Sun, May 5, 5:49 AM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 03 7:09 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Suggestion Wish List

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 8:49 AM · edited Sun, 05 May 2024 at 5:47 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

A year ago, we did a thread asking for suggestions and changes needed to improve the site. We got some excellent suggestions. Some of the suggestions were put into effect right away, a few others as we were able, and a few added to the long-range wish list. We would like to update the report to keep it relative to what is current. Please leave your wish list suggestions, they will be consolidated and read by management, and maybe we can make a few more things happen to improve the Community.

P.S. This is not a gripe session. Please keep the suggestions constructive.

Thanks, Wolf.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 3:30 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I've finished going through the Suggestion Box Forum and added every suggestion there to the annual report, but if you'd like to highlight or add something new, this is the time. I'll be personally handing the report to management on April 4, and every suggestion you've made will be read and discussed.

Giana ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 12:38 AM · edited Wed, 27 March 2024 at 12:42 AM

can you please add to your 'improvement list' yet again to fix the way views are counted on this site, esp. in the galleries?

justification - if that stupid Art Chart nonsense utilises clicks/views as part of it metrics/algorithm, then it shound be accurate.  a person should not be able to simply sit on any given image and keep refreshing the page and have that count as views.  nor should leaving a comment generate 2 views.  surely some programmer can figure out how to only account for unique views, yes?

house every single policy/TOS rule/reg in one viable place.  you can have policies duplicated wherever upon the site, but having one clear place to view ALL terms at any given time simplifies things for the user. when a change/update to policy is made, make sure to update ALL places that policy may reside

though it has improved, the MP is still a mess when trying to search for things.  part of that reason is due to vendors misplacing their item[s] into the wrong category. make a list of what kinds of things should go where in terms of category, even if it sounds like a dumb idea and one feels that most vendors know what they are doing. and then send out an email to all active vendors with a link that has the information and a radio button they need to check and click through saying they acknowledge having read it. -OR- put the onus onto the MP testers to ALWAYS check that a vendor has placed an item in the proper category

and yes, i KNOW it is on your list, but i am going to point at that poor beaten, bruised and bloody pony, cause i'd feel remiss if i did not... ie. the number of posts per day issue...

btw - i did not participate in that Pin-Up contest, but thank you/Rendo staff for doing the judging rather than allowing yet another contest to simply be yet another popularity contest that has no true meaning.  either select a panel of judges for contests, or continue on utlising Staff, please

speaking of meaningless popularity contests, and though i realise this will never happen, but get rid of the Art Charts. or figure out a better way to measure & weigh things.  for example, a selected panel chooses a defined number of mages be shown/displayed/showcased each month.  once a month seems like maybe a reasonable amount of time since the world is full of busy lives.  but showcase the best this site has to offer each month.  it may start to attract slightly more professional types than what currently resides here, and that is always a good thing.  plus with something like what i'm suggesting, it might make people here grow some, striving to be better and improve skillsets or whatnot, instead of just relying on 'friends' to make them feel good - ie. help folks to help themselves out of complacency, attract more skilled artists who then may expand on the MP customer numbers, and restore a bit of dignity to the site overall , as currently, most folks in the 3D hobbyist art communities seem to feel that Rendo is 'the bottom of the barrel' and don't seem to have the same degree of respect for this site as once it garnered...

if an image is pulled for review due to perceived TOS questions, it should be released back into the wild of the Galleries, have it release at the front of the line in What's New.  i say this because it can sometimes take a day or two for the review process to be completed, and by that time several pages of images have buried it, and those that might've received an email about a new post by the person they opted to follow have all but forgotten to re-look for it. thus the posting artist is somewhat disadvantaged in sharing their creation under the current process

more i could add, but colour me done, for now...

Tynkere ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2024 at 7:52 AM

Site includes store?

Curious if possible to have "show all" option rather than limited to 120 thumbnails per page.  Much faster (in my estimate at least) to scroll through all of it rather than having to click/tap "next."

Just a thought as enjoy morning coffee.  

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 1:23 PM

Filter and block features for the gallery and freestuff listings, asked for this before and it got side tracked and closed but I think many people would value this.

My Freebies

RodS ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 5:53 PM

I am totally, 100% in line with both Giana and pjz99 above. Giana's comment on the 3D art communities' views of Rendo is right on, unfortunately. I've encountered that in a couple streams lately.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Crystalis ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 9:25 PM · edited Sun, 31 March 2024 at 9:28 PM

The views counter is just like on YouTube. Every time you play the video it counts as another view. You can add details to the page like who viewed the artwork and how many times or who favorited the art. People will come crying they're missing views and they'll want them back. Just a thought.

