Mon, May 20, 8:19 PM CDT

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 20 5:34 pm)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quote - Well.. With much pain and effort I created some sort of 'light dome' from a primitive sphere (12 segment and 12 sides) I exported as obj into Blender (God I HATE that GUI!!!) deleting one by one the faces I did not want so I ended up with about quarter of the original sphere.

Imported the obj into Daz and renamed it to 'RealityLight - Dome', called Reality, set the direction to 'inverse' and saved it as a scene.

That worked OK. I still have a 'fast' render and the lighting is quite 'even'.

..now I have another problem..

When merging the scene into another scene my Reality-data seems lost though there is another hidden object that is called 'reality-data (2)'.

How do I solve that? (That is another phrase for: What am I doing wrong this time??) :)

Merging scenes has been a pain in the rear since 4.5

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:47 PM

Merging scenes works just fine in 4.5

Create a scene, apply the Reality settings and save the scene. Open the main scene, select Merge and select the previously saved scene. I do it all the time, works everytime. The one instance where it doesn't work, is when you save a subset scene. The subset scene doesn't contain the Reality settings.

My DA Gallery

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:50 PM

It might help to remind that the scenes must be in .duf format, both of them, before you do the merge.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:51 PM · edited Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:55 PM

Alot of time lets say i modified a character hair clothig to Matte ect, after meging them to another scene all their materials go back to glossy or sometimes materials in the scene that I imprted them into goes out of whack. Its happened quite a bit.. Been working in duf format for quite a while. Also materials like LIE makeup and such did not need to have any special modidcations to work before 4.5 like this render using LIE makeup but now you have to do what Anton suggested a few times or collect textures I believe http://fav.me/d539jsr

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:55 PM

file_490220.jpg

Not sure if anyone is aware or interested but I found out about a contest in DA. It ends on the 9th so there is still time to enter. Only a handful of 3d renders and so far I do believe I am the only one that entered using Reality.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 12:57 PM

Well... have two scenes in duf format. Each scene seprately loads ok with all settings as they should be.

but..

When I load the first scene (V4 with lots of shoes, hair ect parented to it) then load the scene with the Reality Light-dome and floor, then my film response, exposure control and other settings are gone.

Must be doing something wrong..

superboomturbo ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quote - It might help to remind that the scenes must be in .duf format, both of them, before you do the merge.

Cheers.

I've been having this problem too, where the second merge's reality info disappears. This is good to know! 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

superboomturbo ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:11 PM

Quote - Not sure if anyone is aware or interested but I found out about a contest in DA. It ends on the 9th so there is still time to enter. Only a handful of 3d renders and so far I do believe I am the only one that entered using Reality.

Got a link? Cough cough. 

callad ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:14 PM

Having lots of problems atm (not all Reality related) MLIE for example bogs down my pc with the fans running high.. I found that the .TIF image it creates for face with make-up layers gets to be as big as 65Mb... Anyone knows how to fix that or give a pointer to a forum where this is dicussed?

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:20 PM

Sorry I thought I got it added

http://my.deviantart.com/art/MAMA-Scared-Stiff-Contest-341394011

BradHP ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:27 PM

Quote -
Sorry I thought I got it added

http://my.deviantart.com/art/MAMA-Scared-Stiff-Contest-341394011

"Oops. The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:29 PM

Quote - Having lots of problems atm (not all Reality related) MLIE for example bogs down my pc with the fans running high.. I found that the .TIF image it creates for face with make-up layers gets to be as big as 65Mb... Anyone knows how to fix that or give a pointer to a forum where this is dicussed?

Hmm, some of my LIE tif files are around 60MB. Could be dependant on the source files.

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:35 PM

Oki... another problem.. I have a ghost in Luxrender..

First image shows the ghost,

Second image shows that I set the opacity for the hair parts to zero

Third image shows I set the hairparts to 'null' in Reality

Fourth image shows where the hairparts are.

