Mon, May 13, 12:44 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 10 9:48 pm)

Subject: What Are You Currently Working On? Share It Here!

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 5:31 PM

Skin test of a personal product I'm working on

file_0f28b5d49b3020afeecd95b4009adf4c.jp

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2014 at 11:52 PM

Teyon : how did you make that texture ,in zBrush with brushes ?

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 12:00 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I'm going down in history as the warlord that slaughtered spell checkers.

not the legacy we where praying for.

if only there where virgins left to offer to the gods. 

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 12:25 AM · edited Tue, 04 November 2014 at 12:25 AM

Yes, it's with ZBrush. Though I may enhance it either in Crazy Bump or NDO. I am also not thrilled with how I did the teeth and gums but I need to get this out for sale soon. Next one will be better though, this gave me some important insight into my workflow (not saying this is a bad character... I just don't like his teeth).

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 8:21 AM

Oh, I missed the "with brushes" thing.  I used the Standard brush with alpha 58 and set to Zsub for the foundation. Then I used the Standard brush set to Zadd and DragRect with an alpha of scales and used that on the body. I followed that up with the Standard brush set to Zadd and Drag Rect with an alpha of Crocodile scales for the back (not shown).

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 5:25 PM

the mesh looks good .skin textures killer.teeth ? what teeth ? LOL

where are own worse critic .we never like are own stuff :(

my Wacom broke .I think a elephant would get a long better with a mouse. LOL.

guess I need to sell something to ,so I can buy a new one. 

hope ya have a lot of sells. :)

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 6:33 PM

Thanks! Took a break from rigging to work on his diffuse textures.

file_084b6fbb10729ed4da8c3d3f5a3ae7c9.jp

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 9:15 PM

I'm in awe!

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 9:48 PM

Aw. Thanks. Hopefully it'll sell well once I have it done and rigged. 

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 10:54 PM

You know he needs a club, sword or a mace and a shield, right? :)

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2014 at 11:38 PM

Lol, yeah, I know he needs a weapon. I was thinking spear. It's fast and relatively easy to make. :)

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 12:18 AM

Awesome work Teyon! Really likin the armor too!!

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 12:24 AM

Thanks! I'm working on the kilt pieces now (I guess that's what I'll call 'em).  Trying to give them some interesting texture and then damage the heck out of it.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 12:28 AM

Killer !!!

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 12:53 PM

Man how I wish Poser supported PBR. Here's a shot of the chin guard from his armor after a pass through DDO. Rendered in realtime with 3DO.

file_3988c7f88ebcb58c6ce932b957b6f332.jp

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 1:19 PM

Lookin pretty dang spiffy Teyon. Man I need to get that quixel suite and learn it. 

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 1:32 PM

Thanks! It's an awesome tool to help speed things up and make things a bit snappier looking for sure. Such a shame that Poser can't fully benefit from all the files it generates but you can get close with some fiddling. 

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 2:13 PM

Hello Teyon, nice work.
Take a look at this YouTube time lapse texturing video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrApuPOayoU

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

pumeco ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 2:39 PM

Looks good, Teyon, though now I have to look-up PBR, DDO, 3D0, and Quixel, none of which I even know about.
Well, I've heard the name Quixel before, rings a bell, but that's about it.

PS: Roxie said to make sure you provide him with some aftershave in case SmithMicro buys him for the Poser Runtime!

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 3:15 PM

Rex kissed a frog?  LOL.
Roxie no like.......LOL.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2014 at 4:13 PM

boyonamission ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 2:08 PM

file_149e9677a5989fd342ae44213df68868.jp Hello, I dont post much, but i liked this thread. At the moment I am working on a mixed African-American character and also some props for him.

boyonamission ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 3:06 PM

file_47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e.jp I also made a roxie morph, i grayscaled it because i used the default roxie texture and that doesnt suit the model i think. So she needs new textures too.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 3:28 PM

Lookin good there. Keep it up. 

cschell ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 3:49 PM · edited Thu, 06 November 2014 at 3:51 PM

I've been busy lately elsewhere with a site migration and a few other things... but here's a couple of recent freebies I created... Figured it'd be nice to have a fantasy sort-of Market Stall for people to use... and a Cistern type Water Well... I had a few other things in the works but have had to delay them in the face of more important work to take care of...

file_013d407166ec4fa56eb1e1f8cbe183b9.jpfile_82161242827b703e6acf9c726942a1e4.jp

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 3:59 PM

Very nice work cschell. Nice and clean, professional looking stuff. Could make for some great game content too. 

cschell ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 4:03 PM

Very nice work cschell. Nice and clean, professional looking stuff. Could make for some great game content too. 

