Fri, May 17, 9:09 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 11:59 pm)

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

Lotharen ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2020 at 6:42 AM

Im back after a LONG absence. I havn't seen the answer but I'm sure its easy to loose it in this sea of info. Can La Femme wear V4 clothings and the like?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2020 at 8:46 AM

Lotharen posted at 8:45AM Thu, 05 March 2020 - #4382608

Im back after a LONG absence. I havn't seen the answer but I'm sure its easy to loose it in this sea of info. Can La Femme wear V4 clothings and the like?

No. Not without converting them.

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 05 March 2020 at 3:24 PM

Lotharen posted at 4:23PM Thu, 05 March 2020 - #4382608

How to Convert V4 and Other Gowns and Dresses for La Femme

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 07 March 2020 at 2:14 PM

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 12:12PM Sat, 07 March 2020 - #4380394

You know what, I might be enjoying this hair making thing a little too much.

image.png

(This is a morph for the one above)

Is there a L'Homme fit morph and also is there a squared bob morph (not A lined in the front? Most boys don't have their one length cuts A lined)

Looks really nice! Got your other hairstyle you just released. Not had a chance to use it yet though!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 08 March 2020 at 12:54 PM

thoennes posted at 1:51PM Sun, 08 March 2020 - #4381495

EClark1894 posted at 8:06AM Sun, 23 February 2020 - #4381147

Traci, do you mind if I post a link to this freebie in the Freebies category of the Directory?

Out of curiosity, can you describe the setup (products/vendors, render setup) for the banner image on the poser Vendor Directory site? It's very nice. I think I see the Alanis hair. And IBL with a sphere/dome? In any case, very pretty. :)

Honestly, I'm not sure if you were addressing me or Traci. Either way, I apologize for taking so long to answer.

Varnayrah ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 3:46 AM

I find it's getting very silent around La Femme and L'Homme, very few releases... are we giving up on her?

3Dream ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 8:50 AM

Poser needs a new figure or a new version of LA Femme included in Poser 13 with new and better morphs to expand the possibilities of characters creation. Only this way merchants will be motivated to create more characters for her.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 9:03 AM · edited Thu, 20 July 2023 at 9:05 AM
3Dream posted at 8:50 AM Thu, 20 July 2023 - #4470649

Poser needs a new figure or a new version of LA Femme included in Poser 13 with new and better morphs to expand the possibilities of characters creation. Only this way merchants will be motivated to create more characters for her.

Latest Poser Pulse

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 10:19 AM
Site Admin

I'm so excited to hear about this. But now I'll have a problem. Which one do I use because I love the original too

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 10:45 AM

RedPhantom posted at 10:19 AM Thu, 20 July 2023 - #4470652

I'm so excited to hear about this. But now I'll have a problem. Which one do I use because I love the original too

In the words of the great Miguel and Tulio from Road to El Dorado: 

"Both? Both. Both is good." 

:D

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 12:49 PM
Site Admin
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 10:45 AM Thu, 20 July 2023 - #4470656

Yes, I probably will

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 1:22 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 10:45 AM Thu, 20 July 2023 - #4470656

Yisss! My favorite duo and meme! And omg, new LF!!

arrow1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 5:06 PM

Where is this so called new Poser Figure? I clicked on the link and got an error! Cheers

Custom built computer 128 gigs RAM,2 Terrabyte hard drive, NVIDIA RTX 3060 12 Gig, Intel i9, Dual Dell Screens, 0/S Windows 11, networked to a Special 12th Generation intel I9, RTX 3060 12 Gig, Windows 11,64 gigs RAM, Dual Phillips Screens, 2 Terrabyte SSD Hard Drive plus 1 Terrabyte Hard Drive,3rd Computer intel i7,64 gigs ram, Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GeForce 1660 Ti 6 Gig,1 Terrabyte Hard Drive, OS Windows 10 64 Bit Dual Samsung Syncmaster 226bw Screens.Plus Lenovo Laptop 64 Bit,12 gigs Ram.Intel i7 chip.Windows 10 Pro and Ultimate. 4 x 2 Terrabyte Hard Drives and 2 x 2 Terrabyte external USB Hard drives. All Posers from 4 to Poser 2010 and 2012, 2014. Poser 11 and 12, 13, Hexagon 2.5 64 Bit, Carrara 8.5 Pro 64 bit, Adobe Photoshop CS4 Creative Production Suite. Adobe Photoshop CC 2024, Vue 10 and 10.5 Infinite Vue 11 14.5 Infinite plus Vue 15 and 16 Infinite, Vue 2023 and 2024, Plant Catologue, DAZ Studio 4.22, iClone 7 with 3DXchange and Character Creator 3, Nikon D3 Camera with several lenses.  Nikon Z 6 ii and Z5. 180-600mm lens, 24-70 mm lens with adapter.Just added 2x 2 Terrabyte portable hard drives.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 5:18 PM

