Sun, May 12, 11:41 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 10 9:48 pm)

Subject: What Are You Currently Working On? Share It Here!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2014 at 1:41 AM

file_507519.png

Showing Miki4 some love. Just having a hard time deciding which piece I am going to see to the finish...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2014 at 12:07 AM · edited Sun, 28 September 2014 at 12:13 AM

file_507545.jpg

IDL-active houses in progress for the neighborhood surrounding Tink's Cafe'.  Next time I have the big workstation *Cameron* powered up, I'm going to start saving buildings out and packing them up to post.  The entire playset will be too large for a single zip anyway, so I'll begin to post portions as they are finished.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

artisthos ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 3:01 PM · edited Wed, 01 October 2014 at 8:21 PM

I am working on an oil portrait. I make up the composition in Poser 7 and use it as a start replacing the figures with the real people. I want to eventually create models that look like the people. I always have trouble with the flesh poking through the clothes so I colored the mothers flesh. Using SydneyG2 and a baby.

[Mod note: Sorry but I've had to remove your image due to Renderosity's zero tolerance policy on child nudity of any form.]

722 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 3:39 PM

file_507659.jpg

Back view suite For Dawn

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2014 at 5:01 PM

file_507660.jpg

Got a little fed up with poser numpties, hence taking a short break from poserdom. But not 3d, for some digitally based putzing. So whats heres is a material test of sandpaper, filler and plaster on card, PVA, oh and sieved kitty litter! Also re-learning old skills/techniques and new stuff. 3d will be used to design things, which'll be 'printed' by various approaches onto stuff like art-board/wood etc. Then some of these materials and other stuff will be applied onto those objects.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Coleman ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2014 at 2:33 AM

An insect themed villainess. I think I'll make the hip strap buckles transparent and have to photoshop smooth out the belt holes in every shot... because the continuous smooth belt straps will then better resemble some kind of insect theme... dunno

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 05 October 2014 at 7:07 PM · edited Sun, 05 October 2014 at 7:11 PM

@artisthos:  That is what Poser was originally made for; P1 came with the wooden mannequin with the idea that you posed and rendered it to guide you in drawing or painting. 😄

Neat armor/mech work by 722, and formal wear by Letterworks! :thumbupboth:

Poser 12, in feet.  

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 10:33 AM

file_507782.jpg

Set the rotational origins for umpteen doors, stripped the geometry out of every prop, and now re-assembling the playset, from which I can save distributable props.

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2014 at 11:01 AM · edited Sat, 11 October 2014 at 11:12 AM

file_507783.jpg

The playset covers 1,430 times the area of the Poser ground plane.  So, how do you texture the asphalt at good resolution without huge memory burden?

I use two pairs of 512 pixel square tiling images (equal to a single 1024 pixel image in memory terms), and use two-stage scrambling to avoid obvious tiling artifact ("checkerboard", Moire pattern, etc).

To show what is happening, here those texture tiles have been replaced by red, blue, green, and yellow rectangles.  Notice that even the tile edges of different colors avoid lining up.  Two spot nodes are used, at two different scales, to determine which of the four tiles appears in a given area.  This enables texturing a massive set with good resolution at a modest cost in system memory burden.

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 11:03 AM

Got the geometries stripped out, re-assembled everything, saved out props with remotely-referenced geometries, composed nifty library thumbnails.  Haven't done any XMPs.  Shouldn't be long now.

library.

Poser 12, in feet.  

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2014 at 12:07 PM

You need one of those thirty foot signposts with Golden Arches or a BIG BOY on the top.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2014 at 12:10 PM · edited Wed, 15 October 2014 at 12:14 PM

P10's Barney2 would make a pretty good BigBoy.  Just need to re-texture his clothes to that absurd checkerboard pattern.

To whom it may concern, TinkerBell's Drive-in Cafe' is now posted. :biggrin:

cafe freebie posting

cafe.

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 1:17 PM · edited Sun, 19 October 2014 at 1:19 PM

file_507908.jpg

Got alternative signage built and textured.  Still need to strip geometries back out.

These are just previews.  The bottom one is a simple billboard prop surrounded by 3D extruded neon tubing, so that you can make your own transmap to put whatever you want onto the sign.

