Thu, May 2, 6:39 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 02 3:52 pm)

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

NikKelly ( ) posted Mon, 19 September 2022 at 10:15 PM

I'm about to use a dozen-of V4 as a procession of 'nuns' AKA Medieval Robe + veil in a 'walking labyrinth' i'm crafting...

We don't seem to have such outfits for LaF...

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2022 at 8:28 AM

That's a lot of cloth layering for Medieval Habits.  Which Order are you deciding to represent?  They all have different colorations.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 20 September 2022 at 3:40 PM
hborre posted at 8:28 AM Tue, 20 September 2022 - #4444833

That's a lot of cloth layering for Medieval Habits.  Which Order are you deciding to represent?  They all have different colorations.

It's one of the reasons I wish I could afford Marvelous Designer. I don't sell or even give away any of my creations, so it would work really well for me. I had the demo version, but you can't export the files, so it was good to learn it, but I can't buy it.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

NikKelly ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2022 at 4:30 PM

"Which Order are you deciding to represent ?"

Just generic cultists...

From WIRS#12 (WIP): Tim's neighbour Ashlee wanted some advice. Her friend Danni's cousin Lynne has 'Gone Dark' at a 'Meditation Retreat'...

"No. If anything, Lynne was getting disillusioned. Said they were, 'Totally Creeping Me Out'."

"Anything particular, Danni, or just poor food and bad hours ?"

"Oh, those, too, but they had this crazy belief about an approaching 'Singularity'." 

"Oh ? Sorta '2012' stuff ? 'End of the World is Nigh' ? Apocalypse Pending ?" I offered.

"Sorta. When the 'Stars were Right' or something, their mandala maze would open, they'd triumphantly process to a 'New Eden'." She shrugged. "Supposed to be at the turn of the year, midnight of the Solstice. Didn't happen..."

I felt my nape hair crawl. There was 'Weird', and there was 'WIRS Weird'....

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 23 September 2022 at 4:51 PM · edited Fri, 23 September 2022 at 4:52 PM

NikKelly posted at 4:30 PM Fri, 23 September 2022 - #4445129

"Which Order are you deciding to represent ?"

Just generic cultists...

From WIRS#12 (WIP): Tim's neighbour Ashlee wanted some advice. Her friend Danni's cousin Lynne has 'Gone Dark' at a 'Meditation Retreat'...

"No. If anything, Lynne was getting disillusioned. Said they were, 'Totally Creeping Me Out'."

"Anything particular, Danni, or just poor food and bad hours ?"

"Oh, those, too, but they had this crazy belief about an approaching 'Singularity'." 

"Oh ? Sorta '2012' stuff ? 'End of the World is Nigh' ? Apocalypse Pending ?" I offered.

"Sorta. When the 'Stars were Right' or something, their mandala maze would open, they'd triumphantly process to a 'New Eden'." She shrugged. "Supposed to be at the turn of the year, midnight of the Solstice. Didn't happen..."

I felt my nape hair crawl. There was 'Weird', and there was 'WIRS Weird'....

Wait.... what?!?

I would love to see the accompanying art work...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2022 at 12:58 PM

I still use V4 (and M4) because there's so much stuff available. Morphs, textures, clothing. Converting is a pain, and often, the results aren't that great. It's easier to just use the figure the items were designed for.

This doesn't mean I don't buy and support other figures. But it's hard to compete with the huge backlog of stuff created for V4. Paid and free. (It doesn't hurt that V4 stuff is often super cheap these days.)

I still use V3 as well. There isn't as much stuff currently available for her, because she was supplanted by V4, but I have a  big V3 catalog, because I was here when she was new.

For some reason, I find the Gen 3 figures the best for getting a likeness. I think there are more polys in their faces. Or they are better arranged or something.

That's something I find disappointing about the newer figures. They all have a certain blandness, that's hard to morph out of them. At least with my (very limited) skills. Maybe a result of relying on subdivision? The kind of characters available for, say, La Femme, is still extremely limited, years after she debuted.