She's not been released yet Arrow.  Here is the Poser Pulse link to see some little bits of info for her.

https://www.renderosity.com/article/27135/feel-posers-pulse-getting-stronger

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 5:30 PM · edited Thu, 20 July 2023 at 5:30 PM

This is an ancient thread from 2019, hence the title--that's when La Femme was originally released. The latest post above from Afrodite-Ohki contains the link for La Femme's upcoming new version.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 5:32 PM

Just keep in mind, the current La Femme is an updated version which makes her version 1.2.

RobZhena ( ) posted Thu, 20 July 2023 at 7:28 PM

I'm sorry. I have converted so much clothing and so many shoes to LF that I am not going to "easily" convert them again to a new rigging each time I use LF. Enjoy her!

Varnayrah ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 5:05 AM

That's exciting news as far as it goes.. if content can indeed be converted. I just haven't upgraded to Poser13 yet, so... hm... does she also work in Poser 12?

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 8:21 AM

I don't see any reason why she shouldn't work in P12.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 11:47 AM

Base LF2 is Poser 11+.

- - - - - - 

DownTown37 ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 1:55 PM · edited Fri, 21 July 2023 at 1:57 PM

Interesting Indeed ! But wondering why expanding, rebuilding LF as there was a promised Unimesh simple skinning model for poser13, actually already on launch, the latest news was that it would be released a little later. This would for sure be worth spending time on also for future extensions from creators rather then continue building on a older system. Unless all this Unimesh promotion was a big bla bla and has been dropped in the meantime.

Poser Traditional rigging is very limited and always causing bending issues no matter how much you will try so the Idea jumping on simple skinning was actually good and would of solved many of these limitations. 

So makes me wondering why rebuilding a whole wardrobe for a figure type without a big future if  that promised release with better options is coming out soon, Poser 13 promotion were saying that it already was built and just is having a little delay due some issues. What happen there ?? 

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 2:08 PM
Online Now!

And what about the new Dawn? It's been a long time waiting for her.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 3:15 PM
A_Sunbeam posted at 2:08 PM Fri, 21 July 2023 - #4470735

And what about the new Dawn? It's been a long time waiting for her.

You need to ask that question at the Hivewire forum, as it is their product. 

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 3:38 PM · edited Fri, 21 July 2023 at 3:38 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I would rather that they take their time and optimize the figure's capability than to release a model that the end-users will eventually bitch and groan about.  That makes better sense.  The developers can't please everyone, you can already see the dissention in this thread.  If you can do a better job, volunteer your services.  Otherwise, wait until the product is released, play with it for a while, and then, response with sensible, constructive criticism and a solution on how to correct the problems.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 3:49 PM
hborre posted at 3:38 PM Fri, 21 July 2023 - #4470748

I would rather that they take their time and optimize the figure's capability than to release a model that the end-users will eventually bitch and groan about.  That makes better sense.  The developers can't please everyone, you can already see the dissention in this thread.  If you can do a better job, volunteer your services.  Otherwise, wait until the product is released, play with it for a while, and then, response with sensible, constructive criticism and a solution on how to correct the problems.

People certainly don't make us excited to create things for them.

But a few do. I continue for them.

On unimesh: I wasn't gonna wait around and rot going for that to come.

- - - - - - 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 3:57 PM

When a figure isn't even *released* but it's already being criticized... Dear Lord, yeah. I feel for you, Ohki!