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 19 October 2014 at 1:23 PM · edited Sun, 19 October 2014 at 1:25 PM

file_507910.jpg

Somehow I put an old version of a coffee pot (it has a too-short handle) in the released playset, so I'll make an add-on pack with a new one.  It also has another carafe which has both "sitting" coffee and "pouring" coffee, with an articulated coffee stream to allow for fitting a doll's pose.  This is also just a preview.

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 21 October 2014 at 9:48 PM · edited Tue, 21 October 2014 at 9:49 PM

file_507967.jpg

Beginning to rough-in skate boots for Roxie, 'cause that's the way she rolls. 😉

Poser 12, in feet.  

AetherDream ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 12:22 PM

Looks like some nice projects going on in here.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

quietrob ( ) posted Wed, 22 October 2014 at 10:43 PM

Quote - Street wear for Dawn. Somewhere in the retopo stage.

I want that street wear!  When!  Where! Please!

Just to let you know it looks cool.  I totally want to texture it!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 12:40 AM · edited Thu, 23 October 2014 at 12:44 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_507986.jpg

hairs not mine,it's a temp ,just for looks.

W.I.P. game character.
Critics and comments welcomed.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Thu, 23 October 2014 at 5:27 PM · edited Thu, 23 October 2014 at 5:27 PM

file_508025.jpg

...progress on skate boot...

Poser 12, in feet.  

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2014 at 12:56 AM

looking good seachnasaigh  :)

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2014 at 9:20 AM

@ RorrKonn
Sitemail send for feedback.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2014 at 10:31 AM

file_508035.png

Well, my time in Texture Hell is completed, and this Denim Jacket and shorts set for Roxie is really coming together. Problem is, Poser found some artifacts in the boots that I can't see in Blender.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2014 at 3:19 PM

Quote - Well, my time in Texture Hell is completed, and this Denim Jacket and shorts set for Roxie is really coming together. Problem is, Poser found some artifacts in the boots that I can't see in Blender.

Glad ya getting the hang of texturing patterns,it's always eluded me.
I'm good at cheating with gimp n noise thou ,LOL.

ya out fit Looks good :)

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 24 October 2014 at 3:27 PM

Quote - @ RorrKonn
Sitemail send for feedback.

Thanks a lot for ya interest.

there's no need for emails and nda's.

the first mesh will be free anyways cause it's a learning exspreance for me
& I'm sure there be a few trillion errors ;)

& yes I'll need all the help I can get and then some :)

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2014 at 2:59 AM

file_508087.jpg

Still need to align the origin axes for the skates' trucks, and I think I might add heel cup and toe cap seams, but here are test renders of the rollerskates.  The boots are conforming, the toe poms are smart props, and the skates are composite props.  The skates' truck are articulated to facilitate poses with the foot tilted side-side (such as in a turn), and the wheels rotate for animation.

Poser 12, in feet.  

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2014 at 9:23 AM

rock n ROLL !!! :)

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2014 at 1:02 PM

file_508097.jpg

:lol:    Got it covered, RorrKonn! 👍

Poser 12, in feet.  

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2014 at 8:04 PM

You know, it kinda pisses me off how easily other people seem to be able to model things like boots and shoes. and for me it's like trying to dig a ten foot deep hole with a teaspoon. It can be done, but it's timeconsuming, frustrating and hard.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2014 at 11:51 PM · edited Tue, 28 October 2014 at 11:52 PM

Quote - You know, it kinda pisses me off how easily other people seem to be able to model things like boots and shoes. and for me it's like trying to dig a ten foot deep hole with a teaspoon. It can be done, but it's timeconsuming, frustrating and hard.

I can model anything in truespace or C4D.
I'm as fast as a rabbit.

I can't model with LW ,Blender ,XSI.
I'm slower then a snail.
It's like me trying to draw lefthanded ,I just can't.
there all killer app's that just don't click with me & modeling.
The rest of the tools are fine.
I can map in blender ,just fine.

but zBrush mapping is faster ,no controll but faster.
a wacom takes zBrush from a tricycle to a top fuel dragsters.

in real life we know the diffrence between
a cat caterpillar and a spoon.
a tricycle and a a top fuel dragsters.
cause some where a long the line we learned.

we half to learn what parts of CGI app's click with us
and what gives us nos a.k.a. nitrous oxide system.

the rule of thumb is if it takes you longer then 8 hours to
model ,map ,texture ,rig Vicky from a cube.
Then ya doing something the slow way. 

