Thu, May 16, 6:31 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 1:08 pm)

Subject: Opened Poser 10 today... libraries replaced by a flashplayer icon.

9thAmazon ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 2:48 AM

Yes there is a solution if libraries has gone in P10 , due adobe flash stopage. I have W10/pc and Poser10. Solution: Exit Poser if it's running.

Find your poser.ini - the path may differ for you - mine is in

c:/Users/++user name++/AppData/Roaming/Poser/10

In your poser.ini look for

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0

and change the 0 to a 1.

-Save the poser.ini file. -Relaunch Poser 10. Your libraries will come back again. A little bit different in view, but they are back!

samsiahaija ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 3:17 AM · edited Thu, 14 January 2021 at 3:18 AM

Does not work in Poser 10 Debut. It wants to connect to a non-existing website in the library column after changing the ini file as suggested..

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 7:33 AM
Site Admin

kelchris3 posted at 7:32AM Thu, 14 January 2021 - #4410234

I see they are offering Poser 11. Is the library in it dependent on Adobe?

No. Poser 11 and 12 do not use flash or air.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 7:38 AM

Okay, Tuesday evening and yesterday (Wednesday), everything worked with Adobe "Air" replacing the Flash function. This morning, however, when i started poser, Adobe "Air" is not running. Yes, I checked to see if it merely 'ducked behind" the active Poser window. Nope, "Air" was not even appearing upon the task bar.

Any thoughts?

Sincerely,

Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 7:51 AM

Oh, to clarify, I re-examined the .INI file to make sure the recommended parameter changes were still set to "1".

They are.

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 8:23 AM

Oops! Never mind.

Somehow the "windows, library" parameter got unchecked. I clicked that and...POP... there was the "AIR" window.

Sincerely,

Bill

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 9:54 AM

I am temporarily making this thread a sticky for folks that may be having this issue. There are members chiming in and providing fixes.

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 1:22 PM

The suggestion still doesn't work for me. I understand reading your posts that I should have installed on my system sometime in the past some kind of "Adobe Air", but never did.

Where O where can I download Air? Is it still free like Flash?

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 4:28 PM

Apparently Adobe EOL'ed Air back in 2019. It's been taken over by Harmon/Samsung. You can find it here: https://airsdk.harman.com/ However it is NOT free unless you meet certain qualifications and even then the free version is limited/watermarked/whatever. They do not sell it as once & done software either, no, you must subscribe. Subscriptions start at $199 US per year not including taxes and there is no guarantee it will even work or even install on your flavour of Windows, Mac or Poser, according to all the questions I've seen in the Adobe support community. Looks like the Air forum over there is deserted as none of the recent questions have been answered.

Azath ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 5:50 PM · edited Thu, 14 January 2021 at 5:50 PM

@ Byrdie guess you looked at a fraud Page LOL !!

Adobe Air is free of charge .

Download from Here

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 14 January 2021 at 7:05 PM

Today when I opened Poser Pro 2014, it asked to update Adobe Air which is very much out of date on my computer. I refused to after all the problems with the now defunct Adobe Flash that killed our Libraries. I don't know if the Adobe Air update is necessary or just another trick to make Poser disappear for good. At this point I'm not too trusting. I know eventually I'll probably have to upgrade to Poser 12, but not now when it's in beta.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 3:08 AM

Azath posted at 2:55AM Fri, 15 January 2021 - #4410307

@ Byrdie guess you looked at a fraud Page LOL !!

Adobe Air is free of charge .

Download from Here

No changes. I installed AIR, restarted the computer, checked that poser.ini (mine in C:UsersRafaAppDataRoamingPoser9 ) contains LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1 and value write Protected, and relaunching Poser 9 the bug remains.

IMHO, time to finally forget Poser and focus on DS... :(

Captura.JPG

CASETTE
=======

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 4:37 AM

This is strange ! have you tried to undock the library ? actually it should look like this after the change.

001.jpg

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 11:32 AM

I did.-Captura.JPG

CASETTE
=======

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 11:48 AM

At the moment, I'm able to use Poser 7 without losing the library. Not sure why or how long.

romangirl ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 11:51 AM

What happens to Poser 9 if I uninstall Adobe Flash?