Now what am I doing wrong here?

ghost

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:36 PM

Attached Link: MAMA Scared Stiff Contest

Ok got this figured out now lmao. I'm still a newbie at forums

Try this one

BradHP ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:56 PM

Quote - Ok got this figured out now lmao. I'm still a newbie at forums

Try this one

That worked. 

Lots of entries and some are pretty good, but I'll give it a try anyway.

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 1:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ok got this figured out now lmao. I'm still a newbie at forums

Try this one

That worked. 

Lots of entries and some are pretty good, but I'll give it a try anyway.

With $5,000 dollars going to the 1st prize winner I'm willing to take a shot

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 2:05 PM

Quote - Oki... another problem.. I have a ghost in Luxrender..

First image shows the ghost,

Second image shows that I set the opacity for the hair parts to zero

Third image shows I set the hairparts to 'null' in Reality

Fourth image shows where the hairparts are.

Now what am I doing wrong here?

ghost

Are you sure you have set the correct parts to null, etc? What hair is it?

My DA Gallery

callad ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yes I did :) It's Galathea Hair.

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 3:36 PM

I get the same issue. I suspect it is bad geometry, there are faces not properly defined.

My DA Gallery

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 5:07 PM

You could delete that geometry from the scene altogether...

If you are exporting as PLY files:

Open the lxo file for the scene in Notepad++ (or similar) You'll have an entry like the following

Object blMilWom_v4b_68498

AttributeBegin
NamedMaterial "2_SkinHip_30"
Shape "plymesh" "bool smooth" ["false"] "string filename" ["Pool_House_750-Resources/objects/Andrea_Andrea_2_SkinHip_30.ply"]
AttributeEnd

defined for each surface.

Find the surface you are looking for and delete the entry. You may get an used material error in Lux but don't worry about it.

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 5:43 PM · edited Sun, 06 January 2013 at 5:49 PM

file_490227.jpg

Thought I would give Callad's larger curved mesh light a try.  I couldn't really figure out how to get the deformers to work on both sides so mine came out a little lopsided.  While I couldn't use the exact settings for the skin, I thought this one turned out pretty good.  So I thought I would share.

Test View larger image here

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Thought I would give Callad's larger curved mesh light a try.  I couldn't really figure out how to get the deformers to work on both sides so mine came out a little lopsided.  While I couldn't use the exact settings for the skin, I thought this one turned out pretty good.  So I thought I would share.

Test View larger image here

I can feel the wind blowing around her legs :) I agree, it turned out very well indeed!

My DA Gallery

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 5:58 PM

Thanks Doc, and here I was told you were maning the fan!  *winks

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 6:06 PM

Quote - Thanks Doc, and here I was told you were maning the fan!  *winks

If I was manning the fans, it would have been upwards and not sideways :lol:

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 6:49 PM · edited Sun, 06 January 2013 at 6:52 PM

file_490229.jpg

Somebody mentioned that expanding the size of the haircap cab get rid of hair poking through how does one change the size of the haircap? Its only a surface?

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 7:42 PM

Quote - Somebody mentioned that expanding the size of the haircap cab get rid of hair poking through how does one change the size of the haircap? Its only a surface?

In most cases the haircap is an actual object and if so, then adjust the scaling dails. If they are not visable, check to show hidden dails.. Yours looks like the hair is part of the texture, if so, nothing you can do, but you shouldn't have pokethru is it is.

a great way to get hair and hair caps to fit, is get it close then apply the smoothing modifier with the figure as collision, then play with the amounts till it fits.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 7:44 PM

K thanks man or my lazy post wotk methods LOL

StevieC ( ) posted Sun, 06 January 2013 at 11:06 PM
Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Female version of my latest render....still working on getting the milk to look more realistic....looks more like whitish paint here....