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 6:02 AM · edited Wed, 29 October 2014 at 6:04 AM

"I can model anything in truespace or C4D.
I'm as fast as a rabbit."

I'm shocked you can work so efficiently in trueSpace.  For me, from a design point of view, it has to rank as the worst 3D interface ever developed.  I think too many icons look too similar, they're too small, and they're illogically placed a lot of the time.  When it was being developed I always found myself wanting it because of how powerful it was, but could never bring myself to buy it because of the interface.

I've always had that sort of love/hate thing about trueSpace.

A lot of people get on really well with it though, and you're obviously one of them.  Good work on the figure, it would have taken me a million years to do that in trueSpace :cursing: :woot:

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 8:02 AM

Haha, Blender deserves a Sheldon Cooper award. :D

It's completley cryptic to me.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 9:50 AM

oh and my work flow is always changing. i'm always looking for a faster way.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 29 October 2014 at 4:41 PM · edited Wed, 29 October 2014 at 4:51 PM

truespace was my first cgi app .not until I got other cgi app's did I know any difference between ui's .
truespace and C4D ui is 100% customizable. I haven't used truespace in years ,not since I got C4D.
but box modeling is the old pre zBrush way of modeling. not that I don't still box model and then vector.
a real fast work flow right now is.
Wacom,mudbox ya can place loops where you want with mudbox remesher.
texture with quixel and or allegorithmic.

Thanks a lot for the spell checker  

pumeco ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 8:23 AM · edited Thu, 30 October 2014 at 8:24 AM

@Timberwolf
Yeah, but that's cause it's so powerful!

@RorrKonn
They just added a whole bunch of box modelling stuff to ZBrush according to the preview video for the next version.  Should be coo,l but I'm a bit disappointed there's still no dedicated system for doing clothes, that would be the icing on the cake.  That said, the box modelling tools are something I've wanted to see for a lonng time too, so that takes away the disappointment quite a bit!

@Shane
Not related, but as I can't start a new thread so I just wanted to point out that something is broken.

When I logged on yesterday, I came accross the new site for the first time and posted a thread (see attached).  It didn't show up though and I don't know why, I even made sure that "Poser" was selected from the new drop-down.

file_96da2f590cd7246bbde0051047b0d6f7.jp

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 30 October 2014 at 5:06 PM

life's to short for disappointments ,we just don't have time ,especially in CGI the slowest  Art medium of all times.
If zBrush can't deliver cloths fast enough .get Marvelous Designer or what ever app that can deliver right now ,today :)
and don't worry about it ,we'll leave the worrying to the priest. 

I always have fun playing with zBrush upgrades new toys :)
4R7 will be 64 bit YA !!!

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 5:09 AM · edited Fri, 31 October 2014 at 5:12 AM

@Seachnasaigh
For some reason, Roxie is still having difficulty with the site, but asked me to tell you to only allow the top-most title of those four choices in your image :-D

@RorrKonn
To be honest I doubt I'll even notice the 64-bit thing, I don't do complicated enough stuff, ZBrush even ran like greased lightning on my old single-core 2.5GHz Celeron with 1G or System RAM and just 128MB Graphics :-P

Marvelous Designer is very cool but I'm not renting software, and it's way too expensive for what it is :-(

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 31 October 2014 at 10:29 AM

i was wondering what irradiance does exactly?

i max mine render setting to a 100%, but i don't know what it does for my render exactly.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2014 at 11:57 PM · edited Sun, 02 November 2014 at 12:12 AM

Progress:  got the geometries stripped out of the CR2 & PP2 files.  Got the origin points and angles set.  Then I loaded the resulting library files into a scene, conformed the boots to Roxie, posed her, and then articulated the skate trucks to fit the floor.  The test renders have finished.  Everything seems to work "as advertised".  I'll get it packed up as time permits.  Try to limit yourself to a Z-rotation (side-side tilt) of the trucks/axles of not much beyond 20 degrees.

By the way, the revised dress and panty are more poly-efficient now and they cloth sim much quicker now.  So, an updated pack with the leafy dress, panty, and slippers will also be appearing in the freebies soon.

Argh!  I can't post a clickable thumbnail, nor can I set the display size of a linked picture?!?

rollerpixietest04rt_0060.png~original

Poser 12, in feet.  