I do have high hopes for Dawn 2. But even if she's a mega-success, it will take YEARS before she has as much support as V4.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2022 at 2:17 PM
randym77 posted at 12:58 PM Mon, 26 September 2022 - #4445310

I still use V4 (and M4) because there's so much stuff available. Morphs, textures, clothing. Converting is a pain, and often, the results aren't that great. It's easier to just use the figure the items were designed for.

This doesn't mean I don't buy and support other figures. But it's hard to compete with the huge backlog of stuff created for V4. Paid and free. (It doesn't hurt that V4 stuff is often super cheap these days.)

I still use V3 as well. There isn't as much stuff currently available for her, because she was supplanted by V4, but I have a  big V3 catalog, because I was here when she was new.

For some reason, I find the Gen 3 figures the best for getting a likeness. I think there are more polys in their faces. Or they are better arranged or something.

That's something I find disappointing about the newer figures. They all have a certain blandness, that's hard to morph out of them. At least with my (very limited) skills. Maybe a result of relying on subdivision? The kind of characters available for, say, La Femme, is still extremely limited, years after she debuted.

I do have high hopes for Dawn 2. But even if she's a mega-success, it will take YEARS before she has as much support as V4.

Pretty much the same for me, except that I don't use Vic3 anymore. The last week-ernd, I took the time to count the number of morphologies for Vic4: 407... and not all ported to Sasha.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 26 September 2022 at 10:09 PM
Y-Phil posted at 2:17 PM Mon, 26 September 2022 - #4445319
Pretty much the same for me, except that I don't use Vic3 anymore. The last week-ernd, I took the time to count the number of morphologies for Vic4: 407... and not all ported to Sasha.
So, you have a small selection of V4 characters.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2022 at 8:26 AM

Seven years later and this thread is still going!!!!

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2022 at 10:00 AM
EClark1894 posted at 8:26 AM Tue, 27 September 2022 - #4445350

Seven years later and this thread is still going!!!!

Someone resurrected it, so we all just jumped back in. Kind of cool how that can happen, sometimes.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 27 September 2022 at 3:18 PM

Because I invested a small fortune into her luxuries?  And because Genesis will not work in Poser.  But heck, there are still Posettes out there that I use when it fits my story...

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 1:34 AM

Good memories with Posette at the time ❤

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

shante ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 3:22 PM

BEAUTIFUL FIGURE BUT STILL POINTLESS POSTING FOR NON D/S USERS. I AM SURPRISED NOBODY HAS YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE D/S FIGURES IN POSER. THAT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER THAN A POSER PIGGIE IN POOP!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 3:26 PM
shante posted at 3:22 PM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445409

Well... Thank you for considering so... "politely" the people that still loves Poser common figures, sorry  "POSER PIGGIE IN POOP"...

PhYl.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 3:34 PM
Online Now!

BEAUTIFUL FIGURE BUT STILL POINTLESS POSTING FOR NON D/S USERS. I AM SURPRISED NOBODY HAS YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE D/S FIGURES IN POSER. THAT WOULD MAKE ME HAPPIER THAN A POSER PIGGIE IN POOP!

I'm sorry, this confuses me. Victoria 4 works just fine in Poser.  Or are we now talking about Genesis that never did in any of its iterations, without some complicated and arcane processes that involved a program that is no longer available?

The issue with using Genesis in Poser is the unwillingness of their owner to allow official use/ versioning, not the willingness of inventive and smart Poser users to come up with a way. Victoria 4 was the last DAZ figure that worked seamlessly in Poser.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 4:36 PM

Simple answer: Why not? Not like there's a "Use before" date on the thing, and I have a ton of stuff for it.

Same with V3, V2, Steph, S3P and so on.  Each model has its own look, for better or worse, and it's great to be able to populate a scene with many different looking figures, rather than endless iterations of the same thing.  Except Judy and the original Jessi, who are utterly atrocious and should be avoided at all costs.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 6:17 PM
SamTherapy posted at 4:36 PM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445415

Simple answer: Why not? Not like there's a "Use before" date on the thing, and I have a ton of stuff for it.

Same with V3, V2, Steph, S3P and so on.  Each model has its own look, for better or worse, and it's great to be able to populate a scene with many different looking figures, rather than endless iterations of the same thing.  Except Judy and the original Jessi, who are utterly atrocious and should be avoided at all costs.

