Tue, May 14, 1:19 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 13 5:31 pm)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 4:36 PM

Omg, *blushes* yes, in fact, I was making lunch...

*looks 'GOOD'*

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 5:22 PM · edited Sat, 19 August 2023 at 5:22 PM

Rhia474 posted at 4:36 PM Sat, 19 August 2023 - #4473003

Omg, *blushes* yes, in fact, I was making lunch...

*looks 'GOOD'*

wiidsW6hsKdnsmzy6BrBtoVHwqGJpW2Px17Pja2T.gif

fine: I'm not alone UXeKR5fNLviBfpOZnJ3lg3eYOWTgJ6AmEfDBqdYJ.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 8:49 PM

Rhia474 posted at 11:26 AM Sat, 19 August 2023 - #4472960

That lip is nice and softly transitioned now, I think you got it; the freckles look food (a bit overlarge for what I have and know regarding face freckles, may be wrong) it's the hair that breaks the immersion with those highlights...

Thanks Rhia! I'll have to go look at some references for the freckles to understand the sizes, shapes and colorations better. Just for research purposes, obviously, nothing weird about staring at lots of freckled people on the interwebs. 😁

Also, Antonia definitely needs better hair for her future adventures. Any recommendations?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 9:05 PM

I absolutely love all the hairs Afrodite-Ohki makes, but you'd need to fit them to Antonia. They are great in Poser 12 and 13 Superfly.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2023 at 9:47 PM

Rhia474 posted at 9:05 PM Sat, 19 August 2023 - #4473047

I absolutely love all the hairs Afrodite-Ohki makes, but you'd need to fit them to Antonia. They are great in Poser 12 and 13 Superfly.

Thanks, I'll have a look. Ohki makes great stuff.

I've also been thinking about trying out the new Blender tools to make an original hair piece for Toni and import it into Poser. Has anyone tried something like that before?

odf ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 4:08 AM · edited Sun, 20 August 2023 at 4:08 AM

So, I made a simple material layer that darkens the lip material just enough to make the bright outline disappear. The current version does not use a mask, so it makes the lips themselves a little darker, too, not just the narrow strip of skin around them, which is okay for me personally. If someone would prefer to leave the lips as they are, it should be easy enough to make a mask for that.

Now my question is whether I should publish that layer on its own or just pack it up with the freckles and makeup when I freestuff those.

My other question is whether it's worth the effort to support FireFly in those layers. I don't really use it, so my materials are probably rubbish in FF, but so far at least I tend to make them so that they render something resembling what I had in mind. I think only supporting SuperFly for layers is a bit easier because I can use a MixClosure with a mask (not tested, I just *seem* to remember that that's a thing) instead of applying the same mask to a number of individual channels in the material root, which if one is me means one invariable forgets some.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 4:38 AM
Forum Coordinator

I'd say best keep lips and freckles apart, unless of course the limits of OpenGL start playing havock. If anyone for any other reason wants to reduce the number of texture maps, they can simply merge them in any graphical editor.

I would not pain on FF anymore. Just use a basic shader, no faked SSS etc.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 5:12 AM
FVerbaas posted at 4:38 AM Sun, 20 August 2023 - #4473088

I'd say best keep lips and freckles apart, unless of course the limits of OpenGL start playing havock. If anyone for any other reason wants to reduce the number of texture maps, they can simply merge them in any graphical editor.

I would not pain on FF anymore. Just use a basic shader, no faked SSS etc.

Oh, I didn't mean to put the lips and freckles on the same layer, just inside the same FreeStuff item. Everything will of course be on a separate layer loaded by a separate file: lip fix, lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, freckles.

Anyway, here's the full glow-up, as I believe the cool kids call it these days. I bought Catarina hair by Afrodite-Ohki today, and I'm in love.

ItgVTxd2Sgu5zj1FUtTcxE00HT5HwqRnPTyre1sW.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 6:37 AM
odf posted at 4:08 AM Sun, 20 August 2023 - #4473087

So, I made a simple material layer that darkens the lip material just enough to make the bright outline disappear. The current version does not use a mask, so it makes the lips themselves a little darker, too, not just the narrow strip of skin around them, which is okay for me personally. If someone would prefer to leave the lips as they are, it should be easy enough to make a mask for that.

