Sun, May 19, 6:16 AM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: carrarActor - genesis 3

ProPose001 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 8:50 PM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 6:49PM Wed, 29 March 2017 - #4300818

Hiya mantagruelle 👋

i am working on video tutorials. mucho trabajo

You will need the Genesis 3 starter essentials for male and female.

It is currently free with Daz Studio 4.9.

That would be awesome, can't wait for that!!

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2017 at 11:42 PM · edited Wed, 29 March 2017 at 11:43 PM

Jamy, the main thing is making clothing and hair Carrara friendly as well as tweaking shaders, most Carrara users are used to the latter, there are a lot of missing maps.

For the clothing and hair you need DAZ studio,

All you need to do in most cases is load the clothes in DAZ studio by clicking them , some have a preset that loads a whole outfit.

No figure is needed in the scene in fact best not as if not Johnathon or Janet could crash Carrara.

then select each garment and go to edit/figure/rigging convert triax/general weight to blended weight

then under file save as scene subset

you can select your figure in carrara and load that scene subset from your library or by file and it will fit and apply morphs for each garment and hair in turn.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

wilgrfx ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2017 at 7:43 AM

Misty, Just wanted to let you know that Janette and Johnathon are gone from my wishlist and are now mine. Thank you, thank you... I keep mumbling while stumbling off to bed. 😎

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2017 at 9:56 AM

wendyvainity posted at 10:54AM Thu, 30 March 2017 - #4300878

Jamy, the main thing is making clothing and hair Carrara friendly as well as tweaking shaders, most Carrara users are used to the latter, there are a lot of missing maps.

For the clothing and hair you need DAZ studio,

All you need to do in most cases is load the clothes in DAZ studio by clicking them , some have a preset that loads a whole outfit.

No figure is needed in the scene in fact best not as if not Johnathon or Janet could crash Carrara.

then select each garment and go to edit/figure/rigging convert triax/general weight to blended weight

then under file save as scene subset

you can select your figure in carrara and load that scene subset from your library or by file and it will fit and apply morphs for each garment and hair in turn.

Thank yoo

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2017 at 9:57 AM

wilgrfx posted at 10:56AM Thu, 30 March 2017 - #4300898

Misty, Just wanted to let you know that Janette and Johnathon are gone from my wishlist and are now mine. Thank you, thank you... I keep mumbling while stumbling off to bed. 😎

Ty 🌸

i hope you enjoy them 💝

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

SileneUK ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2017 at 7:18 AM

Nice to see the slo-mo action video, thank you! I also noted your request for the clothing conversion script in the next video... great idea. Any bites yet? 😁 Silene

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2017 at 7:31 AM

not yet, its a matter of finding someone with scripting knowledge that uses Carrara and wants to use Genesis 3.

would not need to be DAZ script or Carrara more of a batch notepad hack on the duf files,

Someone like Dimension 3D prob could do it but AFAIK they have no interest in Carrara.

MJCasual might even who knows? Or maybe Fenric?

just putting it out there as a suggestion hoping someone can as I am sure all of us would buy it if put on the marketplace here.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2017 at 8:44 AM · edited Fri, 31 March 2017 at 8:56 AM

a quick look in notepad at an uncompressed file reveals "binding_mode" : "Blended", instead of "binding_mode" : "General", is the crucial line needed, the word dual Quart is still actually present however most duf files are compressed so unsure how one can do this unless one batch unzips them with 7zip maybe first Find and replace on an unaltered scene subset should have worked but did not so it gets more puzzling

Capture.JPG

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2017 at 6:02 PM
LeoLee ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 12:52 PM

Awesome! It's on my wishlist. I made a set of expressions which use the face bones of the G3. All the face rig works in Carrara?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:24 PM · edited Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:28 PM

i'm not a 100% sure on tongue poses, didnt have any packaged tongue poses to test. tongue parts are poseable, works with carrara rotation wireframe

the rest of the face rig works.

👷

really hopin someone would package up some nla clips 😉

LeoLee ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:31 PM

Great! Thanks!

joeping ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:34 PM · edited Sat, 01 April 2017 at 5:36 PM

Fantastic product, just bought it but I keep getting this error when I try to use it: "Warning: file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf could not be found Warning: file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf could not be found Error: node /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf#Genesis3Male not found"

Genesis 3 works fine in DAZ studio. Do I need to move some files?

Any tips?

joeping ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 6:41 PM

joeping posted at 4:40PM Sat, 01 April 2017 - #4301214

Fantastic product, just bought it but I keep getting this error when I try to use it: "Warning: file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf could not be found Warning: file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf could not be found Error: node /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%203/Male/Genesis3Male.dsf#Genesis3Male not found"

Genesis 3 works fine in DAZ studio. Do I need to move some files?

