Fri, May 17, 8:56 AM CDT

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 11 11:37 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: I (ratracer) will be closing my store by the 30 th september

ratracer ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 12:42 PM · edited Sun, 07 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

It saddens me quite a bit to announce this:
30th September will be the last day my products (with the exception of TV Sitcom Set, by pzrite and me) will be for sale.

My (ratracer's) store can be found at:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=178024

Due to my real-life profession, I have to suspend my activity as 3d seller, which is the reason I am taking out my sets from my store.

I take this time to thank everyone for the wonderful time I have been having here at renderosity as a vendor -  with all the warm feedback from my customers , great and always friendly support from the all of the staff and the many help and colaboration I had with many fellow vendors.

I hope to be able to return to renderosity as a vendor, but if possible it will never be before 2013... Until (if) that day comes I will remain as a non.vendor member.

Once again, thank you all!
Cheers

Eduardo a.k.a. ratracer

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 1:09 PM

Wow!! What bad news is that, I have many of your sets as you know, this will be a big loss!!
Hope you can get back sooner, you'll be sorely missed!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 1:55 PM

I don't understand why your real-life profession oblies you to taking out your sets from your store. Why you don't leave your products without adding any new?

Bad news. If you announce it with more time, I could buy something (I have several items in my wishlist). But with only two days... :crying:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 5:25 PM

Sorry to hear, I will have to get some stuff before you go.

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2008 at 7:31 PM

oh noooooooo!
i love your stuff - i own a ton of it in my runtimes!!!!!
please don't close up.
love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 2:33 PM

I am sad to hear this was well. I just found out the other day about some of your packs and wanted to pick a few up. But I am unable to as well before the end of the month. I hope everything goes well for you in RL Take care.

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 5:45 PM · edited Mon, 29 September 2008 at 5:48 PM

Wow, that really sucks!  Had a few things in my wishlist too.  I hope whatever you do will produce great results in your life time.  Things change, some suck and some are great, this one sucks for us!  I wish you all the luck in the world for your success in whatever you do, as we sadly say goodbye.

Got a question, I don't have any cash at all right now, but speaking for others, can you at least put them on a large discount for others to grab?  It's the least you can do to thank your customers and wishers.  We'll surely miss ya pal!

...wolfie

jeffg3 ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 6:03 PM

How about a going out of business sale price?

I'd like to buy a lot of your stuff - but I can't spend that much money.

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 6:33 PM

Would be a waste just deleting them and no one ever seeing them again :(  Seen that happen before, upset a lot of people...

Teruchan ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 6:38 PM

This is a real shame. I have quite a few of your sets too. Like others, I am not in a position to buy anything before the end date, but if I was , I would try to get it all.

I, unfortunately, know what you mean about real life profession stopping you from doing your 3D vendor work. I had to move on shortly after getting started, and even in 2013 I won't be back. (Interestingly, that is 5 years. Is there any significance?)

I hope there will be some way to get some of your great items again goon.

____
The Real Teruchan

SophiD ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 7:25 PM

that's sad news ratracer! :(

big fan of your sets! I will definitely miss your creations and hope to see you make a fab comeback in 2013!!

all the best in your future endeavours!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 7:31 PM

Wow, sad to see you go. I have a lot of your sets already but there's still several waiting in my wishlist - like others my finances are exhausted at the moment so it's a shame I have to let them go.

Best of luck with your new work situation and your 5 year "holiday" from the poser scene, heheh.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us over the years.

Cheers

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 7:57 PM

Sad to see you go as well; though I won't be able to purchase what I have on my wishlist!

Your products are amazing-But I'm glad to know you'll be around even as a non-vendor!!

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 8:56 PM

this is a tru bummer. You have some of the best scenery sets going. No one does the grunge like you do.
Had planned on buying most of your stuff at one time or another, and have a few already, but just don;t have the cash to pick them all up...'

well...hopefully you will stay. Doe sit take much effort once the stuff is in the store to collect the earnings?
or maybe RL is making it where you will be somewhere that you can't be on the net much or something.

anyway..good luck to you

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 9:12 PM

Best wishes, Eduardo. YOU WILL BE MISSED!

I've been buying your sets for sometime now, and use them often. You've been one of THE best vendors to grace Renderosity, and your products will be sorely missed.

-- Jeff

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 10:25 PM

Your works are just gorgeous.  It's too bad you feel you need to remove the items from the store though.  Why not leave them and let the extra income come in and see how that goes for a while??  Unless there are other reasons that have not been made clear to us I also see no reason to take all these lovely sets down and away from potential buyers.  I'd certainly rethink that!! 

In any case, all the best to you. 

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

jamminwolf ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 10:27 PM

Hey ray, if you read this, I have an idea.  You know, that in 5 years your products will more than likely become obsolete.  So I was wondering if these options would work for ya...