Now my question is whether I should publish that layer on its own or just pack it up with the freckles and makeup when I freestuff those.

My other question is whether it's worth the effort to support FireFly in those layers. I don't really use it, so my materials are probably rubbish in FF, but so far at least I tend to make them so that they render something resembling what I had in mind. I think only supporting SuperFly for layers is a bit easier because I can use a MixClosure with a mask (not tested, I just *seem* to remember that that's a thing) instead of applying the same mask to a number of individual channels in the material root, which if one is me means one invariable forgets some.

You may get a hint for a rather good-looking FF material set, using EZSkin.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

odf ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 8:25 AM

You don’t understand. I have exactly zero interest in FireFly materials. Ever since I returned to Poser, I’ve effectively been making Superfly materials while restricting myself to nodes that I assume FireFly will also render, and that feels increasingly pointless. What I’m considering is giving up on that half-arsed FF support and just using whichever node gets me where I want the easiest.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 10:27 AM

Switch from the PoserSurface node to the PhysicalSurface node which is simpler and easier to use.  And now that P13 Preview will display the texture map in Superfly there will be no guessing at how your final render will look.  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 1:25 PM

odf posted at 8:25 AM Sun, 20 August 2023 - #4473103

You don’t understand. I have exactly zero interest in FireFly materials. Ever since I returned to Poser, I’ve effectively been making Superfly materials while restricting myself to nodes that I assume FireFly will also render, and that feels increasingly pointless. What I’m considering is giving up on that half-arsed FF support and just using whichever node gets me where I want the easiest.

60XDpigne49iyUhdXussaYvj8dkNerE4tvoudfUC.gif

I wasn't trying to push you back into FF's world, I don't use it anymore too itL71bnH5XBl2LdMocaPU3NoC12HXd5RXIYCpmdA.gif

PhYl.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2023 at 5:10 PM

hborre posted at 10:27 AM Sun, 20 August 2023 - #4473111

Switch from the PoserSurface node to the PhysicalSurface node which is simpler and easier to use.  And now that P13 Preview will display the texture map in Superfly there will be no guessing at how your final render will look.  

Thanks for reminding me of my other reason for avoiding Cycles nodes so far, namely that they tend to make the preview unusable. I'll have to see how things look now. So far I've seen two different hair pieces with SuperFly shaders show up pitch black (but with highlights) in Poser 13.1, so render my optimism cautious.

Oh, and yes, PhysicalSurface all day every day.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 9:15 AM

I didn't think I would love Cycles but once you get your head around things renders look even better concerning skin and other organic surfaces.  We now, in Poser 13, have sort of preview of the color info.  It will continue to be worked on to get all the maps to give a more "What you can expect" viewport preview in time but it takes time.  I'm just happy I'm not looking at a pure white figure any more!  LOL  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 11:25 AM · edited Mon, 21 August 2023 at 11:25 AM

RAMWorks posted at 9:15 AM Mon, 21 August 2023 - #4473168

I didn't think I would love Cycles but once you get your head around things renders look even better concerning skin and other organic surfaces.  We now, in Poser 13, have sort of preview of the color info.  It will continue to be worked on to get all the maps to give a more "What you can expect" viewport preview in time but it takes time.  I'm just happy I'm not looking at a pure white figure any more!  LOL  

Let's say that with my skin setup, there are not pure white anymore, indeed...

z6aKi7MjH9YUN1qt69llPK64QAPVLah71fxVZwtK.png

A6WrHbWGjt1XXuPnPX1xw9ENFvmoOjlOB8XqBV7J.gif

But I don't really mind as I've setup a script to switch to the PoserSurface node when it's needed Jr2IixeIYEYkqcnLBiCm7s0FdEE7nbNUTamKHiDQ.gif

PhYl.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 12:07 PM
Site Admin

When I'm working with Cycles nodes, I turn off the hardware shading and have a poser surface with an image map or color chip. Then I don't have white or black

