Tue, May 14, 5:50 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 14 4:59 pm)

Subject: Super Hero search

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 9:24 PM

I never noticed his hands, although I was going to beef them up for the Frank Miller Dark Knight. I was going to match that ZBRush rendering.

@JoeQuick: I am still stunned at how versatile Apollo really is. You were able to do Black Atom AND Sinestro. Incredible. I will take a look at your ShareCG stuff here in a bit. I just woke up thanks to my dog, who thinks that if he's awake everyone should be. 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 9:37 PM

Ok, I'm officially impressed. Wolverine, The Flash, Black Atom, Sinestro, Batman, Green Lantern... you have a lot of the superheroes I have either made or am making. But I am using different figures until now. I really had no idea that Apollo was so versatile. He's been in my runtime for a couple years now and I just ignored him. I really should spend a day dialing and saving figures. Wow.

But right now, I have him set for my dark knight. And it didn't take a whole lot to get him there. I am still going to beef up the hands, and I will probably put his package back and just work around it. 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:35 AM

@rokket.  The batman outfit was going okay.  You just needed to make the outfit go all the way up to his neck and the cowl would naturally cover it.  No exposed area in case the joker threw a fish at him.  

I never noticed Apollo had such dainty hands until now.  He does!

@joequick.  You are just a godsend for all heroes.  And more importantly to all those who want to render heroes.  The idea of Black Adam serving drinks was just too much!  I felt like I was at Planet Krypton eating lunch!  Thanks for stopping by Joe! Please pull out a chair, sit a spell and dispense wisdom.  I, for one will listen and learn.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:49 AM

I only made that one to experiment with textures before I got started on the real deal. I shrunk his package down to manageable/realistic and I am working on the new suit now. I have it all the way to where I am going to start creating the neck. Yeah, all the way up. I will model the cowl over it after.

The last one looked like it did because I did the cowl first to test Apollo out for how well he translates the character. I should have deleted it as soon as I figured out he would work, but instead I just kept playing with it. Silly me. 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:45 AM · edited Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:47 AM

I've only made a few simple conformers (tongues etc.), and never any clothing in a conventional sense, but my understanding is that you would want to work with a stripped out version of the .cr2 to donor the rig. How are you going to transfer Apollo's rig without including alot of unecessary .cr2 baggage? And if Apollo's junk is getting in the way why don't you just turn it off and model accordingly?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 3:56 AM

Have you looked at Apollo's rig in the set up room? kinda busy with other Poser tasks right now but I think he may have some body handles. Might want to get the lay of the land and create a stripped out blank with extraneous actors, materials, morphs (hidden too, lot of erc), and IK chains deleted. Better yet take a look at some of his existing clothing items for fair warning. Is there a dev rig in your installation?

Ok, shutting up now.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 9:46 AM

If I hide his genitals and then export the mesh, it leaves a huge hole where they should have gone and makes it hard (no pun) to get the clothing right. As an example, I have a completed mesh that I am throwing out right now because the crotch is several Poser inches too low.

I usually use a cr2 editor with a donor rig, so stripping one out before hand is unnecessary for me. It's just as easy to do it after the fact, and I will have deleted anything I don't need in the setup room.

I haven't looked at Apollo's rig, but I suppose I better, so I can decide yea or nay on using him. If it's something beyond my meager skills I won't touch it. At least not yet.

Oh, and just for kicks: I went and saw the new Fantastic 4. Not so fantastic. My two cents. 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:31 PM

Well, shoot! It looks like my laptop is downloading Winderz 10. I looked around and I guess I left my DVD of Poser 9 on the ship, so if this thing forces me to install it when its done I will be without Poser for about 3 weeks. Crap. Wonder what possessed me to leave that behind?

