Wed, Apr 17, 10:48 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 17 11:28 am)

Subject: Anyone to test a script of mine to mix M4 and K4

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 10:12 AM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 3:38 PM

Hi, I have made a script that intermixes M4 and K4, maybe if its good enough to sell for $5 why not ;) Anyone like to help test how the "mixtures" are bending? Or whether they can be saved in the library, things like this. You need M4 and K4 products from DAZ, nothing else. Script is zero interactivity. Its using animated joints and fuses the JCM packages of M4 and K4. There are limits to this, it cannot work perfect, but maybe it can be useful in a few scenarios. Regards, Col

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 10:24 AM

Poser Pro 2012 is required. A fast computer also, the script takes a while to run.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:21 AM

file_491891.jpg

Sample

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:21 AM

file_491892.jpg

Sample

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:22 AM

file_491895.jpg

Sample

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:27 PM

file_491923.jpg

V4 is more complicated but first test looks ok too

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:27 PM

Hooked I have the Daz parts and a pretty hugh spec comp PM me

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

basicwiz ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:30 PM

Count me in!

MargyThunderstorm ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:58 PM

I have PP2012, the DAZ figures and a good computer. So if you still need someone, let me know. :)

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:11 PM

Interesting, Hannes.  So if 'match end points' is checked, can the resulting figure wear clothes for either?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 2:41 PM

Hm I do not know. At the moment I am thinking of dynamic clothing. Maybe with matching endpoints and morphing clothes that could work, I have to think a bit about it. There are still some things to think about. Its first to test if the concept at all can have a benefit or not.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 3:24 PM

file_491936.jpg

More Sample M4 seems to work a little bit better than V4, I am wondering about her magnets or the complexity of her JCMs.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 2:08 AM

file_491951.jpg

Daz is down right now, I have to wait until their installer can restore my runtime.

But it looks promising.

Here, this was done with a little help from morphing clothes

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 2:16 AM

file_491952.jpg

No Fix morphs dialed. The top has a bit a problem at the collars. Maybe because the shoulder actor is missing from the figure. I have to try with a long sleeve or something.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 2:26 AM

file_491953.jpg

The auto conforming the joint centers didnt work well.

Transplanting the joint animation ERC into the figure seems to work better.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 3:48 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 3:49 AM

file_491956.jpg

m4 fit of a tunic.

i do not know why it pokes out of the box. thought it was an original cloth piece.

left figure is unmodified.

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 3:56 AM

Quote - m4 fit of a tunic.

i do not know why it pokes out of the box. thought it was an original cloth piece.

left figure is unmodified.

You might have to open the joint editor and zero them before you add the clothing...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:01 AM

file_491957.jpg

from back

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 7:53 AM

file_491964.jpg

Morphing Clothes seems to work quite well, but I am not so familiar with it and it seems to not like the "hair" figure here, or my settings are bad. But it works, well, I think.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:29 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:32 AM

file_491967.jpg

With V4 the clothing needs the magnetize pose applied.

This is 50% K4 and the bodysuit (with the morph added)  having your script applied.

It has Match Endpoints checked, but not Follow Origins in the Body of the suit.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:36 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that the Y offset was a bit off so drop to floor didn't quite work; I had to lower her 1.342 inches for the above pose.  Perhaps the script should zero the figures before introducing the ERC...

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:49 AM

file_491968.jpg

Here's 80% K4.  There is some weirdness on the upper right thigh joint.

Would this script work on V4-WM, Hannes?  It has no JCMs...

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:03 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:07 AM

file_491969.jpg

Heres 80% and 50%...

The white spot on the chest of the left figure is due to overlapping polys due to wrinkling of the bodysuit mesh over the breasts.  I don't know if changing Transfer settings in Morphing Clothes could possibly resolve it?

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:05 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:06 AM

That looks pretty good.

Studio's rigging tools had (has ?) the "Figure Mixer" which did exactly that: Mix the rigging of two figures with identical mesh.

I did some Mike 3/Matt  and Hiro/Luke hybrids, but in the end I stayed with hand-editing meshes as children normally don't grow in a strictly linerar way so I had to re-rig them anyway. Clothing was a problem, too.

But this looks like a good way to "purge" some of the "stylized" out of V4 and M4 and to generally add some variety into a character's built.

Seems you solved the clothing problem, too.  Congrats !

Never was able to figure that out with Studio's "Figure Mixer".

I wonder if it's possible to "freeze" the rigging of such a combined mesh to use it for standalone figures.