By the way, Sam, my condolences on the queen, long live the king! :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 6:46 PM
EClark1894 posted at 6:17 PM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445418

Thanks, mate.  Honestly, royalty ain't my thing.  Viva la republica!

My Store

My Gallery

shante ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 11:36 PM
SamTherapy posted at 6:46 PM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445421
EClark1894 posted at 6:17 PM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445418

Thanks, mate.  Honestly, royalty ain't my thing.  Viva la republica!
GOTTEN TO USE SOME NICE JUDY MORPHS FROM BACK IN THE DAY BUT GOTTA USE HER CAREFULLY OR HER JOINTS GOT HAYWIRE. RIGHT TO ABOUT V2/V3 ASWELL AS V4 BEFORE MY MACHINA DIED DID A LOT OF RENDERS WITH V2 AND V4 TOGETHER. V3 WAS ALWAYS EXCLUDED BECAUSE I ALWAYS HATED HER SHOULDERS

shante ( ) posted Wed, 28 September 2022 at 11:40 PM
Rhia474 posted at 3:34 PM Wed, 28 September 2022 - #4445411

I'm sorry, this confuses me. Victoria 4 works just fine in Poser.  Or are we now talking about Genesis that never did in any of its iterations, without some complicated and arcane processes that involved a program that is no longer available?

The issue with using Genesis in Poser is the unwillingness of their owner to allow official use/ versioning, not the willingness of inventive and smart Poser users to come up with a way. Victoria 4 was the last DAZ figure that worked seamlessly in Poser.

WASN'T REFERRING TO V4 TOOK A WHILE TO GET ALL THE FIXER MORPHS FOR HER BUT LOVED HER UNTIL MY DAMN MACBOOK ENT SOUTH MAKINH IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTINUE CREATING MY IMAGES. NO POSER OR PHOTOSHOP OR ANYTHING "ART" SINCE THE COVID PLAGUE LOCKDOWN OF 2020.  :(

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 1:23 AM

Oh and I don't know your history shante but being old enough to be connected before the internet exists, I know that there's a standard from these far times: writing a message in uppercase means shouting, even insulting the others

JUST IN CASE.

PhYl.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 4:03 AM
Y-Phil posted at 1:23 AM Thu, 29 September 2022 - #4445438

Oh and I don't know your history shante but being old enough to be connected before the internet exists, I know that there's a standard from these far times: writing a message in uppercase means shouting, even insulting the others

JUST IN CASE.

Shante posted earlier that his keyboard is Donald Ducked, hence the caps.

My Store

My Gallery

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 9:29 AM
SamTherapy posted at 4:03 AM Thu, 29 September 2022 - #4445443

JUST IN CASE.

Donald Ducked. Gotta remember that.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 12:52 PM

rokket posted at 9:29 AM Thu, 29 September 2022 - #4445462

SamTherapy posted at 4:03 AM Thu, 29 September 2022 - #4445443

JUST IN CASE.

Donald Ducked. Gotta remember that.
French-speaking here: I'm doing my best to write good English (thanks DeepL),  I know Donal duck (since I was a child), but I can't get the meaning 😄

PhYl.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 1:58 PM
Site Admin

Native English speaker here and this is the first tie I've heard that expression. His keyboard isn't working right and the capslock is stuck until he can get a new one.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 2:21 PM
RedPhantom posted at 1:58 PM Thu, 29 September 2022 - #4445484

Native English speaker here and this is the first tie I've heard that expression.

Me, too, but I think I get it. It's along the lines of Cockney rhyming slang. A word that rhymes with "duck" that's not suitable for polite company.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 2:24 PM

piXJZ7raglLmXZNyIMIsZ9xW5rg4Vq8vM2ptmhyR.jpg

PhYl.

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 3:07 PM

@shante: There is a way to use recent Genesis figures in Poser, if you use Windows-- Genesis 3 Poser Updater by willdial. If you just want the body shape, I have two freebies that get you [retty darned close. Jenny 8 for La Femme and Jenny 3 for Pauline.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2022 at 10:02 AM

Am I to understand then that until L'Femme or  anyone else matches her wardrobe size, V4 will be in use?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2022 at 10:43 AM
Online Now!
Wardrobe, skin, poses...I like LF, but she is not nearly as versatile right now for basic users as V4, for various reasons. LF's wardrobe tends towards skimpy and heavy on leathers.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 02 October 2022 at 10:22 PM

Most of V4's wardrobe in the early going was all geared toward NVIATWAS, or slut wear too.

