Tue, Apr 30, 12:44 AM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 29 9:51 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:01 PM · edited Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:08 PM

Quote - The weekly Reality 3 update is up: http://preta3d.com/blog/2013/01/08/reality-3-weekly-update-procedural-displacement/

Cheers.

To be clear this is just your blog not the update Reality 2 for Lux 2.1 right?

Edit never mind its about Reality 3 got it...

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:08 PM

That is only for Reality 3.

I post a weekly update on its development.

Cheers 

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:10 PM

Quote - That is only for Reality 3.

I post a weekly update on its development.

Cheers 

LOL you beat me to it I added an edit to the fact that I understood looking promising!

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quote - The Volumes tab is used to manage volumes in the scene. Things like fog, smoke, up to SSS. That is a brand new feature of Reality 3 and it will be a lot of fun.

You are a teaser!

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 4:16 PM

Dont forget we dont get it till summer....

StevieC ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 6:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_490288.jpg

So this is a test and comparison using the lighting techniques by Callad found here: http://preta3d.com/forum/recipes/skin-and-lighting-by-callad-use-of-curve-light-altered/#p6337 and a variation of that by Reggie68, found on page 208 of this forum.... The first image is Callad's technique, rendered to about 1,280 s/p, the second is Reggie68's, rendered to only 218 s/p. I'm going to let the second render to the same amount as the first, and combine to the as layers, as I think that will give me the realism I am trying to achieve.....

lasserine ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 8:44 PM · edited Tue, 08 January 2013 at 8:49 PM

Attached Link: Mermaid Christmas

file_490293.jpg

Sadly the presents are floating.  This took a while to render.  Late Christmas picture.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 1:47 AM

Not everything abide by gravity laws, Lasserine. Very nice scene. The light of the fire could be turned down a notch or two, I like the light coming through the window.

My DA Gallery

lasserine ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 3:00 AM

Quote - Not everything abide by gravity laws, Lasserine. Very nice scene. The light of the fire could be turned down a notch or two, I like the light coming through the window.

I had too many light groups in that scene.  5 on the tree, fireplace, the sun/sku outside, candles and a mesh top covering the ceiling.

Took a few days to render.  Was on vacation, but could remote connect into my home computer, to let it cook.  Nice getting home and seeing it fully, instead of on a small laptop screen.

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 9:31 AM

OT there is a new none Beta version of Studio it finally addresses some auto fit issues caused by the DUF format that wrecked some clothing that used to previously work...

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 9:31 AM · edited Wed, 09 January 2013 at 9:32 AM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/#/d5qt282

file_490309.jpg

Double post so a render in lieu

BradHP ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 11:08 AM

This is what I threw together for that Scared Stiff contest on dA.  Not my best and not really how I wanted it to come out, but it's what I did in the time I had.  The prizes are too nice not to submit something. 

callad ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 3:46 PM · edited Wed, 09 January 2013 at 3:47 PM

Attached Link: Justine 1

The floor Justine is standing on is made of one primitive plane. Used a deformer to bend it so the corner is 'soft'.

Used again the big 1/4 sphere as meshlight but also added a second meshlight made of a half sphere. Reality luckily gives the chance to 'invers direction' so the light is emmited from the inside of the spheres.

The render ran for 3 hours and 33 minutes at 75 S/p. 

Also added the scene set-up so you can get an idea of the size of the meshlights.

Hope you like it.

Justine 1

Scene set-up

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 3:47 PM

Im curious are you using the AM hair plug in?

MBusch ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 3:59 PM

Quote - The floor Justine is standing on is made of one primitive plane. Used a deformer to bend it so the corner is 'soft'.

Used again the big 1/4 sphere as meshlight but also added a second meshlight made of a half sphere. Reality luckily gives the chance to 'invers direction' so the light is emmited from the inside of the spheres.

Also added the scene set-up so you can get an idea of the size of the meshlights.

Hope you like it.

Justine 1

Amazing! Well done. It is always a pleasure see your creations. They inspire me to work hard to get at this level.

callad ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 4:04 PM

Quote - Im curious are you using the AM hair plug in?

Just used the Galathea Hair prop Bob :)

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 4:05 PM

Ha ok the one you needed to null part of out got it...

callad ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 4:07 PM

Attached Link: Justine -revised-

Revised my earlier upload of 'Justine'. This time shes in the set I made of a plane (deformed to floor & wall) and two meshlights as described with image 'Justine 1'. Tweaked her skin a bit and gave her more hair (uhm.. on 'both' accounts that is..)  Also this time I rendered her a bit bigger.

