Thu, May 2, 9:52 AM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 02 7:20 am)

Subject: Easy way to install all Daz content

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2018 at 7:11 AM · edited Thu, 02 May 2024 at 9:31 AM

Hi all. I just wanted to introduce you to a new app called DAZAutoinstaller.

This program will install all your content automatically.

It can install from folders(it will search the folders for daz content and copy all of the files to the correct locations.)

It can extract content from Archive files(Zip,Rar,7zip)

Daz installers. (It will set all of the perimeters and click all of the buttons for you)

Old poser installers (it will extract the files and copy them to the correct location. it even has a intelligent naming engine built in so that it can create named folders for this content.)

You can see a video of it in action at Youtube Video

or you can visit the website Developers website

Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions on how it could be improved.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thanks,

Regards Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Sat, 09 June 2018 at 4:44 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know. The latest version of the installer is now available on the website. We have fixed a few more bugs and it has been retested with over 2000 items in the list.

There was also a problem with the download page corrupting the zip file. This has now been fixed.

Sorry to every body who downloaded the file and could not open it. I am sure this must have been frustrating for you all.

Please let me know if you have any problems or suggestions for features in future versions.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2018 at 5:34 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know. The latest version of the installer is now available on the website. I have just improved the handling of archive files. There was an issue that could cause it to lock up on while processing a corrupt archive file.

This has now been fixed.

Regards

PaulHairy

PaulHairy ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2018 at 10:24 AM · edited Mon, 18 June 2018 at 10:24 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know. The latest version of the installer is now available on the website. I have just further improved the handling of archive files. There was a problem with illegal characters in archive files. This has now been fixed.

The website has now moved to www.dazautoinstaller.net

Regards,

Paul_Hairy.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2018 at 3:25 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know. The latest version of the installer is now available on the website. Fixed Issue were Daz auto installer was intermittently not closing properly.

Made further improvements to archive handling routines. Support added for corrupt archive files the installer will now extract any files it can before moving the file to the faulty folder along with an error log file.

The Website is now on a secure server

https://www.dazautoinstaller.net

Regards,

Paul_Hairy.

jifl ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2018 at 9:06 AM

Sounds good but does anyone have experience of this program?

I have paid for and downloaded it but both Windows defender and Malawarebytes professional claim that it contains a virus,

Regards,

Jifl

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2018 at 10:04 AM · edited Tue, 03 July 2018 at 10:12 AM

Hi Jifi,

I am the creator of this software and I can assure you that there is no virus in this software. The reason you are seeing the warning is because I use a tool which scrambles my code so that it can not be easily hacked. It is quite unique has taken me several years to develop and I don't want anybody to steal my code. It is also relatively new so it will also fail some virus checks because they use a reputation score.

I am on line now and willing to discus this further. I have tried to contact you several times because I noticed you have not activated the software.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2018 at 12:39 PM

HI Jiffi,

To help put your mind at rest I have just done a full scan on the Daz auto installer web server. Please see attached Image.Current Virus Scan.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

PaulHairy

RabbitTail ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2018 at 3:28 PM

hi so i used paulhairys software and at first a virus warning popped up so i was like 'wtf?!' but i paid for this software so i'm gonna use it lol

i contacted his advice line and they said that it happens all the time vecause of a code encryper or smthin?

idk anway i ran it up an it all works fine does exactly what it says on the tin brilliant bit of software so thanks paulhairy!

RabbitTail ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2018 at 3:30 PM

jifl posted at 3:28PM Tue, 03 July 2018 - #4332673

Sounds good but does anyone have experience of this program?

I have paid for and downloaded it but both Windows defender and Malawarebytes professional claim that it contains a virus,

Regards,

Jifl

ya i got that problem too at first but its a false alarm and the software is ace once you get past the initial scare lol

it has more content than the demo and u can leave it overnight and all your conetnt is there in teh morning its great!

RabbitTail ( ) posted Tue, 03 July 2018 at 3:32 PM

oh an since i'm here

does anyone know how to make a model disaper in daz3d?

i put a tortoise on the screen an it wont go away lol

i can move it but cant delete it think i'm doin smthin wrong haha

pls make my tortoise leave xp

jifl ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2018 at 7:12 AM

RabbitTail, Is it coincidence that you popped out of your burrow, joined Renderosity, and are full of praise for the program just 3 hours after my post about a possible virus? What do you mean by "it has more content than the demo and u can leave it overnight and all your conetnt is there in teh morning its great!"

