Sat, Jul 27, 12:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

What is Cornucopia3D ?
What is the meaning of 'Vue d'esprit' ?
What can I find about Vue at Renderosity ?
Isn't Renderosity a public forum ? Shouldn't I be allowed to say whatever I want ?
Can someone tell me what the manual says ? can someone give me a copy of Vue or a valid serial number ?
I am receiving abusive Instant Messages / Gallery Comment . What can I do ?
What is the purpose of the Vue Forum ?
Why are my comments being deleted ?
Why was my new post moved to another forum ?
What is the Vue Challenge ?
What is the purpose of the Vue Gallery ?
I have problems with the gallery. What am I doing wrong ?
Why was my picture deleted or moved ?
Is there any restriction to what makes a Vue Image ?
What about Postwork ? or Poser figures ?
What about using photographs of real clouds instead of using Vue's skies ?
What is the Vue Backroom
What is the Image of the week ?
What is the Vue Community Page ?
My copy of Vue is crashing randomly
The viewports display weird shapes or do not update correctly.
Other common questions

About Vue

What is Vue ?

Vue d'esprit was originally a 'landscape' software similar to Bryce. It has since evolved into multiple products :

• Vue 6 Esprit - 3D scenery product with editable terrains and realistic atmospheres and plants.
  • Vue 6 Pro Studio - bundle including Vue 5 and additional modules available separately (Ecosystems, Mover, Botanica, Deep Access and Light Tune)
  • Vue 6 Infinite - full featured version with Ecosystem materials, additional import / export capabilities, improved interface and much more
  • Vue 6 xStream- a plugin to integrate Vue within 3D Studi Max and Maya. The plugin will work as a smealess composite rendering layer insite the host application.
  • Vue Easel - A simplified version of Vue 6 perfect for initiations to creating 3D images.
  • Ozone - atmospheric plugins for Lightwave and Cinema4D

To simplifiy the discussion between these products, 'Vue' applies most of the time to Vue Esprit and Vue Infinite , and sometimes, to the satellite products, Ozone and Mover.

To help you better understand the differences between versions, a comparison chart is available at e-on software website.

What is Cornucopia3D ?

Cornucopia3D is e-on software's official online store, community and gallery. The community features discussion forums, tutorials and user galleries.

Where can I find official support for Vue ?

The official e-on software website provides complete information about about the Vue product line and Ozone.

You can find Technical Support from e-on directly on the official website. Make sure to have your serial number ahdny before registering for the user forum. When you go to the Support page, just click on "Contact a Sales Rep" or "Contact a Technician" to post your question directly. This will avoid you having to search through common solutions and knowledge base by letting you select the product and filling out the question form directly. You can also call e-on software at 503 702 9698 (US) or +33 1 4314 2815 (Europe)

You can also learn how to use Vue by watching the many Official Tutorials.

If you have specific questions about Vue and Vue pro, or other e-on products, you can start with the following links :

Finally, you can Submit images to e-on software for the Picture of the day section.

If you want to know what others are saying about Vue, just check out e-on software press reviews

What is the meaning of 'Vue Esprit' ?

'Vue Esprit' is a derivative from 'Vue d'esprit' or french for 'View from the mind', a meaning close to 'inspiration'. Unsurprisingly, e-on software's moto is 'Beyond Inspiration TM'.

Vue at Renderosity

What can I find about Vue at Renderosity ?

The Vue Community at Renderosity is almost as old as the site itself.

Renderosity provides us with a Forum to share tips and experience, a Gallery to expose our works, Tutorials to learn from each other, a Freestuff area to share free items, and finally the Backroom, a storage area for useful files and resources.

Don't forget to check out the Vue section of the Marketplace if you wish to extend your collection by purchasing additional items.

The Vue Forum and related pages at Renderosity is currently coordinated by thefixer.

Isn't Renderosity a public forum ? Shouldn't I be allowed to say whatever I want ?

You are entitled to your opinion and free to express it, but you are also free to face the consequences.

Renderosity is owned by a private company (Bondware Inc) who pays for bandwith, storage (and with thousands of images uploaded every day, we are talking about serious storage) and provides an infrastructure for members to sell their own products through the Marketplace.

Bondware Inc. also happens to be located in Tennessee, USA, and has to comply with local laws as well.

To help moderators, coordinators and other administrators of the site, Renderosity is providing a series of rules of conduct knows as Terms Of Service (TOS in short), which you should have read and agreed to upon registering as a member.

If you did not read the TOS, please take a minute and check it out again. It will help you greatly while interacting with other members.

Can someone tell me what the manual says ? can someone give me a copy of Vue or a valid serial number ?

Go no further! you are out of luck. Renderosity has a Zero Tolerance policy about copyright infringement, and in particular, illegal copies of software.

If you do not have the manual and / or a valid (unique) serial number of Ve, chances are your copy is illegal.

