat, 17 October 2015 at 4:48 PM

This is a mildly tweaked version of one of the MoonToon character morphs. Apollo plays the role of Hercules. :-) ColeHercuLeesYounger1.jpg

quietrob ( ) posted Sun, 18 October 2015 at 10:33 PM

Those Muscle Morphs are amazing! Are they currently available?

elena_c ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 2:12 AM

mackis3D posted at 2:09AM Mon, 19 October 2015 - #4233922

@elena_c

You have a displacement map for Apollo Maximus? The arms look great with it!

Hi mackis3D, Thanks! Yes, the displacement map I'm using comes with Apollo; it's in the texture folder and is, I think, automatically loaded if you use the material room to load body maps. I haven't rendered in Poser for a while, though, so I'm not sure.

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 12:13 PM

quietrob posted at 12:05PM Mon, 19 October 2015 - #4234214

Those Muscle Morphs are amazing! Are they currently available?

Hi there quietrob! If you're talking about the morphs in my renders, the answer is yes (sort of.) You can download my MoonToons morph poses here in Freestuff. However, you need to have the Cole morphs for Apollo to make them work properly. I'm not sure if Cole is still available or not (the vendor is Capsces.) Beth's morph work for Cole is amazing. My MoonToons poses only set the parameter dials to create the various characters and as such rely on both Anton's original morphs for Apollo as well as Beth's Cole morphs.

On another note, the Matthew Rush morph is not included with the MoonToons morph pose pack. Perhaps if there was enough interest in it, I might release that morph pose separately.

Anyway, I hope some of you will find the MoonToons morph poses interesting and use them to create your own cool characters. I'd love to see what you all come up with. :-)

LeeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 19 October 2015 at 4:04 PM

The SurferDude.

SurferDude2015-1.jpg

elena_c ( ) posted Tue, 03 November 2015 at 2:51 PM

Bumping up this thread with another Apollo render in Octane. Mertail by OKCRandy, morph and pose is mine. Environment is DNA Microcosm, Poser Naturals, and Poser primitives with Octane shaders. An HDRI and an infinite light. All shaders adjusted for Octane.

mersherlock03_c.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 10:18 AM · edited Sat, 21 November 2015 at 10:19 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

ween.png

Had to wait on this one for the challenge to be judged.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 21 November 2015 at 4:21 PM

Wow, can't wait to see Apollo in Poser 11/pro!!

Boni

Maladjuster ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2015 at 12:08 AM

For those of you with deviantart.com accounts, there are a couple of Apollo Maximus groups at DA:

http://maximumapollo.deviantart.com/

and

http://apollomaximus-fans.deviantart.com/

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 18 December 2015 at 5:37 AM

Hmmm ... hope Anton knows about these. Perhaps I'll let him know. after the holidays.

Boni

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 8:37 AM

BUMP !!

Eternal Hobbyist

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 8:53 AM

Good move! At the moment, just to let you know that Anton has no current plans to work on Apollo, hopefully that can change. But we can still enjoy what we have and share our renders!!!

Boni

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 11:41 AM

I downloaded the AM files from where they currently are on the web (hbore's web page?). The zip file had zip files inside that need a password to open. Anybody know what's up with this?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

drafter69 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 11:54 AM

I love Apollo and use him frequently. I do not understand what happened but I certainly hope that Anton will return to his very creative skills.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 12:11 PM

Not related to Apollo but regarding Anton...

Ages back, I was looking for a hair type and found exactly what I needed. Unfortunately, it wasn't available any more, so I contacted the creator - Anton - and asked if he'd be willing to sell it to me. Nope, he would not, he gave it me for free. Nice, kind guy, as well as very talented. Hope he returns to the fray.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 12:23 PM

ghostship2 posted at 11:23AM Thu, 01 December 2016 - #4291608

I downloaded the AM files from where they currently are on the web (hbore's web page?). The zip file had zip files inside that need a password to open. Anybody know what's up with this?

Ok I figured out where to find the password. expanding files now.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 2:46 PM

Oh, bother ... forgot about that. Let me get back to you as quickly as I can. I get that for you.

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hello ... Password: allfilesarecopyrightprotected

Boni

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 3:03 PM

Anton said the zips could be redistributed ... but NOT repackaged. That is why the unusual zip nesting. Just for your information.

Boni

adh3d ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 6:30 PM

For general information, you can download apollo from my site too (core files), I zip the 4 original zip files in one file for easier download 😄

adh3d website

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 6:42 PM

@Boni You are always super helpful! Thanks!