I.e you can sculpt your figure any size and proportions you like and then scale a donor figure to match that figure and then freeze its rig and use it for your new figure.

Instead of having to match your new figure to an already existing rig unless you want to rig it completely from scratch.

Anyway, good work as usual. For $5, this should sell pretty well.

:-)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:50 AM

V4WM should also work, I think, but the one without the extra actors should be used I think. If you dial K4Morph very then it gets extremly difficult for cloth item to follow I think, because the cloth transformation is based on a V4 M4 item, which only has V4 M4 Rig. The higher dialed K4Morph will activate weighted copies of the K4 JCMs which will not exist in the cloth. One will have to tolerate some post work. Thanks for giving it a try. Dumb question: What is the magnetize pose :) ?

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 9:59 AM

"What is the magnetize pose ?"

It activates V4's built in JointSmoothingMagnets (She has, like, a gazillion of them) to influence the clothing, too.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:05 AM

@Joe: I think if you manage to do a nice weightmapping you can basically do anything. Weight maps cannot be mixed currently. I would need some testing, but I think, as long as you do not need to adopt the weightmaps when mixing figures you are fine. For making new cloth, I think that should work directly on the desired shape. I have to try it out. And yes, you are right, human growth is not directly linear. Custom sculpts can work out much nicer. But I still think one could collapse all into one or few dials.

Freeze the rig, yes, this a bit the idea, it depends on the details. Here, the script copies the K4 JCMs and blends them. There is no scaling involved, I was thinking that scaling is the same as animating the joint.

So yes, I think you can freeze everything except the weightmap. JCMs and Joint centers can be blended. Joint center erc can be pushed into the cloth so it follows, but you need something like Morphing Cloths or a manual sculpt to make a target morph.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:05 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:05 AM

The magnetize poses apply V4's magnets to the clothing item, which prevents poke-thorugh.  They are found in poses under  DAZ's Victoria4>Magnetize Clothing.  The numbers of the poses correspond to the order that particular V4 was added to the scene...

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:29 AM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:30 AM

Ah thanks. Right. A magnet is a like a JCM but its applicable to entities nearby. Yes, that makes sense. But do magnets work when join centers are moving? That is a good question. You say it works better when these poses are active? Does that depend on the cloth? That magnets make things more complicated I think. Weird. Yes, that would be interesting how V4WM performs compared to V4. I wonder why the magnets do not totally break the V4 when it gets morphed towards K4.

Btw, the script converts V4 or M4 to weightmaps in the first step anyway. So it has to work for V4WM in one way or the other.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:41 AM

"Freeze the rig, yes, this a bit the idea, it depends on the details. Here, the script copies the K4 JCMs and blends them. There is no scaling involved, I was thinking that scaling is the same as animating the joint."

Well, the results of scaling and animated joints used to be very different. Not sure if the revised scaling is still different on a technical level. It still seems actually moving joint centers around achieves better results than scaling bodyparts. Not to mention that if you scale a leg along the y-axis, the knee gets elongated, too, while if you morph the legs longer and re-adjust the joint centers, the knees can be kept in the correct shape.

In any case, all what would be needed is a fully scaleable basic rig where the scaling can be permanetly frozen. JCMs are mesh specific, so they would be of no use anyway (Unless the new figure was made of the exact same mesh as the old one).

I'm thinking more of an universal rig that would prevent the need to create a rig from scratch in the SetUp room, or to exactly match the new figure to an existing older one.

Yes, Studio can "auto-rig", although I dont know how good the results really are.

But I'd already be very happy with a way to eliminate all the scaling out of a modified figure and make the proportions permanent.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:53 AM

"Ah thanks. Right. A magnet is a like a JCM but its applicable to entities nearby. Yes, that makes sense. But do magnets work when join centers are moving? That is a good question. You say it works better when these poses are active? Does that depend on the cloth? That magnets make things more complicated I think. Weird. Yes, that would be interesting how V4WM performs compared to V4. I wonder why the magnets do not totally break the V4 when it gets morphed towards K4."

HeHe, you just described why I,umm, strongly disliked V4 the moment I peeked into her cr2 and never really used her for anything. Lol.

But anyway, people love her and don't mind the magnets and to be honest, if you just use her out of the box they don't get much in the way, either.

But, no, the magnets don't move with the joint centers. So any drastic mesh modification can render them useless or even worse make them distort the mesh. (But that's true for JCM's, too.)

