Mon, Apr 29, 1:24 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 12:23 pm)

Subject: Opened Poser 10 today... libraries replaced by a flashplayer icon.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2021 at 2:48 PM

Talos posted at 2:46PM Mon, 18 January 2021 - #4410585

"Windows can't find C: Appdata. Check spelling and try again." I'm usually good at this. Can't find the Appdata or the poser.ini. Would getting Poser 11 fix it?? I have Windows 7 and Poser 10. Maybe the Windows 7 is the problem. I've spent all weekend on it. I'll work on the other fixes like P3DO or XL library manager. About 25 years of my life and my money is invested in Poser. This is depressing.

Same boat. No Appdata, no poser.ini. I have Windows 10 and Poser 9. My old Poser 7 hasn't been affected, but searching in the library is like going back to the 19th century. I too have spent a fortune on Poser.

romangirl ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2021 at 2:53 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 2:52PM Mon, 18 January 2021 - #4410502

I found this if anyone cares to test it... seems that will work with any Poser version

http://neocron.webspaceforme.net/library/downloads/ 

@romangirl - You can use Poser 7 to create your scene, save it and load it in Poser 9 & render it... until you find a solution for your Poser 9.

That's my only option right now, thanks!

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 19 January 2021 at 3:56 PM

romangirl posted at 3:55PM Tue, 19 January 2021 - #4410659

Talos posted at 2:46PM Mon, 18 January 2021 - #4410585

"Windows can't find C: Appdata. Check spelling and try again." I'm usually good at this. Can't find the Appdata or the poser.ini. Would getting Poser 11 fix it?? I have Windows 7 and Poser 10. Maybe the Windows 7 is the problem. I've spent all weekend on it. I'll work on the other fixes like P3DO or XL library manager. About 25 years of my life and my money is invested in Poser. This is depressing.

Same boat. No Appdata, no poser.ini. I have Windows 10 and Poser 9. My old Poser 7 hasn't been affected, but searching in the library is like going back to the 19th century. I too have spent a fortune on Poser.

You need to make hidden files/folders visible in order to see Appdata and consequently the Poser.ini.

jan_scrapper ( ) posted Tue, 19 January 2021 at 4:08 PM

I use Poser Pro 2014 and changed to Poser.ini.

It works perfectly, as far as I know!!! What a shock to see this morning!!!

Thank you so very much!!!

Digitell ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2021 at 11:03 AM

Here is some helpful info on Poser and Flash

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/499/how-to-fix-your-runtime-now-that-adobe-flash-has-reached-end-of-life

jan_scrapper ( ) posted Wed, 20 January 2021 at 11:04 AM

Thank you so much!!!

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 3:18 PM

If I install Poser 11 or 12, will my old library magically reappear?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 22 January 2021 at 3:54 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

No. You won't suddenly get a library in Poser 9. You can however import your poser 9 runtimes into poser 11 or 12 and use them in the newer version.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

ratscloset ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 1:24 PM

A few possible answers for some issues I have seen here... To Poser Preferences, Embedded means Flash. The AIR Library was External. If you set the option to Embedded in the Preferences of the application, it will launch to Flash the next time. Not sure what happens with the edits in Poser.ini

If you are not seeing AppData folder, change your File Explorer View options to Show Hidden Files and Folders. AppData is hidden by default.

With Poser 12 (and 11) you can link to older Libraries using the Add Library option in Poser and selecting the Folder of the Library that contains the Runtime Folder. A few pointers on this....

