Sat, May 18, 1:40 PM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: carrarActor - genesis 3

wilgrfx ( ) posted Sun, 11 June 2017 at 7:30 AM

Seldom even bother with undergarments unless will/might be needed for cover in a scene pose.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 2:57 PM

i've never tried autofitting a V4 outfit to Janette inside Carrara.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

diomede ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2017 at 4:47 PM

Haven't used autofit, but I have used VWD to drape V4 and M4 clothes on your Genesis 3 figures.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 18 July 2017 at 7:33 PM

found it!!!!!!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 25 July 2017 at 1:44 PM

pne possibility for geografts seems promising.

dress Johnathon in conforming undies, convert gens to blended. load and conform gens to the undies. make undies invisible.

not the best possible solution, but prevents holes punches in Johnathon's mesh and prevents uvs render artifacts.

testing out geograft 'buffers' for Centaur 7 and Minotaur 6.

🌸

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 03 January 2018 at 2:23 PM

I'se thinking of adding a Triax weight preset of G3.

Would anyone be interested?

I would add it to the J & J product. if it'll let me add another zip file to the product.

Triax weighted G3F/M may be susceptible to the same file size drawbacks as Genesis 1 & 2.

but on the other hand, it should trigger triax autofit morph projections.

Genesis 8 eyebrows and eyelashes should benefit more from the morph projections. Wouldn't be able to test theory until i finished the triax preset.

brianp21361 ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2018 at 7:43 AM

Misty I'd like to give it a try. It may simplify my workflow.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2018 at 12:38 PM

would it make better sense to put the Triax versions in a separate subfolder? or keep them in the same folder and name them JanetteTriax / JohnathonTriax?

thinking of the converted hair and outfits, blended vs triax

brianp21361 ( ) posted Sat, 13 January 2018 at 7:29 PM

I think it would be easier if they were in the same folder with a different name.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Thu, 08 August 2019 at 9:02 AM

hello,

i started a skype group for questions and requests and sharing

https://join.skype.com/PXmupXlBGuZN

nude renders are okay in this group.

my personal favorite is boris vallejo, Frazetta style fantasy art.

whats your personal favo(u)rite art style?

diomede ( ) posted Thu, 15 August 2019 at 2:53 PM

RE: Triax and Blended - Converting to blended seemed to work reasonably well for me for Genesis 3 (Vicky 7 and Mike 7). Not sure I understand the costs and benefits of creating triax versions compared to the blended weights.

RE: styles - I like silly toon and claymation styles. I also like fantasy heroes, science fiction adventure, and cheesy classic pinups. When I'm in a rut, I might throw together a Frazzeta Conan type cover or an Elvgren type pinup. Often helps me get back on track.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 20 August 2019 at 8:13 AM

i curious if a triax version would work in Poser with the DSON.

diomede ( ) posted Sun, 08 September 2019 at 10:21 AM

I posted a free outfit for G3F to ShareCG. Fantasy dancer. Just convert the figure rigging to blended weight to use in Carrara with Misty's character. Commercial renders OK, just don't redistribute the mesh/rigging/etc. https://sharecg.com/v/94373/view/21/DAZ-Studio/G3F-Fantasy-DForce-Dancer-Untextured

rubidium ( ) posted Thu, 05 December 2019 at 3:08 PM

Hello, I have recently bought the product (Black Friday Sale 😄 ) and I am trying to learn to use it. I am having difficulties trying to apply some materials: in some cases, when I drag the material to Genesis 3 male (in the instances tree) I get the following error: Error: node name://%40selection/Genesis3Male: not found It happens only in some cases; with other genesis 3 characters the materials can be applied without problems. i suppose that I amb doing something wrong but I do not know how to solve it... Could you help me with this problem? Thank you in advance! Ramon

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2019 at 8:22 AM

In the instance tab, highlight "actor' when applying a material set.

Or to apply a shader to a single shader domain, highlight actor, switch to shader room, drag shader and drop to the shader somain, example face

single shader domain.png

Doc2.png

Daz shaders come in different flavors, some are iray, some are AoA shaders, both of which are potential propblems in carrara. for example iray opacity won't work. some makeups are setup for Daz Studio's LIE layered imaging.

optionally, you could apply your favorite carrara skin shader. Delphinia is a nice one, then manually load the texture maps you're interest in using. for iray shaders, the alpha map would need to manually be selected.

for make up layers, one option is to play with the shader mixer.
another method is to merge the make up layer with skin in a photo editor - (rhis is the method i use)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.