So the few times I worked with V4 I ripped the mags and JCMs out and created new JCMs. At least the 17K LOD low res version of V4 bends quite well without them.

Seems they still work well with your script, so I wouldn't worry too much abot them.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 6:48 PM

I have a mac if it will work on this I can take a look?

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:45 AM

file_491994.jpg

Interesting. I found that the magnets indeed MOVE with animated joint centers. The reason could be that they are parented, and the joint center of the parent actor might be the reference position.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:45 AM · edited Mon, 25 February 2013 at 1:48 AM

file_491995.jpg

with morph dialed

so maybe it could be useful to limit the influence of the v4 magnets depending on how strong the morph is dialed. technical possibilities depend on the extend of erc the magnets already have.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:40 AM

file_491998.jpg

Morphing Clothes Tutorial

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 5:05 AM

file_491999.jpg

main promo. :)

promo shows M4 only. can run on V4 too but I need more thinking on the technical implications of her magnet zoo.

target price: $5 for the coffee pot

more beta/pilot customer or other critical eyes wanted before I upload it to the rendo marketplace. to judge how good it bends. if it doesnt work sufficiently well the project will be canceled.

be-good-enough-test.

if you are interested and have some experience send a mail to mail at colorcurvature.com

thanks.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 5:19 AM

file_492000.jpg

And the trouble shooting page.

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 9:57 AM

Got my copy and tried everything out. AMAZING! 

The morphs allow for VERY smooth aging of the character, and the various versions are quite believable, either as different ages of the same character, or as younger siblings of an older character. I even tried loading M4+a character from the market place... then dialed it younger... put a girl's hair on it and voila! A little sister that LOOKS like a little sister of the older male character!!!!!! Clothing conversion is simple and straightforward if you are familiar with Morcloth. No extra hoops to jump through.

This is going to revolutionize my personal runtime, as I have spent A LOT of time getting younger characters to look right in my comics and illustrations. You have loaded major amunition into the Gen 4 characters!

colorcurvature ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 11:29 AM

I sent a new zip with information regarding V4WM. -thanks for your feedback :)

colorcurvature ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 4:26 PM

Ok a few things fixed.

Cloth Adapter works better. (Mesh distortions near the hands fixed)

V4 works a bit better (distortions near the hip)

Less distortions in M4 and V4 on more severe poses.

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 10:00 PM

file_492397.jpg

Dude sweet

Turned up to 1.25 it still holds up

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

basicwiz ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 10:16 PM

I didn't get my update email.

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 08 March 2013 at 10:45 PM

I didn't get an update email either but I only got around to installing all the bits yesterday.

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2013 at 1:07 AM

I have yet to make a new .zip, and find a final strategy for the stupid joint bulge settings. This seems to be a python limitation. We can convert joint spheres to weightmaps but maybe the bulges have been forgotten or I didnt find it yet. Manually setting the bulge weight map flag in joint editor does more than injecting the flag does. When I inject the flag, the conversion does not happen. Disabling the bulges through injection does work but then during side side of the legs, they go a bit out of shape. I'd prefer a solution with intact bulge but it might require manual steps. Hope I can send something around on sunday.

JimTS ( ) posted Sat, 09 March 2013 at 1:22 AM

Wicked cool

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 12 March 2013 at 4:53 PM

file_492562.jpg

88% K4 wearing the DAZ V4 Bodysuit.  I had to tweak the Suit's adjustment morphs a bit on the armpits and right knee, but that's normal with this suit....

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:09 PM

Thanks a lot. And there is more to test >_< I have made a one-click-morphing-cloth-like script to dress the characters without needing morphing clothes itself. My result are not yet near as good... but for low morph dials it can serve the purpose I think. I do not want to spam everyone. If someone is interested, please email me. BasicWiz, all me recent mails to you were returned. Spam detector hates me.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:34 PM · edited Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:36 PM

file_492581.png

overall setup in less than 1 minute

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:36 PM

Along the way with some other clothes I had some poke issues though. I do not know what that is, things poked even on the default M4 out of the box. Maybe something is different in new Poser that old cloth conform slightly different? Match end points didnt solve it entirely. => Still needs investigation.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:43 PM

file_492582.png

Other sample. Conform the cloth. It will be distored strongly. The cloth fit script automatically recognizes new cloth in the scene and processes it. Script just needs to be run, no further interaction required.

colorcurvature ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 2:57 PM

file_492584.png

some pokes here. but one can turn the poking actors to invisible after all...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.