Thu, May 16, 9:05 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 8:59 am)

Subject: Create single mat pose for multiple hair props

MNArtist ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 11:33 AM · edited Thu, 16 May 2024 at 3:35 AM

Apologies if this has been covered, but I haven't found it searching through forums (though a very old, similar thread at RDNA).

I want to create a single mat pose for multiple dynamic hair props associated with one character. This is an animal, so there are about 25 separate body parts. I can create the mat not problem, and have that saved, and can apply it individually, but I want to create a "group" for lack of better term, for all the hair props and be able to change them all at one time to the same material (I have 2 color variations of the "hair.").

Does anyone know of a solution for this? 

You can see a render of the figure/hair props I'm working on here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2555453

if it helps clarify the situation at all.

Am using PoserPro2014, Windows7

Thanks!

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:21 PM

Save it as a material collection.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

MNArtist ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:26 PM · edited Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:39 PM

Have tried that. It won't recognize all the different props. Have even tried saving out the animal with all the parented hair props as a new cr2 - which creates a material zone called "hair" in figure's material room settings, but it still won't apply to all the props at once.

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:29 PM

The only script that would be able to handle that is Bagginsbill's old VSSProp.  It was created for the purpose.  Unless there is something @ RDNA which works just as well or even better.

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:41 PM

Well, if they're all being saved to the same material, there are also scripts that can do that sort of thing.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:26 PM

when you have one figure with multiple material zones and you want to copy the material of one zone onto a selection of other zones (instead of just all zones - and while keeping texture maps) then Snarlys EZMat can do that. It's free and worthwhile trying to see if it works in your case.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.