On the other hand, I could upgrade to Poser 10 for about $50. I wonder if I have time to download it? 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 1:33 PM

I have everything else backed up. All my important stuff is on an external HDD. I just forgot to bring home that DVD...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 4:03 PM

Woohoooo! Bought myself a couple days. Going to talk to the better half and see about the side grade to Poser 10. Unless one of you is my rich uncle and can give me the $300 to get Poser Pro 2014...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 August 2015 at 11:57 PM

Downloading Poser 10 as we speak. I guess I will be spending the day doing that in anticipation of Windows 10. Huh, Windows 10, Poser 10; there's a correlation there.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 2:32 AM

@quietrob:

Remember discussing Superman's shield becoming a weapon?

Guess which list that made?

http://io9.com/the-50-most-cringe-worthy-moments-in-comic-book-movie-h-1722523393 

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 8:21 AM · edited Fri, 07 August 2015 at 8:21 AM

I read the article and cringed at the some of the moments.  They turned Batman into a joke (as did the TV series), they screwed up the Superman franchise so badly it had to be rebooted (though I rather enjoyed Superman Returns).  I always shake my head.  It's the Fountainhead all over again.  Everyone wants a little piece rather than just letting the time honored stories entertain without rewriting Canon.  Kryptonians can't do what they did in the early superman movies and I'm me and every other real fan of the comics just narrowed our eyes and hoped we find the writers alone in an alley so we could educate them as to what is canon and what is not.

Are you really going to upgrade to Windows 10 as well?  Let us know if it's worth the free price or whether we should sit and wait.  I don't like being an uncompensated beta tester.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 8:40 AM

I am still debating. I gave myself two days to think about it. I downloaded and installed Poser 10, so now I have gamma correction and a few other toys. I have to really get into the program though, because there are things that are supposed to be in here (and I guess the online tutorials will tell) that I want to do something with.

I am doing my first render. I have Roxie loaded and I am playing with her in the face room. I won't post it, at least not in here.

Once I decide if I am actually going to upgrade to Windows 10, I will let you know how it works. I am still on the fence at the moment. 

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 10:23 AM

I said to hell with it and did it. Funny... I didn't have to re-install any software. It's all there. Everything. Kind of feel that I wasted $50 doing the P10 upgrade, but not really. I have wanted to get it, this was just a good excuse to tell the wife I needed it. I won't tell her how Windows 10 installed and left my software intact. And now I have a backup copy of EVERYTHING!!!

I haven't really done anything in Poser since I upgraded, so the jury is still out on that. I will let you know as soon as I do.

I am also going to open Wings and see about doing a model in there.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 11:35 AM

Wings doesn't seem to work so well in Windows 10. Maybe I have to change some settings, I don't know. But I will keep playing with this OS until I get comfortable with it. It didn't take but a couple hours for me to get used to 7 after XP...

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 12:49 PM

I just upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 last night.  Looks very good.  Everything seems to be working fine.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 12:55 PM

Are you using Wings3D? That one seems to be an issue with the middle mouse button. I may have to just configure it, but the aspect is off a bit too. So far, everything else seems to be working ok. I have to get used to the layout and where to find things, but I didn't learn Windows 7 overnight after XP either, so I am not disappointed. Yet.

I am going to see if I can update my mouse driver and maybe tweak it. The mouse cost me $60, it better work right.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 1:11 PM

Crap. Yeah, Wings isn't working right at all.

I did say it was time to learn Blender. Looks like that's what is going to happen now. No more figure creation or costumes until I learn to model in Blender.

See you all in about 2 years! (kidding.... I think)

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 2:23 PM

How do I adjust my screen so that everything fits on there the way it should?

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 2:45 PM

Never mind. I figured it out! Thanks anyway.

Yeah, so far, no issues. I don't hate it. I am starting to learn my way around, and as soon as I am comfortable, look out.

Going to give Wings one more shot, and if it doesn't work, I am going to have to uninstall it and start learning Blender. I hate to do that, because Wings is what I learned with, but sometimes you have to let go in order to fly...