1)sell them to someone to put up on their website to sell.. possibly Renderosity, though I don't know how that'll work.

1. Give them to someone to give as freebies.

2. Give those who bought them a permission to share with others.

These products are just too good to see them go to waste, especially when sooooooooooo many people want them lol.  Just an idea.  I have just about all of them in my wishlist sighs but I can't even get one.

...wolfie

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 11:01 PM

Quote - I don't understand why your real-life profession oblies you to taking out your sets from your store. Why you don't leave your products without adding any new?

Bad news. If you announce it with more time, I could buy something (I have several items in my wishlist). But with only two days... :crying:

I've seen this before.
A modeller made some models for a game and gave them to that gaming community for free.
He then got a paying job with a commercial interest related to that same game and had to pull his freebies.

I dont understand it either, but that's business. And NOT to say that this is the case here, but we know someone will be working (hopefully!) until 2013! That is good news.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 4:15 AM

I've been a good customer and have and have used most of your products. You will be missed! I love your designs and design philosophy! It saddens me to see another vendor I love leave, but I wish you well and know you'll do well from your talent which is innovative and strong.

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Shalimar-Cherie ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 4:48 AM

Dear ratracer

You will sure got your reason for and as an newer purchaser i feel sorry about . One crying eye on it .
At the other hand i wish you luck for your personal future and hope it works out the best way for you , so one smiling eye on the other side .

As a respect for you Creations i picked my favorite one and purchased it today , will work with in memory of a great Creator as you are . To bad i found it to late , so i would get much more of your amazing Set.
Now i gues its time to say good bye to you as an 3D seller for now , but i realy badly hope you come back as such ( please be back quick ) .

Cries .... why cant i find a Moneytree in my garden , i would rush back and buy out all your Things in a Moment ........... is there realy no other Chance ........ ?

Best wishes to you

Shalimar

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 5:22 AM

i rushed out and bought a couple of things too!  i already have most of the contemporary stuff.
love esther

cassegrain ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 5:51 AM

Wonderful stuff !
I have lots of your items in my runtime and so many left in my whislist .
Hope to see you back by 2013 and good luck.

Natolii ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 6:09 AM

Damn, I can't afford the Caverns I've been eyeballing.

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 6:24 AM

cassegrain - there's a vinyard for the same name as your nickname, near where I live.
Love esther

Kattey ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 9:02 AM

While I understand that life circumstances are very important I do not understand that decision or how the activity as independant 3D vendor can interfere with any possible job.

Anyway, I just kicked out of cart all clothes and haircuts and textures and got as much sets as it was possible.

Good luck, Ratracer. Thank you for sharing your skills with us for such a long time.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 9:19 AM

I have greatly admired your creative work for such a long time.  It is ashame that it is coming to an end.  Your will be missed.

dxrs0 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 12:30 PM

sorry to see you go.  Hope life treats you well and finds you with the best of fortune.

Kazam561 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 2:22 PM
Online Now!

I wish you luck and happiness in your new endeavors. I've always been a big fan and have very much enjoyed your products. I hope you return to selling 3d products soon.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

tsarist ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 2:50 PM

Ratracer

Your work is excellent. I don't really understand why people close their stores. It seems that a person could just not add any new items.

Your work stands the test of time. Your older pieces are as cool as the newer stuff. I am an extremely satisfied customer.

You take Care and I wish you the best in all you do.

dragonfly2004 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 3:40 PM

Good luck with your future endeavours, Eduardo, and I wish you good things in your life.
Frank

tiggersprings ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 7:23 PM

What a shame. I picked up several of your wonderful sets. I wish I could get the rest, but I dare not to stretch the budget any more.  Good luck with your future projects.  I hope your products will return one day.  

Harbinjer ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:07 AM

Thanks for all the great models... I just bought three more :)

ScaryBear ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 4:48 AM

This is a real shame.  Over the past couple months I've picked up quite a few of your scenes and they are just awesome.  I too hope you will change your mind about pulling your products, or find another way to let the community enjoy your work by offering them another way or from another vendor.

Good luck in your new endevours.  I hope things work out well and you are able to return in 5 years ... can't wait to see what you'll come up with by then, lol :)

zap326 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 7:14 AM

Ratracer, good luck mate on whatever you're doing. 👍

Those of us who've purchased your stuff will of course be using them to good effect for some time to come.

:SIGH:
Still sad to see your stuff leaving though.

:sad:

MKeyes ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 9:52 AM

Dang it! There are five sets you've done that I want! Will I be able to contact you later and make a purchase directly from you? Oh please tell me I can, because your props sets are amazing and I need five of them!!!