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 4:25 PM · edited Fri, 21 July 2023 at 4:25 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

A missed moment a few years back... a lot of fuss could have been avoided .... V4 was nearly perfect ....  add SASHA-16 by Karina to the base V4 model .... male version included in Sasha system ... amazing morphs like you can barely imagine ..... advanced direct manipulation in the viewport.

However, Karina was distracted by other things in life, and did not assert this model. He did not turn it into a practical  "product."

I am obliged to show renders with her nude, so you can see the figure. Artistic nudity ahead ...   

::::: Opera :::::

lNxbXOsVrE8RRI02Lu454M8ZoBNoyMZzS9t6s4d3.png

7jqfh4jKlR8FNiDNzFk4M0QyWl1wPPRp2Pgsv0GF.png

xx9GEtkN0Tl6SfQAIwClgIwBWpKRYYGukQkvPsS2.png

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 4:27 PM
Online Now!

Rhia474 posted at 3:57 PM Fri, 21 July 2023 - #4470750

When a figure isn't even *released* but it's already being criticized... Dear Lord, yeah. I feel for you, Ohki!

If I could do a better job (which I can't), then I would.

I  really don't like rubbishing someone's work, but I honestly do not like what I've seen of the upgraded LF.

So I shall keep my gob shut.

Poser 12 don't work on my iMac, so P13 probbaly won't either. Which means for me, and possibly others, it's inow irrelevant anway.

Until I win the Lottery and buy a new PC...  (Ha ha...)

Looks like it there wil be no point in discussing the future of Poser on my machine ... Bye!

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 4:35 PM

Again, LF2 is for Poser 11+.

- - - - - - 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 4:38 PM

May I, with the greatest seriousness,  ask to elaborate what it is that you object to or do not like? Constructive criticism, I would imagine, is always expected if it if founded in objective facts 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 8:32 PM
Site Admin

Let's not trash a figure that's not even out yet. Please keep any comments polite. And please read the comments before posting as I've already seen people complain about things that aren't true.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 21 July 2023 at 10:02 PM

I don't get trashing an unreleased figure at all. I really don't.

Some people come into the forum and trash (insert whatever figure) and they have never even used it or seen content for it.

Why do they do that? Is it because it is not up to "your" standards? What, not up to your standards? Who cares? Use another one.

Do the people that trash base figures here also go to the Daz forums and trash the Genesis base figure? Trash the one in Iclone in the Real Illusion forums, etc?

Lets consider the argument that you can't make (Insert whatever figure) look like (whatever). Or that you can not work with the figure in Poser alone because of (whatever)...

So for those that have not seen this, what base figure is this made on? And what software was used? Did I have to use Zbrush, Blender, Wings, etc?

b35cdd7904f95a1b9797ad3df8077733_original.jpg

To the people that actually know, please wait.

For those of you that don't know, what is the base figure?

Is it Genesis, V3, V4, Pauline, Roxy, LF, etc, etc, etc... (it is a released figure base, so no trickery there)

And how did I make this complex morph?

How could anyone possibly tell without me telling them? The hair? The textures? The dress?

Did the HDRI I used for lighting and the background give it away? That could very well be it.............

Wait, maybe the hands or ears.... Some figure have odd hands.... Some odd ears.... Would you like a list of those that do? Lots of them do....

I can tell you that this morph looks basically nothing like the base figure, and the morph is so drastic it relies on translating body parts and animated centers.

So for those that can criticize a figure that has not even been released, what base is this? It should be very obvious which one it is to the "experts"

Poser is about having a choice out of hundreds of base figures. It is not locked to a few bases.

And that is a good thing, not a bad one.

This should be good... Flame on....

And when your done flaming, release one of your figures to the same crowd....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 12:10 AM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 12:18 AM

My quality standards are easy to explain:

The newest Poser figure needs to be capeable to render OUT OF THE BOX just as realistically as Genesis 8 or 9 does.

At least the default shape needs to be based on a LIDAR 3D scan of a real human being. (These days even scale model figurines use that tech to enhance realism)

An "eyeballed" morph based on a photographic reference simply won't cut it anymore.

