Thu, Apr 18, 10:10 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 9:39 pm)

Subject: Anyone to test a script of mine to mix M4 and K4

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 11:51 AM

colorcurvature I make a question , ¿when this script is finalized, in which store we can purchase ? and ¿you have an estimated time for release or is it still too early to know?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 2:47 PM

hi, i hope its finished :) but i am too coward to send it to the rendo marketplace, because i always fear late coming problems :-)

i tried to "sell" it on my own to find "pilot customer" but mods had to delete my post because that is not rendo policy compliant.

maybe this variation is allowed: i send you a copy and you purchase it later from rendo if you like it ;) ? then all should be happy: i get some feedback, rendo get a sale later on, and the product gets a bit more stable.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quote - hi, i hope its finished :) but i am too coward to send it to the rendo marketplace, because i always fear late coming problems :-)

i tried to "sell" it on my own to find "pilot customer" but mods had to delete my post because that is not rendo policy compliant.

maybe this variation is allowed: i send you a copy and you purchase it later from rendo if you like it ;) ? then all should be happy: i get some feedback, rendo get a sale later on, and the product gets a bit more stable.

It's OK for me , I send you a PM

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 7:16 PM

I have tested this HARD. It works with only the single reported issue sent via email. Even if there WERE issues, I think this is SO VALUABLE to the community that people would put up with an issue or two were they to arrise to get the overall functionality that heretofore has been unavailable!

I say: "GO FOR IT!"

Fremmen ( ) posted Tue, 19 March 2013 at 11:07 PM

Based on what I have seen in the pictures, I would definetly buy this as well.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 1:13 AM

Thanks for your comments. I put together a rendo-compatible zip. I have to study the rules for product submission. Based on some feedback I did a few changes to it (move away the pose files to another place). And there is the documentation to make. Especially the bulges configuration might need a bit more illustration.

Oh, and I fear it needs Poser Pro 2012. Reading the restrictions I think Poser 9 will block certain script functions I need (weightmap conversion).

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 20 March 2013 at 4:48 AM

Quote - Oh, and I fear it needs Poser Pro 2012. Reading the restrictions I think Poser 9 will block certain script functions I need (weightmap conversion). 

Don't we have any testers here running Poser 9? Surely someone can give the man an answer to this question.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2013 at 4:36 PM · edited Sat, 23 March 2013 at 4:49 PM

It's been a couple of hours I'm Testing harshly the script (combining the M4 and V4 morph + +,  Sthefanie freak muscle morphs V4 &  M4 characters with some k4 characters  and play change the dial "morph to K4" and my first opinion  is working great  (perhaps only one very little "detail" that I will  reported issue sent via email), maybe this script that can become script in those who can not miss a my poser library

I Not testing yet a Conform of the clothing and hair, but the ability to mix characters V4/M4 with K4 and use the content I have on these carcteres makes my potential grow noticeably ,just amazing...

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2013 at 5:12 PM

When using morphs from morph packages (++ and such), I think you need to dial them less strong when morphing towards K4. that is because K4 is smaller and its vertices need to move less than on the original figures. if dialed as strong as on M4 or V4, it will distort, I think.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 23 March 2013 at 9:48 PM · edited Sat, 23 March 2013 at 9:50 PM

Quote - When using morphs from morph packages (++ and such), I think you need to dial them less strong when morphing towards K4. that is because K4 is smaller and its vertices need to move less than on the original figures. if dialed as strong as on M4 or V4, it will distort, I think.

Yes , is true, surely an M4 with the body of a K4 with hevy freak & big fat morph  (I do not remember the fat morph name now...) have distortion, but anyway, I think you'd be surprised pleasantly at the results I got in some test I did push the morph to high values (obviously, characters no were "anatomically correct", just I  wanted to test the limits) also I tried to do caracteres of different ages using "soft" morph values like you said   and the result was FANTASTIC ( using V4 and M4 )

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2013 at 9:40 AM

Ah and one more thing. The clothify script does not consider props. But I think you can take a prop to the setup room and push M4's bones into it. Then it is a figure, and you can conform it, and then the clothify script can process it.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2013 at 2:15 PM

Could we have a bit more instruction/discussion as to the purpose of the Bulges program? I run it and don't see any differences. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong. What exactly does it do, and how exactly should it be applied and when?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2013 at 2:40 PM

Maybe on M4 the effect is not so strong. On V4, with Morph_To_K4 dialed, you will note that when you dial the side side on the thighs, the thighs become pretty "flat". With K4, this does not happen. Just place both figure next to each other into the scene and compare. Its because V4 has bulge settings there to flatten the thighs when rotated. But when morphed towards K4, that bulge is too much. The legs get very very flat. The bulge program reduces the bulge intensity towards K4.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2013 at 11:57 PM

Well, I have beat this thing with a concrete bat all weekend long... done dozens of renders... created as many very different characters...