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

odf ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2023 at 7:26 PM
RedPhantom posted at 12:07 PM Mon, 21 August 2023 - #4473176

When I'm working with Cycles nodes, I turn off the hardware shading and have a poser surface with an image map or color chip. Then I don't have white or black

Right, I remember trying that at some point. I think the problem was that hardware shading provided a better preview of lights and shadows, and that's something I spend a lot of time on in my renders. But it's true that for texture work it would make sense to turn it off and then back on when the texturing is done, so thanks for the reminder!

odf ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2023 at 2:38 AM · edited Mon, 28 August 2023 at 2:38 AM

I think I've achieved sparkly eye shadow. Now I just need to work on fancier lighting to make it come out better.

(Also, incidentally, Afrodite-Ohki's hair looks really great with Ghostship2's SuperFly shaders. Like chef's kiss great.)

o7ewrZNzpH8mHGIxkDn59hV2V9iv3kELDAlBwWcV.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2023 at 8:55 AM
odf posted at 2:38 AM Mon, 28 August 2023 - #4473567

I think I've achieved sparkly eye shadow. Now I just need to work on fancier lighting to make it come out better.

(Also, incidentally, Afrodite-Ohki's hair looks really great with Ghostship2's SuperFly shaders. Like chef's kiss great.)

Wow, nice!

And... my first thought has been for Pauley Perrette DqULcyt3FUyoUSEtLeeVs8VQvlQR5qO40nkdZfYS.gif

PhYl.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 28 August 2023 at 8:57 AM

PURDY! 

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

odf ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2023 at 9:48 PM

Since I am completely clueless when it comes to makeup, I played with making some variations to match hair colors.

NcjfXzXii0MmP1FqjcoYZvLp7kLvedpMA0Y5Kk4F.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2023 at 3:26 AM · edited Wed, 30 August 2023 at 3:26 AM

Gorgeous ❤

PhYl.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2023 at 4:04 AM

Thanks Y-Phil! Here's the second batch. V1KqUMzBXILXWsJVxZducm3mnBriDEnmemYrPHmM.jpg

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2023 at 11:09 AM

Pink hair with a touch of pink / light magenta around the eyes, plus an according color on the nails YDmOy2MUgLTcuzJEA9PfDJZ32emyidhJY9nGhF7f.gif

PhYl.

serene ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2023 at 4:24 PM · edited Fri, 01 September 2023 at 4:24 PM

Makeup? Search for MUA tutorials, or look at editorial models like this young lady:

LmLqBiLbwuMgqGwzLa1dNIy8VYQA69tHUyCFkK82.jpg

Ellen Burton

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2024 at 9:01 PM

Can someone pretty please make a Viseme Map Mouth Morphs for Antonia? I really would like to try to make her work in Poser Talk Designer. Or is there one that already exists?

tchamberlain2 ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 9:07 AM · edited Wed, 24 April 2024 at 9:07 AM

Antoinette for Antonia. Something I've been working on. I think Antonia is one of the best visual 3d Models that Poser has (or that I've seen).

So, I am starting to make characters and morphs based around her. I just wish someone would make Viseme Map Mouth Morphs for her.

PQtpYHyWjhhf1L8GKF1bYgveGUXTRaL7Ubn9fq4e.pngHQc0QoOzYH8yX8nXKzk3HVcOkxGymTvNmyFUMR9O.pngaSFz2dLA89nEfIIbvMqADffPwiLzZuXUASeGB4sF.pngyjPw24PHmNlQI2AJCOsKcYFHvuR9foyYfG5RyWzY.png

odf ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 6:35 PM

Very cool character!

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 7:28 PM

Very nice.  Just a tad too hippy.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 10:42 AM
Forum Moderator
tchamberlain2 posted at 9:07 AM Wed, 24 April 2024 - #4483952

Antoinette for Antonia. Something I've been working on. I think Antonia is one of the best visual 3d Models that Poser has (or that I've seen).

So, I am starting to make characters and morphs based around her. I just wish someone would make Viseme Map Mouth Morphs for her.

Wow, very nice work on the morphs! Are you going to make them available to us Poser peeps? I sure hope so......

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.