Less alone a mere "artistic" representation of the human form.

The rigging should be optimized for Poser, but should be still as simple as possible.

Any "clever" rigging tricks will bloat the cr2, make the cr2 harder to modify for a layman and make the risk of breakage more likely.

The geometry should be based on human anatomy, because this is way more efficient than relying on multiple levels of subdivisions and "HD" morphs.

(One of the reasons I think that Genesis 9 is a total step in the wrong direction and probably won't be able to replace Genesis 8 as quickly as DAZ hoped)

The sad thing is that Poser's native tech (Both rigging and rendering) is perfectly capeable of holding its own, that we even already have meshes (Like Poser 5 Don, Poser 6 James or Miki I) that could be easily optimized to give us a high quality figure.

Little example:

This is the Poser 5 Don:

I intentionally did NOT use Poser 5 Judy, because Don has (almost) as good edgelooping as Michael 2 has, which is the gold standard for an efficient Poser mesh.

The rigging hasn't yet matched to the new shape. (And probably never will, as I have more important things to do).

Don's UV is based on Michael 2 (DAZ forgot to copyright it back then so Don can use M2 textures and Judy can use V2's), so there's admittedly room for optimization.

q1FmbsQdZVrE9Tq3BubSndAls13OonbbzIqsJc21.jpg

pjBzYqaWx2ekmBUjEfOrJAX3FdhWZZ6OcsZ9x52U.jpg

All in all this was just an experiment to demonstrate that even this ancient mesh can turned into a photorealistic shape, even swap its gender, without breaking.

(And, BTW, "his" new shape was done exclusively with Poser's "On Board" tools like magnets (Lots of them) and the Morphbrush.

These old meshes are MUCH better suited to compete with DAZ, because their "old school" geometry is much more elaborate and efficient (And basically almost identical with what DAZ based their success on), than all the other "one-trick pony" Poser meshes which were quickly (and cheaply) whipped up just to demonstrate a new Poser feature.

Anyway, that's just to show that would be possible if the owners of Poser really wanted.

We have the rigging tech and we already have suitable meshes.

But, yes, $$$ and real professional talent is needed. Some well meaning "volunteers" won't be able to create a figure that could hold its own against Genesis.

Personally, I've focussed my own work on the venerable V3 (And her

derivates), as I've yet fo find a mesh that is as flexible yet efficient, as her.

So I have absolutely no "Dog in this race".

JtL2PKAMH0Z1Ca1ahTFgwOZWiIJvMmqB1iLozpCM.jpg

I'm just sure that LF-2 will just be as ignored, as any other Poser meshes have been in the past.

NOT because of some DAZ conspiracy or comunity ill-will, but because her creator(s) simply were not up to the task.

BTW, this is how realistic the original MIKI is "out of the box":

lVjn45hMB1yQFUrOF0dxQLmDqoYs8NYw9AD4oHoQ.jpg

There are some (small) problems with the mesh and some pretty big ones with the rigging, but nothing that couldn't be easily solved with modern tools.

(I already tinkered with a 90% weightmapped version of her I started "just for the heck of it")

Why, oh why don't we base our new Poser figures on a mesh that's already "halfway there", instead of trying to do "point improvements" using meshes that are already fundamentally flawed right from the start?

After browsing the current DAZ catalog, can you really say with a straight face that figure like LaFemme is capeable of inspiring any new Poser user?

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 2:14 AM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 2:23 AM

JoePublic posted at 12:10 AM Sat, 22 July 2023 - #4470794

My quality standards are easy to explain:

The newest Poser figure needs to be capeable to render OUT OF THE BOX just as realistically as Genesis 8 or 9 does.

Just as capable as Genesis out of the box? What does that even mean?

This is Genesis 9, right out of the box. And it does not fit any of your criteria.... 

nR3vo00wmXmEcXUFPDFA9C8Ury587modINj97a3k.jpg

This is the Wireframe view.

IVXyXsNLXfXigtuIVY94ST5Ek6j86Cxyk41KOGKd.jpg

You stated

"The geometry should be based on human anatomy, because this is way more efficient than relying on multiple levels of subdivisions and "HD" morphs."