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 12:07 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Started this one a few weeks ago and just went back to it.  I have one more image running for that dA contest mustang2011 mentioned and that'll probably be the last I mess with Daz/Reality for a while.  My project for 2013 is learning Carrara so I'm about to bury myself in some tutorials.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:01 AM

Ha changing programs intresreting Brad

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:22 AM

file_490235.jpg

> Quote - Ha changing programs intresreting Brad

Not changing, just expanding.  My ultimate goal has always been animation.  I was just starting to read up on iClone when Daz went free.  I grabbed Daz just because it was free, planning to integrate it into iClone.

But I got a little sidetracked and spent this whole past year playing with Daz (and never got iClone). 

I've played with Carrara for a few hours over the last few days and it's pretty amazing so far.  It can use almost all of the content from Daz and Poser, with better animation AND physics and particle effects. 

Here's an image I threw together in a few minutes during one of the basic lighting tutorials. Render time was 1 minute 32 seconds. Tomorrow I'm going to take the same figure and pose and run it through Reality to see how it compares.  I love Reality, but I don't think I'll ever see an image like this come out of it that quick. 

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:39 AM

No lux is definately longer. The reason I like it better is due to the fact that the DS 3D light engine has not evolved much since DS3A in my opinion. UE renders still come out more or less the same. I have gotten many nice renders but like you. I am coming up on a year of lux rendering and managed to get it where I can use it for my needs... I look forward when Paolo updates Reality so I can start using 2.1

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:44 AM · edited Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:44 AM

Christmas 2012

I don't know how your Christmas was last year, but let me tell you a little about mine.

I couldn't afford a real Christmas tree, so had to make one from scrap. No tree lights either. Had to use lanterns from the shed. Heck, could not even get decorations bar a ribbon. No wood or coal for a fire. Christmas Turkey .. how about a burger? Not for the house mouse, he had enough and packed his stuff.

And to top it all, I only got one present.

So here is hoping for a better Christmas this year.

My DA Gallery

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 8:29 AM

Quote - Female version of my latest render....still working on getting the milk to look more realistic....looks more like whitish paint here....

White paint or not, I like it!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 8:39 AM

Quote - Started this one a few weeks ago and just went back to it.  I have one more image running for that dA contest mustang2011 mentioned and that'll probably be the last I mess with Daz/Reality for a while.  My project for 2013 is learning Carrara so I'm about to bury myself in some tutorials.

Nice. I used Carrara way before i ever started with DS and Reality, it is a great program, easy to set up shaders, great lighting options and my fav part are the terrains. I just really wanted unbiased rendering so that I knew the lighting in my scenes was the way lighting actually worked in real life and not a mock up of what I wanted it to look like. Of course now I know even with real lighting in photoshoots they use tricks and such, so unbiased isn't looking as bad now, LOL. which is why I dabbled with Vray, Maxwell and now Luxrender.

Best of luck with carrara. If the next version has some of the features in DS4.5, I'll probably be getting it also.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 8:46 AM

Quote - Christmas 2012

I don't know how your Christmas was last year, but let me tell you a little about mine.

I couldn't afford a real Christmas tree, so had to make one from scrap. No tree lights either. Had to use lanterns from the shed. Heck, could not even get decorations bar a ribbon. No wood or coal for a fire. Christmas Turkey .. how about a burger? Not for the house mouse, he had enough and packed his stuff.

And to top it all, I only got one present.

So here is hoping for a better Christmas this year.

You need to look at the bright side, Xmas trees, fire hazards, many a home was burned down due to them. Fireplaces, they pollute the air, so you are saving the environment and turkey, is really bad for you. Burger meat has been proven to help in boosting your immune system, AND one present is better than no presents, so win win in my book.

If that is the same story for the girl in the image, send her to my house, I have a present for her, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 8:49 AM

Ok, thought I try out callads lighting suggestions and this is the result. The film response and gamme correction really make a difference.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

superboomturbo ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 1:45 PM · edited Mon, 07 January 2013 at 1:46 PM

Hey Brad, if you're really interested in animation, check out what you can do with motion capture. Carrara is great and such, and I really admire the particle/physics utilization, but at the end of the day, frame by frame is still really, really taxing on both time and computer resources (where rendering is concerned).

