Fri, May 17, 2:28 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 16 11:59 pm)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 5:10 AM
Site Admin

@odf  Thank you for all the Antonia goodies! 

@FVerbaas - Thanks so much for the Antonia Jinny set - I'm having tons of fun dressing her :)  Is there an easy way to import a figure's .obj to use as an avatar in Jinny?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 6:11 AM
Forum Coordinator

Kalypso posted at 5:10 AM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456192

Is there an easy way to import a figure's .obj to use as an avatar in Jinny?

Yes, just select open avatar and select the .obj.

Avatar from obj has no rig and cannot be poser or morphed.

For Poser meshes select 'feet' as unit and scale 860%.

Figure must be humanoid standing in A or T pose on the ground and is best about human adult sized. See the thread in MD forum about limits to Jinny fittingssuit generation.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 3:11 PM
jroulin posted at 4:56 AM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456191
odf posted at 2:16 AM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456187

Here's the promo image. Now I'll just need to render some thumbnails and assemble the ZIP file. In the meantime, are there any requests for the next item in Antonia's wardrobe?

I do not want to tell you each time from now but you know how you can ask me for the EasySym Script for your free clothing items. :-)

No worries, I will now ask you every time until you tell me to stop. :-)

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 19 February 2023 at 2:07 AM
Site Admin
FVerbaas posted at 6:11 AM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456198

Kalypso posted at 5:10 AM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456192

Is there an easy way to import a figure's .obj to use as an avatar in Jinny?

Yes, just select open avatar and select the .obj.

Avatar from obj has no rig and cannot be poser or morphed.

For Poser meshes select 'feet' as unit and scale 860%.

Figure must be humanoid standing in A or T pose on the ground and is best about human adult sized. See the thread in MD forum about limits to Jinny fittingssuit generation.

Thanks so much!  I've got some reading up to do and tutorials to watch but I've always wished for something like Jinny for clothing.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 20 February 2023 at 3:56 PM · edited Mon, 20 February 2023 at 3:57 PM

Okidoki, the babydoll and panties are now up on FreeStuff. Apparently, I can't select Antonia as the base figure anymore. Oh well!

There's still time for requests. In the meantime, Toni is digging through my pile of half-finished MD clothes looking for inspiration.

mpKln2BY6Tw07Vjm8wgApaxOVdRvFx07LX9KelZW.jpg

odf ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2023 at 3:58 PM

Since I have a bit of trouble deciding, let's do a quick poll. What would you like to see added to Antonia's wardrobe next?

[ ] A leotard with fancy material zones

[ ] Socks of various lengths

[ ] A pair of Capri pants and a fitted t-shirt

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2023 at 4:15 PM
Forum Coordinator

Socks are fun

jroulin ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2023 at 4:27 PM
FVerbaas posted at 4:15 PM Tue, 21 February 2023 - #4456537

Socks are fun

Yes they are so second that.

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2023 at 1:25 AM

Socks

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2023 at 1:54 AM · edited Wed, 22 February 2023 at 1:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Socks, huh?

5CYm6lv8FQY4uqyhDaQktKGHdb3me0KglkAH4Uam.png

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2023 at 3:27 AM

wow

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

RFreise ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2023 at 12:51 PM

Nice 

odf ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 12:56 AM · edited Thu, 23 February 2023 at 12:56 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Socks will have to be conforming, I think, since Poser seems even worse at simulating them nicely than MD. I have coerced MD into producing a mesh that has good UVs for socks/stockings and behaves nicely in the fitting room, with minimal poke-through and wrinkling in the automatically transferred JCMs. So, there'll still be some manual tweaking needed, but nothing too extreme. Which is good, because I'm a very lazy person.

RS2Qc0IKAnomMjhde16KBQtcbndT6jhD3TWMccER.png

jroulin ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 3:41 AM
odf posted at 12:56 AM Thu, 23 February 2023 - #4456654

Socks will have to be conforming, I think, since Poser seems even worse at simulating them nicely than MD. I have coerced MD into producing a mesh that has good UVs for socks/stockings and behaves nicely in the fitting room, with minimal poke-through and wrinkling in the automatically transferred JCMs. So, there'll still be some manual tweaking needed, but nothing too extreme. Which is good, because I'm a very lazy person.

