Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Opened Poser 10 today... libraries replaced by a flashplayer icon.

johnthepatriot opened this issue on Jan 12, 2021 ยท 119 posts

mjmdvm posted Thu, 18 February 2021 at 12:19 PM

Just wondering if anyone has come up with any new solutions to the missing library issue. I have Poser Pro 2014 ( ver 10.0.5.28925) and did the edits of the Poser.ini file as suggested. The library did appear after than, but on subsequent restarts of PP2014 it's gone again. The values are still changed in the Poser.ini file but no library appears. I als made sure I set the Library to "embedded" in the Preferences tab.

Now, if I click on the icons in the far upper right ( above the parameter dials) I get this window confirming that PP 2014 can't find the libraries:

capture 3.JPG

Interestingly I can load things into Poser by Opening a Runtime in Windows Explorer and just dragging a model into the viewport.

I admit that I primarily use DAZ Studio now because I prefer the Genesis line of figures, but I still use Poser to load Poser specific content into a Runtime that's linked to DS. It's faster than unzipping content and manually installing into the linked Runtime . On occasion I may even do an export from Poser into a format I can use in Cinema4D.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Right now I don't have room in my budget for a Poser upgrade especially for how I'm using it.

PC specs: Windows 10 ( fully updated) 64 bit Intel Core i7 CPU 3.60 GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDA GeForce GTX 1070 Graphics