Fri, May 17, 10:52 PM CDT

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 17 7:32 pm)

Subject: * * * Vue Challenge theme for November 2008 * * *

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 10:25 PM · edited Mon, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Since we are trying a different way to make challenges more approachable, the selection of a theme for the next challenge is going to be different as well.

Please post your suggestions here for what should be this month's challenge and lets see if we can come up with a decision for a theme.

Trepz ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2008 at 1:53 AM

Design a hole of a golf course...never been done and it would be really challenging.

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

Rutra ( ) posted Sun, 02 November 2008 at 4:31 AM

I propose making a believable Earth as seen from orbit (not from deep space).

miikaawaadizi ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 5:28 PM

odd ways of illustrating an element (air/water/earth/fire)?

jc ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 6:24 PM

"Forbidden" - dangerous, foreboding, restricted, scary things or places.

ArtPearl ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 7:39 PM

file_417071.jpg

I'm a bit off focus the last few days so I have a child's life suggestion, inspired by Sessame Street:

This challenge is presented by the letter  "N" (as in November) and the Number "8" (as in 2008).
I added a quickie image - I hope you can see my N and 8:)

It doesnt have to be that literal - it can be about a place begining with N, 8 hills, octagonal building etc...

The 'N Table' in my image was designed and modeled by me and I'm willing to donate it as an incentive to participants just for fun. I'll add a side Table to complement it.
(Oh - It's a presie even if its not my topic)

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

sangelico ( ) posted Mon, 03 November 2008 at 9:21 PM

How about a scene of an outdoor adventure such as rock climbing, white water kayaking, backcountry skiing, mountaineering - perhaps a theme of "testing oneself"

agiel ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 8:35 AM

I like the idea of designing a hole in a golf course. I will post a new thread for that challenge right away.

Everybody else, hold on to your ideas for next month.

miikaawaadizi ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 7:12 PM

Oh boy ... you guys realize my husband is going to want to have words with you all for giving me an excuse to spend even more time squinting at my screen muttering dire imprecations under my breath, right? :)

mcw1917 ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 5:27 PM

file_418767.jpg

Here's one to look at if you will.  The golfer is a 3dmax object; everything else is from Vue. (I used Vue 7 Infinite, importing plants from my Vue6 collection!)

The only post work was done in Photoshop to remove a black stripe down the golfer's leg..... go figure.

This is the first time I've sent anything to Renderosity....and I'd value anyone's feedback.

Thanks so much, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Peggy (mcw1917)

ArtPearl ( ) posted Wed, 26 November 2008 at 8:11 PM

If you have a bigger render you may want to post it in your gallery and put a link here. There seem to be promising features, but its hard(at least for me)  to see in such a small scale.
Welcome to Rendo!

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/

mcw1917 ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2008 at 4:10 PM

Thank you!  Now I get see this works!  I'll post the above where it belongs as soon as I figure out how to do that!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.