If you still want to do it dynamic in Poser try to fit the top border of the socks as constrained group and use 1 as collision offset and collision depth. You also should not collide against the ground.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 4:30 AM
jroulin posted at 3:41 AM Thu, 23 February 2023 - #4456658
odf posted at 12:56 AM Thu, 23 February 2023 - #4456654

If you still want to do it dynamic in Poser try to fit the top border of the socks as constrained group and use 1 as collision offset and collision depth. You also should not collide against the ground.
Thanks, I’ll give that a try.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 1:03 PM
Forum Coordinator

Real life socks hold by virtue of friction between fabric and skin. This means the sock fabric needs to be pressed to the skin and the coefficient of friction must be large enough. In the cloth room it is possible to set the coefficient of friction per dynamic group but you cannot set a pre-tension. At the start of the simulation the stress in the fabric is zero, so the pressure is zero and hence the friction is zero. Legs are tapering to smaller girth in the direction where gravity goes, so when the fabric 'sags' the chances of building up pressure becomes even less.

A typical workaround is to model the socks around a thinner leg and in the sim first grow the leg to full thickness while gravity is zero. This would generate pressure and hence friction to hold the socks in place during the rest of the sim

odf ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 3:27 PM · edited Thu, 23 February 2023 at 3:28 PM

Nicely explained, FVerbaas!

Being able to specify an initial tension for a dynamic group would be a very welcome addition to the cloth room, but I'm not holding my breath.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 6:58 PM

Beautiful clothes!

I redid my Arya morph and skin structure completely. Somehow i wasnt satisfied with the result. I want her to be the best she can be at the moment. I added new brow meshes too. All made out of spheres. I completely remade my skin brushes to better reflect real pores.

xPVhVFO9u1tXOtw1D1JgB9DospBP7iQbuZ6bo2Ew.jpg

odf ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 9:31 PM

That's looking great, Liquid_Ice. Pushing a little bit further with each new project is how we develop solid skills. I wish I had the time and patience to properly learn digital sculpting. But I'm sure one day it will happen.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2023 at 9:45 PM
odf posted at 9:31 PM Thu, 23 February 2023 - #4456756

That's looking great, Liquid_Ice. Pushing a little bit further with each new project is how we develop solid skills. I wish I had the time and patience to properly learn digital sculpting. But I'm sure one day it will happen.

yes, I have been in the industry for years. Poser is finally getting there. Sculpting is not so hard as modelling is lol. I am sure you can do this. If the program has a move and a smooth brush you are set.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2023 at 5:22 AM
Forum Coordinator
odf posted at 3:27 PM Thu, 23 February 2023 - #4456720

Being able to specify an initial tension for a dynamic group would be a very welcome addition to the cloth room, but I'm not holding my breath.

Not sure what they will do with the cloth room. A technical solution would be to define the initial deformation in the from of a morph. 

odf ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 12:54 AM

Here's a snapshot of my initial experiments in fixing up the knee JCMs after creating conforming thigh-highs in the fitting room. Right knee fixed, left knee not, in case that was unclear. :-)

njBQMsxaqJxrg3RDu9833aXWVFRXBUIAfPLGmK4J.png

Question: does anyone know an easy way to mirror a conforming figure, so I could make, say, the right sock as an  individual figure and then mirror it to get the left sock? Asking for a friend (named Antonia).

odf ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 1:58 AM

Hmm, supposedly Poser 13 will be better at copying morphs and weights between figures. Maybe I should put the socks on the back burner then until it's out and make more dynamic clothes in the meantime.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 4:03 AM
Forum Coordinator

Maybe add some bulge?

odf ( ) posted Sat, 25 February 2023 at 4:08 AM
FVerbaas posted at 4:03 AM Sat, 25 February 2023 - #4456857

Maybe add some bulge?

Yeah, good idea!

odf ( ) posted Wed, 01 March 2023 at 1:34 AM · edited Wed, 01 March 2023 at 1:34 AM

Since I'm pushing back the sock project a tiny bit, here's my first experiment with fancy material zones on an MD-based item of dynamic clothing.

I8OZCactIMfTBVCHA9m2rYG4KvLgqFznvEf0L1a3.png

odf ( ) posted Thu, 02 March 2023 at 2:59 AM · edited Thu, 02 March 2023 at 2:59 AM

A bit further along with the fancy material zones for the bodysuit. Maybe almost time to slap on a few materials and call it a day. Might add the little choker to the mix while I'm at it.

bicVN9BRXSVqUEcognMGmmUXXM7blMeOt7hhGEYF.png

odf ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 12:51 AM · edited Sun, 05 March 2023 at 12:52 AM

I gots a collection of material sets and a possible promo image for the bodysuit. I've also gained a bit more experience with simulating skin-tight clothing, so I might have another go at making the socks dynamic after this is finalized.

