Sun, May 5, 7:59 AM CDT

Welcome to the La Femme 2 Forum

Forum Moderators: Kalypso, CreatorJacqueline

(Last Updated: 2024 May 04 4:13 am)

Subject: Dynamic Clothes WIPs for La Femme 2

odf ( ) posted Sun, 24 March 2024 at 4:28 PM
Varnayrah posted at 4:09 PM Sun, 24 March 2024 - #4482810

That looks sweet with the belt! What if the belt was higher, below the breasts, so there was an empire-like silhouette?

That's a great idea. I'll give that a try.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 2:47 AM

Well, an unattached belt won't stay up above the waist, so I sewed in a new pattern piece instead and ended up with this. It does feel vaguely old-timey to me, but I couldn't pin down the period.

siFKVmAuqrKlmbJWoVam7cMm1sqoBaIYXpqGLoxq.jpg

odf ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 7:08 PM

I think Iโ€˜ll just publish the original babydoll as is quite soon, and take some more time to develop the belted/empire/whatever variant.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 8:36 PM

Maybe I could add bloomers and a bonnet and call it the damsel outfit. ๐Ÿ˜‚

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2024 at 8:49 PM

That might work.ย  Go for it.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2024 at 12:20 AM

The one downside of that plan is that I already had an idea for a damsel outfit, which would involve a long bodice dress, shawl and hooded cloak. Then one could do renders in which Adventurer LF2, having swashbuckled herself into a pickle, has to be rescued by Damsel LF2's razor-sharp wits and dainty, high-precision lady revolver (or dainty, high-precision lady-crossbow, if one prefers).

odf ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 3:12 AM

Breaking news: the Easter Bunny went on long service leave this year and LF2 was hired as a substitute, so now we've got to get her an appropriate outfit ready. 😁ย v3yiXAeGn7cK3SvKqSKkGmWfDuKIfFteizTllrh6.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 9:58 AM

You don't have very much time.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 2:25 PM

Thatโ€˜s why weโ€™re doing the ears next. If we donโ€™t finish all the details, she can still hop along.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 3:04 PM

Cool!ย  I can't wait to see how she sports the outfit.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 5:32 PM

Haha, don't expect too much. I'm just a lazy old geezer amusing myself and trying a new trick every now and then. In this case making a strapless dynamic outfit that stays up on her chest in both MD and Poser, which I've now achieved. But the cuffs, collar, tailย  and bunny ears are also interesting little challenges. She's already got tights, and I think some high heels from elleque will work nicely with the outfit.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 5:33 PM

You haven't disappointed me yet.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2024 at 8:15 PM

Thank you, thank you!

In case anyone's curious as how I made the piece above: When working in MD, I like to start from patterns I made earlier, in this case a cropped tank top and a pair of panties. I removed all the hemming, connected them into one piece, which I then simplified and shaped until I had a basic one-piece swimsuit. From that I cut off everything up top that didn't look like a bunny suit and switched to a really stiff material for the bust and the corresponding bit in the back so that they would not sag. That's the darker parts in the image. Then in Poser, I added those parts to the constrained group to keep them in place and simulated as usual. I had expected some difficulties along the way, but it actually worked like a charm.

7JeuS5jHccHupJjAgv28T33Ltw1TmIB2TT2NzAeK.jpg

odf ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 4:18 AM ยท edited Fri, 29 March 2024 at 4:18 AM

A first go at some bunny ears:

JlcejbtpFnEZeB1nnJkqjZP1jLao4DcjluJfiMlR.jpg

Tipol ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 6:42 AM

Nice costume, what software do you work with? For my part I have been modeling with hexagon free software from Daz since the beginning and it is a totally different approach.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2024 at 5:17 PM
Tipol posted at 6:42 AM Fri, 29 March 2024 - #4482995

Nice costume, what software do you work with? For my part I have been modeling with hexagon free software from Daz since the beginning and it is a totally different approach.

I use MarvelousDesigner (MD), and sometimes Blender, like for the ears. I've never had the skill or patience to make clothes in a regular 3d software. I've never been a Hexagon person, either. It was all Wings3d for me back in the day.