Jifl

jifl ( ) posted Wed, 04 July 2018 at 7:18 AM

Paul,

I am sorry but I cannot bring myself to address someone as PaulHairy! I no longer think that the program is infected with a virus but unfortunately I cannot test it very well because pf problems with activation (I have sent you an email)

Regards,

Jifl

PaulHairy ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2018 at 7:18 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know. The latest version of the installer is now available on the website. Fixed Issue were Daz auto installer could not handle solid rar files.

Also fixed issue with registration server that was preventing some people from activating there software.

The Website is now has a live chat option on

https://www.dazautoinstaller.net/contact.php

Regards,

Paul_Hairy.

Productionplatform3 ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2018 at 5:17 PM

Hi, Paul! I'm likely your exact target market for the DAZ AutoInstaller - I have spent loads of money on sites that offer content in non-DAZ-friendly formats and am utterly confused and frustrated with the process of deciphering the wheres and whats to do to get my new files into DAZ. I haven't succeeded yet! I run DAZ on a laptopwith all my data stored on an external drive, so I spend loads of time trying to figure out where my files go. Will your AutoInstaller make it a simple issue to download my new purchases from, say, Rendo and put them where they need to go with no (or at least greatly reduced) headaches? I've got projects on hold because I can't get the awesome models into DAZ so I can illustrate my books...

PaulHairy ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2018 at 6:01 AM

Hi, Thanks for your interest in DAZ Auto Installer.

The reason I started developing it in the first place was because I had downloaded loads of free content from all over the place. I then spent hours looking on the internet for tutorials that would tell me where all of the files needed to be copied in order to make them usable in DAZ Studio.

I found most of these tutorials confusing however by trial and error I managed to get the content to work. Because I am a programmer I decided I would try to automate the process and thus DAZ auto installer was born.

The first stage was making a program able to examine the entire contents of a folder and locate all files and folders usable by DAZ Studio. The next stage was to add support for Archive files. This was a learning curve in itself because the information on extracting files is even harder to find than the information on the DAZ folder structure.

Just exacting the file to the library folder is not enough, because as I am sure you are aware, When people create the archive files(zip , rar ,7zip) they don't use a standardized method therefore the required files could be anywhere within the archive.

What I decided to do to solve this was inspect every DAZ object file and create a list of its dependent files and the locations where they need to be. Once I have this list I search the archive for each file and extract it to the correct location within the DAZ studio library folder structure.

Once I had figured out how to handle archive files I turned my attention to the installers. This was the biggest challenge yet. The reason for this was because most of the installers use a none standard dialog that is not easy to automate. However, to get around this problem I managed to develop a system that could find the buttons on any dialog and click them automatically.

The final puzzle I had to solve was old poser installers. I had lots of old installers that would not even run on the newer versions of windows, but me being me I decided there must be a way to get the files out of them. These old installers used a variety of none standard compression methods but again after lots of research I found a way to extract the files.

There was still a small problem though because these installers were not created for DAZ Studio they did not have any location information in them. To solve this I created an intelligent naming system that tries to figure out what the object is from its content and then puts it in the correct folder within the DAZ folder structure. (This works well but it does not always get it right, the main thing is that the content is still usable.)

So to answer your question, yes I think this is just what you have been looking for.

Regards, Paul.

Productionplatform3 ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2018 at 1:42 PM

Fantastic. I'll get our IT person to install the trial edition when she gets back on Monday and we'll have a look.

jifl ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2018 at 5:27 AM

I have been using the program for 4 days now. At first I had problems activating it but by chatting with the developer on his website the problem was solved. New versions no longer give (a false positive) virus warning. The developer is very helpful and appears to be very committed to delivering a quality product.

As I said I have been using the program for 4 days and it appears to do what is promised. So far I have not encountered any errors. The program is also a godsend for me. About 2 years ago winzip (it may of course been me) trashed my Daz content and I did not feel like manually installing my non-Daz content manually, I am now doing it an enjoying it

PaulHairy ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2018 at 1:21 PM

Hi All, Just to let you know the latest version of the installer is now available on the website.

Added Progress bar to folder browser, this bar is displayed while the folder browser is reading the contents of a large directory.

Fixed issue were illegal characters in archive paths caused extract to fail.

