Fri, May 17, 5:29 AM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 2:35 am)

Subject: New QuadSpinner Tutorial

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 16 June 2009 at 11:55 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Dax Pandhi has another great video tutorial available at QuadSpinner. This one is entitled "Capturing the Brilliance of Light" and IMO it's well worth buying for anyone serious about creating photoreal scenes in Vue. Definitely worth a look!

uc_lighting

andrewe_665 ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 10:45 AM

$36, Jeez*  I can;t even afford VUE 7*

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 10:53 AM

Yeah the tutorials look nice but the price is starting to stack up, I don't mind paying, but just don't have the money right now to spend on tutorials.

They do look fab though

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

choover3 ( ) posted Wed, 17 June 2009 at 10:57 AM

Finally took Chipp's suggestion and downloaded the free tutorial on QuadSpinner. After watching it I immediately purchased the tutorial on Procedural Terrains.

The free tutorial was very helpful and has really gotten me going on Procedural Terrains.

Though I haven't made it through the purchased tutorial I can already see that it is going to be a great help and reference for building terrains.

Money well spent.

Charles

offrench ( ) posted Thu, 18 June 2009 at 12:27 AM

I was not very enthusiastic on the procedural terrain thing. In many examples I saw, the results looked more like whipped cream than eroded terrains. 

This one looks interesting. I like the way Dath Pandi uses Radiosity.

I am also expecting his tutorials on water and materials to be very interesting.

Still waiting for the book "Vue 7.5, beyond the basics" I ordered a month ago.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

impish ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 2:38 PM

I've just posted a review of Capturing the Brilliance of Light on the Vue News Blog.

[

](http://vuenews.blogspot.com/2009/06/capturing-brilliance-of-light-revue.html)

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 22 June 2009 at 2:53 PM

I think it's a really useful tutorial - I'm learning loads of new tricks :)
(just have to remember them now !)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.