Thank-you! :)

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 5:18 PM

@Pumeco: "Looks good, Teyon, though now I have to look-up PBR, DDO, 3D0, and Quixel, none of which I even know about.
Well, I've heard the name Quixel before, rings a bell, but that's about it."

Quixel is only compatible with Photoshop. Here's a quote from their FAQ page:

Q: Does dDo/nDo2 work with GIMP, PaintShop Pro, Corel Draw or the like?
A: The tools are compatible with Photoshop (CS3-CS6, Standard and Extended editions) as they utilize Photoshop's extremely powerful scripting engine for processing, currently unmatched by other image processing applications. (source: http://www.quixel.se/usermanual/ddo/doku.php?id=faq)

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2014 at 11:56 PM

I don't know if it's ok to post the link here but I'm going to (if it's not, please let me know and I'll remove it).

This covers PBR (Physically Based Rendering) theory:

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-theory

This covers the maps involved:

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-practice

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 1:26 AM · edited Fri, 07 November 2014 at 1:28 AM

boyonamission : nice morphs

cschell : good looking meshes .got a link to ya free stuff n store ?

Even if no one else have the plugs or some of the others have the plugs.
Max n Photoshop will always have the plugs .

think that has something to do with there reign.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 1:50 AM

Nothing wrong with those links that I can see Teyon. Thanks for sharing. Very useful info. 

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 5:34 AM · edited Fri, 07 November 2014 at 5:40 AM

lol@Shane
Thanks for that timely tip, you just saved me the bother of looking into it :-D

Actually, I remember now, RorrKonn pointed that Quixel thing out before.
Looks good though.

@boyonamission
Nice work on the sclupts, both of them 👍

cschell ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 8:22 AM

Thanks RorrKonn, I was rather happy with how they turned out! My freebies are found on my site at www.schells.ca... these are in the Armouries area of my site...

cschell ( ) posted Fri, 07 November 2014 at 10:05 AM · edited Fri, 07 November 2014 at 10:08 AM

Made this image recently for a contest elsewhere for Halloween and thought I'd share it here if that's ok?

The main figure is my own creation... with some clothes and extras of my own and some refitted from other figures... the rest of the figures and scene props were all freebies from various places. I don't often get to do renders like this just for the fun of it so I took some time to just play around with some of the stuff in my runtimes...
.file_a97da629b098b75c294dffdc3e463904.jp

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2014 at 6:01 AM · edited Mon, 10 November 2014 at 6:08 AM

Working on hardware this morning - Urania has powered up for the first time.  48GB RAM & 24 rendering threads, for a total investment of $1260 US! :D 

woohoo.gif~originalfile_8f53295a73878494e9bc8dd6c3c7104f.PN

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2014 at 6:55 AM

Now that is a sight for sore eyes. 

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 2:04 AM

How's this for a weapon? Decided to go with a sword after all (no scabbard though).

file_73278a4a86960eeb576a8fd4c9ec6997.jp

vilters ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2014 at 4:32 AM

Hello Teyon, looking good with nice details.

For a sword to be practical. LOL.
As far as a sword can be practical. LOL.
You need the Center of Gravity of the blade to be inline or behind the extended centerline of the handle.

That is the reason why all swords are bend backwards and not forwards.
A sword with a forward CG is uncontrollable in a swing ( in real life that is)

cschell ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 5:19 PM · edited Wed, 12 November 2014 at 5:31 PM

@ Teyon

As usual, nice work, the blade shape reminds me of a Gurkha Knife, or some of the ancient weapons like the Falcata, 

Khopesh or Kopis... more typically found in ancient Greece or Egypt.

@Vilters

Weapons with a forward curved blade like this were actually fairly common in ancient times. In fact the Gurkha Blade is still in use as a standard issue to Gurkha Troops in India and Nepal amongst other places that employ them. The idea is that with a heavier and forward curved blade a warrior could inflict massive amounts of damage when the weapon was used for chopping or slashing attacks, delivering wounds similar to those caused by axes but with the lighter weight of a sword which is also easier to carry... also many weapons, specially smaller daggers were designed to be blade heavy for throwing where the extra blade weight makes the weapon more likely to impact blade first. Many weapons of this type were favoured by Cavalry units where the heavier blade could be employed during hit and run attacks against armoured infantry...