Most of what is available for her for free is what I just stated. But there are a lot of different options out there. And most of the "everyday wear" has "slut" options.

But until I get off my carcass and finish installing all of the Poser 11 content, I won't be messing with LF any time soon.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 2:39 AM

EClark1894 posted at 10:02 AM Sun, 2 October 2022 - #4445712

Am I to understand then that until L'Femme or  anyone else matches her wardrobe size, V4 will be in use?

IMO, yes. Unless converting textures, clothing, etc. becomes much easier than it currently is.

There are weight-mapped versions of V4 that pose much better than the original. There's a ton of stuff available for her, and it's free or really, really cheap. I use other figures, too, and am really excited about Dawn 2, but I don't see myself giving up V4 any time soon. She's more than adequate for the kind of art I Iike, and I have some characters I've been using for years, that I will keep using.

V4's wardrobe does skew toward pinup wear, but that's also true of every other female figure. So having a huge wardrobe increases your chances of finding something a woman might actually wear to go tramping around Mirkwood or fight aliens from outer space.

My favorite V4 outfit remains "Courageous" (and the corresponding "Valiant" for M4). Just really, really useful clothing. Something a person could actually wear and not freeze or chafe to death. With boots you can walk through a forest in without breaking your ankles. Also comes with belts, bracers, pouches, weapons.

The material zones are fantastic, and let you easily change skirt and sleeve length. Morphs let you tuck the pants into the boots, add or remove the belt, etc. There's a ton of cosplay stuff that use Courageous and Valiant as a base. Star Trek uniforms, various video game costumes, Dr Who, Babylon 5, etc. You can turn it into everything from Troi's long dress to Uhura's minidress to the TNG and DS9 jumpsuitt uniforms. So far, even Genesis doesn't have anything as versatile. The Trek uniforms I've seen made for Genesis are skintight, apparently made with some kind of bodysuit.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 5:54 PM

Yep.

My 1st big run with clothing conversions was moving the Courageous & Valiant to all of my non-V4/M4 base meshes.

I did them for Daz V2/M2, V3/M3, P6 Jessie, G2 Jessie, Sydney, Olivia, Miki 1020, Miki 2, Miki 3, Miki 4, P8 Alyson,  Alyson 2, Antonia, Apollo Max,  Dawn, Dusk, Eroko, Rikishi, MayaGirl, The Girl, Kez & Koz, Mariko, MyMichelle, Paul, Pauline, Rex, Roxie, Project E, Ryan-Tyler, P6 Koji, P6 James, P7 James, Kelvin, Koji, and Simon.  I am sure I have others, gotta look.

I have reworked those texture zones to add additional colors (Green is Sec, Grey is Support) updated the badges & added ship crests for the commander.

It is great having everyone in the same uniform.

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 11:31 PM

Because the wonderful folks at DAZ3D want $120 pre sale for V...9?Release TBA S.s.s.s.s.soon not really free turn up the sub D add another 2x resolution to the image maps that will make your fresh 11th gen intel build bog like 1999

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Tue, 04 October 2022 at 12:24 AM
JimTS posted at 11:31 PM Mon, 3 October 2022 - #4445805

Because the wonderful folks at DAZ3D want $120 pre sale for V...9?Release TBA S.s.s.s.s.soon not really free turn up the sub D add another 2x resolution to the image maps that will make your fresh 11th gen intel build bog like 1999

Well, they have the G9 base figure free with some base morphs. Most of them are skilled enough to shape their own characters. Some others just wait for more morph sets and characters.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2022 at 7:05 PM · edited Sat, 08 October 2022 at 7:05 PM

V4 and A4

I never finished the costumes. One day I will...