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 1:49 AM

I love those ears - for some reason ;-)

odf ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 2:08 AM
LapinDeFer posted at 1:49 AM Sat, 30 March 2024 - #4483044

I love those ears - for some reason ;-)

๐Ÿคฃ

odf ( ) posted Sat, 30 March 2024 at 3:48 AM

Now she's acquired a collar, too.ย foq2xXnTfdAPdjR5pFj5lMAOHSwWR5CWW5RJNJPG.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sun, 31 March 2024 at 3:13 AM

She's in full gear now and all hyped up to lay out some eggs.

I might come back to this costume later and do some more detail work, especially if folks are keen to see it in FreeStuff at some point.

FD42tQ5qh5u1HrujtH4sTGCI8FbPVMpz7hncxcTO.jpg

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 2:54 AM

I would love to see the rabbit suit as a freebie!

odf ( ) posted Thu, 04 April 2024 at 5:18 PM
LapinDeFer posted at 2:54 AM Thu, 4 April 2024 - #4483230

I would love to see the rabbit suit as a freebie!

๐Ÿ‘

odf ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2024 at 2:34 AM

I'm getting back to this silly frilly thing which I hope to stuff into FreeStuff soon. Do you think this image here would work as a thumbnail/promo without having to tick the nudity box, or is it still too transparent?

tgn7OqLltmjIBAcHIAJ4bkpcLf8Qh2kvVQz552YY.jpg

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2024 at 10:29 PM
Forum Moderator
odf posted at 2:34 AM Mon, 15 April 2024 - #4483609

I'm getting back to this silly frilly thing which I hope to stuff into FreeStuff soon. Do you think this image here would work as a thumbnail/promo without having to tick the nudity box, or is it still too transparent?

I think I would make it a tad bit less transparent so as to avoid checking the nudity box, just to be safe~

odf ( ) posted Mon, 15 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Thanks, that sounds about right. Thinking about it some more, most of the materials I'll be including are rather see-through, so maybe ticking the nudity box to indicate that is not a bad idea.

jroulin ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2024 at 8:18 AM
Online Now!
odf posted at 2:34 AM Mon, 15 April 2024 - #4483609

tgn7OqLltmjIBAcHIAJ4bkpcLf8Qh2kvVQz552YY.jpg

That set is very nice odf! I will surly download it as soon as it hits the free section.

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

The set is lovely. The see-thru-ness is undoubtedly part of it. But for the presentation picture a bit more obscurity might be advisable.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2024 at 6:11 PM

I could also split the difference and use one of the original see-through materials with her bikini underneath.

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 2:59 AM

Bingo!!

odf ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 3:10 AM

Yeah, that works nicely, I think:ย 5A6X4MhZ9VAOHIYUH39Yw8XexI5K1soyRAMsYDEJ.jpg

SIGASIGA ( ) posted Wed, 17 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

it's great !

odf ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2024 at 5:15 AM

I thought it was time I made her a dress.ย U6B4qz1mPo1zCd4tf1vs25H0LrGw55ZFLQAoMuix.jpg

SIGASIGA ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2024 at 5:54 AM ยท edited Tue, 23 April 2024 at 5:55 AM
it looks good

LapinDeFer ( ) posted Tue, 23 April 2024 at 5:20 PM

Great dress!

odf ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 7:02 PM ยท edited Wed, 24 April 2024 at 7:02 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Looks like her new dress is bound to nip slips, so she may need some fashion tape (a.k.a. constraint polys) on her chest in addition to the shoulders.ย RmVLaspwpiLUEhn78p1ZCNKlToBPf7Sui9D6vBMs.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 7:29 PM

Love the texture.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 8:05 PM
hborre posted at 7:29 PM Wed, 24 April 2024 - #4483978

Love the texture.