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 8:21 PM

Thanks gang. I am in the process of doing the JCMs to go with the body movements. Will also do some Advanced Body Controls. I know they're not popular but eh...someone out there uses them I'm sure. Will post a video of the collar movement in a few.

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 8:46 PM

Schell, if I didn't mention it before, I like your lady. She has appeal, which is hard to make happen.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 8:47 PM · edited Wed, 12 November 2014 at 8:50 PM

file_9b8619251a19057cff70779273e95aa6.jp Just got a Lucky result. LOL.

cschell ( ) posted Wed, 12 November 2014 at 10:38 PM · edited Wed, 12 November 2014 at 10:43 PM

Thank-you Teyon... She was a ton of work... took about a year of development and beta-testing and a lot of her final look resulted from community feed back in an ongoing WIP thread so in the end she's as much a community accomplishment as she is my own work..:)

boyonamission ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 5:46 PM · edited Thu, 13 November 2014 at 5:48 PM

file_c8ffe9a587b126f152ed3d89a146b445.jp Thank you very much,  AmbientShade ,pumeco, RorrKonn. Im very much fan of all of your work, and your humor,pumeco. I made a very very early test to see how the AA-character looks with a front texture. The shine comes from a matcap in zbrush. I hope to make a character that is hard to distinquish from a real person. A lot to do, as i am reading up on a lot of things in Poser( lights etc). Is it ok if i use this as a sort of sketchbook? The picture is not the best quality btw

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 6:31 PM

cschell : cute elf ,sounds like ya having fun :)

seachnasaigh : Rock ON !!!

Teyon : We like swords ,bloody ones even better ;)

vilters : Cloths !!! you alt to make more :)

boyonamission : Realism in CGI ? you like a challenge. your a braver soul then me.
I wish you all the luck in the realms.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 6:45 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I don't care what ya working on .
if ya not working with a Wacom .
ya just wasting ya time and not living up to ya full CGI potential.

My old Wacom finally gave up the ghost .she was a warrior thou. went out fighting.
a mouse is less then worthless .only good for target practice .
was saving for a wacom intuos pro medium. 
saw a small intuos in staples & got it.

it's killer well worth the $100.00
anyone can get a $ 100.00 for a intuos.

oh I'll still get a wacom intuos pro medium adventualy
but this small $100.00 intuos I could survive just fine with it.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 7:35 PM

Ach, it was the texture on the Dress that I was referring to. That was pure luck. LOL.

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 13 November 2014 at 7:41 PM

@ Teyon

Nice work sir, I like what I see so far. Ach, I also like Advanced Body Controls, but am not so fond of JCM's.

**For a figure?? Symmetry!  All starts and or ends with symmetry.
Loose symmetry, and basically you'v lost the figure. In the object file,, in the bones, in the magnets, in the dependencies, in anything. Loose symmetry and figure is dead at birth.

Maintain symmetry at all cost for an end user and content creator friendly figure.

Looks good so far.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 3:05 AM

I don't care what ya working on .
if ya not working with a Wacom .
ya just wasting ya time and not living up to ya full CGI potential.

My old Wacom finally gave up the ghost .she was a warrior thou. went out fighting.
a mouse is less then worthless .only good for target practice .
was saving for a wacom intuos pro medium. 
saw a small intuos in staples & got it.

it's killer well worth the $100.00
anyone can get a $ 100.00 for a intuos.

oh I'll still get a wacom intuos pro medium adventualy
but this small $100.00 intuos I could survive just fine with it.

I have an Intuos pro medium. Got it for about $350 on newegg back over the summer. It takes some getting used to tho, even coming from using another tablet for several years. I was using an old $100 graphire 4 I got about 8-10 yrs ago. It still works pretty decent, it's just that I wore out the pen and the active area was just too small at about 3x5. There are a couple things that I don't like about the Intuos - some of which are pretty annoying, but overall its a nice tablet. And it came with a selection of free software - including Anime studio 9 - debut I think (haven't installed it yet) - which is cool cause I bought anime studio from content paradise back around v 4 or 5 i think, but lost it and my serial # when CP did their site overhaul and wiped everyone's accounts. Haven't bought much from them since then thanks to pulling that move. 

cschell ( ) posted Fri, 14 November 2014 at 10:49 AM

@RorrKonn

Thanks, the elf ears were one of the base head morphs I built into the figure when I made her... and yes it was a great deal of fun pulling that scene together! It started out as a simple textures test for a new set of textures I'd been working on for my girl and when they came out looking decent I decided to turn it into a full scene. I also decided to play a little with different reflections and lighting effect on some of the surfaces just to see what effects I could accomplish...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.