HUWQEE2x7FV5iTigQ0EgzVaSVKPWBJPgSOG7tYlb.png

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2022 at 3:03 PM · edited Sun, 09 October 2022 at 3:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Would you leave her for another? 😄

(no postwork)

T8tnFgi0RJTmbwi9P7UAchAtjLRLs1HXbI4cWFnx.JPG

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2022 at 3:20 PM

Well... she's leaving you LOL!

(no postwork)

cKnGUF3tQXvgrXjk74ICB1GQGjl0WSLRUcLetO7Q.JPG

dml2000 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2022 at 1:06 AM

it's so nice to write about using Poser without others jumping in and claiming DAZ is better. I agree it is, but I have too much invested in Poser and I am happy using Pro 2014 even though I have P11.  I still create comics and sell them with no complaints about image quality. I have great post working skills and a keen eye for detail and the rest I do with Comic Life .  My art is a bit too risqué for Renderosity and I am not sure some old renders I posted are still here anymore. They were quite tame compared to the stuff I do now.  But they do sell and as a retired person extra cash comes in quite handy

Regards Shadoman

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2022 at 5:57 AM
dml2000 posted at 1:06 AM Wed, 12 October 2022 - #4446470

it's so nice to write about using Poser without others jumping in and claiming DAZ is better. I agree it is, but I have too much invested in Poser and I am happy using Pro 2014 even though I have P11.  I still create comics and sell them with no complaints about image quality. I have great post working skills and a keen eye for detail and the rest I do with Comic Life .  My art is a bit too risqué for Renderosity and I am not sure some old renders I posted are still here anymore. They were quite tame compared to the stuff I do now.  But they do sell and as a retired person extra cash comes in quite handy

Regards Shadoman

How about writing down an URL if any of your art  is posted online so we can take a look?

dml2000 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2022 at 7:27 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I found it.  wow still here after all this time..  dml2000's Gallery on Renderosity

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2022 at 3:14 PM · edited Wed, 12 October 2022 at 3:14 PM

EClark1894 posted at 5:57 AM Wed, 12 October 2022 - #4446475

dml2000 posted at 1:06 AM Wed, 12 October 2022 - #4446470

Regards Shadoman

How about writing down an URL if any of your art  is posted online so we can take a look?
id79ITooJA6I8ZEcwmbQ4DwY2XA2G1unjo2ue5QD.jpg

dml2000 ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2022 at 5:13 PM · edited Fri, 21 October 2022 at 12:59 PM

as the picture defines I am a Premier artist at Renderotica  and as such the work that is posted there is of a highly Kinky nature and in most cases without the excessive gore of some artist I have a gallery in the thousands but here is, and it is all Poser using V3 and V4 and their male counterparts..  besides my galleries I have created over 134 comics at two sites  Renderotica and Amazing Transformation comics 

Renderotica - - 3D Erotic Art Gallery    Renderotica - Catalog - Erotic Comics, 3D Comics, 3D Models, 3D Content  Shadoman Archives - Amazing Transformation Comics

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 7:01 AM · edited Thu, 13 October 2022 at 7:01 AM

Oh thank you for the links, but... not ready to buy tica's Premier advantage, at least as long the website is so slow and as long as their site is so poorly designed

PhYl.

dml2000 ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 9:50 AM

You are welcome for the links.  Agree about Premier Advantage However any image without a "P" is free gallery stuff and if you just sign up, you are allowed a few pics per day to look at no cost to you.  If you are an Artist you can apply work to the many contests they run and win free Premier Advantage for 1-3 months as a prize   with that said, I am not here to promote Rendeotica ..    There was a time I would have, but not anymore.  Their forums are mostly technical in nature and I avoid them, especially with a few trolling members that jump on me if any talk of using Poser is brought up.  The last thing I need is to get another strike against me and I would be banned from "The Artist" part of the website and only be a   Store Vendor

Regards  Shadoman

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:18 PM · edited Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:18 PM

dml2000 posted at 9:50 AM Thu, 13 October 2022 - #4446548

You are welcome for the links.  Agree about Premier Advantage However any image without a "P" is free gallery stuff and if you just sign up, you are allowed a few pics per day to look at no cost to you.  If you are an Artist you can apply work to the many contests they run and win free Premier Advantage for 1-3 months as a prize   with that said, I am not here to promote Rendeotica ..    There was a time I would have, but not anymore.  Their forums are mostly technical in nature and I avoid them, especially with a few trolling members that jump on me if any talk of using Poser is brought up.  The last thing I need is to get another strike against me and I would be banned from "The Artist" part of the website and only be a   Store Vendor