Iz6PkiWGpQsipc7Ql9ToKiDZGEqKECHiCqW9SF22.png

odf ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 2:42 AM

So, that trick FVerbaas described for simulating the socks to keep them from falling off the thighs seems to have worked very nicely. I still have the problem that they tend to fly off the feet (not shown). Not sure about the best way to fix that. Conforming socks work nicely up to mid-shin lengths, so a possible solution could be to simulate the longer socks on top of conforming shorter ones standing in for the feet.

a0UGieZhFqSxouqvu3FRSHxYQOu511ZAL7XmFxZG.png

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 4:55 AM · edited Sun, 05 March 2023 at 4:58 AM
Forum Coordinator

By 'fly off the feet' you mean the toes come through? Toes are a maze for collisions because the diameter of the toes is so small. If you take a cross section of the toes and draw a line at 'collision depth' below the surface you get an idea of the complexity. After a simulation step a vertex can easily end up in a location where the shortest way 'out' is on the opposite side of where the vertex came from. This could be reduced by smaller time steps but the consequences for simulation speed are severe. On 'old' Antonia I used the toecap there.

Indeed conforming up to mid-shin and dynamic above would be a good solution. Socks are elastic and tensioned so they generally follow the skin without wrinkling.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 7:59 AM

I am working on some free Antonia stuff. Here is a small preview

D4DMXJsPukb1Ae7rKciHWR5mWAtlQXHn8ZgeAyLk.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 4:17 PM
FVerbaas posted at 4:55 AM Sun, 5 March 2023 - #4457689

By 'fly off the feet' you mean the toes come through? Toes are a maze for collisions because the diameter of the toes is so small. If you take a cross section of the toes and draw a line at 'collision depth' below the surface you get an idea of the complexity. After a simulation step a vertex can easily end up in a location where the shortest way 'out' is on the opposite side of where the vertex came from. This could be reduced by smaller time steps but the consequences for simulation speed are severe. On 'old' Antonia I used the toecap there.

Indeed conforming up to mid-shin and dynamic above would be a good solution. Socks are elastic and tensioned so they generally follow the skin without wrinkling.

I'm thinking about bringing the toe caps back as a conformer.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 05 March 2023 at 4:18 PM
Liquid_Ice posted at 7:59 AM Sun, 5 March 2023 - #4457708

I am working on some free Antonia stuff. Here is a small preview

Exciting! She can always use more unique looks.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Mon, 06 March 2023 at 1:22 PM
odf posted at 4:17 PM Sun, 5 March 2023 - #4457767

Great option. I am also thinking to add extra conforming eyelashes and waterline.

jartz ( ) posted Tue, 07 March 2023 at 3:47 PM
Liquid_Ice posted at 1:22 PM Mon, 6 March 2023 - #4457810
odf posted at 4:17 PM Sun, 5 March 2023 - #4457767

Great option. I am also thinking to add extra conforming eyelashes and waterline.
That would be awesome!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Thu, 09 March 2023 at 2:35 AM · edited Thu, 09 March 2023 at 2:35 AM

The bodysuit is now done and up on FreeStuff, so I'm back to playing with the dynamic thigh highs. Between the preshrinking and the conforming toe caps I'm starting to get pretty promising results.

dMcyDpBfUIsjvGPKPUAKiFXU3FCebCDBRIyxndT6.png

odf ( ) posted Sun, 12 March 2023 at 3:26 AM

The funny thing about colliding with the conforming toecaps is that it works exactly once. The second time I try to simulate, the toecaps are completely ignored. Maybe another reason to wait for P13, on the off chance that this particular bug will have magically disappeared in the meantime.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 8:04 AM · edited Thu, 16 March 2023 at 8:04 AM

I am hard at work after recovering from a flu.

Is this something you like? Of course no diffuse and shaders yet but you get the idea.

u4OgGEnUBuUSif2NejcbbgafLp5s1HN5C24IS76X.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 8:10 AM

WOW!  That looks incredible!

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 8:15 AM
hborre posted at 8:10 AM Thu, 16 March 2023 - #4458667

WOW!  That looks incredible!

Thank you, its all going to be for free. But takes a lot of time to do this. I want people to see it doesnt really matter which model you use. I really want it to be BPR and i am studying hard to get it to poser the best possible way. At least my best lol. I was also testing converting fibermesh to hair room. But it is a hit or miss.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 5:01 PM

That's a beautiful morph, and I love all the secondary and tertiary detail you put in there.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 1:54 AM

So, it took me a while, but I think I've got the thigh-highs working pretty reliably now, modulo extreme knee bends (above 130 degrees, give or take). The setup is a bit trickier than my previous dynamic clothes, but there aren't *that* many extra steps. I'll just have to try and describe it well in the readme and hope that folks follow the instructions (LOL).