I can't break it.

Unless someone else on the team is finding issues, I think this puppy is ready for prime time!

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 1:08 AM

I'm making a documentation PDF. I also want to make it clear to people that this isnt the original M4/V4 any more when the script is used. Its weightmapped, bulge is disabled in the hands and so on. Even if Morph_To_K4 is 0.0 the figure will bend a bit different than the original DAZ. So people should use that only for renders but not for creation of further poser content. I still wonder how to make that clear. Noone is gonna read the manual :) So I think I'll add a warning popup or such to the main script.

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 9:01 AM

Quote - I still wonder how to make that clear. Noone is gonna read the manual :) So I think I'll add a warning popup or such to the main script.

Two opinions:

1. A popup warning is fine.

2. You can't fix stupid, so stop trying. :)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 2:34 PM

;-) I decided in favour of option 1, plus some discussion in the brand-new manual. The latest version also renames the M4/V4 so one can recognize its not the original one.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2013 at 2:55 PM

Quote - ... 2. You can't fix stupid, so stop trying. :)

There are apps for that they don't even have manuals to not read.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 5:42 AM

Just read about "TL DR" Hopefully the popups are not TL ;)

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 9:03 AM

file_493075.jpg

Final version is top drawer! The characters produced are adorable without the stylized look the "other" solution produces! Get this puppy to market!

MargyThunderstorm ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 11:13 AM

file_493077.jpg

I've tested the latest version for the last hours and I love it. Like basicwiz I would say get it to the market!

I made a quick image with the converted M4 and V4. I used K4 poses and V4/M4 textures. You see a little bit of distortion in the shoes, but that's nothing you couldn't fix with postwork.

But I wanted to show you the pure Poser render. :)

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 12:33 PM

Quote - Well, I have beat this thing with a concrete bat all weekend long... done dozens of renders... created as many very different characters...

I can't break it.

Unless someone else on the team is finding issues, I think this puppy is ready for prime time!

I have also tested this to the limits and I think is ready

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 3:02 PM · edited Wed, 27 March 2013 at 3:02 PM

file_493083.jpg

Works well for me. 😄

Here's 63% K4 ready for Easter Church.  Texture is the Hiro 4 base texture...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 6:44 PM

Ah! Great images !!

I've uploaded the package. Lets see where this leads to.

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:49 PM · edited Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:59 PM

file_493122.jpg

quick test  render , K4 morph dial 0.500 , the  clothes created for V4 fixed with the script that comes with the package ,no Post work

I use for testing  poses made for K4 , for M4 & V4 an working fine with all , you've done a wonderful job colorcurvature

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 11:53 PM

Please remember to post here when this gets to the Marketplace. I would hate terribly to miss it. If at this late date you still need a tester I would be happy to. This set of scripts looks like it would be wonderfully usefull. Thanks for putting it out there.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2013 at 8:19 PM · edited Sat, 30 March 2013 at 8:20 PM

file_493160.jpg

Just for grins, I tried Morph to K4 at -234 %.  A bit of a pinhead, but an intersting character none the less.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2013 at 8:28 PM

That is a cool stylized figure! Exciting script.

76claudia2205 ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 1:44 AM

When will this script become avialable on the market? I can't wait to give it a try :)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 2:44 AM

No, idea it is "in review". This will however be poser pro 2012 only. While there might be hope to get it work in Poser 9 if Daz allows to distribute the (encrypted) WeightMaps, i will rather wait and see if people are actually happy with the script as-is first before attempting to downport it :)

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 2:50 AM

Quote - While there might be hope to get it work in Poser 9 if Daz allows to distribute the (encrypted) WeightMaps...

Not going to happen.

That was the reason for all the jumping through hoops required to get V4 weight mapped.

This is yet another reason to upgrade to the Pro software. :) 

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 1:12 PM

Quote - > Quote - While there might be hope to get it work in Poser 9 if Daz allows to distribute the (encrypted) WeightMaps...

Not going to happen.

That was the reason for all the jumping through hoops required to get V4 weight mapped.

This is yet another reason to upgrade to the Pro software. :) 

DAZ has since changed the EULA.  It shouldn't be a problem if they are encoded...