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 7:05 PM

I'm still sipping that wonderful cup of coffee. 😉

Boni

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 01 December 2016 at 11:24 PM

first render with Apollo Maximus

Apollo Maximus 1.jpg

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2016 at 1:53 PM

Boni posted at 2:52PM Fri, 02 December 2016 - #4291670

Isn't it ice coffee by now? 😄

ghostship2 ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2016 at 2:13 PM

EClark1894 posted at 1:12PM Fri, 02 December 2016 - #4291738

Boni posted at 2:52PM Fri, 02 December 2016 - #4291670

Isn't it ice coffee by now? 😄

no there is a new version to download! Just uploaded it today.

Boni ( ) posted Fri, 02 December 2016 at 3:34 PM

And the cream is a little rancid, but hea, it was a gift and I'm not complaining.

Boni

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 10 December 2016 at 12:41 AM

ghostship2 posted at 10:40PM Fri, 09 December 2016 - #4291684

first render with Apollo Maximus

Apollo Maximus 1.jpg

Looks great! Nice to know he ported over to Poser 11 with no problems.

lonelybat1989 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2018 at 6:33 AM

Zombie thread!

So, after not having AM for many years, eventually deleting him from my runtime due to lack of clothes, I've recently reinstalled Apollo. The lack of clothing will no longer be an issue, since I have all the XD licenses. However... his facial expressions are a little... limited. Are there add ons that add more flexablity to the lips and eyebrows? Or am I going to be resigned to scuplting the needed expressions in zBrush?

Other than that: Wow. I was stupid for uninstalling him all those years ago. Great figure. I have a feeling I'll be utilizing him ALOT.

adzan ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2018 at 10:17 AM · edited Mon, 22 January 2018 at 10:21 AM

lonelybat1989 posted at 9:45AM Mon, 22 January 2018 - #4322730

Zombie thread!

So, after not having AM for many years, eventually deleting him from my runtime due to lack of clothes, I've recently reinstalled Apollo. The lack of clothing will no longer be an issue, since I have all the XD licenses. However... his facial expressions are a little... limited. Are there add ons that add more flexablity to the lips and eyebrows? Or am I going to be resigned to scuplting the needed expressions in zBrush?

Other than that: Wow. I was stupid for uninstalling him all those years ago. Great figure. I have a feeling I'll be utilizing him ALOT.

Hi. Apollo includes 17 expressions - you can view them by selecting his head and they are listed next to the dials starting with Exp. So ExpEyesFear; ExpSmile01 etc etc..

Carodan included some expressions in some of his free morph sets - his website is down but you can get the sets from the wayback machine site here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080701035608/http://carodan.blackraven3d.com/

the PoserAddicts internet store has some expression sets available for sale - Just type apollo maximus in the search box on the left of their store web page and look for expression or mood sets by Ixdon, RxD, Teris and Yve.

Sadly quite a few of the Apollo Maximus free items listed in the Renderosity Freestuff section have dead links.

lonelybat1989 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2018 at 10:50 AM · edited Mon, 22 January 2018 at 10:58 AM

Well... to zBrush I go. Thanks for the links!

So, in these links, It looks like they are just presets for thew already existing morphs... not new morph target for say a smirk, or smile left and right. I'll be making those. I can post em if anyone is interested ing them

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2018 at 5:56 PM

lonelybat1989 posted at 4:55PM Mon, 22 January 2018 - #4322750

So, in these links, It looks like they are just presets for thew already existing morphs... not new morph target for say a smirk, or smile left and right. I'll be making those. I can post em if anyone is interested ing them

I would be interested in them. - I like using all figures, it helps build diversity in my character sets.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2018 at 7:29 PM

ssgbryan posted at 7:28PM Mon, 22 January 2018 - #4322775

I would be interested in them. - I like using all figures, it helps build diversity in my character sets.

Noted! So... where can I get this Cole package I've heard about for AM?

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2018 at 7:29 PM

ssgbryan posted at 7:28PM Mon, 22 January 2018 - #4322775

Noted! So... where can I get this Cole package I've heard about for AM?

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 4:27 AM · edited Wed, 24 January 2018 at 4:36 AM

Ok, so I should clarify. I'm also lonelybat1989. I was posting at work, and like a dolt forgot my log in info, so I created another account. Like I said, I'm a dolt.

Anywho. I've created around 30 new expession dials for AM. AM.pngAM2.pngAM3.png

There are still some I'm working on, Like Cheek balloon, and pucker. What do you guys think so far?

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2018 at 4:43 AM · edited Wed, 24 January 2018 at 4:44 AM

Update

AM4.png

AM5.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.