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 6:04 PM

it is gone :(

jamminwolf ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 12:31 AM

And he's apparently gone too, not responding to anyone, just ignoring us :(  Oh well, wish I'd have bought them when I had the money :(

zandira ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2008 at 2:47 AM

I have every single model you ever sold at Rendo, most I bought myself, others I got as gifts but five years before we MIGHT get anything new...AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!  I'll go freaking nuts. All together now...NEED MORE RATRACER.

ratracer ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 12:53 PM

First of all, thank you all.
Thanks for all the support, and also for enjoying my sets... I had much more sales than I ever expected, and much more positive comments than I ever imagined...

You know, creating 3d sets was always a surprising experience, as I was surprised every time by the end result. But much more than that, I was always surprised that other people liked it!

In any case, the closing of the store was a difficult decision, more than that,: it was, as it came to be, a sad moment. As you have noticed, during this year, I had almost stopped making 3d sets -  that was due to personal  reasons, most of  them  good, by the way, but made my dedication and time to creating 3d sets to take a significant  cut.  This I missed, because  I felt it as a part of my regular day - it completed, in those times, my day.  But more than  just  having me almost stop,  it came the time  when I had to close my store: my  real life job has nothing to do with 3d, but has an exclusity clause (for which I am paid for) which prevents me from getting earnings from any other source (in a regular basis, in any case)... Generic rules from big companies, that don't accept exceptions!

Just to finish - I understand that something that no one accepts well, and neither do I, is having my sets disappear to the recesses of my hard disk... but there is a chance that they will be back in a  market, in the net, somewhere ( and I am not referring to piracy sites LOL)... but I still don't know if it will be and that is not something that I will anounce here...

Kattey ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 1:09 PM

Thank you for your post,  Ratracer. ;)

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 1:15 PM

great to hear from you, and it makes all more sense now.
Is it not possible, as you cannot sell them, to just put them up now as freebies at a site? By the time you get back at it, technology will have changed to the point of relagating most of the sets obsolete.
Quite a few vendors have taken that approach with their older creations.

jamminwolf ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2008 at 9:32 PM

Thanks for replying raytrace!  I wish you luck in everything!  When you do re-release them, please email me or Site mail me so I can go get some stuff :)

Regards, wolfie

joko229 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 3:48 PM

arrrgghhh -  I havn't logged on in a while missed this or I would have bought up the stuff on my wish list.   rats, curses, crud ...

Disciple3d ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2008 at 12:14 PM

Wow. sorry I missed the notice or I would have certainly picked up a few more items. I only recently discovered your set and was really impressed with the quality.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,
Brent

If you want to up your content game, get schooled to be a pro with Sixus1 Mentoring today!

ViciousCircle ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2008 at 12:31 PM

Those are bad news... i have been away from poser for around a year when i discovered on an old external hd the sailors quarter. Gived it a try a returned here for more ratracer... i own several of your items, for me the BEST scenes ever crafted.
Sad news but i can only can give you a BIG thanks for those models and wish you the best of luck in whatever you do.

BTW im again hooked on poser, and that is something i owe you.

Vueiy ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2008 at 10:34 AM

Quote - ...But more than  just  having me almost stop,  it came the time  when I had to close my store: my  real life job has nothing to do with 3d, but has an exclusity clause (for which I am paid for) which prevents me from getting earnings from any other source (in a regular basis, in any case)... Generic rules from big companies, that don't accept exceptions!

Just to finish - I understand that something that no one accepts well, and neither do I, is having my sets disappear to the recesses of my hard disk... but there is a chance that they will be back in a  market, in the net, somewhere ( and I am not referring to piracy sites LOL)... but I still don't know if it will be and that is not something that I will anounce here...

I'm looking forward to you coming back in the future; I was just searching for some of your items and was surprised to find out you were no longer a merchant here.  Perhaps you could put your items up on a private site as "donation items," sort of like "gifts" when someone donates money to you?  I wouldn't expect you to give such wonderful sets away for free, but maybe if you're technically receiving a "donation" that might work.  Just a thought.

Any way things go, thanks for the wonderful products so far, and I hope you're able to return to doing what you love. :)

jeffg3 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2008 at 1:47 PM

Set up your wife/brother/mother as a seller and let them gift you the proceeds.

Vueiy ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2008 at 1:22 PM

Quote - Set up your wife/brother/mother as a seller and let them gift you the proceeds.

Genius!

jefsview ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2009 at 2:49 AM

Just a FYI: ratracer's products are now showing up @ Vanishing Point, and by proxy, Content Paradise.

-- Jeff

Helgard ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 7:32 PM

Yep, just in case anyone was wondering, we have purchased all of the models from ratracer. All models are being updated from the originals, all geometry is being made external, and in total there will be 60 models coming from ratracer on VP and CP, as well as Vue versions of most of the models.

Your specialist military, sci-fi, historical and real world site.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2009 at 9:19 PM

that is most rightious :) There were some I wanted to buy before...and now we can ...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.