Justive -revised-

callad ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 4:09 PM

Quote - Ha ok the one you needed to null part of out got it...

Yes, that is the one :) Now I just used the parts I wanted gone the previous time. Oh! Also used the 'GlamourHair prop as well. :)

StevieC ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 6:12 PM

Quote - Revised my earlier upload of 'Justine'. This time shes in the set I made of a plane (deformed to floor & wall) and two meshlights as described with image 'Justine 1'.
Tweaked her skin a bit and gave her more hair (uhm.. on 'both' accounts that is..)  Also this time I rendered her a bit bigger.

Justive -revised-

I really like this one Callad! I've never used deformers, but happen to have several odd shaped prims in my runtime that would work, so I'll give them a try......

StevieC ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 6:30 PM

So let the second render finish cooking, using three planes exported as .obj, and converted to reality light, and blended that with the render using Callad's deformed Reality curved mesh light....the second render, using Reggie68's variation, was at only 30% opacity, adding just a tad more shading, to give a hint more depth and perspective....used this skin, as I liked the paleness of it, except for the shading in the rib area, which I'll eliminate in photo shop, as it was a merchant resource skin. Now I have to try Callad's sphered dome method. Simply loving these lighting techniques! Thank you very much Callad!

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 7:21 PM · edited Wed, 09 January 2013 at 7:22 PM

Nice work all

One of these days I may be able to do someting again I hope

callad ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 8:21 PM

@ Reggie:

Very nice! And you are most welcome. :)

@ Robert:

I read about your misfortune and my heart goes out to you and yours.

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 8:25 PM

Quote - @ Reggie:

Very nice! And you are most welcome. :)

@ Robert:

I read about your misfortune and my heart goes out to you and yours.

Thanks

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Wed, 09 January 2013 at 10:44 PM

Playing around a bit with a freebie couch that i downloaded.  Model is a younger version of godin's daphne.  hair is one of my faves.. cameo hair.  background is just a photo on a plane that i blurred to simulate DOF.  2 mesh lights.  one key and one fill.

Couch wasn't UV mapped and i'm terrible at uv mapping so it is as good as I could get it to look with blacksmith.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 9:31 AM

Quote - Playing around a bit with a freebie couch that i downloaded.  Model is a younger version of godin's daphne.  hair is one of my faves.. cameo hair.  background is just a photo on a plane that i blurred to simulate DOF.  2 mesh lights.  one key and one fill.

Couch wasn't UV mapped and i'm terrible at uv mapping so it is as good as I could get it to look with blacksmith.

Nice sharky, like the background effect. her skin seems a little flat, like the pose though.

nice couch, on the mapping, quickest thing to do is load it into UVMapper and select group and create a new UVmap and select box. It will then use any tiled texture and look pretty good.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 9:39 AM · edited Thu, 10 January 2013 at 9:40 AM

Thanks Mike.  Haven't really gotten into UVMapper much.  I've pretty much only used it for making templates.

and yeah.. her skin was a bit flat.  the way it loaded into studio.. all the bumps were set at 2.5%.  I was feeling rather unenthused so left all but the lips and nips at stock bump setting.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 9:52 AM

Did this image for a calender submission with a fetish theme. I needed those boots for the image so went back to V4 for this one. I use genesis so much that I forgot how nice V4 still is, especially with all the fix morphs. LOL. Face is mostly JKings Bianca at DAZ, FBM is mine and texture is mine.

Thanks to Callad for the lux/lighting tips!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Amethst25 ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 9:54 AM

Quote - The floor Justine is standing on is made of one primitive plane. Used a deformer to bend it so the corner is 'soft'.

Hope you like it.

Justine 1

Scene set-up

I've added this to Paolo's website you can find it here http://preta3d.com/forum/recipes/second-skin-and-lighting-by-callad-use-of-curve-light-altered/

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 5:32 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/#/d5r2m9j

file_490345.jpg

Nice as always Mickey! I just post worked the hair sticking out into the forehead...Just a close up

callad ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 10:42 PM

Again another set of nice images on the last few pages!

Will be gone for the next 3 days btw. You can find me in Paris, France.. :)  

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 10 January 2013 at 10:43 PM

Quote - Again another set of nice images on the last few pages!

Thanks and enjoy!