That is usually the case if :

• you are using a copy downloaded for free from a 'warez' website
  • a friend installed his copy on your PC just so you can try it
  • you bought a PC fro a friend and it came with Vue already installed
  • you have installed multiple copies of the same software on multiple machines of a local network (check out e-on's license for networked use).

What if you just want to check out what Vue looks like ?

Evaluation copies are available on e-on software website if you want to give Vue a try. You can also find free copies of older versions of Vue in some issues of magazines such as 3D World in U.K and U.S for example .

I am receiving abusive Instant Messages / Gallery Comment . What can I do ?

Report the abuse to the forum moderator, or if you do not receive a quick response, another moderator of Renderosity. They will be able to help better if you let them know as early as possible.

Vue Forum

What is the purpose of the Vue Forum ?

The Vue Forum provides members with a place to discuss subjects related to Vue, exchange ideas and tips, show their work in progress, ask questions and help reach other.

Why are my comments being deleted ?

Beyond the occasional network glitch, you will find your comments may be deleted for several reasons.

Most of the time, there will be a reason related to the Terms Of Service. Either your comment was interpreted as a violation of the TOS (as a personal attack against another member for example), or it was an answer to another comment deletd for that reason. In that case, deleting your comment may be necessary to preserve the readability of the forum.

We will try hard to avoid any censorship. Which means that you are free to discuss problems about the software as long as they are argumented and presented in a civilized way.

Why was my new post moved to another forum ?

Renderosity has specialized forums for particular function such as Contests, Commercial Announcements, Out fo Topic discussions, etc...

It is sometimes necessary to move a conversation to another forum if it makes more sense to see it as part of a special function.

What is the Vue Challenge ?

The Vue Challenge is a monthly friendly contest where members can pratice their skills on a theme selected by the winner of the previous contest.

Check out the Challenge page for more details about rules and past challenges.

Vue Gallery

What is the purpose of the Vue Gallery ?

The Vue Gallery allows members to display their creations. Other members have the option to leave comments and / or vote for each picture as part of the Hot 20 system.

I have problems with the gallery. What am I doing wrong ?

You can start by this quick tutorial on How to load images to the Renderosity gallery, how does it work? (tutorial)

If you are using Photoshop, you will want to check out this discussion: WHY DOESN'T MY IMAGES UPLOAD TO RENDEROSITY??

Why was my picture deleted or moved ?

As with comments in the forum, images are subject to the Terms Of Service. They can also be moved by moderators to another gallery if necessary.

Is there any restriction to what makes a Vue Image ?

The traffic in the Vue Gallery is such that we can adopt a very loose definition of what makes a Vue image (if there is such a thing).

As long as your image as a significant amount of work done with Vue, it is welcome in the gallery.

What about Postwork ? or Poser figures ?

What matters is your image and how Vue was used making it. Imported figures are part of the process of making a 3D scene. Besides, Vue comes standard with a few figures originally coming from Poser.

What about using photographs of real clouds instead of using Vue's skies ?

You may hear comments about how Vue images with photographs of real clouds taking large portions of the sky do not reflect what Vue can do.

There are two answers to that . First, the technique used to create that effect (alpha-planes) is using tools made available by Vue, so it does show what Vue can do. Second, the gallery is not a display of what Vue can do as a software - there is a special gallery for that on e-on software website, where postwork is not allowed for that very reason. The gallery at renderosity is here to allow you to show what you can do.

Vue Backroom

What is the Vue Backroom

The Vue Backroom is a place where you can find additional information about Vue. You will find there:

• links to free stoftware, textures and models.
  • a collection of tips and techniques from past discussions in the forum
  • links to tutorials and personal home pages of Vue users.

What is the Image of the week ?

The purpose of this page is to showcase a picture from the past week that hasn't received the attention it deserves. This picture is selected by the moderator every Friday.

Vue Community Page

What is the Vue Community Page ?

The Vue Community page is there to provide you with quick links to the main areas of the Vue Community at Renderosity. You can use it as a default start page if you want.

Vue d'esprit / Vue pro

My copy of Vue is crashing randomly

This problem can have several origins.

Some people reported third party software interfering with Vue - try disabling other programs you may have running in the background and see if it improves Vue's stability.

You can also check if your machine is up to the task you are trying to do. If your scene has several Poser figures and multiple lights, you may not have enough memory to handle it. There again, the orfficial FAQ may help you.

Finally, it could be a hardware issue with your video card, especially if you are using Open GL display. Check out the next question for more details about Open GL.

The viewports display weird shapes or do not update correctly.

Make sure you have installed the latest drivers for your video card as well as the latest update of Vue (check the top of this FAQ for links to the latest versions).

You can easily find out if OpenGL is creating these issues on your machine by disabling it from the Preferences menu. If it does, try disabling the option 'Use background thread' in the Display settings. It is known to create issues on some systems.

A while ago, we held an informal survey about Video Cards compatibility with Vue's OpenGL (please add your own card if it IS compatible).

Other common questions

Check out the ArchTips page in the Vue Backroom to start with...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.