Added ignore none DAZ content option to options menu.

Regards,

Paul_Hairy

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 31 July 2018 at 10:00 AM · edited Tue, 31 July 2018 at 10:11 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know the latest version of the installer is now available on the Daz Auto Installer Website]

I have done a major update over the past few days. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Fixed all functions on missing files TAB (Full Version).
  2. Fixed issue were read only files were not being extracted from folders.
  3. Fixed issue preventing some associated content images from being extracted.
  4. Fixed Issue were restricted folders caused folder browser to crash.
  5. Fix issue were thumb.db files caused folder copy to hang.
  6. Fixed issue were invalid characters in folder names cased folder to be ignored.
  7. Installer now automatically extracts uninstallers to skipped folder.
  8. My Documents folder added to folder browser.
  9. Overall progress indicator added to taskbar icon.
  10. Purchase page re-added to website.

Regards, Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Mon, 13 August 2018 at 8:34 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know the latest version of the installer is now available on the website.

I have changed the protection method so hopefully no more false virus warnings.

I have also introduced a 7 day paid trial version.

For just £4.99 you can try Daz Auto Installer with all of its features enabled for 7 Days.

If you decide you want to keep using it you can just pay the difference which at present would be £5.00. However, due to demand and the extra work this has generated, the cost for the full version and upgrade will be going up next month.

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Fri, 14 September 2018 at 2:30 PM

I have done a major update over the past few weeks. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Improved all functions on missing files TAB.
  2. Improved Archive routines they are now much faster.
  3. Added Uninstaller Tab (Full Version Only).
  4. Removed Temp folder setting.
  5. Improved file location placing routines.
  6. Added option for quick install (No Location Verification).
  7. Installer now automatically extracts uninstallers to Uninstall folder.

Regards

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2018 at 4:05 AM

I have done a major update over the past few weeks. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Support for Rar 5 files.
  2. The installer now has the option to set different paths for your DAZ and Poser content.
  3. It can now Automatically set the of DAZ and Poser paths to the same ones used in daz studio.
  4. Content it now automatically categorised as either DAZ or poser and copied to the correct Paths.
  5. Meta Data is now used to improve the placing of content within daz studio.
  6. The routines that hide unneeded files from DAZ studio have been improved so you get a cleaner folder structure within DAZ Studio.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2018 at 6:06 AM

Hi all,

Just to let you know the latest version of the installer is now available on the website.

I have done a minor update over the past few weeks. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Rewrote the licencing routines to fix a problem that a customer was having with activation.
  2. Added a new error dialog in order to make it much easier to diagnose and fix bugs.
  3. Updated the File Verifyer TAB routines.
  4. Updated the user manual

This version is 2.1.0.3

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2018 at 12:06 PM

Hi all,

Just to let you know the latest version of the installer is now available on the website.

I have done a minor update over the past week. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Fixed bug that caused some data files to me skipped.
  2. Added a new option to allow the user to skip files if they already exist.
  3. Improved the DAZ File inspection routines and added better notification of the the inspection stages progress.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 20 November 2018 at 1:06 PM

Hi All,

I have just released another Major update.

A summary of this update is as follows:

Fixed bug that caused some data files to be skipped.
Fixed issue that was causing the installer to skip some files in accessories and outfits.
Improved the DAZ File inspection routines and vastly sped up the DAZ file reading routines.

Regards,

Paul.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2018 at 10:42 PM

I was just asking about uninstalling all my DS content because of the problems encountered with installation of products. I have stuff spread into all sorts of different directories and sub-directories. Cant find products, missing files, etc etc... It is because of the different naming used, misspelled directories, and so forth. I will check this installer out.

Have you talked about it over in the DAZ forums? If so, I totally missed it.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2019 at 5:28 AM

Hi All,

I have just released another Major update. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Fixed All bugs that caused installer to Crash.
  2. Changed file error routines so that they do not interrupt installation process.
  3. Improved the DAZ File inspection routines and vastly sped up the DAZ file reading routines.
  4. Added small preview window that shows image of current item.

Tested Installer with over 400GB of folders, zip files,Rar files and installers. everything installed correctly.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2019 at 2:30 PM

Hi All,

I have just fixed an issue on the website that was preventing some people from downloading the installer.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2019 at 5:48 AM

I have just released another Major update.