Amethst25 ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 6:35 AM

[quote Callad]

Again another set of nice images on the last few pages!

Have a wonderful time!  Hope it is for fun!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 8:56 AM

my latest contribution.  used Callad's light set up.  Made my own 1/2 dome and 1/4 dome and just inverted the normals.  texture work on the atardecer outfit done in blacksmith by your's truly.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 9:35 AM

Quote - my latest contribution.  used Callad's light set up.  Made my own 1/2 dome and 1/4 dome and just inverted the normals.  texture work on the atardecer outfit done in blacksmith by your's truly.

VEry nice!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

john3d ( ) posted Fri, 11 January 2013 at 12:01 PM

Quote - my latest contribution.  used Callad's light set up.  Made my own 1/2 dome and 1/4 dome and just inverted the normals.  texture work on the atardecer outfit done in blacksmith by your's truly.

Nice texture work, good to see you are getting somewhere with Blacksmith3D

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 12:13 AM

Quick question that has been mentioned before as per the realirtic sky

LightGroup "sun"
AttributeBegin
LightSource "sun" "float gain" [1.000] "float turbidity" [2.200] "float relsize" [1.000] "vector sundir" [0.221203 -0.707107 0.671616]
AttributeEnd
LightGroup "sky" would I add the 2 here???
AttributeBegin
LightSource "sky" "float gain" [1.000] "float turbidity" [2.200] "vector sundir" [0.221203 -0.707107 0.671616]
AttributeEnd

Volumes

john3d ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 2:39 AM

file_490398.jpg

Callad has gone and put an idea in my head, thinking about her lighting technique has made me experiment with different room shapes. The render I have going at the moment has a cylinder base (chamfered so the walls and base join smoothly) and a half sphere as a ceiling. I'm also experimenting with bouncing a mesh light of the ceiling rather than pointing it straight at Genesis, so far it looks okay.

This render is just me playing at being a modeler, still trying to figure out the latest DS4.5 :)

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 4:23 AM

Quote - Quick question that has been mentioned before as per the realirtic sky

LightGroup "sun"
AttributeBegin
LightSource "sun" "float gain" [1.000] "float turbidity" [2.200] "float relsize" [1.000] "vector sundir" [0.221203 -0.707107 0.671616]
AttributeEnd
LightGroup "sky"
AttributeBegin
LightSource "sky2" "float gain" [1.000] "float turbidity" [2.200] "vector sundir" [0.221203 -0.707107 0.671616]
AttributeEnd

Volumes

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 6:03 AM

Quote - > Quote - Quick question that has been mentioned before as per the realirtic sky

LightGroup "sun"
AttributeBegin
AttributeEnd
LightGroup "sky"
AttributeBegin
LightSource "sky2" "float gain" [1.000] "float turbidity" [2.200] "vector sundir" [0.221203 -0.707107 0.671616]
AttributeEnd

Volumes

Tanks

mbin ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 11:55 AM

Quote - Did this image for a calender submission with a fetish theme. I needed those boots for the image so went back to V4 for this one. I use genesis so much that I forgot how nice V4 still is, especially with all the fix morphs. LOL. Face is mostly JKings Bianca at DAZ, FBM is mine and texture is mine.

Thanks to Callad for the lux/lighting tips!

...just trying to catch up again! ¬) ...very nice image indeed! ...also loving your Justine, Callad! ...hopefully will get some time to myself again soon to render something!¬)

MyDeviantArtGallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 12:33 PM

In the end I dont know if adding the 2 makes that much of a difference..

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 12:36 PM

Bob, tt's a bit of shift in the sky light. It's not dramatic.

Paolo

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote - Bob, tt's a bit of shift in the sky light. It's not dramatic.

K thanks. Any ETA to Reality update?

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 1:00 PM

Quote - No updates yet.

LOL I know just asking for an estimate when we can get reality 2 to keep moving forward with Lux is it just not a matter of reversing your correction code? Pardon my ignorance if there is more then that to it:)

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 1:02 PM

No, there is more to it than that. I will announce it when the update will be ready.

All the best.

Paolo

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 1:04 PM

I know you will and I appreciate you are working on 3...

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 12 January 2013 at 7:07 PM

Another shot at rendering with callad's light set up.  think i should have let it run a bit longer than it did(800 passes) as some of her skin still has a bit of a grainy look to it.  texture work on the clothes done by me in blacksmith.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.