Thu, May 16, 1:47 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 1:31 am)

Subject: Rigger shoes

Tipol ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 3:15 AM · edited Wed, 15 May 2024 at 2:04 AM

Hello, I modeled shoes in hexagon for La Femme.

Capture3.JPG

It is a heeled shoe, I had already made shoes for the Woman and had rigged them without problem but they were flat shoes. And I admit that I do little conforming and know dynamic better, but conforming is more suitable for shoes. To model my shoe I took LaFemme latest model (R1 I believe) I put a foot pose in pose and I exported it in obj. opened in hexagon and modeled my shoe on it. I try to rig it but it does not work, already my shoe does not fit the model provided in the developper ring and in addition there are several.

! [Capture2.JPG] (https://live.cdn.renderosity.com/forum/_legacy/forum_12356/thread_2952088/file_5fd0b37cd7dbbb00f97ba6ce92bf5add.JPG)

then it doesn't work and the foot is not in the shoe in the end even if I apply the initial pose to it.

Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG

Someone have a tutorial on how to rig heeled shoes? or someone to explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

thank you in advance!

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 6:01 AM
Site Admin

I believe the problem is that the foot of the shoe needs to be flat when you rig it and then it gets bent with a pose after.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

bwldrd ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 10:48 AM
Online Now!

There is a tutorial here on Renderosity, that I think, may address your issue.

LaFemme - Dual Shoes Poser Tutorial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Tipol ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 11:42 AM

Oh wonderful, thanks this is exactly what I was looking for, I will watch this.

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 12:10 PM · edited Wed, 16 September 2020 at 12:11 PM

The simple thing to do is pose LF to fit your shoe, go to the fitting room, Don’t zero LF. transfer the rigging down to the toes, and create a new figure. Return to the pose room. Zero LF. Pose the shoe to fit the foot. Back to the fitting room and rerig to the zeroed LF. Create new figure. Done.

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 1:04 PM · edited Wed, 16 September 2020 at 1:13 PM

RobZhena posted at 8:01PM Wed, 16 September 2020 - #4399627

The simple thing to do is pose LF to fit your shoe, go to the fitting room, Don’t zero LF. transfer the rigging down to the toes, and create a new figure. Return to the pose room. Zero LF. Pose the shoe to fit the foot. Back to the fitting room and rerig to the zeroed LF. Create new figure. Done.

Or the other way around: Pose your shoe until it fits your figure. Then run the following script (can also be used for hair)

SCENE = poser.Scene()

def set_actor(actor):
    assert isinstance(actor, poser.ActorType)
    if not hasattr(actor, "Geometry") or \
            actor.Geometry() is None or \
            actor.Geometry().NumVertices() == 0:
        raise TypeError("Actor has no usable geometry.")
    geom = actor.Geometry()
    for idx, v in enumerate(geom.WorldVertices()):
        vert = geom.Vertex(idx)  # type: poser.VertType
        vert.SetX(v.X())
        vert.SetY(v.Y())
        vert.SetZ(v.Z())

actor.Reset()
    SCENE.DrawAll()

if __name__ == "__main__":
    set_actor(SCENE.CurrentActor())

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 16 September 2020 at 4:19 PM

You can’t pose an unrighteousness shoe.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.