Where is this elaborate topology you mentioned in the Genesis 9 base? Well, there isn't any, because you don't actually need that in any modern 3D program.....

First you mention how it has to be just as good as Genesis 9, and then define how it has to be nothing like Genesis 9. Which is it? Can it be both at the same time?

How is it that Genesis 9 is a tube mesh modeled person that is obviously not a lidar scan of anyone and where the topology doesn't follow anything on a human body. And you go from just as capable, to nothing like it as a requirement? I am confused and not following your line of thought.

If you browse the current Daz catalog you see morph and texture sets to go on to the Genesis 9 base character that does not fit any of your requirements.... Not a single one.... So it obviously really doesn't matter what the base actually is. 

From what you said you would use, and then never use Genesis 9, because it is a horrible base figure that has terrible topology and is not a lidar scan of a real person...... But then you praise the morph and texture sets for a base you outlined as completely inferior. Proving the point that the base figure means virtually nothing to the final output. 

You baffle me Joe, you really do.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:06 AM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:07 AM

I already stated that I don't like Genesis 9 in my previous post. AT ALL.

But yes, if you throw enough iterations of subdivision at a mesh, then even the simplest mesh geometry can be photorealistic.

If you subdivide Posette 3, 4 or maybe 5 times, you can make her 100% photorealistic without problems.

Provided you have the sculpting skills or even better a LIDAR morph of a real human to match her to.

But I very much prefer the "properly edgelooped geometry plus ONE iteration of subdivision plus a proper displacement map" way of doing things.

Because this is much more robust and "hobbyist user" friendly than the "high tech" way that Genesis 9 is set up.

STILL....

Genesis 9 gives easily photorealistic results. (In the right hands using the right tech, of course). 

But it is what new users see when they are browsing the DAZ catalog, and so it is the standard every Poser figure is measured against.

ANY new Poser figure that isn't AT LEAST as good (or better) than the  latest DAZ figures are, is a complete FAILURE in my book

It's 2023, and if that figure doesn't look like an actual human right out of the box, when what's the point?

Sorry, but the 3D world is merciless.

There are way to many options out there currently to think you could get by with just a little nip and tuck.

99% of the character morphs sold here are already Genesis 8 and 9.

Does really someone of the PTB seriously think that another iteration of LF (or Dawn or whatever) might change that?

Or is it that the owners of Poser have already given up?

What is the point?

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:14 AM

To clarify...

I'm not saying a new Poser figure should be LIKE Genesis 9.

I'm saying that it should be AS REALISTIC AS Genesis 9.

That's a big difference.

The problem is that, while Poser ALREADY has both the technology as well as suitable meshes to pull it off, it looks like its owners are unwilling (or unable?) to invest the money necessary to bring it all together.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 4:05 AM

And again, Genesis 9 does not look like any person I have ever seen out of the box.

Yet you mentioned looking at the catalog of morphs and textures to make it look far more realistic than the base, yet again. 

You inadvertently proved the point that the base doesn't matter at all, while trying to claim that it actually does.....

You seem to be missing that point entirely....

qaz ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 5:18 AM

No doubt in 12 months we'll be looking at AI generated figures.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 5:47 AM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 5:49 AM

It's hilarious to me how this talk went in a tangent about how LF2 isn't good because edge loops when the Poser Pulse doesn't even show anything about her topology...

- - - - - - 

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 10:17 AM

For me the hilarity (in a sad way) is how this is 2023 yet people are showing figures that are more than 10 years old as the epitome of how a figure should be done *in 2023*, for a program that aims at the hobbyist artist *in 2023* on a market that is rapidly being taken over by AI and thus is under direct thread of simply dying out.

Without getting into this fight ::sidesteps gracefully::, I am very curious for when the new LF version and Dawn 2.0 comes out, to see when the male versions will be released. Without any bashing, I sincerely believe LH has room for improvement.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 11:26 AM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 11:26 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity

Yes, it actually IS hillarious that I have to use a 20+ year old figure (V3 was released in December 2002) to demonstrate what Poser is actually capeable of.

aBAX20yNRlMwFCKwEaf05mmj7fijT7OYrxcula5l.jpg

(Everything sculpted INSIDE Poser. And, yeah, that IS a shameless copy of Rikishi. Actually one of the best independent Poser figures ever!)

