Tue, May 14, 4:28 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 13 5:31 pm)

Subject: Super Hero search

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 03 August 2015 at 8:07 AM

I'll put one together right now.  Maybe an hours time to compose and render at super low settings.  Looks really good in pencil sketch.  Try it!  It's fun! 

Man, if you could add some stubble, he'd look so raw.  He wouldn't be the pretty boy Batman of cartoon series.  He'd be the gun-toting batman you are thinking of.  Considering the single thing Supes and Bats truly have in common, that being neither wants to see anyone die, it's a darker gritty man we're talking about.  I have a soapbox ready to stand on but I'll save it for another day.

In the meantime, armor and M4 not withstanding, Apollo looks pretty good!  The length of the ears would actually work well here.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 03 August 2015 at 8:08 AM

By the way, it takes me a half hour in hexagon to create a crate.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 03 August 2015 at 8:35 AM

I think Apollo has a stubble MAT in there somewhere. I just have to figure out how to use it. I almost want to run off and start modeling right now. But I know I should wait until I can start fresh and have no distractions. And I have a month to finish it, so why rush?

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 03 August 2015 at 8:47 AM · edited Mon, 03 August 2015 at 8:49 AM

You know what I say.  Never rush.  If it takes two months so be it.  I can't imagine the distractions you have away from home and when everyone is home, life is a constant distraction.  Yet hat fun would life be without home distractions and benefits?  By the way I downloaded the newest textures.  As soon as I seeing which one I like I'll render and ink cuz that's just my style.  Are you working from a laptop?  Did you get my cape tutorial request?  It should be with those links I sent you.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 03 August 2015 at 9:02 AM

I did get your tutorial request, and that's the other reason why this project is going to take a few days before it gets started. When I made the original offer of a tutorial, I was at work and had access to Microsoft Office, so I could have made a power point. Now I have to find decent video software and do it that way.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 03 August 2015 at 9:39 AM

This is as stubble as it gets, unfortunately. Maybe if someone who knew how could create a stubble mask. He has some in the materials room, but every time I attempt to apply them weird things happen.

file_013d407166ec4fa56eb1e1f8cbe183b9.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 12:32 PM

I can't get over the feeling that Apollo as Batman isn't right. He looks like a big red neck in a Batman costume and not like I want him to look at all. I am flushing this for now.

Will have a surprise posted here in an hour or so... 

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 1:01 PM

I find that inspiration takes me a lot further than deadlines do. I forced myself to do the Batman. It failed. I wanted to do this. I am not too keen on the skirt, but the rest of it works.

file_1afa34a7f984eeabdbb0a7d494132ee5.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 1:02 PM

And yes, that is Stephanie petite. I decided to try out that V4 bundle I downloaded. I am still trying to get used to everything I have to do to make them work, but I will figure it out.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 1:20 PM

Nice costume.  Stephanie 4 is a good fit for the character.  Now, IIRC, S4 is not referred to as Stephanie Petite; that name belongs to the generation 3 DAZ model.  Just trying to avoid confusion. But I could be wrong.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 1:34 PM

Nah, I am probably wrong. Just started working with her today. I get all those number names wrong anyhow.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 1:36 PM

All I know is she is a V4 morph and I have to use all these injections before I start working with her. Am I making a 3D scene or visiting a doctor?

elena_c ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 2:54 PM

Sorry to butt in like this, but don't give up on Apollo just yet. With a bit of fiddling, he can be made to look like this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2621108&user_id=510426&np&np

or like this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1497365&user_id=510426&np&np

or even like this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1954152&user_id=510426&np&np

Most versatile male figure I ever worked with, and a crying shame that he never received his promised update. Not without his problems, but a lack of morphs isn't one of them.

goes back to lurking

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 10:41 PM

I see you got a Tony Stark out of him. I am trying to get a 50 - 60 year old Bruce Wayne out of him. I need to age him and give his beard a 3 day growth. Once I achieve that, I will proceed.

Your work is remarkable. You'd never know those 3 guys were all from the same base. 

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 04 August 2015 at 10:46 PM

You kind of need to look under the cowl to see what I am going for, but this is it.

file_6c4b761a28b734fe93831e3fb400ce87.jp 

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:09 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I read the post about adman, I want to share with everybody I am making the adman v2, and his default shape would be great for a super hero project, I think.

A quick render without textures of the new adman 2.

pers700.png

adh3d website

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:34 AM

Is Adman 2 going to come in standard and weightmapped like 1?