Any tips?

I re-installed Genesis 3 starter essentials for male and female and everything works great. Now the fun can begin :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 8:09 PM
MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2017 at 8:11 PM

G3 ears and pecs/breasts are pose-able

Place display text here

wonder how would look animated with oscillate tweener

joeping ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 12:09 AM · edited Sun, 02 April 2017 at 12:13 AM

Great product, and very easy to use.

This is my first experiment with using a Genesis 3 figure in Carrara 8.5 Pro using "CarrarActors, Janette and Johnathon for Genesis 3 in Carrara 8.5". It uses the "Darius 7" morphs and textures, "Classic Trenchcoat for Genesis 3 Male(s)" and "Diesel Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) & Female(s)". I then applied a Genesis 3 aniblock that I converted to a NLA clip.

It is rendered at 1920x1080 @ 30fps and averaged 15 sec per frame to render.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 5:02 AM

he's having a good stretch.

with all his mouth rigging could give a big yawn 💡

joeping ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 4:09 PM · edited Sun, 02 April 2017 at 4:10 PM

Thank you MistyLaraPrincess, With all that mouth rigging it works great with Mimic Pro for Carrara.

I tried a quick test with Mimic Pro for Carrara and a "Toon Generations 2 Female for Genesis 3" figure rendered with "LuxusCore Carrara"

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2017 at 7:48 PM

joeping posted at 8:47PM Sun, 02 April 2017 - #4301324

Thank you MistyLaraPrincess, With all that mouth rigging it works great with Mimic Pro for Carrara.

I tried a quick test with Mimic Pro for Carrara and a "Toon Generations 2 Female for Genesis 3" figure rendered with "LuxusCore Carrara"

cute poet

Ty for sharing 🌻

joeping ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 3:27 AM

Thank you MistyLaraPrincess, I am loving your product. I had to try an experiment with Mimic Pro for Carrara, Mr. Bear and Son for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Carrara hair. It's something that I could never have done in DAZ Studio :)

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 8:22 AM

joeping posted at 9:20AM Mon, 03 April 2017 - #4301347

Thank you MistyLaraPrincess, I am loving your product. I had to try an experiment with Mimic Pro for Carrara, Mr. Bear and Son for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Carrara hair. It's something that I could never have done in DAZ Studio :)

beary fun 🐻

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2017 at 8:24 AM

There's 16 of us now, G3 in Carrara 💖

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2017 at 11:57 AM

organizing my bandicam schedule for the weekend. (they online activation only, i have to record in 10 minute segments 👹 )

without specific things to focus on, i'll putz around trying out g3 outfits and hairs. playing with zolly doom, camera panning.

didn't understand how tricky camera panning techniques are, til i became serious about my movie project. 72 hours to render a camera pan of the mystic gorge,

but that's what practice if for!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2017 at 9:17 PM

knitting mittens 🐱

started working on a couple outfits, will be setup for Janette and Johnathon, - no converting needed

👞

bronie outfits? 🐎

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2017 at 4:52 AM
Bunyip02 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2017 at 7:01 AM

RawArts new Gigalien for G3M. Gigalien & UFO2.png

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2017 at 5:10 PM

Bunyip02 posted at 6:08PM Mon, 10 April 2017 - #4302056

RawArts new Gigalien for G3M. Gigalien & UFO2.png

cant help notice his toothy smile

🐹

oh, if i right-click, open image in new tab, i sees it full size!

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2017 at 12:52 PM

the next CarrarActor i'se workin on. almost finished.

CarrarActor Samantha for Janette / Girl 7 🐡

Place display text here

Place display text here

Place display text here

They strolling the Venice set 🚶

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2017 at 10:51 AM

did everyone make their own shaders for Jeanne and Eddie?

was thinking of mebbe adding helper shader for Jeanne and Ed (the default G3M/F skins) to the d/l files.

diomede ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2017 at 2:26 PM

I made a basic shader from the default G3F and G3M maps. I also picked up a Forbidden Whispers merchant skin resource for G3M, but I have not constructed a global shader preset from it yet.

diomede ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2017 at 3:13 PM

With sufficient modification, I believe that I am allowed to offer a Carrara G3M skin shader based on ForbiddenWhispers resource, but I will check with the artist. Not sure how Ringo was able to offer Carrara shaders for Daz characters that relied on their maps. Will inquire.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2017 at 9:46 PM

diomede posted at 10:42PM Fri, 28 April 2017 - #4303839

With sufficient modification, I believe that I am allowed to offer a Carrara G3M skin shader based on ForbiddenWhispers resource, but I will check with the artist. Not sure how Ringo was able to offer Carrara shaders for Daz characters that relied on their maps. Will inquire.

nice resources from FW.

have this nice looking mr in my w/l, Genesis 3 - Master Beard Resource

🐲

diomede ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2017 at 9:33 AM

The custom morph process I outlined for G2 should also work for your G3 Carrara folks. Has anyone tried?

diomede ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2017 at 4:53 PM

Got started on a shader preset for G3F in Carrara. Blending maps from Eva 7 with some custom organic skin shaders. Suggestions welcome.rr01 G3F in Carrara.JPG

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2017 at 9:59 AM

i made 2nd skin templates, using old wings3d 99.5, it has the color faces option, think they took it away in later versions.

don't want to bake it into the skin though, surely the rara shader tree can handle it as a layer?