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 12:00 AM

Pink texture option...

rollerpixietest08closeupPNK_0060.png~ori

Poser 12, in feet.  

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 2:02 AM

I want to go skating :)

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 3:20 PM

I don't know why shorts and skirts are giving me such trouble lately. Still though, I'm pretty happy with this render. And a few more tweaks, I think this outfit will be ready for Roxie.

file_a597e50502f5ff68e3e25b9114205d4a.jp

pumeco ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 3:51 PM

Her ass looks a bit weird, like you used a smooth brush between the buttocks!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 5:05 PM · edited Sun, 02 November 2014 at 5:09 PM

Didn't touch her. That's Roxie, straight out of the runtime. But now that you mention it, I would like to give Roxie a morph for a phatter ass. Even if the white Roxie doesn't want it, the Black Gwen Roxie does.

Hmm. Still no smilies. What up wit' dat? :)

JohnDoe641 ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2014 at 5:37 PM

Didn't touch her. That's Roxie, straight out of the runtime. But now that you mention it, I would like to give Roxie a morph for a phatter ass. Even if the white Roxie doesn't want it, the Black Gwen Roxie does.

Hmm. Still no smilies. What up wit' dat? :)

E, if you click on Roxie's hip and check out the L and R glute controls there's a scaling option for each side.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 8:16 AM · edited Mon, 03 November 2014 at 8:18 AM

I don't think there are any smilies implemented at all now, there's not a hint of them!

BTW, that pose, did you do that or is it a preset, and if it's a preset, do you know what it's called?  It reminds me of that pose women do in Bikini Competitions, the one where they face the back with their asses out and their arms beside them.  I've tried for hours just trying to find out the name of that pose and was unsuccessful.  I tried everything, even to the piont where I refered to Bikini Pose documentation to try to find out what each pose was 'officially" called by the competition judges, and still, nothing.

It's weird, the pose I'm talking about has to be the hottest of the lot, yet it does't seem to have a name!

FIrst time I thought I'd found it was "The Back Pose", but if you type "Bikini Back Pose" into Google Images, you only get a few like it - so it can't be the proper name for it.  Then, on a Bikini Fitness website I saw a reference guide which seemed to suggest it was called the "Fright Pose", but again, there's only a few so that can't be the proper name for it either.  I'll be honest, I only want to know the porper name of the pose so that I can search for women in that pose (it's hot as hell), but I'll be damned if I can find out what the proper name for the pose is.

It's not too far away from the pose you have here, the only difference is she would not have her head turned and her arms would be beside her, sometimes dangling loose, sometimes with her hands on her hips.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 8:28 AM

Sorry, that's just a quick pose I did for Roxie.

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 8:58 AM

Well at least you didn't tell me it was called "Pose 002" or something equally as informative :-P
I'll find out what it is ... one of these days ...

EClark1894 ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:02 PM

Actually, it's a variation on the famous "Seven Year Itch" pose Marilyn Monroe made famous. She stands over a subway grating and a passing train creates an updraft to blow up her dress.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:18 PM · edited Mon, 03 November 2014 at 12:19 PM

It looks sort of like Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch.  Oooops - beaten to the post!

Roxie's rollerskates are posted in the freebie gallery;  all I can do is list the address;  you'll need to copy & paste because the forum software hangs when I try to enter a link.  Also, the spellcheck doesn't recognize "rollerskate" - or "spellcheck"!  In any case, we'll just see what happens when the spellcheck encounters that elemental force of nature we know as RorrKonn.  Immoveable object, meet thy Nemesis, irresistible force!  Then some of us must needs gather the pathetic quivering wreckage that will be all that's left of the once haughty spellcheck...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74511

file_903ce9225fca3e988c2af215d4e544d3.pn

Poser 12, in feet.  

pumeco ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 1:13 PM

@Clarkie
See attached, that's the pose I'd love to know the "official" name of, not the Marilyn thing :-P

@Seachnasaigh
Dear god, if RorrKonn uses the spellchecker it will start to give-off smoke and eventually explode, I doubt it was designed for that level of correction!
I just hope Renderosity has a Fire Alarm fitted and in top working order :-D

Liking the flowing poses BTW :-)

file_0a09c8844ba8f0936c20bd791130d6b6.jp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.