H5MThJFRQqKNK6BaJX655rOGXjIZoId3fDLc1QJs.jpg

(Everything rigged INSIDE Poser with only ONE set of JCM's for the armpits. Now go open LaFemme and count how many JCMs she has while she's still bending like a wet towel)

J4tsnYsW7VAUu50YoV5fdp2S81ereps2afAVAuEI.jpg

BTW, did I mention that these demo renders are already 10yrs old themselves?

So more than enough time for the owners of Poser to develop a better figure, one should think.

And yet...

Anyway, it's not just Poser vs DAZ anymore.

Now there's dozends of "Human Creator" apps out there that can easily do what Poser once could.

Only better.

Now AI can even create a photorealistic 3D human from a single photo and rigging is pretty much one click.

Poser already IS completely obsolete, relegated to a niche market.

So the LEAST it could do is provide its loyal users with a set of out of the box realistic looking human figures.

But it seems more important to protect the feelings of certain "Poser artists" than analyzing the problem and find a proper solution.

Problem is, "feelings" won't sell new copys of Poser.

Good products do.

But, hey, as long as you manage to convince yourself that people like me are just hateful, spiteful meanies, too ignorant to recognize LF's greatness, everything should be A-OK, right?

And the fact that 99% of the product moved on this website is for G8 and G9 instead of LF, surely is because of a poorly designed advertising algorithm.

And has nothing to do with the actual quality of the products offered.

Right?

Right!

Jeez, this all has become such a f*cking joke...

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 11:47 AM

Joe, don't take this as an insult but: everything you've shown here looks ugly to me. 

Funny how personal taste is, right?

And I'm not even saying that as someone who is deeply involved with the creation of LF2. I'm saying this as someone who's been using LF for years. Who used Dawn before that. And Antonia. Those three look better for me than all the images you've shown here.

The thing is that people like you get angry when your personal tastes don't get personally catered to, and then declare that it'll be the death of Poser when they don't.

You didn't like what you saw from LF2? That's fine, just keep using what you've been using. You, alone, don't define the future of any software.

(And I don't even think you're "hateful, spiteful meanie". I just think you're pretty self-centered.)

- - - - - - 

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 11:51 AM
Rhia474 posted at 10:17 AM Sat, 22 July 2023 - #4470822

For me the hilarity (in a sad way) is how this is 2023 yet people are showing figures that are more than 10 years old as the epitome of how a figure should be done *in 2023*, for a program that aims at the hobbyist artist *in 2023* on a market that is rapidly being taken over by AI and thus is under direct thread of simply dying out.

Without getting into this fight ::sidesteps gracefully::, I am very curious for when the new LF version and Dawn 2.0 comes out, to see when the male versions will be released. Without any bashing, I sincerely believe LH has room for improvement.

Me too Rae!  

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

DownTown37 ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 11:52 AM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 11:55 AM

Not that I think it is wrong making new releases upgrading older versions, but it would of been better Giving it a new Name LF LH seem to be Cursed for Poser For allot of Creators and users hearing the name La Femme already makes them searching for things to rant about , Nothing you will be able to change about that no matter How many Versions you release ! Keep the Name Keep the Curse !  If a name in RL gets a bad reputation you will never be able to change it by just adding a number behind it  giving it a better reputation. So users Creators might just start thinking that someone is trying to Milk a Cow down to the last drop

Some do not care about it they take what they get an fix the stuff for there preferences but these you can count on one hand.

You could of called her just "Amunet" or " Venus " names that already symbolize beauty and you would have more success , less ranting as the name is beauty " La Femme " went just wrong somehow.  Victoria ----> Victory  guess this tells it all why it had so much success ! Genesis -----> The coming into being of something; the origin. The name is the success not the model ! So most will pick a choice with whom they wanna play with and I am really not sure if La Femme  gives enough sympathy to end up as a famous brand name.  