Thanks! It's my procedural knit pattern from the Cozy set, just scaled down a bit.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM ยท edited Wed, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

From what I've tried so far, it seems the best way to prevent the nip slip is constraining the fabric at the apex of the bust, which fortuitously coincides with the location of that naughty anatomical detail that we're trying to hide. I'm also not pinning the dress to the shoulders in this particular render but may have to for other poses. In order to prevent the crumpling issues that we had in the Bookworm pinafore, I'll have to make the dress load with a bit of separation from the skin. Here I simulated that by simply scaling it to 102% at frame 1.ย LIjItWptQc5Mlwqwmr7ZLfnpaK5igpm460vHsfK6.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 3:51 AM

Does anyone happen to know if vertex groups (such as the constrained group used in dynamics) can be set via a pose (pp2) file? I've been trying the dress with a number of poses, and usually constraining at the shoulders and nipples work quite well, but when she's got her arms up, it looks terrible that way and not constraining any areas at all is much better. So, I was thinking having a pose to switch between the two instead of having to fiddle around in the cloth room would be neat.

I can always just try it out, but any insights would still be appreciated.

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 5:07 AM
Online Now!

Never tried it that way but from my experiments it could work. I think you should be able to add all the none constrained verttex in the default group in a pp2 file. It should overwrite the groups so no need to add a pose with it. If you do so the bad boys can also use it if they want to have nude shoulders and more. I would do two files one no constrained and one constrained so that the user can switch back to the default values and in this case the vertex needs to go in the constrained.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 27 April 2024 at 5:50 PM
jroulin posted at 5:07 AM Sat, 27 April 2024 - #4484046

Never tried it that way but from my experiments it could work. I think you should be able to add all the none constrained verttex in the default group in a pp2 file. It should overwrite the groups so no need to add a pose with it. If you do so the bad boys can also use it if they want to have nude shoulders and more. I would do two files one no constrained and one constrained so that the user can switch back to the default values and in this case the vertex needs to go in the constrained.

👍

odf ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2024 at 3:29 AM

Hmm, I tried it, and it didn't seem to work. I might just save two versions of the dress, a constrained one for poses with the arms down, and an unconstrained one for poses with the arms up and for when one actually wants things to slip. That should cover the most common cases, so that folks will only have to fiddle with the group editor if they want special effects.

jroulin ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2024 at 2:46 PM
Online Now!

Oh just one question, how did you open the pp2 file? I remember that the UV coordinates for the different groupes are not showing if you open it with PoserED. To see what happends you need to open it with a standard text editor.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 28 April 2024 at 4:58 PM ยท edited Sun, 28 April 2024 at 4:59 PM

I'm not quite sure how that's relevant, but I use vscode for all my Poser file editing needs (unless it's just simple search/replace, for which I use sed). It can collapse sections and highlight mismatched braces, so I don't need any special purpose editor.

jroulin ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2024 at 7:11 AM
Online Now!

Lets make it short did you find something like that? The v 3158 ..... are the vert that are in the groupe and they needs to be present in one of those or nothing will happen

vertsGroup _constrained_

{

v 3158

v 3733

}

vertsGroup _softDecorated_

{

v 565

v 566

v 567

v 568

v 569

v 603

v 604

v 605

v 606

odf ( ) posted Mon, 29 April 2024 at 6:09 PM

I tried two things: copy the .pp2 to a .pz2 and remove everything except for the "vertGroup" data, and remove just the object geometry and leave everything else in. I'm not used to mucking about with pose files anymore, though, so there may be something obvious I may have missed. If anyone knows how to make it work, it would be great if you could share an example file, so I don't have to strain my reading comprehension. 😁

In this specific case, it turns out that if I load the dress with the "sleeves" pulled closer together, constraining them just at the top of the shoulders works nicely for pretty much all poses except when she's straight up lying on her back.

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 2:41 PM
Online Now!

Well I will have a look at it when I find a little time. If I find something I will post it here. Maybe it is also simply not posible to do it.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 01 May 2024 at 6:20 PM
jroulin posted at 2:41 PM Wed, 1 May 2024 - #4484179

Well I will have a look at it when I find a little time. If I find something I will post it here. Maybe it is also simply not posible to do it.

👍

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.