Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

stallion opened this issue on Jan 29, 2019 ยท 1258 posts

shvrdavid posted Sat, 22 July 2023 at 2:14 AM

JoePublic posted at 12:10 AM Sat, 22 July 2023 - #4470794

My quality standards are easy to explain:

The newest Poser figure needs to be capeable to render OUT OF THE BOX just as realistically as Genesis 8 or 9 does.

Just as capable as Genesis out of the box? What does that even mean?

This is Genesis 9, right out of the box. And it does not fit any of your criteria.... 

This is the Wireframe view.

You stated

"The geometry should be based on human anatomy, because this is way more efficient than relying on multiple levels of subdivisions and "HD" morphs."

Where is this elaborate topology you mentioned in the Genesis 9 base? Well, there isn't any, because you don't actually need that in any modern 3D program.....

First you mention how it has to be just as good as Genesis 9, and then define how it has to be nothing like Genesis 9. Which is it? Can it be both at the same time?

How is it that Genesis 9 is a tube mesh modeled person that is obviously not a lidar scan of anyone and where the topology doesn't follow anything on a human body. And you go from just as capable, to nothing like it as a requirement? I am confused and not following your line of thought.

If you browse the current Daz catalog you see morph and texture sets to go on to the Genesis 9 base character that does not fit any of your requirements.... Not a single one.... So it obviously really doesn't matter what the base actually is. 

From what you said you would use, and then never use Genesis 9, because it is a horrible base figure that has terrible topology and is not a lidar scan of a real person...... But then you praise the morph and texture sets for a base you outlined as completely inferior. Proving the point that the base figure means virtually nothing to the final output. 

You baffle me Joe, you really do.....

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->