If anyone's interested in the full "making of" story, let me know. ;-)

ZcuC6S4vPhxq3qxYWubsxNS6HASre2K9gGaBgFw3.png

Y-Phil ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 2:25 AM

great ones ❤

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

jroulin ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 10:41 AM
odf posted at 1:54 AM Tue, 21 March 2023 - #4459154

So, it took me a while, but I think I've got the thigh-highs working pretty reliably now, modulo extreme knee bends (above 130 degrees, give or take). The setup is a bit trickier than my previous dynamic clothes, but there aren't *that* many extra steps. I'll just have to try and describe it well in the readme and hope that folks follow the instructions (LOL).

If anyone's interested in the full "making of" story, let me know. ;-)

What set-up do you mean?  If it is the Dynamics Controls I have a script  (SimDataSaver) that can save those settings in the Poser library. If you need I can generate it for you.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2023 at 6:41 PM
jroulin posted at 10:41 AM Tue, 21 March 2023 - #4459181

What set-up do you mean?  If it is the Dynamics Controls I have a script  (SimDataSaver) that can save those settings in the Poser library. If you need I can generate it for you.

There are a number of things involved. First of all, one needs to load the conforming foot covers/replacements and collide with both them and the figure's thighs and shins. It is also necessary to use draping and set the collision depth on the figure to a higher value. Finally, depending on the pose, it may be necessary to load and simulate the left and right sock as separate props.

As usual, I will share the ZIP file with you before submitting to FreeStuff. Any amount of automation you can provide will be much appreciated.

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 3:51 AM
odf posted at 6:41 PM Tue, 21 March 2023 - #4459226
jroulin posted at 10:41 AM Tue, 21 March 2023 - #4459181

There are a number of things involved. First of all, one needs to load the conforming foot covers/replacements and collide with both them and the figure's thighs and shins. It is also necessary to use draping and set the collision depth on the figure to a higher value. Finally, depending on the pose, it may be necessary to load and simulate the left and right sock as separate props.

As usual, I will share the ZIP file with you before submitting to FreeStuff. Any amount of automation you can provide will be much appreciated.

I will see what is involved when I have the items. It will maybe take a little more time than usually depending on the complexity. Simulating one sock after the other is no problem the script can do this.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 5:33 AM · edited Wed, 22 March 2023 at 5:34 AM
Forum Coordinator

If the socks need to be used with the toecaps conformed with the figure anyway, maybe extend the toecaps conformer up to the thigh so it becomes a complete leg. This means that the simulation needs only one collision figure (the leg) and needs not be linked to the Antonia figure the leg is conformed to. All relations and parameters can be stored and handled within the conformer, and any 'grow' actions to build tension and compression need to be done only on the conformer leg, which of course can have the required grow morph built-in.

There is not (yet?) a canonised morph set for Antonia, so a script cannot assume the moniker leg has all necessary morphs and therefore will need to have the morphs of the legs of Antonia, and the joint parameters when changed, copied in, but from there on it would be self- contained. 

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 5:44 AM
Forum Coordinator

Very far shot: since there is an initial morph anyway morphs to other figures' leg shape would, in theory, make the conformer leg portable to other base figures, provided they have a rig topology  corresponding to Antonia's.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2023 at 4:36 PM
FVerbaas posted at 5:33 AM Wed, 22 March 2023 - #4459251

If the socks need to be used with the toecaps conformed with the figure anyway, maybe extend the toecaps conformer up to the thigh so it becomes a complete leg. This means that the simulation needs only one collision figure (the leg) and needs not be linked to the Antonia figure the leg is conformed to. All relations and parameters can be stored and handled within the conformer, and any 'grow' actions to build tension and compression need to be done only on the conformer leg, which of course can have the required grow morph built-in.

Intriguing idea! If you ever put it in practice, I'd be interested to see how it works out.

odf ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 1:31 AM

The thigh-highs are now up on FreeStuff. If anyone reading this tries them out, let me know how it goes, especially any issues that may pop up.

Also, maybe it's time for another poll? What should Antonia put on next?

[ ] Knee socks (which would support the bent knee poses the thigh-highs do not).

[ ] A t-shirt and fitted pants combo.

[ ] A dress (if so, what kind?).

[ ] A romper.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.