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 6:14 PM

I have spiffy quick machine.  It's old but nimble.  Suddenly my system is lagging.  Normally that happens when Windows wants to install updates.  I'm thinking it wants to install Windows 10.  So far it looks about 70/30 in favor of upgrading.  I discount those people who say, "Linux Linux Linux".  I don't go against the wind.  I only care if it eliminates resource hogging so I can Poser smoothly and to make sure ALL of my programs work properly.  I don't care about solitaire but losing my DVD player?  C'mon man!

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 9:59 PM

Funny you should mention losing the DVD player. The one in my laptop has been dead for a few years now. Thank God my USB ports all still work. I had to buy an external DVD player. I don't even use it that often, but it makes it nice for when I do.

And before the upgrade I had won nearly 1,700 games of Free Cell with no losses....

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 10:06 PM

Oh yeah, Wings is working like it should too. The problem was all in the screen resolution. It was zoomed in to like 125% so everything was compacted and weird looking, and it was causing Wings to behave weird. All fixed now. In another month I won't even be able to tell the difference.

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 07 August 2015 at 10:50 PM

@quietrob:

What version of Poser are you using? I just got to thinking about this, and I now have 2 versions on my laptop (9 is about to go away, I am thinking), and if I was going to do a cloth sim tutorial, the technique should be the same across the board, but I don't know about versions older than 8.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 3:59 AM

I have Pro 2014.  That cloth room should be the same for any version till 2014 or when Poser 11 comes out next year.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 4:00 AM

You also have a fitting room, which 10 doesn't have. One last question: Microsoft Office? Can you view a power point?

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 7:26 AM

Yes.  Yes I do have Microsoft Office and yes I can view powerpoint.

The fitting room takes a lot of practice.  It's nothing like DAZ's autofit.  However, the term is misleading.  DAZ's autofit only works with the proper clothing for the proper figure.  Supposedly the fitting lets you fit any piece of clothing to any figure.  I've had some success with other programs to aide me in this.  I suspect I would've saved a lot of cash had I learned to do it properly like you.

The Cloth room...my success is extremely limited (like no success at all).  Why someone would make a tutorial regarding genitals and the cloth room as an example...well never mind that.  Hopefully I'll be able to learn soon.  As always, no rush, take your time, make sure you want to do it cuz when you do, it will fall like new snow at the beginning of winter.

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 7:37 AM

Ok, well I am fighting with a render that doesn't like me. So once it knocks me on my can again, I'll close it and get started on that tutorial. It's not as hard as it seems. Hell, if I can get it, anyone can.

Just keep in mind that what I am going to show you is not the bible. There are other ways to skin this cat, and you may not get the desired results the first time out. This cape I made is fairly large, and I had to make Poser think it was silk in order to get it to play nice. I will show all that.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 8:00 AM

I can dig that.  Render composition is a big deal.  While I won't assume anything regarding whether I can get this tutorial, I'll do my best.  I am motivated which is the biggest path to success that I can think of.

You to tell it it that it was silk?  I'm already lost.

quietrob ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 8:02 AM

Malwarebytes was giving away a free trial for the anti malware software.  I love the software except that it makes my system slow to a crawl when surfing.  Sadly I had to delete it before the trial was over.  Pity.  I was digging it!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 08 August 2015 at 8:41 AM

I told Poser the cape was silk:

There are settings in the cloth room that tell it how it should treat each cloth sim. I will include a small list of materials and their settings in the tutorial.

adh3d ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 5:35 PM

@quietrob  Hi, thank you, the entie figure is 38336 polys, more or less the same polys that adman 1.

About the roman outfits, I have now in my store for Apollo, I am still, as rokket said, making adman 2, I think it could be made first days of september, I am now rigging it.

The figure will have two versions, a free version that will have  more or less the options, morphs ... that adman 1 has now and a cheap commercial version that will be a big pack with many "great"  and different things ;).