Regards  Shadoman

😁

On some discord servers, when I present my Poser-based pinups, as they absolutely don't look like the standard 35-yo-22-yo-wanna-look-like-genetically-upgraded standard G8...9...10...11..12-based pinup (I've lost the count... lol), sometimes presented as the female version of Mr. Schwarzie or any bibendum-like girl, sometimes as a woman to which the first "Hi!" could cost me $1000,  my pictures are receiving at best shrug of the shoulders,  ps9hZCo44fWCidMxId0co8VSuLBxmx32c8OG2C4v.gif
And it's pretty much the same on DA...  DfVvyoIHkwKjPEs73KR1r2X9af2vkErurnGEspbc.gif
So that I understand you S4fLqQeaOUnZESsVvlI3ERhTrq3GjKR5BJv9lzIe.gif

PhYl.

anupaum ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 12:09 PM · edited Fri, 21 October 2022 at 12:12 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Okay, I'm going to jump in . . . .

The new props, clothes and hair for Genesis and Daz Studio are often stunning. I DO wish that I could use them, and I've even bought a Python script to import props into Poser 12. It doesn't always work the way I'd like it to work, and of course, none of the clothing fits V4 and M4 anymore.

But in terms of the mesh and textures, with really good textures available for V4 and M4, and using weight-mapped figures, I don't see the rendering advantage to using Genesis. What I use for Victoria 4 and Michael 4 have long since been paid for, and the newer figures for Poser don't impress me. If I can still do THIS with V4 and M4, then what else do I need?

7HoEEk7iWsoKzWZQRCDTripHdh4H5ziidTne0PkI.png

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 12:16 PM
anupaum posted at 12:09 PM Fri, 21 October 2022 - #4447198

Okay, I'm going to jump in . . . .

The new props, clothes and hair for Genesis and Daz Studio are often stunning. I DO wish that I could use them, and I've even bought a Python script to import props into Poser 12. It doesn't always work the way I'd like it to work, and of course, none of the clothing fits V4 and M4 anymore.

But in terms of the mesh and textures, with really good textures available for V4 and M4, and using weight-mapped figures, I don't see the rendering advantage to using Genesis. What I use for Victoria 4 and Michael 4 have long since been paid for, and the newer figures for Poser don't impress me. If I can still do THIS with V4 and M4, then what else do I need?

7HoEEk7iWsoKzWZQRCDTripHdh4H5ziidTne0PkI.png

Change the figure to Unimesh skinning and you'll get rid of those blue body part seams appearing on the hands.

Digitell ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 12:59 PM
dml2000 posted at 5:13 PM Wed, 12 October 2022 - #4446504

as the picture defines I am a Premier artist at Renderotica  and as such the work that is posted there is of a highly Kinky nature and in most cases without the excessive gore of some artist I have a gallery in the thousands but here is, and it is all Poser using V3 and V4 and their male counterparts..  besides my galleries I have created over 134 comics at two sites  Renderotica and Amazing Transformation comics 

Renderotica - - 3D Erotic Art Gallery    Renderotica - Catalog - Erotic Comics, 3D Comics, 3D Models, 3D Content  Shadoman Archives - Amazing Transformation Comics

Linking to these places is not allowed. You can mention them, just not link to them

dml2000 ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 1:34 PM

Digitell posted at 12:59 PM Fri, 21 October 2022 - #4447208

dml2000 posted at 5:13 PM Wed, 12 October 2022 - #4446504

Linking to these places is not allowed. You can mention them, just not link to them
my apologies  it looks like this is happening all over.  Renderotica now has software in place to delete any url link.  whatever happened to link friendly websites,  Have all the store fronts gotten that competitive? 

in regards to comments under pictures.  I have found that most viewers, unless that have any background in art, cannot convey anything other than  wow, or that very good,  and even those complements are few and far between.  I look at the "hits" and the "likes"  and base response of my art on those values.  Mind you I have been doing this since 2002

regards Shadoman

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.