1. Fixed some bugs that caused installer to Crash.
  2. Simplified the installer by removing the macro control.
  3. Improved the DAZ File inspection routines and vastly sped up the DAZ file reading routines, they are now around 70% Faster than all previous versions.
  4. Speeded up installer button clicking routines
  5. Added integrated updater.

Tested Installer with over 500GB of folders, zip files,Rar files and installers. Everything installed correctly.

If you have any problems activating the latest version or you have any other comments,

Please feel free to contact me. .

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 19 February 2019 at 8:48 AM

Hi All,

I have just released another update. A summary of this update is as follows:

2. Improved the DAZ File inspection routines and vastly sped up the DAZ file reading routines.
  3. fixed bug that was causing multi part archives to miss some files.

If you have any problems activating the latest version or you have any other comments,

Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Mon, 04 March 2019 at 8:48 AM

Hi All,

2. Simplified the installer by adding basic or advanced option.
  3. Improved the DAZ File inspection routines and vastly sped up the DAZ file reading routines, they are now around 50% Faster than all previous versions.

Tested Installer with over 500GB of folders, zip files,Rar files and installers. Everything installed correctly.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2019 at 9:29 AM

Hi All,

1. Fixed some bugs that caused installer to Crash during the creation of the uninstall files.
  2. Added option to ignore duplicate content in install list.
  3. Improved the 7Zip extraction speed.

Regards,

Paul

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2019 at 11:20 AM

7Zip. Problem solved :-P

PaulHairy ( ) posted Thu, 21 March 2019 at 11:23 AM

Hi All,

I have just released another major update. A summary of this update is as follows:

1. Modified Free version - Unsupported files are no longer removed from install folder.
  2. Modified Settings dialog to prevent blank fields.
  3. Fixed problem with addtolist function.
  4. Fixed Registry problem that was affecting new users.
  5. Replaced Open file button with refresh list button
  6. Improved File verifier tab functions.
  7. Logo is now animated while the program is busy.
  8. Fixed issue were DAI_updater was not closing main program before updating.
  9. Fixed problem on website that was preventing the automatic download from working in some browsers.
  10. Improved message dialog. The dialog now has red button for the option that is not the default.
  11. Added Payment received page to website that gives clear instructions on how to activate.
  12. Added Getting Started page to website that gives clear Instructions on how to set up the program.
  13. Added links to the above two new webpages to the help menu in DazAutoInstaller.

If you have any problems or you have any comments, Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Paul

Oneblindcat ( ) posted Mon, 25 March 2019 at 8:16 AM

It would be nice if this were available to purchase through Renderosity. I don't use PayPal.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 4:29 AM · edited Tue, 26 March 2019 at 4:31 AM

Hi OneBlindcat,

Thanks for your interest in my product.

I am looking into the option of making my installer available on here in the near future. But for now I feel I need to keep things as they are. The product is at the low introductory price of £9.99 this is because there are still some improvements I want to make and there could be some bugs that still need ironing out.

I am currently working on this project every day based on the feedback I am getting from my customer base,and therefore I am sending out updates on a regular basis.

Once I have decided that the product is bug free and that it meets all of the requirements of my customer base, I will have to raise the price a little in order to cover costs.

At this point I will look to making it available on here.

The introductory price gets you free updates for the life of the project and anybody wishing to join in and support the project is more than welcome.

Thanks again,

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 26 March 2019 at 10:31 AM · edited Tue, 26 March 2019 at 10:33 AM

Hi All

Just to let you know the latest version of the installer is now available on the website 2.1.2.6.

1. Fixed a bug that caused problems if select folder button was used.
  2. The installer now adds items to the list at the point it extracts them, therefor it does not need to update the list after every install..
  3. Improved the support for old Poser files
  4. Improved hide unrequired folder routines.

Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Paul

PaulHairy ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2019 at 1:48 AM

Hi everyone, Just to let you know the DAZ Auto Installer introductory price is coming to an end. This will not affect any of my existing customers unless they decide to purchase licences for additional machines after the price increase.

My customer base has vastly increased over the past months and I now feel that the installer is a unique and extremely useful tool.

Unfortunately I cannot continue to support this project if I keep it at its original price of £9.99. Therefore I have decided to raise the price at the end of this month.