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 2:42 PM

Adobe Air is a cross-operating system runtime Applications built with Adobe programs such as Flash or Flex will use the AIR runtime to display -- because AIR comes the with the open-source WebKit HTML renderer, Web-like content can display on the desktop. That's the big difference between something like a Flash player and AIR: While Flash works over the Internet and in your Web browser, applications running off of AIR are based on the desktop and don't necessarily require a browser to work.

this might mean that you still need Flash on the computer, if you have uninstalled Flash then it might be the reason why Air does not work, but honestly I am not sure and I do not really feel like testing all possibilities or variables. There are different way's to bridge a Library for Poser so older poser are not lost at all. the only thing is that if you want to link other runtimes to Poser you will have to do it in the script if the built in runtime is not working. But even for this there might be a solution.

My Personal meaning is that the Legal owner should make some efforts to support users weather the software is sold or not , not really the task of users to always Puzzle out solutions, this just shows on how much Interest they have on there customers .

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 3:46 PM · edited Fri, 15 January 2021 at 3:47 PM

@ Casette

there might be another option for your issue , go to Edit load the General Preferences, in Library set the Launch behavior to External. you might have to remove the write protection in the Poser.ini

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 4:16 PM · edited Fri, 15 January 2021 at 4:18 PM

Edit > General Preferences > Library set > Launch behavior: there's no an "External" option :O

Captura.JPG

CASETTE
=======

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 4:38 PM

ok now to make things clear we are in the same poser version ? 9.03.26149 Poser Pro 2012 ?

001.jpg

Naneth36 ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 5:13 PM

@ Azath once it is set to "0" it will reset it self every time from "1" back to zero in Poser 9 ! so to fix this issue make your change and set it as LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1 , after this step save, right click the Poser.ini, in Property change the value to write Protected, run poser and the library will work. Shut down Poser and take the hook off the write Protection of the Poser.ini now you can start Poser again and it will always load with Air.

Sorry to bother you again with this story but I need your help. I use Poser 9 and followed the instructions using Notepad but I'm lost at this point : "change the value to write Protected".issue in Notepad-3.JPG

Azath ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 5:32 PM · edited Fri, 15 January 2021 at 5:35 PM

@ Naneth36

Lecture seule .... set it back after it worked else the Poser.ini can not update on launch and shut down.

but try first to change it in the General Preferences in Poser 2012 might already do the trick :)

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 10:30 PM

For Poser Pro 2012 and 2014 users, there is the option to use External Library, which was the AIR Library. This may be able to be turned on in Poser 9 and/or Poser 10, I honestly can not recall. Poser 11 did not use Flash or AIR, though it was in one of the earlier installers, but disabled. Poser 12 does not use Flash or AIR.

Some security software will scream at you if Flash and/or older Adobe AIR is on your system from some reports I have had. I would not be surprised if an update in the future blocked it from even existing on a newer system.

A note on AIR...

In June 2019, Adobe announced it would begin transitioning ongoing support and development of Adobe AIR to HARMAN. Adobe will continue to provide support for versions 32 and earlier until the end of 2020, as support will be managed by HARMAN. It was eventually rebranded as simply AIR.

Unless you plan on updating, you may find AIR Library not working at some point in the near future.

ratscloset
aka John

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 12:29 AM

My Poser Pro 2012 is still working fine, but I use embedded libraries, so maybe that's the reason.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Naneth36 ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 11:49 AM

@ Azath

I followed your instructions and checked everything : the modifications are OK now, Adobe Air is installed on my computer, but as Casette : no libraries. Capture - 5.JPG Maybe because I use this version of Poser 9
POSER 9 version.jpg I don't have the "External Launch Behavior" option. Thank you very very much for you help.

LampreyShade ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 12:39 PM

I have Poser 9 and tried the original fix of setting "LIBRARY_IS_AIR" = 1, but nothing has changed and I'm still getting the Flash logo with no explanation. I believe I'm in the exact same situation as Naneth.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 3:40 PM

LampreyShade posted at 3:40PM Sat, 16 January 2021 - #4410473

I have Poser 9 and tried the original fix of setting "LIBRARY_IS_AIR" = 1, but nothing has changed and I'm still getting the Flash logo with no explanation. I believe I'm in the exact same situation as Naneth. Ditto for romangirl with Poser 9.

