Fri, May 17, 5:33 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 2:35 am)

Subject: Vue 3D Comic Manaul Now Shipping

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 4:53 PM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 5:02 AM

Hey folks. E-on is finally shipping the 120 page full-color instructional Graphic Manual I've been working on for this past year. The comic has over 500 pictures, renders and diagrams. 

It's the primary reason I've been a bit MIA lately. Hopefully, now I can get back to updating VuePaks and posting new renders Wink 

Create 3D like a Superhero is chock-full of most of the stuff I've learned over the years creating 3D in Vue-- worth a gander... 

More details can be found at: 

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/training/superhero.php

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 5:44 PM · edited Mon, 19 July 2010 at 5:45 PM

Looks like fun readin and a lot of Vue learning. I know you've put a lot of hard work into this, and I wish you all the best with it. A must have for every Vue beginner, and I'm sure there is a lot more than just basics in here.
And I'm glad it's finished, so we can see you more around!

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 9:29 PM

Thanks Bruno. FYI, It's not just for beginners. There's advanced chapters on modeling and rendering Interiors including a troubleshooting guide for inside renders. I won't be updating InteriorPak because I put in the latest thinking and work I've done with Interiors in this book.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Mon, 19 July 2010 at 9:32 PM

Wooo you sneaky beggar! ;)
Well done bud and thank goodness you did it in a fun/easy format, as 3D is incredibly daunting for most folk to begin with.

Tried hard for years ot get folk into it, but they often think it's too complex, tuts are too archaic etc.
Generally folk dont' realize what they are capable of and are put off by fear, alas. So this is cool! :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 8:46 AM

Hi Chipp!  The book looks great!  Bet it will sell out quick. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

forester ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 10:43 AM

I just ordered my copy. Shipping charges are a bit steep, but I'm sure this comic book will be well worth the price. 

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 3:18 PM

Pam,
Do you mind me asking, what were the shipping charges?

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 3:53 PM

$11 UPS ground.

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 3:54 PM

Ouch.

Yes, that is way out of line. I'll contact e-on immediately about this.

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 4:11 PM

Well, I haven't heard back from e-on on this, but I did go to both UPS and the US Postal Service, and the price is pretty much right on for a package of that size. Now, I suspect there are discounts for volume shipping, etc, but I'm not sure there's much which can be done.

FWIW, the book is printed on gloss paper with an ultra heavyweight stock for the cover. It's a nice print job and sending it only in an envelope would probably do damage to it. 

If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 4:21 PM

Chipp
well I HATE having artbooks damaged when the younger DUMBASS postman shoves 'em through the letterbox....GAH!!! :/

amazon wraps 'em up well so they usually avoid harm, but say you get an Ebay item, it may be wrapped reasonably well, but not with the surround spacing of cardboard that amazon has.

Smart book sellers will put a book in an envelope with a "larger than the book itself sized" piece of cardboard
if shoved through letterbox, the cardboard takes the brunt of the fall, otherwise, you get corners of the book busted.

UPS iirc delivers to the person, not letterbox? so, avoids that but is more expensive.
:)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 20 July 2010 at 4:31 PM

For a heavy book shipped in a box with tracking number - not too bad out of line.  Media mail is way too slow and not that much less in price.  I'd rather have is shipped quick and get it in one piece.

ddaydreams ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 4:54 PM · edited Wed, 21 July 2010 at 5:05 PM

Hi Chipp
FYI

If I click one of the thumbnail sample pages of this book at e-on
I get an error.

"Error 406 Not Acceptable Extension
Not Acceptable Extension
Guru Meditation:
XID: 197514734"

I do NOT get a larger image. I'm using the latest Firefox.

I think their link is written bad.

Here's the bad link to page 7 as it shows in my browser. I copied and pasted here.

javascript:OpenWindow('http://static3.e-onsoftware.net/products/training/comic/Page_7.jpg',%20627,%20828,%20'')

I shortened it to this below in my address bar to force it to display.Then I could see the page big page

http://static3.e-onsoftware.net/products/training/comic/Page_7.jpg

Just a heads up
Frank

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

tsquare ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 7:22 PM

Congrats on your book!  Sounds like a lot of work was put into it!  she heads to Cornycopia for her own copy

Teque

tsquare ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 8:05 PM

Errr.. nevermind.. it isn't from Cornycopia, but direct from Eon.. doh... they want to charge me 52-70 bucks for shipping.  It may be that things are getting steep, but I don't believe in spending much more shipping than what the item I am shipping is.  Sorry

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2010 at 8:56 PM

Hi Frank,

I've checked it out on three different browsers (including Firefox) on two different OS'es, and can't reproduce the javascript issue you talk about. Can you refresh that page and try again?

Hi Teque,

Where do you live? That charge does sound ridiculous. I'll be seeing the e-on folks directly next week and will check out what the issue is. Perhaps we can do something about it.

best,
Chipp

ddaydreams ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 10:29 AM

Quote -  Hi Frank,

I've checked it out on three different browsers (including Firefox) on two different OS'es, and can't reproduce the javascript issue you talk about. Can you refresh that page and try again?

best,
Chipp

Refreshed and problem remains.
Same problem  in google chrome and IE explorer version that came with windows 7.

Same with all browsers on my older xp system

The e-on site in general also has not displayed right in any browser or system of mine for months.
The fact that the whole site displays poorly may have something to do with the thumbnail problem.

when I go to www.e-onsoftware.com

I get a long string of maybe 50 links. I have to scroll down past the links to get to the pages graphics which are not quite right either.

Anybody else been having a problem viewing with www.e-onsoftware.com ? such as garbled graphics and links spraling all over. I mean it looks like bad HTML as if a child was trying to make a web page.

Frank Hawkins/Owner/DigitalDaydreams

Frank_Hawkins_Design

Frank Lee Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery Store

My U.S.A eBay Graphics Software Store~~ My International eBay Graphics Software Store

volter ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2010 at 1:38 PM

Chipp, you rocks! love your book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chippwalters ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2010 at 2:51 AM

Thanks volter. Did you already get your copy?

volter ( ) posted Sat, 24 July 2010 at 10:12 AM

Ami orderer, but i am not yet have on hands. Plus we will be gone all week at Siggraph, so time to wait ... :(

forester ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2010 at 12:19 PM

I Got Mine!!!!!!!

Chipp, it is beautiful!  So much better  in glossy print than was the *.pdf.  Nice medium size to fit on the shelf and on the desk. Great layouts. It has been a long time since I've read a book that is pumped up with positive attitude all the way through.

Great Job!

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2010 at 1:29 PM

Thanks Pam! Hope you liked the section on troubleshooting Interior Renders. Just got back from SigGraph and saw Peggy there!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.