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:47 AM

Very nice! I liked the scruffy beard, but his face was just a bit too angular. Adman 2 does look good for superhero creation. As long as he still has the scruffy beard!

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 1:39 AM

Sorry to butt in like this, but don't give up on Apollo just yet. With a bit of fiddling, he can be made to look like this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2621108&user_id=510426&np&np

or like this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1497365&user_id=510426&np&np

or even like this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1954152&user_id=510426&np&np

Most versatile male figure I ever worked with, and a crying shame that he never received his promised update. Not without his problems, but a lack of morphs isn't one of them.

goes back to lurking

As I wrote in another thread.  I love different figures.  It's a pity that they don't recieve the support that the standard figures get.  I learned a long time ago you can't fight the man and win so even now I'm going with the man. It doesn't mean I won't use those other figures as I get a chance.  Most people go for as close to reality as they can get while I like rather cartoony figures that I can exaggerate and use for my comic.  I still like using those underused figures like Apollo, Peterbilt, Gramps as great background characters to break the monotony of using the same figure with the same build over and over again. @Elena C.  What a great use of Apollo.  I commented on one of your gallery and will go back after I make something for this thread.  I think after the "Update of Rendo 2015", it killed my ebot.  Please unlurk as you wish.  Your input was needed!!

@Rokket.  Inspiration will work over deadlines everytime.  You work faster and with more joy.  S4, aka Stephanie Petite 4, looks great in the Supergirl costume.  Is that your own design on every guy's favorite girl?  You want an older batman with stubble?  Difficult yet not undoable.  The issue for me is that goatee.  He may have stubble that goatee dominates his face as well as identifying him to criminals when he's not Batman. The only one I've seen have a goatee and get away with it was Green Arrow. Did Doctor Strange have one as well?

@adh3d.  I think your work is amazing!  Are they high or low poly relatively speaking.  Do you have a roman outfit for Adman 2?  I didn't see Adman 2 in your store.  Please post a link to him!  I, the OP thanks you.  I thank you all!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:16 AM

Adman 2 is still in development, I think.

Yeah, the goatee has to go away. I will look at Apollo's texture maps and see if there is something I am missing when I am attempting to load what looks like a facial hair transmap in his material collection. I may be able to fake it there.

I am going to work on both Adman and Apollo and see what I can do. I still want to use Adman, but maybe just not as Batman.

Is it me, or does he give off a Hal vibe to you? 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:41 AM

Do you have the !ScalpBeard.cr2 that uses the APM_BeardTrans.jpgs. The .cr2 might not be included with the basic installation of Apollo and is required.

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:43 AM

Shoot, let me check. I am probably missing a lot of things. I don't remember everything I got when I originally downloaded him. There was a lot on there I didn't know if I needed and didn't get.

BrB... 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:47 AM

I don't think I have it. I am going to have to find it.

As luck would have it, someone else started a thread asking about him. I will go see what I can see. 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 3:51 AM

IIRC, the !ScalpBeard1APM05 .cr2 only came with the RDNA version, similar to the skinsuit .cr2. 

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:00 AM

Those files are lost in time now AFAIK. Another words if you didn't get them during that time when Apollo was at RDNA you probably won't find them. Always thought it was strange that Anton did not include them with his site archived version. While the figure is free, the author was pretty strict about copyright and redistribution of his files.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:06 AM

Yeah, I don't have anything like that. But I did find some stuff that I didn't have before and I am downloading them now. Something called FDApollo, which has a scruffy beard looking texture in it. I guess I won't know until I get in in my runtime if it will work. Either way, I am going to have to see if I can make one. I put learning the materials room on my to-do list. Might as well start there.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:19 AM

Well, I have APMBeard transmaps, but no cr2. There are rsr files in there. I guess they are only image files?

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:55 AM

Yeah, they're the images. There's .rsr converters out there, here's one for windows. Haven't tested it, I use RSRConv for mac.

http://rsr-converter.software.informer.com

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 5:00 AM

I am not going to worry about converting them. I did find a scalpbeard obj file in the geometries.

I guess I'll have to see what I can do with what I have. I saw a really interesting face morph in the face room. Maybe I don't need to do too much more to make it work. 

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 8:55 AM

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=65416

This should be stubble for Apollo Max and two other figures.  Hope it helps!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 9:21 AM

I'll find out. Thanks! I didn't even think to look there!

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 9:23 AM

file_a4a042cf4fd6bfb47701cbc8a1653ada.pn 

file_85d8ce590ad8981ca2c8286f79f59954.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 9:24 AM

Getting close. I just have to make him MEANER.

