Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Anyone to test a script of mine to mix M4 and K4

colorcurvature opened this issue on Feb 23, 2013 · 134 posts

JoePublic posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 10:53 AM

"Ah thanks. Right. A magnet is a like a JCM but its applicable to entities nearby. Yes, that makes sense. But do magnets work when join centers are moving? That is a good question. You say it works better when these poses are active? Does that depend on the cloth? That magnets make things more complicated I think. Weird. Yes, that would be interesting how V4WM performs compared to V4. I wonder why the magnets do not totally break the V4 when it gets morphed towards K4."

HeHe, you just described why I,umm, strongly disliked V4 the moment I peeked into her cr2 and never really used her for anything. Lol.

But anyway, people love her and don't mind the magnets and to be honest, if you just use her out of the box they don't get much in the way, either.

But, no, the magnets don't move with the joint centers. So any drastic mesh modification can render them useless or even worse make them distort the mesh. (But that's true for JCM's, too.)

So the few times I worked with V4 I ripped the mags and JCMs out and created new JCMs. At least the 17K LOD low res version of V4 bends quite well without them.

Seems they still work well with your script, so I wouldn't worry too much abot them.