The Art Charts - make it so it will rise and fall faster using the images for that month. That way people will stop paying so much attention to it.

Remember, you don't want to do anything that will further divide this community.

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2024 at 4:03 AM

gosh, i would think/hope that having accuracy wouldn't be a thing that divides people, right??? or shoudn't maybe?? bah, i dunno... sigh :)

and if the Charts cycle more quickly, as you suggest, thus become less attention grabbing, why have them at all, yanno?  i just want them gone, or handled differently, or at the very least, more accurately, as tbh, i'm just tired of hearing about them from people, and the games that seem to go on around them... rather things be about ART :D

i will also add that i've heard a number of folks, not just the ones who have voiced it already, in want of a 'block' feature for the galleries... i have a truly mixed viewpoint on that suggestion, but will say that i'm in less want of it than i am for it, as i can see some fairly negative things that could, but may not, come from such a thing... just me, tho, so who really cares... :)

hope everyone has a terrific week! :D

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2024 at 12:18 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

The gallery filter/block wasn't forgotten or discarded, it's still on the list. I'll try to get an update during the meeting on where it's sitting as a feasible option.

I've consolidated the report and sent it ahead of the meeting. If you have anything else/new, I can always add it.

Thanks to everyone for participating and providing your suggestions to improve the community.

-Wolf

Crystalis ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2024 at 2:24 PM
Wolfenshire posted at 12:18 PM Mon, 1 April 2024 - #4483141

The gallery filter/block wasn't forgotten or discarded, it's still on the list.

You could add the block option as a Prime membership feature that would be available only to Prime members. This will encourage more users to buy Prime and buy it every year. Your welcome for the tip :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2024 at 3:01 PM · edited Tue, 02 April 2024 at 3:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Fuck's sake don't make people pay for block. What the absolute fuck.

Counter suggestion, make people pay to view the Art Charts listings. Make people pay to post more than one gallery entry per day, make people pay to unlock viewing those extra postings.

My Freebies

EVargas ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2024 at 5:37 PM · edited Wed, 03 April 2024 at 5:38 PM

Giana posted at 12:38 AM Wed, 27 March 2024 - #4482911

though it has improved, the MP is still a mess when trying to search for things.  part of that reason is due to vendors misplacing their item[s] into the wrong category. make a list of what kinds of things should go where in terms of category, (...)

Yes guys please consider this! I totally agree with Giana, the customer side of me go crazy when I browse the marketplace, OMG.

I think we lost too much time scrolling on things that don't matter, for example, I'm not always looking for add-ons, there must be a way to hide add-ons, or show them only next to the main item they require? Or perhaps not, just ideas...

I think the "posercontent" website has an interesting way to browse/filter.

Store | Website

"Art exists so that reality does not destroy us" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 05 April 2024 at 9:51 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

The meeting was yesterday, we went over every suggestion. And there are some changes coming, but I have to wait for the official announcement. Also, nothing was decided on the gallery block/filter button, but it is at the top of the list and still being looked at.

Thanks for participating.

Wolf.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2024 at 3:16 AM

thanks

My Freebies

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 08 April 2024 at 1:51 PM · edited Mon, 08 April 2024 at 1:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

This is not an official announcement, but I was given the okay to 'announce' it, so to speak. The Gallery Block button has been approved, and is now at the highest priority, however, it will take a few months for the devs to program it. So, no promises on when it will go into effect, but it is in the pipeline. And just FYI, this feature was the most requested feature.

There were also a few other suggestions that were approved, but I'm not allowed to mention them yet. I'll let you know as they give me the okay.

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Halle-freaking-lujah!!!!!! 👍👍

In other news:

Has anyone else noticed that Rendo has lost FOUR vendors to the "D" place in the last week?? Maybe a little communication with the vendors to see what would help keep them here might be in order. Just a thought.

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2024 at 1:41 PM

I wouldn't say "lost" exactly. Let's say, "shared" in a very visible, public way. Some believe this is about the need for DAZ PA-only HD tools for G9. In some very important ways, G9 is not like the previous generations. So that may be the hook. But I can neither confirm nor deny the accuracy of that assertion. Still, it does sort of make sense!

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2024 at 10:54 PM
Wolfenshire posted at 1:51 PM Mon, 8 April 2024 - #4483371

This is not an official announcement, but I was given the okay to 'announce' it, so to speak. The Gallery Block button has been approved, and is now at the highest priority, however, it will take a few months for the devs to program it. So, no promises on when it will go into effect, but it is in the pipeline. And just FYI, this feature was the most requested feature.

happy to hear this will be worked on, I think a lot of users will appreciate it. thanks for the info.