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 11 August 2015 at 10:37 PM

Sign me up for the cheap commercial version!

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 12:01 AM

Thank you !! :)

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 3:29 AM

No, thank you for all your marvelous work!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 12 August 2015 at 10:30 PM · edited Wed, 12 August 2015 at 10:31 PM

Well, the MOS suit is doing pretty good. 81 downloads in 17 days. I wonder how well it would do if there was a price tag on it, though?

And for comparison, my massage table had more than 81 downloads its first day. It has almost 1,000 now. 

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?artist

Take a look. Sort it by Top Downloads and see what is going on there. 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:34 AM · edited Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:35 AM

Needs A LOT of work, but it is promising...

file_7f6ffaa6bb0b408017b62254211691b5.pn 

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 10:39 AM

Ohmigod!  It's her!  My favorite adolescent super heroine!  Oh I have plans for her.  What figure is that?  I know you have V4 but SM figures are your favorite figures to design for.

Saturn Girl, have you truly returned?

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:03 AM

Saturn Girl, so S4. I am going to take it back to the drawing board though, it's not turning out quite like I had hoped. Glad you approve.

file_140f6969d5213fd0ece03148e62e461e.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:05 AM

I figured Stephanie would make a good Saturn Girl so I went for it. She did pretty good as Super Girl, so why not?

I am going to change some things around with this costume, though. Make it look a lot more like that image you posted a few dozen pages back. 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 1:13 PM

This one is too conforming to the body shape.  Wouldn't be easier to rig for V4, then add the S4 morph to it?

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 3:42 PM

I rigged this one for her default body shape, then I added in some morphs and did the cloth sim going from default to what you see here.

I am going to remodel it. I am just not sure how I am going to get the final product. 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:17 PM

And I don't know how to add morphs to the suit, so going from V4 to S4 would be a real challenge for me.

On the other hand, why stay in a comfort zone?

I might try that after all. Or I could just model it for the morphed body and include those settings in the package.

I don't know yet. I have to sleep in it. 

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 4:21 PM

I might just do a Stephanie with all the morphs built in to give her the standard comic book body and then work from there. I would have to add those settings into the read me file I guess.

quietrob ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:02 PM · edited Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:08 PM

I have Morph Manager by Dimension 3D.  It can put morphs into any clothing for any figure.  Of course you could use the transfer morph utility built right into Poser.  I think that would work.  V4 and S4 are very similar is my understanding.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 August 2015 at 11:11 PM

They are the same mesh. S4 is a V4 morph! She's just a petite version of V4.

I have Poser 10, so I don't think I have the morph transfer utility (If I do, someone show me where it is). Ideally I'd like to find a free morph for V4 that has the female comic character look to it. I don't have the patience to sit there and dial it in to her. I am not a fan of making clothing for the V/S/A (insert number) characters as it is because of the funky arm bends in their zeroed out state. Luckily, the Saturn Girl outfit we are creating here doesn't have any sleeves ;) 

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 3:11 AM

If you make the mesh, I'll install the ++ morphs.  I totally understand where you are coming from though.  Gimme a sec and I'll check.

quietrob ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 3:21 AM

Try this.  I'm not sure if you have as I don't have Poser 10 but I think you might have this function.  If not, we can go with plan b

file_3988c7f88ebcb58c6ce932b957b6f332.jp

rokket ( ) posted Fri, 14 August 2015 at 3:23 AM · edited Fri, 14 August 2015 at 3:25 AM

There are a lot of variations on this costume. Besides the others you posted, I found these. The only thing I found to be true for all those costumes was the Saturn shape and the colors of her costume and hair were consistent. As much as I want to make that 70's era bathing suit, I may go with a variation on a theme and come up with my own. I will give it one more honest try, and then may switch to something along these lines. But I won't go back as far as her original suit.

file_eecca5b6365d9607ee5a9d336962c534.jp 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.