And try that stubble out on the bald baby face above. 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 9:45 AM

what the heck is a .car file? That's what that stubble is. I don't even know where to install it...

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 10:06 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I just got a chill down my spine.

Nudity tagged for prudity. 

file_da4fb5c6e93e74d3df8527599fa62642.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 10:59 AM

oh yeah. Getting there big time.

file_bd4c9ab730f5513206b999ec0d90d1fb.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 11:28 AM

Final. I fixed the ears on this one. Going to rest for now and start on the suit tomorrow. Or tonight if I get too bored.

file_ec5decca5ed3d6b8079e2e7e7bacc9f2.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 11:30 AM

But how do I fix that gaping hole left by 'hiding' his junk? Going to make things interesting when it comes to that area.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 11:32 AM

Inspiration. Someone with some serious ZBrush talent went to work on this.

file_6cdd60ea0045eb7a6ec44c54d29ed402.jp 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 11:33 AM

I am NOT going to do the underwear on the outside thing. Nope. Not going to do it. Not me. Uh-uhhhh. No.

adh3d ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 12:04 PM

Hi, this is just the default shape, about  th head it will have many options to edit it.

The figure is in development yet, around one month or so to get finidhed I think.

The rigging will be weight mapping, I don't know if I'll do a "classic" rigging version.

adh3d website

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 1:00 PM

Weight mapping is good enough for me!

I can't wait to see what he can do. 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:41 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2015 at 2:43 PM

There is more wrong with this image than there is right. If you look you can tell. But at least now I have a benchmark and I know what I have to do to make this thing epic. I have to start with the suit instead of the cowl, and make the shield much larger. The cowl will be after the suit, gloves and boots. The cape will be last, and it will drape over his shoulders, but be able to fall forward in that iconic pose in the cloth room. I will start on this tomorrow. I may even export a full model with his package intact to see if I can model around it. Give the guy a small (?) touch of reality.

file_5ef059938ba799aaa845e1c2e8a762bd.pn 

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 4:53 PM

Just for the heck of it, can we see him with a scowl? Mehhh!  I think the cowl texture can be changed to make him grittier.  Do you think the Bat is too wide or is that your take on the outfit?  One thing about that Z brush model above.  Including the veins in the outfit is a stroke brush of genius.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 5:15 PM

This whole outfit is a throwaway, and this render shows you why. I never create things like this in the order I did this time. Always work from the inside out, bottom to top. But I did get a set of ears that I don't cringe at. And the bat is better on this one.

Tomorrow (it's 1:14am here) will be another day. I am going to see the Fantastic 4 and see what all the fuss is about. I have a feeling this movie was made just to get the property back into Marvel's hands. 

file_7f1de29e6da19d22b51c68001e7e0e54.pn 

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 5:17 PM

When I come home I will start another suit. Only after it is made and fitted to him will I start the cowl.

joequick ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 6:25 PM · edited Wed, 05 August 2015 at 6:33 PM

Apollo was my go to figure for a long time, I certainly preferred him to M4, and I have a few characters I've never been able to realize as effectively on any other figure.

file_84d9ee44e457ddef7f2c4f25dc8fa865.jpfile_5fd0b37cd7dbbb00f97ba6ce92bf5add.jpfile_da4fb5c6e93e74d3df8527599fa62642.jpfile_d1f491a404d6854880943e5c3cd9ca25.jp

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

joequick ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 6:32 PM

Here are a few ancient Apollo items I made when i was relatively new at this:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/44435/view/11/Poser/Fin-masked-Suit-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/45047/view/11/Poser/Shilo-Norman-Textures-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/44822/view/11/Poser/Base-Mask-II-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/44761/view/11/Poser/Classic-SciFi-Accessories-and-Texture-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/45281/view/11/Poser/Eyed-Headsock-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/50201/view/11/Poser/Top-and-Bolt-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/44743/view/11/Poser/Winged-Domino-Mask-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/44741/view/11/Poser/Classic-Domino-Mask-for-Apollo

http://www.sharecg.com/v/44656/view/11/Poser/Eared-Cowl-for-Apollo

@Daz3d
@ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 7:46 PM

Your quicksuits also include versions for AM if memory serves, have to look.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Wed, 05 August 2015 at 8:17 PM

I think one of the only problems with AM are the bizarrely tiny hands that he has. Easily fixed with the ads dials but I still see alot of renders of Apollo where people leave at default scale.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.