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2017 at 8:08 PM

is everyone making out okay saving character uvs presets - V7 M7 etc?

ProPose001 ( ) posted Fri, 05 May 2017 at 1:35 AM

Yup! Works well

wilgrfx ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2017 at 6:25 AM · edited Sun, 28 May 2017 at 6:26 AM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 6:13AM Sun, 28 May 2017 - #4304275

is everyone making out okay saving character uvs presets - V7 M7 etc?

I must admit I've been putting off installing "Janette and Johnathon". I've a question before I do... I have a folder called "3rd Party content" where I keep everything away from where your documention says to install to. Thought I'd better as if it's ok to install to the other folder?

Have a coloured pencil... color me puzzled.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2017 at 3:39 PM

if your genesis 3 (male and female) starter essentials are in the 3rd party folder, should be okay.

the carrara folders can go in any "shader" preset folder

video tut covers how to link daz content folders in carrara

wilgrfx ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2017 at 8:33 PM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 8:27PM Sun, 28 May 2017 - #4306189

if your genesis 3 (male and female) starter essentials are in the 3rd party folder, should be okay.

the carrara folders can go in any "shader" preset folder

No... starter essentials in main DS Libraray... so will install there. Whew... that's what had me worried... didn't want to create problems for myself.

Thanks MistyLP

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2017 at 11:27 PM

lookin forward to seeing your renders 🌸

wilgrfx ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2017 at 2:49 AM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 2:45AM Mon, 29 May 2017 - #4303827

did everyone make their own shaders for Jeanne and Eddie?

was thinking of mebbe adding helper shader for Jeanne and Ed (the default G3M/F skins) to the d/l files.

Forgot to ask... Did I miss something... please let me know more about Jeanne and Eddie. Probably mentioned earlier... if so I'll just go back page or so and find out.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2017 at 10:45 AM

jeanne and eddie are the skin textures that come with the genesis 3 starter essentials.

their ds shader presets are aoa shaders, aoa shaders are dark in carrara.

i think most of us are loading the maps manually in carrara, and then saving it to carrara's browser tray.

i like to use the carrara shader shown in 'holly wet circuit's specular hightlights video tut. originally found it on carraracafe site. good stuff there!!!

looks like they spiffed up the cafe.

i cant find the holly video tutt naos 🐼

wilgrfx ( ) posted Mon, 29 May 2017 at 6:38 PM

MistyLaraPrincess posted at 6:13PM Mon, 29 May 2017 - #4306225

jeanne and eddie are the skin textures that come with the genesis 3 starter essentials.

their ds shader presets are aoa shaders, aoa shaders are dark in carrara.

i think most of us are loading the maps manually in carrara, and then saving it to carrara's browser tray.

i like to use the carrara shader shown in 'holly wet circuit's specular hightlights video tut. originally found it on carraracafe site. good stuff there!!!

Holly Rocks! Perhaps I'll take a look for later also. Right now fingers is twitching... haven't modeled anything in a few days... and need to create something for the current Carrara Challenge.

Do 3DL textures for skin also use AoA? Just bought a G3F Char, uses 3DL, from Digital Creations.

Also I hasa lot of skin shaders bought for Carrara only.

Hmmmm. AoA = AgeOfArmor... hehee

wilgrfx ( ) posted Tue, 30 May 2017 at 2:29 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I just grabbed Girl 7 Pro bundle in preparation for CarrarActor Samantha for Janette.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 31 May 2017 at 8:00 AM

wilgrfx posted at 8:55AM Wed, 31 May 2017 - #4306292

Just wanted to let you know that I just grabbed Girl 7 Pro bundle in preparation for CarrarActor Samantha for Janette.

kewl! 💃

was some nice sale yesterday. i grabbed Gia 7 and Arabella 7.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 07 June 2017 at 1:22 PM

is it a deal breaker?

the anatomical pro bits?

working on a preset for Michael 7's willie. it has the same uvs mess issue all the geografts have. haven't given up on making a preset for it yet, but it does seem futile right naos.

👨

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.