Sun, May 26, 6:52 AM CDT

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 23 2:46 pm)

Subject: VWD V2.x pre-release beta discussion

zanth77 ( ) posted Sun, 17 November 2019 at 5:47 AM

Yeh the only problem I've had is with scaling using GPU. I'll scale to 90% or 88% and the mesh scrunches up to an extreme amount very quickly. I fix by checking 'Sticks CPU'.

Otherwise, I love the beta! I use version 6304b.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2019 at 4:55 PM

Hello Ragice,

Excuse me to reply so late. These keys work for me on Windows 7. I don't know if they work on Windows 10. Someone can try that and post a message?

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 18 November 2019 at 5:00 PM

Hello zanth77,

I am happy the beta works fine to you. Now, I will have more time to work on VWD. My next job will be to do a lot of tutorials showing how to use all the VWD functionalities.

VWD_dan ( ) posted Sun, 24 November 2019 at 10:39 PM

Hi all,

A new beta version (2.2.908.6404) has been posted. It is fully functional and expires December 28. 2019.

If you have a VWD file-archive account, it should be available and you should have gotten an email message with a link. If you did not get the email message, login and the files should be there anyway.

Please let me know if you expected an email and did not get one. Also let me know if you would like to try out this time-limited beta version - PM or mailto support@virtualworlddynamics.net

This update contains fixes and tweaks. The most recent changes are in the documentation/release-notes.

Let us know if you find any issues, as this is the current release candidate.

Thanks for your interest and feedback!

cheers,

VWD_dan

VWD website: https://www.virtualworlddynamics.net  -  VWD support: support@virtualworlddynamics.net

Current VWD Versions:   Release: V1.1.522.3630 – 2017/05/18 11:52,    Beta: V2.2.908.6404 beta – 2019/11/24 9:34 (exp 2019/12/28)

Qualifier: Yes, I'm helping Gérald with VWD, No, I'm not yet an expert on its use!

Surody ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 9:09 AM

I worked with the newest Beta a bit now and I think the error messages could need little bit of a overhaul. One example would be a scenario, where the visibility of a objective is turned off in Daz Studio and VWD can't import it. Also there's some error, where the program isn't accessable anymore and is stuck in a infinite error loop. It's only fixable by completely restarting Daz Studio. I haven't figured out what exactly causes this. I'll let you know.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 November 2019 at 2:39 PM

Hello

have difficulties to find time for pictures but, when I can, there is always VWD power inside it!

Here I used Kabbalah dress from Arki: a Dforce clothe . As I do still render, I try a dforce simu. If nothing explode 😀 I then use VWD to manage the drapé and it's really, really fun and the most creative part !

Had no problem with my current beta version but I'm a basic user !

Thanks Gérald for this amazing tool !

Phoenix RisingLR.jpg

VWD_dan ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 2:24 AM

nicely done! - both the dynamics and the overall result! bravo!

VWD_dan

VWD website: https://www.virtualworlddynamics.net  -  VWD support: support@virtualworlddynamics.net

Current VWD Versions:   Release: V1.1.522.3630 – 2017/05/18 11:52,    Beta: V2.2.908.6404 beta – 2019/11/24 9:34 (exp 2019/12/28)

Qualifier: Yes, I'm helping Gérald with VWD, No, I'm not yet an expert on its use!

yvesab ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 2:37 PM

The latest beta is working really well and the overall speed is really enhanced. What's still missing is a good descritpion of all the options available ! Yves

VWD_dan ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 3:01 PM

yvesab posted at 2:56PM Thu, 28 November 2019 - #4371615

The latest beta is working really well and the overall speed is really enhanced. What's still missing is a good descritpion of all the options available ! Yves

Did you happen to look at the updated Program Guide pdf? There's not a lot of 'howto', but the available functions should be described in better detail, as well as some warnings and hints as to their use. Tutorials are in the pipeline, but the descriptions should be enough to help inspire experimentation.

Please let us know if you find the descriptions ambiguous, wrong, or vague, etc. That's part of what we hope to learn from you beta users.

Thanks!

VWD_dan

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 3:33 PM

VWD_dan posted at 10:32PM Thu, 28 November 2019 - #4371628

yvesab posted at 2:56PM Thu, 28 November 2019 - #4371615

Did you happen to look at the updated Program Guide pdf? There's not a lot of 'howto', but the available functions should be described in better detail, as well as some warnings and hints as to their use. Tutorials are in the pipeline, but the descriptions should be enough to help inspire experimentation.

Please let us know if you find the descriptions ambiguous, wrong, or vague, etc. That's part of what we hope to learn from you beta users.

Thanks!

VWD_dan

May be it's also time for me to dive in the manual again !

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 November 2019 at 3:34 PM

VWD_dan posted at 10:33PM Thu, 28 November 2019 - #4371506

nicely done! - both the dynamics and the overall result! bravo!

VWD_dan

Thanks Dan

VWD_dan ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2019 at 2:05 PM

Hello VWD friends,

A quick update on a few things:

1. My VWD_dan account may disappear due to some Renderosity internal account logistics. I will probably soon be posting as "VWD3D". The reason has to do with having multiple vendor accounts or something internal, so we will just remove the conflicting account (VWD-dan) to make things clean. Look for me as "VWD3D" for posts and PMs

2. The 'final' update of the real VWD Cloth & Hair Version2.x has been packaged, submitted, and is now under review by the Renderosity Q/A folks! We hope it passes their review and becomes available for purchase in the near future!

As ever, thanks for your patience, feedback, and continued interest - while we expect that a few more quirks might pop up in the edges of the program, we feel like the main functions and feature updates will be solid, welcomed, and enjoyed!

Cheers!

VWD_dan aka VWD3D

Smaker1 ( ) posted Fri, 20 December 2019 at 2:59 PM

Hello Dan

YES!! Wonderful , I'm waiting to buy the new version perhaps just in time for Christmas 😃

Thank you for your work to both of you

movida ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2019 at 1:31 PM

:)

VWD3D ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2019 at 6:03 PM

Hello All,

FYI - for followers of this beta thread, the shiny new Version 2.2 is now available in our Renderosity store! Here's a new thread for V2.x installation and usage (and renders!) discussion.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro?thread_id=2941218

Thanks again for your continued interest and support!

VWD_dan (aka VWD3D) and Gérald

--
Resources: https://www.virtualworlddynamics.net - https://www.patreon.com/VWD
Rendo PM: VWD3D or VirtualWorldDynamics or support@virtualworlddynamics.net
Current VWD Version:   Release: V2.2.924.6464 - 2019/12/12, 9:46am
Qualifier: Yes, I'm helping Gérald with VWD, Nooo, I'm not yet an expert on its use!

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Wed, 25 December 2019 at 1:05 PM

Hello,

I want to do a Demo version that don't save the mesh (Send pose to Host) or the animation (Send animation to Host). This Demo version will not execute some functions in the Utilities tab and will not execute some mesh managements directly sent to Daz Studio. All the other functionnalities will be accessible to test the program. This version will not have any time limit.

@smaker1 : your image is wonderful!!!! as always :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.