If you have older scripts, you may encounter some errors on launch after linking the older Library. If you have it as part of your Application Folder, you may want to consider Copying it over to its own folder in the Public Documents (Shared Folder on Mac) and link from there after cleaning up the application files in the Runtime Folder of the Application. Most users of Poser 8 and later should not have this issue unless you intentionally set the Main Library to the Program Files Folder. I will add that before moving, check your User Account Virtual Store Folder for any content... long explanation, but the short of it is Windows may have added content installed or saved to the Main Library to the Virtual Store folder if the Library was in the Program Files folder.

ratscloset
aka John

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 23 January 2021 at 2:33 PM

ATM, any script written in Python 2 will not work in P12, it currently uses Python 3. So be aware of this issue before transferring scripts to P12 or considering removing P11 from your system. Until scripts are updated or converted to Python 3, develop a solid workaround to minimize major any impact on your workflow.

an0malaus ( ) posted Tue, 26 January 2021 at 3:30 PM · edited Tue, 26 January 2021 at 3:39 PM

For any mac users with Poser 10 or Poser Pro 2014 who've skipped to the end of this thread without reading the whole lot, I'll reiterate the process of restoring access to your library runtimes since Flash Player has exited the building.

• Exit Poser (This is very important, as Poser will overwrite your preferences file when it exits, wasting your time)
  • In the Finder, open a new Finder window; From the File menu, choose New Finder Window (or press ⌘N)
  • With the new finder window selected, from the Go menu, choose Go To Folder... (or press ⇧⌘G)
  • In the "Go to the folder:" dialog, type "~/Library" without the double-quotes, and click Go (this is required as a user's Library folder is normally hidden).
  • Within the "~/Library" folder, navigate to "Application Support/Poser/10" for Poser 10 or "Application Support/Poser Pro/10" for Poser Pro 2014.
  • In that folder, you will find a file called "Poser Prefs". Select the file and from the File menu, choose Duplicate (or press ⌘D). This will create "Poser Prefs copy", a backup.
  • Select "Poser Prefs" again, and from the file menu choose Open With..., and then TextEdit (or your preferred text editor) from the dropdown menu.
  • When TextEdit opens, make sure the Poser Prefs window is selected, then from the Edit>Find menu, choose Find... (or press ⌘F) and type LIBRARY_IS_AIR into the Search box and press return.
  • Double-click on the "0" following the selection and type the digit 1
  • Save the Poser Prefs file.
  • If you chose to IGNORE the warning to Quit Poser beforehand, Quit it NOW and save the Poser Prefs file again, making sure it still shows "LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1".
  • Quit TextEdit (or whichever text editor you used.
  • Launch Poser 10 or Poser Pro 2014.
  • The Poser Library app should also launch. Its window is unfortunately not dockable within Poser's interface, since it's a separate app, but it has all the functionality, including drag and drop into Poser.

NOTES:

• When Poser 10/PPro2014 launches, you may not see the library palette. If not, from the Window menu, choose Libraries, which will launch the Poser Library app.

• When the Poser Library starts, you may see something similar to this: Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.35.16 am.png

• Simply click Continue and the SSL Certificate dialog will go away.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

mjmdvm ( ) posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 12:19 PM

Just wondering if anyone has come up with any new solutions to the missing library issue. I have Poser Pro 2014 ( ver 10.0.5.28925) and did the edits of the Poser.ini file as suggested. The library did appear after than, but on subsequent restarts of PP2014 it's gone again. The values are still changed in the Poser.ini file but no library appears. I als made sure I set the Library to "embedded" in the Preferences tab.

Now, if I click on the icons in the far upper right ( above the parameter dials) I get this window confirming that PP 2014 can't find the libraries:

capture 3.JPG

Interestingly I can load things into Poser by Opening a Runtime in Windows Explorer and just dragging a model into the viewport.

I admit that I primarily use DAZ Studio now because I prefer the Genesis line of figures, but I still use Poser to load Poser specific content into a Runtime that's linked to DS. It's faster than unzipping content and manually installing into the linked Runtime . On occasion I may even do an export from Poser into a format I can use in Cinema4D.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Right now I don't have room in my budget for a Poser upgrade especially for how I'm using it.