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 1:40 PM

file_493186.jpg

Render test , morph to K4 = 0.500 , cloth fixed with the script , no PW

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 3:02 PM · edited Sun, 31 March 2013 at 3:02 PM

Quote -
DAZ has since changed the EULA.  It shouldn't be a problem if they are encoded...

So, RTE encoding is again ok? That's great news!

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 3:13 PM

Just to be clear, I only asked DAZ for permission to share the 3rd gen meshes, not the 4th gen.

The 3rd gen meshes had been shared RTE-encoded for years, so I guess DAZ didn't mind that much.

So, if anyone wants to share any encoded V4 stuff, he/she'd better ask DAZ first.

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 4:02 PM

I guess I'll find out when I buy the script but which figures can it blend? Any two or specifically M4 or V4 with K4? I'm not even exacly sure which figures share the same mesh.

basicwiz ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 4:05 PM

According to the documentation, the script is specifically designed to mix K4 and M4, but in beta testing we found it works perfectly well with K4 and V4 as well. In fact, some of the options are actually included to make V4 work better!

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 5:13 PM

Cool.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2013 at 5:16 PM

Quote - So, if anyone wants to share any encoded V4 stuff, he/she'd better ask DAZ first.

That's the advice I gave to CC...

colorcurvature ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 12:42 AM

There will be delay, I've failed my review. Docu/promo problems. Don't know when I have the time to fix it.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 3:33 AM

Anything I or anyone else could do or help out with?

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 2:32 PM

Maybe some cloth vendor is reading who could borrow me some set for a promo render? My runtime seems to lack everyday clothing ;( WandW, what suit is your image showing? Is that by sickle?

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 03 April 2013 at 2:51 PM

That's the M4 Business Suit from Daz, Hannes.

You are welcome to use that image if you wish...

colorcurvature ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hm, what if I would send around the program to some of you together with a testscene / testpose and you apply some cloth to it and send me a render? This would then test a number of different clothing packs, in the same pose(s), and we see how good it works or not. Would that be "legal" in terms of common clothing license? Would it be fair? I could then put together the rendered figures onto a big promo image. I'm out of time at the moment, I cannot move on with the process on my own.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 1:38 PM

It's legal, as the clothing mesh is not being distributed.  As long as the clothing item in question can be used in a commercial render, there should be no issue. 

I don't know if there are any requirements for third-party promo renders; Ro'sity might need a release from the person who rendered it, but that would be no problem if they did...

MargyThunderstorm ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 1:45 PM

If you need my help, just let me know what I can do. :)

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2013 at 3:39 PM

I would happy to give a try. I have been a successful vendor and I am a regular tester at an other Poser site store. There is certainly no issue using other peoples renders for promo in my experience but you know... Dimension3D and others have sold utilities with no renders in the promo at all. Fancy renders are just a matter of the vendor wanting to promoting sales as much as possible. A simple single image promo is fine so long as it don't misrepresent the product. I have seen heavily post-worked renders in the Marketplace identified as "artistic renders" and I have seen other promo images that are just a logo and/or screencap of the script/utility dialog box. Any one render in this thread would be sufficient if your objective is only to get this distributed via the store - fancy promo renders are mainly about "product differentiation" to use a Marist term... getting lots of people to buy your generic dial-spin character or generic sexy outfit or hair for V4. Your product will sell to people who understand it and want to work with it rather then as an impulse purchase by people struck by a shiny promo render. One option would be to rely on the linked Gallery renders that are posted once the product is up... I for one always check the "Gallery" tab on a product..

nevynman ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 3:56 AM

Hi all, I have just found this thread! Congrats on this product, It will certainly fill the

9yo - 16yo hole in Gen4 characters. I always wished Daz had done a Young Teen for Generation 4.

Iam an avid Poser Pro 2012 user and using DSON'd Genesis in Poser nearly bring my computr to a standstill!

When will this product be available??? I am happy to hand over the cash right now....

I will be following this thread with avengence!

Regards, Nev

aldebaran40 ( ) posted Sat, 06 April 2013 at 7:24 AM

let me know if I can help in something colorcurvature

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 07 April 2013 at 8:00 AM

I thought about it but I had no idea on how to "promorize" the cloth fit in a way that it efficiently shows all thats good and all thats bad at once. So I thought, maybe you could make a "crowded scene" (with the figures in various standard poses with the dial set to various values) but all with the same cloth? I'll post some pics in a few minutes to show what i mean.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.