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 12:51 PM

As I see it:

With the odd exception of the Generation 4 DAZ figures, V4, M4, K4.  Who do tend to be generic and can be morphed into characters that no longer resemble the original figure ... MOST Poser figures either native or external have a "personality" built into the mesh.  This gives us a core to build on.  This is NOT a bad thing we have variety with all these fegures we have available to us.  

I love LF/LH's personality.  They are versatile and kicky.  I love working with them and their bend quality to me is excellent. I'm jazzed over the release of LF2 and looking forward to her.  Please people.  IF you love Poser, let's not trash and gripe over something we haven't even used yet. Let's go into this with a positive attitude.  

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 1:16 PM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 1:23 PM
DownTown37 posted at 11:52 AM Sat, 22 July 2023 - #4470838

Not that I think it is wrong making new releases upgrading older versions, but it would of been better Giving it a new Name LF LH seem to be Cursed for Poser For allot of Creators and users hearing the name La Femme already makes them searching for things to rant about , Nothing you will be able to change about that no matter How many Versions you release ! Keep the Name Keep the Curse !  If a name in RL gets a bad reputation you will never be able to change it by just adding a number behind it  giving it a better reputation. So users Creators might just start thinking that someone is trying to Milk a Cow down to the last drop

Some do not care about it they take what they get an fix the stuff for there preferences but these you can count on one hand.

You could of called her just "Amunet" or " Venus " names that already symbolize beauty and you would have more success , less ranting as the name is beauty " La Femme " went just wrong somehow.  Victoria ----> Victory  guess this tells it all why it had so much success ! Genesis -----> The coming into being of something; the origin. The name is the success not the model ! So most will pick a choice with whom they wanna play with and I am really not sure if La Femme  gives enough sympathy to end up as a famous brand name.  

So why is Genesis still called the Genesis base? Are they milking that name too?

Maybe it is because the part of the program that controls it, is the Genesis System? What a concept.......

Why not a girls name, or a unisex name, or a dogs name for that matter..... Why didn't they stick with Millennium? 

Could is be that it doesn't really matter what the base name is because you name the morph sets? 

Victoria is nothing more than a named morph now, that doesn't look anything like the previous ones.... Milking it a bit?

Victoria is no longer a base figure name, and has not been since Victoria for Genesis 1 was released.

You rarely see any Victoria morph in a render, odd I know.... You see an unmorphed base figure, even less.

If you don't want to use La Femme, then don't. 

If you don't want to support her, then don't.

If you have never used her, stop judging what you know nothing about.

And very few people have access to La Femme 2, so you obviously have never used it.

LaFemme (first version) is currently the most supported Poser figure, in years, and possibly ever.

Why would you stop using the name now? No other Poser figure (that comes with Poser) has even come close

Didn't you just mention using a brand name that is succeeding?

Oh wait, let me guess, you had no idea that LaFemme was actually succeeding....

DownTown37 ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 2:43 PM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 2:45 PM

As I said I do not have any Problems with La Femme, Guess the problem rather is laying on the Admirer of La Femme, Like you say She is the best, had the best sales, she beaten Victoria, Victoria was a total fail and La Femme saved poser.  No other Poser figure (that comes with Poser) has even come close !

Actually I do not see any reason to argue with fanatic La Femme Admirers that take any suggestions as affront any critique gets aggressive reactions, guess this is also a very big problem about La Femme. like Extremists, Poser equal La Femme and nothing else, not a very motivating base for Creators at all ....

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 2:49 PM

She's not the best. I've spent 2 years saying she's not the best, just that she's good. But I guess that being contrary to the "OMG THE WORST FIGURE EVER" angry mob means I'm a blind fanatic. /shrug

The only thing we have said here is that people who don't like her are free to use something else. Is that fanatism? Wow.

(And honestly, "will fail because of the name" is bound to bring kneejerk reactions.)

- - - - - - 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:03 PM
Site Admin
This thread is getting off-topic. It is to discuss La femme and now La femme 2. It is not to promote other figures. If you want to promote a figure you created, start a new thread. If you want to discuss an existing figure, start a thread for that.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:07 PM · edited Sat, 22 July 2023 at 3:08 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

Well, it is time to lock this thread now... 

It has evolved into labeling people extremists and such...

Glad to see your back, you gave it away already......

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.