PC specs: Windows 10 ( fully updated) 64 bit Intel Core i7 CPU 3.60 GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics

Kerya ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2021 at 2:09 AM · edited Sun, 21 February 2021 at 2:09 AM

For PP2014 you don't need to edit the Poser.ini file ...

OK, I don't use embedded, but these are my settings in Edit/General Preferences and it works for me.

PP2014ExternalLibrary.png

mjmdvm ( ) posted Sun, 21 February 2021 at 7:04 AM

Thanks for the input Kerya. I reset the Poser .ini back to it's defaults and set the preferences as you suggested. No libraries, but at least no big huge Flash logo.

feecozen ( ) posted Tue, 23 February 2021 at 6:26 PM

@an0malaus -- Thanks! It can get lonely out here for Mac Poser users. When Adobe killed Flash and, along with it (so I thought) my beloved Poser Pro 2014, I used PPro 11 for a while -- and didn't like it. And I'm not going anywhere near P12, as I depend on lots of Python scripts that will probably not get updated. I tried using D3D's XL9 a little but couldn't deal with it. So today I tried the AIR solution you describe, which works -- once I figured out I had to launch the Poser Library app too.

an0malaus posted at 5:57PM Tue, 23 February 2021 - #4411136

• Launch Poser 10 or Poser Pro 2014.
  • The Poser Library app should also launch. Its window is unfortunately not dockable within Poser's interface, since it's a separate app, but it has all the functionality, including drag and drop into Poser.

I arranged the Poser app and Library app windows to my liking (side-by-side) and saved the window configuration with the wonderful Moom, so I have a 1-click way to arrange the windows on every launch. I did find that the Library window will launch along with Poser IF I have the main Poser app window selected (and NOT the Library window) when quitting. I also selected "External" in the Library tab of the Poser Preferences window in the GUI (that only has to be done once).

an0malaus posted at 5:57PM Tue, 23 February 2021 - #4411136

• When the Poser Library starts, you may see something similar to this: Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 8.35.16 am.png

• Simply click Continue and the SSL Certificate dialog will go away.

The SSL Certificate is for the long-gone Content Paradise, which I assume is why it's invalid.

Azath ( ) posted Sun, 28 February 2021 at 7:43 AM

After some researches I found a way to reactivate Flash on a Computer Win 7 and Win 10 so that the Libraries should work again. Since I was using a Mail Program ( IncrediMail ) based on Flash it was necessary having a working flash. Last night there was a Microsoft update that totally disabled flash on the computer. Meanwhile I figured a way to get it back running again. this might be useful for older Poser non Pro versions that do not support external libraries based on Air and mostprobably will enable the Libraries again.

I made quiet some tests and all my Local Flash animations work again like a charm. I will upload the needed files a little later for the ones who are in need of Flash For Poser 10-14

Azath ( ) posted Mon, 01 March 2021 at 6:29 AM

Well after some further tests, like mentioned it is possible having flash working locally on the computer. In the case of Poser, witch is strange it somehow still does not recognize the flash library. The Flash Icon is gone but it still is asking for a Flash Install so will have to figure out what it depends on. Other Applications like IncrediMail work again like a charm.

Here you can download the old Flash versions

for a running fresh Install, Version 11.3.300.268 - UP is locked by Microsoft so you will need to get a prior version.

poisinivy ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 1:54 PM

Bingo. that fixed my poser 10 .. Thank you Thank you Thank you. I had some old content that only opened fr poser10 or later . I'm going to resave them now for poser 12 but i could not get them to load in poser 10 so i could convert them So thank you that fixed my menu's

Azath posted at 1:52PM Tue, 16 March 2021 - #4410019

Open your Poser.ini found in your settings normally in

AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/ "Version of Poser"

Open the Poser.ini with Preferable Notepad ++ Free software. Activate in search Incremental search ! search for the line

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 0 and replace with LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0 and replace to LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1

the second might vary and makes no difference once you made the changes it will always drop to type 1 ... save your changes and your library will work again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.