I can't recall the site of the top off my head, but there used to be a company that went belly up some years ago and following, all of their mo-cap files went up on the net. The format was in .bvh which can be used with most modeling programs (and blender, if you ever try that).

Not withstanding, I happened to scoop up the iPi recorder program when it was free. I haven't tried it, but the idea is that you use the ps3 eye cam to record your own movements and translate them into daz-usable mo-cap animations. Sounded super slick, but I didn't have the eyecam to see if it worked. Just another option... 

Tollaris ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 2:23 PM · edited Mon, 07 January 2013 at 2:24 PM

You can also try this for animation files. Should be free to use in commercial products as well.

CMU Graphics Lab Motion Capture Database

http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/

Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:57 PM

Any tips for oily skin?

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 3:59 PM

High gloss & transimittion color? Or geometry shell as gloss or glass?

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 4:02 PM

Quote - Hey Brad, if you're really interested in animation, check out what you can do with motion capture. Carrara is great and such, and I really admire the particle/physics utilization, but at the end of the day, frame by frame is still really, really taxing on both time and computer resources (where rendering is concerned).

I can't recall the site of the top off my head, but there used to be a company that went belly up some years ago and following, all of their mo-cap files went up on the net. The format was in .bvh which can be used with most modeling programs (and blender, if you ever try that).

Not withstanding, I happened to scoop up the iPi recorder program when it was free. I haven't tried it, but the idea is that you use the ps3 eye cam to record your own movements and translate them into daz-usable mo-cap animations. Sounded super slick, but I didn't have the eyecam to see if it worked. Just another option... 

Baby steps.  I went to Carrara because of how easy it is to throw my Daz content into a scene (and I have tons of it to play with). This is giving me a chance to learn some animation and modeling in the same program. Just bringing a Daz model into Carrara model room has given me some new insight on this stuff is built. 

Hopefully after a few months I can move on again to something bigger and better like Blender, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, or something else that looks incredibly complicated. 

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 6:29 PM

Still working on textures for hameleon's strapless mini-dress.  Very rewarding to work with as blacksmith seems to really like it.

This one I had to diffuse the hell out of because after 3000 passes it was still uber-noisy.

Xandi ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 10:04 PM

I have really been enjoying all the renders lately. Some gorgeous work is being done.  The attention to lighting, detail and textures is amazing. 

I'm about to start trying to learn this again. I bought a dress at Daz, thinking I would try some texturing.  There wasn't a texture map included, so do I need to make one and if so how?

Thank you all for the enjoyment you bring with your marvelous renders.

lasserine ( ) posted Mon, 07 January 2013 at 11:28 PM

Quote - Also by request. This one is under water, I leave the stunning versions to Callad :) I call her Aphrodite. Please click for larger.

Sorry it was a page back, but this came out great.  Thanks Doc!

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 5:04 AM

Quote - I have really been enjoying all the renders lately. Some gorgeous work is being done.  The attention to lighting, detail and textures is amazing. 

I'm about to start trying to learn this again. I bought a dress at Daz, thinking I would try some texturing.  There wasn't a texture map included, so do I need to make one and if so how?

Thank you all for the enjoyment you bring with your marvelous renders.

Xandi.. you can either do your work over one of the diffuse, trans or bump maps that come with the product; or, you can use the free version of uvmapper to save uv templates.

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 3:54 PM

Attached Link: New girl

file_490280.jpg

Just some more tamed newer stuff

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 3:56 PM · edited Tue, 08 January 2013 at 3:57 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: Desk pov

file_490281.jpg

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 3:58 PM

The weekly Reality 3 update is up: http://preta3d.com/blog/2013/01/08/reality-3-weekly-update-procedural-displacement/

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 08 January 2013 at 3:59 PM

Attached Link: New girl 2

file_490282.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.