Azath ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 6:40 PM

ratscloset posted at 6:36PM Sat, 16 January 2021 - #4410422

For Poser Pro 2012 and 2014 users, there is the option to use External Library, which was the AIR Library. This may be able to be turned on in Poser 9 and/or Poser 10, I honestly can not recall. Poser 11 did not use Flash or AIR, though it was in one of the earlier installers, but disabled. Poser 12 does not use Flash or AIR.

Some security software will scream at you if Flash and/or older Adobe AIR is on your system from some reports I have had. I would not be surprised if an update in the future blocked it from even existing on a newer system.

A note on AIR...

In June 2019, Adobe announced it would begin transitioning ongoing support and development of Adobe AIR to HARMAN. Adobe will continue to provide support for versions 32 and earlier until the end of 2020, as support will be managed by HARMAN. It was eventually rebranded as simply AIR.

Unless you plan on updating, you may find AIR Library not working at some point in the near future.

guess this would be rather bad ! if you check the Poser 11ui folder you will note that Air is still in there and I believe that you will also find it in poser 12 I do not think that allot of changes have been made and probably no major updates on the library of poser. just basic settings like store integration fixes so if it would be that way them poser 11 and 12 might also suffer big time in the future.

Azath ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 7:05 PM

As for poser 9 I do not have it installed and I do not have a serial for it so I can not check why it is having issues running with Air. I just use the Pro versions of Poser and still have all of them running from Poser 4 up. but I have to say that you might want to think of upgrading at least to poser 10 up . ( Poser Pro 2014 ) as you get additional support for Weight map witch has not been built in Previous versions. Poser 5 and 6 are great if you have older scripts like the Environment Creator Deluxe and some other great ones that can help creating stuff for Newer Poser versions. But I think for most that still use Poser 9 if you can get a hand on Poser 10 2014 it would be a great alternative . No Internet activation no Kill switch like poser 11 and 12 is having and full support for almost all best pytons that have been made in the past. We all know what happens one day or another if there are control freaks behind a program. So you have to think about it as Poser 12 is still not finished and until the final stable release is done it might take a looong time.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 16 January 2021 at 8:03 PM · edited Sat, 16 January 2021 at 8:11 PM

I found this if anyone cares to test it... seems that will work with any Poser version

http://neocron.webspaceforme.net/library/downloads/ 

@romangirl - You can use Poser 7 to create your scene, save it and load it in Poser 9 & render it... until you find a solution for your Poser 9.

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 3:04 AM

Naneth36 posted at 2:50AM Sun, 17 January 2021 - #4410470

@ Azath

I followed your instructions and checked everything : the modifications are OK now, Adobe Air is installed on my computer, but as Casette : no libraries. Capture - 5.JPG Maybe because I use this version of Poser 9
POSER 9 version.jpg I don't have the "External Launch Behavior" option. Thank you very very much for you help.

Same here

Captura.JPG

@Azath I understand you but I'm working both Poser 9 and DS. If I need a paid update for a software I purchased and the current owner isn't interested in releasing a patch that fixes this bug, maybe is time to close finally my Poser and focus in DS.

And as far as I know there isn't already an update from Poser 9 to 10.-

CASETTE
=======

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 6:39 AM · edited Sun, 17 January 2021 at 6:48 AM

@Casette - add the missing line manually: LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1 insert it as shown below or copy & paste it in all the way at the end of Poser.ini those are the last six lines from Poser.ini

LANGUAGE English 
LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1 
FACEROOM_PREPARE 0
AUTO_REFRESH_IPR 0
DISABLE_PLUGIN_HARDWARE_ACCEL 0 
CONFORM_MAGNETS 0

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 11:19 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 11:15AM Sun, 17 January 2021 - #4410537

@Casette - add the missing line manually: LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1 insert it as shown below or copy & paste it in all the way at the end of Poser.ini those are the last six lines from Poser.ini

LANGUAGE English 
LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1 
FACEROOM_PREPARE 0
AUTO_REFRESH_IPR 0
DISABLE_PLUGIN_HARDWARE_ACCEL 0 
CONFORM_MAGNETS 0

No changes. First, those aren't the last six lines from Poser.ini in POSER 9. But I added manually the missing line below LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1. The bug remains and there's no libraries.