I greatly thank all of my existing customers for their feedback and support so far. It is only by responding to feedback, and also suggestions of ways that the installer could be improved, that we have arrived at this great product. I will of course be continuing to support and update and am always looking for new features and ways to improve DAZ Auto Installer. All updates and support will still be free for existing and future customers. Regards, Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 16 April 2019 at 12:11 PM

HI All,

Just to let you know that the website is now back on line. I have also just uploaded an update with a few small fixes and tweaks.

There is only there is now only 15 more days for you to get the Daz Auto Installer for the introductory price of £9.99

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 24 April 2019 at 11:56 AM · edited Wed, 24 April 2019 at 11:56 AM

HI All,

Just to let you know that the latest version is now available on the website. I have performed the following small fixes and tweaks.

1. Fixed regional bug that could cause the installer to crash on the paid trial version in some countries.
  2. Modified settings dialog so that it can be closed with invalid paths.
  3. Added help icons to settings dialog that tell you what each field is for and also tells you why a path has been rejected.
  4. Fixed problem with move to done.
  5. modified folder browser so it is always on top.
  6. Added Update information form to DAI_Updater.

There is only there is now only 7 more days for you to get the Daz Auto Installer for the introductory price of £9.99

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2019 at 2:46 PM

Hi all,

The latest version is now available on the website.

I have made the following changes.

1. Improved Exe Installer.
  2. Changed Start list Button name To Start Installing.
  3. Fixed a bug that was casing the installer to crash.
  4. Made small changes to GUI.

Because I found some issues in the last version I have decided to extend to introductory offer of £9.99 for another 10 days.

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2019 at 8:00 AM · edited Wed, 08 May 2019 at 8:08 AM

Hi all,

The latest version of DAZ Auto installer has just been released on the website and on here. There is now only 4 more days to get it at the introductory price of £9.99.

I have made it more stable and submitted it to around 40 anti virus companies in order to reduce the false virus warnings caused by my protection system.

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 22 May 2019 at 5:06 AM

Hi All, Just to know the latest version of the installer is now available on the Website. I have added a few more features and and fixed some more small bugs. This program has now been put through Renderosity's Testing department and will soon be available to purchase here.

This project has been on going for some time now and appears to be a very useful tool for DAZ studio users. But don't just take my word for that please feel free to read some of the comments that have been left on my site. Customer Comments Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Wed, 04 December 2019 at 3:33 AM

I have done a major update over the past few months. A summary of this update is as follows:

Improved all functions on missing files TAB.
Improved all extraction routines they are now much faster.
Added Package Mode (Full Version Only).
Improved file location placing routines.

Added product lookup to missing files tab.

Regards

Paul.

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 14 December 2019 at 2:14 AM

I just registered at the site. It said I was successful. Now trying to access any of the pages of the website, I get a big blank white, and a single line of text in the upper right; "PHP Notice: Undefined index: allowupload in C:inetpubDazWebSitepageheader.php on line 12" What's Up?

PaulHairy ( ) posted Fri, 17 January 2020 at 12:42 PM

Hi all,

The latest version of DAZ Auto installer has just been released on my website and will soon be available on here.

I have made many improvements to the installer and added a few new features.

Regards,

Paul.

I have made it more stable and submitted it to around 40 anti virus companies in order to reduce the false virus warnings caused by my protection system.

Regards,

Paul.

PaulHairy ( ) posted Tue, 18 February 2020 at 6:24 AM · edited Tue, 18 February 2020 at 6:26 AM

Hi All, Just to let you know.

The latest version of the installer is now available on my website Dazautoinstaller.net and on here in the market place. This software has now been tested and digitally signed which proves that it is Virus and Trojan free.

The Paid trial version has just been improved. You can now try the program with all of its features enabled for 7 days for just £4.99. then if you decide you want to keep using the installer you have the option to renew your trial or upgrade your license to full for Just £10.00 via a link on the activation dialog. So What have you got to lose.

You can see what some of my customers have said on here:

Market Place

Or on my website

Comments

Please take a look and feel free to contact me if you want any more information or help,

Regards,

Paul_Hairy.

BloodMan112 ( ) posted Sat, 18 April 2020 at 4:04 PM · edited Sat, 18 April 2020 at 4:06 PM

I wrote a tool, maybe it can help you too. It was used for private purposes, but since the demand grew, I published it.
A newer version is expected to come next week.
NSWARE.DE
Tool name is Daz3D Manager Tool

-Install Content

-Manage Morphs

-Reduce texture-Sizes to save hard disk space

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.