Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Opened Poser 10 today... libraries replaced by a flashplayer icon.

johnthepatriot opened this issue on Jan 12, 2021 ยท 119 posts

Azath posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 2:42 PM

Adobe Air is a cross-operating system runtime Applications built with Adobe programs such as Flash or Flex will use the AIR runtime to display -- because AIR comes the with the open-source WebKit HTML renderer, Web-like content can display on the desktop. That's the big difference between something like a Flash player and AIR: While Flash works over the Internet and in your Web browser, applications running off of AIR are based on the desktop and don't necessarily require a browser to work.

this might mean that you still need Flash on the computer, if you have uninstalled Flash then it might be the reason why Air does not work, but honestly I am not sure and I do not really feel like testing all possibilities or variables. There are different way's to bridge a Library for Poser so older poser are not lost at all. the only thing is that if you want to link other runtimes to Poser you will have to do it in the script if the built in runtime is not working. But even for this there might be a solution.

My Personal meaning is that the Legal owner should make some efforts to support users weather the software is sold or not , not really the task of users to always Puzzle out solutions, this just shows on how much Interest they have on there customers .