Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Why are you still using V4?

EClark1894 opened this issue on Jun 29, 2015 ยท 761 posts

randym77 posted Mon, 03 October 2022 at 2:39 AM

EClark1894 posted at 10:02 AM Sun, 2 October 2022 - #4445712

Am I to understand then that until L'Femme or  anyone else matches her wardrobe size, V4 will be in use?

IMO, yes. Unless converting textures, clothing, etc. becomes much easier than it currently is.

There are weight-mapped versions of V4 that pose much better than the original. There's a ton of stuff available for her, and it's free or really, really cheap. I use other figures, too, and am really excited about Dawn 2, but I don't see myself giving up V4 any time soon. She's more than adequate for the kind of art I Iike, and I have some characters I've been using for years, that I will keep using.

V4's wardrobe does skew toward pinup wear, but that's also true of every other female figure. So having a huge wardrobe increases your chances of finding something a woman might actually wear to go tramping around Mirkwood or fight aliens from outer space.

My favorite V4 outfit remains "Courageous" (and the corresponding "Valiant" for M4). Just really, really useful clothing. Something a person could actually wear and not freeze or chafe to death. With boots you can walk through a forest in without breaking your ankles. Also comes with belts, bracers, pouches, weapons.

The material zones are fantastic, and let you easily change skirt and sleeve length. Morphs let you tuck the pants into the boots, add or remove the belt, etc. There's a ton of cosplay stuff that use Courageous and Valiant as a base. Star Trek uniforms, various video game costumes, Dr Who, Babylon 5, etc. You can turn it into everything from Troi's long dress to Uhura's minidress to the TNG and DS9 jumpsuitt uniforms. So far, even Genesis doesn't have anything as versatile. The Trek uniforms I've seen made for Genesis are skintight, apparently made with some kind of bodysuit.