Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Create single mat pose for multiple hair props

MNArtist opened this issue on Aug 11, 2014 · 6 posts

MNArtist posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 11:33 AM

Apologies if this has been covered, but I haven't found it searching through forums (though a very old, similar thread at RDNA).

I want to create a single mat pose for multiple dynamic hair props associated with one character. This is an animal, so there are about 25 separate body parts. I can create the mat not problem, and have that saved, and can apply it individually, but I want to create a "group" for lack of better term, for all the hair props and be able to change them all at one time to the same material (I have 2 color variations of the "hair.").

Does anyone know of a solution for this? 

You can see a render of the figure/hair props I'm working on here:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2555453

if it helps clarify the situation at all.

Am using PoserPro2014, Windows7

Thanks!

Believable3D posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:21 PM

Save it as a material collection.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

MNArtist posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:26 PM

Have tried that. It won't recognize all the different props. Have even tried saving out the animal with all the parented hair props as a new cr2 - which creates a material zone called "hair" in figure's material room settings, but it still won't apply to all the props at once.

hborre posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:29 PM

The only script that would be able to handle that is Bagginsbill's old VSSProp.  It was created for the purpose.  Unless there is something @ RDNA which works just as well or even better.

Believable3D posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:41 PM

Well, if they're all being saved to the same material, there are also scripts that can do that sort of thing.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

aRtBee posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:26 PM

when you have one figure with multiple material zones and you want to copy the material of one zone onto a selection of other zones (instead of just all zones - and while keeping texture maps) then Snarlys EZMat can do that. It's free and worthwhile trying to see if it works in your case.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though