Suggestions?

CASETTE
=======

shonsu ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 12:13 PM

Poser 11 is not dependent on Adobe Flash. The reason versions of Poser 10 and below don't run is because the library is connected to Internet Explorer (IE). Adobe in their statement indicated hackers could find ways to access a person's computer using FlashPlayer, though personally, I think they could have issued security fixes instead of shelving it.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 1:20 PM · edited Sun, 17 January 2021 at 1:30 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I'm in the process of buying a new Laptop to finally try out all that newfangled "realtime GPU render" goodness of Poser 11/12. But as this will be my first Windooze 10 machine, I first installed W10 on an older backup laptop, to see what I'm getting into.

Windooze 10 was slow as molasses on that machine but once I disabled the snakeoil, sorry, "WINDOWS DEFENDER", and threw a lot of "DO NOT SPY ON ME" tweaks on it, it seems, well, bearable.

Anyway, I installed a Poser 12 trial as well as my trusty old PP-2014, as my figure work depends on a ton of sometimes quite esoteric python scripts i collected over the last two decades and which are very likely to be not updated ever.

My PP-2014 install on that machine of course showed the "NO FLASH" error.

I changed the poser.ini file to "make library AIR", but still no library. Then I remembered that the library MUST ALSO be set to "EXTERNAL" in the "Launch Behavior" under "General Preferences".

(See pic)

AIR Library.JPG

As for Poser 9 and 10 "vanilla", I think I remember that those had NO EXTERNAL library, as that was just a "PRO" feature?

So their librarys are FLASH only.

And without FLASH (or AIR), no (native) Poser Library.

So you either:

1. Upgrade to Poser 12 (Which I can't recommend as long as you are dependent on legacy Python scripts for your work)
  2. Buy one of the aftermarket Libraries. (Which have some limitations, though)
  3. Use Windooze Exploder, err, Internet Explorer as a substitute library. (Actually not sure if this works in Poser 9 or 10 "vanilla"?)

Well, you could also migrate to Studio of course. ;-)

Which I'd actually have done years ago, but for my sculpting/rigging work the Morphbrush is essential. And I really, really like the accessibility of the "plain text" Poser files.

Still, between "Let's nuke all your Python scripts", cripple all your old Poser installs and make another woefully inadequate set of meshes our new "Faces of Poser", maybe not Studio, but stuff like Blender (If I figure out rigging in Poser, I think I can figure out rigging in Blender, too, eventually) is looking better and better.

Well, let's see what Poser 12 can do on a nw machine with a few more horses under the hood.

;-)

Azath ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 3:59 PM · edited Sun, 17 January 2021 at 4:01 PM

Poser 8, 9, 10, 11 all work using the explorer just like using the integrated library by drag and drop into the Poser window! if you use a doll like V4 want to add textures just drop em on her or on the loaded model you wish having it. if you want to put her clothes on ( Conforming cr2 ) you have two options, either drop into the universe it will not auto conform if you drop Her he's outfits on the doll they will auto conform. I actually always use this method when making a scene through the Win explorer.

if you can't load in any way the library like it is in the case of non Pro versions you might think to be stuck adding a new runtime ! True but for this there is a solution . Open the LibraryPrefs.xml found at the same place like the Poser.ini you will note lines that look like this

ContentFolder folder="E:/!Poser Runtime/Runtime/libraries" index="2" searchIndexed="1"

to add a new runtime make an additional line at the end with the Path of the additional runtime increasing the index number for every additional runtime so that it looks like this.

ContentFolder folder="E:/!Poser Runtime/Runtime/libraries" index="2" searchIndexed="1"

ContentFolder folder="E:/Sorted Runtime/Vioctoria4/Runtime/libraries" index="3" searchIndexed="1"

ContentFolder folder="E:/Sorted Runtime/Michael4/libraries" index="4" searchIndexed="1"

Ect.