My Freebies

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2024 at 11:44 AM
Forum Moderator
RodS posted at 12:59 PM Thu, 11 April 2024 - #4483491

Halle-freaking-lujah!!!!!! 👍👍

In other news:

Has anyone else noticed that Rendo has lost FOUR vendors to the "D" place in the last week?? Maybe a little communication with the vendors to see what would help keep them here might be in order. Just a thought.

Yes, that did not escape my notice, and it's very concerning to me. I went to the Rendo store of one of those vendors after hearing about her defection to D and saw that she had not uploaded any new products in three years. Not a good thing, in my opinion.

Giana ( ) posted Sat, 13 April 2024 at 2:34 PM · edited Sat, 13 April 2024 at 2:41 PM

Rendo has changed a few things for vendors, such as the way 'rankings' work, and they've removed the 'exclusivity' thing, too, which had perks for vendors to sell solely here, etc., so less incentives for vendors to stay here, essentially.  but i'm sure you'll be able to find them somewhere, predominately at Daz...

really just not sure what this site's mission statement may look like any longer, as the hole digging just seems to keep on going, between this vendor kerfuffle, the galleries being such a huge dumping ground these days, and a much smaller viewership/audience [to mention just a few of the more obvious things...]

just feels like a slow slide into oblivion, though maybe they'll [Rendo] end up trading in Poser for their own version of AI generation software, and that is what this site will predominately come to be [ie. not terribly diff from what is already is these days]... time will out, as they say...

RodS ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

As far as I'm concerned, that would be the final nail in the coffin.... 😥

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

really think that Rendo should re-instate the AI Gallery and give users the option to hide categories as well as the ability to block specific users...

and Rod?  do ya really see things going in any other direction, realistically speaking?

Crystalis ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 9:37 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 9:43 PM

Art Charts explained for dummies:

Top Art: In this column... those are your regulars... Eekdog, Rods, Twistedkid, etc... they constantly seek to get a lot of comments because they constantly offer support to other artists and they expect something in return. TwistedKid is a sweet talker, he will literally extract a Favorite and a Like outta you and you wouldn't even know it lol. Top Art seems to be based on how many Favorites you get, so he probably got that figured out.

Top Artists: That should say Top Contributors (as in how many images I fed today into the Renderosity Gallery) and it's very obvious. There's no need to elaborate on this.

Most Credited Vendors: This is the touchy part that will make some of the vendors even give up their store and leave. That chart is so easy to rig... to cheat, you just give yourself credit on images posted in the gallery, or have a designated user give credit to a certain vendor... and you go all the way up. If you want to promote a fair market for ALL vendors, get rid of that column right now.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Cristal

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2024 at 2:02 PM · edited Thu, 02 May 2024 at 2:04 PM

Yeah, Steve and Rick and I are on a mission - it's top secret, so I can't mention any details - we don't want Trump getting his hands on them... But we have Agents everywhere! And of course they're all insanely hot and sexy ladies from a certain intel group; the one that starts with a "T." 😉

Just kidding...

Seriously, that "Top Artists" seems to be based only on how many images you upload. So just upload 8 similar image EVERY day, and you're at the top. The stats for this category really could stand a review / re-work.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 2:24 AM

Fewer people online nowadays.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

One last plea:

Please, please, please, pretty please, set a limit of FOUR (4) gallery uploads per day. Please. Please. Please?

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 1:26 PM
Forum Moderator
RodS posted at 12:57 PM Fri, 3 May 2024 - #4484273

One last plea:

Please, please, please, pretty please, set a limit of FOUR (4) gallery uploads per day. Please. Please. Please?

That is a reasonable request and I will bring it up in the next team meeting.

Crystalis ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 2:31 PM · edited Fri, 03 May 2024 at 2:36 PM

Rod's idea to limit the uploads to 4 is not going to take care of this problem. People doing this for points: They'll simply generate new accounts and pass the points from the collectors accounts into the beneficiary account. So the gallery will be full of 4-of-a-kind images, instead of 8-of-a-kind as it is now. . . but twice as many, and Rod is not going to be happy (again) with the 4 images a day rule either.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 3:14 PM

So what do you suggest? Do nothing? Limit to 2? More people give up and stop posting and commenting like i did? The current situation  is Not Tenable on the long term.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 03 May 2024 at 7:09 PM
Site Admin Online Now!
RodS posted at 12:57 PM Fri, 3 May 2024 - #4484273

One last plea:

No. We already lowered the limit to what you requested, and the block button is coming. No more ice cream for you. Now eat your veggies and be good.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.