Ect.

this stepp is essential when using new runtimes without the Poser library but no magic . after adding the lines in the txt doc make sure to save it . this method will result you having the best library.

if like non Pro Poser that have no chance to Load the Air you can in addition change the line in the Poser.ini NO_LIBRARY 0 to NO_LIBRARY 1 this will shut down the Library in Poser .

make sure if drag and drop from the explorer works in the non Pro versions if it does you are all set , after getting used to it you will now want to roll back as you will find your files with ease.

Azath ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 5:12 PM

as a sample this is my new build Library that works in any Poser Program at least the pro versions . with a little fantasy you can build your own if you do not like the aspect of the win explorer.

001.jpg

Talos ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 6:01 PM

"Windows can't find C: Appdata. Check spelling and try again." I'm usually good at this. Can't find the Appdata or the poser.ini. Would getting Poser 11 fix it?? I have Windows 7 and Poser 10. Maybe the Windows 7 is the problem. I've spent all weekend on it. I'll work on the other fixes like P3DO or XL library manager. About 25 years of my life and my money is invested in Poser. This is depressing.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 6:20 PM

@Talos - AppData folder is hidden ... Open Windows File Explorer ---> "WinKey+E" then go to click "Tools" from top menu then "Folder options..." then "View" in submenu and this is what I have:

CaptureWin.PNG

You want to tell it to show Hidden files and folders at least and then click Apply. I have Windows 7 with updates off since years ago, Flash and Air work fine.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 6:42 PM

Once your able to see hidden folders and files navigate to this location shown up on top (Rick is my username in Win7, you are going to click on yours of course...)

file_a5e00132373a7031000fd987a3c9f87b.PNG

Talos ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 8:19 PM

Thank you TwiztidKidd! I found it! I made the edit okay, I just have the problem of it reverting back after I saved it, which has been discussed here somewhere. Have to look for that. :-)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 8:39 PM

Right click on Poser.ini and click Copy... Right click on the panel anywhere and click Paste... Now you have a copy.

Right click on Poser.ini and click Properties and then Previous Versions on top... you might get lucky

Just one more thing... lol don't set the Poser.ini file to read-only, Poser has to be able to write into this file.

Capture.PNG

Talos ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 8:59 PM · edited Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:08 PM

Thanks! Worked so far, thank God. Do I need to click on "apply" for previous versions? twiz fix.jpg

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:09 PM

If you want to revert the two back to default... the value was 0 for both of them... and remember to exit Poser completely before you edit anything or else you won't have permission to save the changes made to Poser.ini

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 0

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:12 PM · edited Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:19 PM

LOL @ Poser 4 ... I still have that too 😄

Why is the background white or is that the new look? Try to undock it?

Talos ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:14 PM · edited Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:17 PM

No, that's okay. I did not like the 0 value. It made my hair turn gray and fall out. Is OK safe? I'm a bit burned out and wondering if the tendency to revert is going to make it necessary for me to edit the file every time I use Poser.

Talos ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:20 PM

I don't know why the background is white. I don't know if I've ever tried to undock it before.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:27 PM

Launch behaviour - Embedded ... try that

Capture.PNG

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 9:56 PM

If it keeps reverting change the AIR value to 1 save the file and set the attributes of Poser.ini to read-only... start and exit Poser a couple times then remove the read-only flag.

wolfesbain ( ) posted Mon, 18 January 2021 at 1:19 AM

Azath posted at 1:18AM Mon, 18 January 2021 - #4410019

Open your Poser.ini found in your settings normally in

AppData/Roaming/Poser Pro/ "Version of Poser"

Open the Poser.ini with Preferable Notepad ++ Free software. Activate in search Incremental search ! search for the line

LIBRARY_IS_AIR 0 and replace with LIBRARY_IS_AIR 1

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0 and replace to LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 1

the second might vary and makes no difference once you made the changes it will always drop to type 1 ... save your changes and your library will work again.

Tried this, but there is no LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0 line in the Poser 9.ini file

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.