Sat, Jun 1, 9:10 AM CDT

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

odf ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2023 at 3:06 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2023 at 3:06 AM

I ended up going with the three versions shown below. The other options I tried weren't worth the pain. As it turns out, this stuff can be quite finicky. When the prop loads, the buttons need to be close to and parallel to the piece of fabric they're supposed to attach to, and the top and bottom placket can't be near overlapping where there's no button, or bad things will happen in the cloth room.

Now these here I tested quite extensively, and they look very well-behaved to me. So, I think I'll just finish up the materials now, and then it's time to package everything up so it can be released. Thanks for everyone's patience!

ZZNUgrCkRlVRYbKK8jP9sYGvfOV0HbL1t5lYRVQ8.png

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

odf ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2023 at 9:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 January 2023 at 9:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Here's a snapshot of the two material sets I currently have for the blouse. I made a compound node for a single procedural heart, and another one for arranging repeating motifs, so that enabled me to position the hearts better within the fabric. I also made a very simple row of procedural buttonholes and tried to place it correctly. Almost there, I think, maybe a tad to the right (her left).

gqIVoFm5s9r0U85sbSKhUj1BMZAFAktan3yRTCNS.png

I think I might add a turquoise version of the pink one, but without the hearts and slightly less see-through. That's probably it, unless someone has further wishes/suggestions that are easy to do.

odf ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2023 at 12:29 AM · edited Mon, 23 January 2023 at 12:29 AM

Well, one more, I guess. Can't resist the polka dots, or the blue... OkIBgagl8iDf5mD2DXu6XW6wyvl2wJUDNunlB6fV.png

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2023 at 3:20 PM

The blouse is now up on FreeStuff.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2023 at 3:42 PM

Many thanks odf

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2023 at 4:01 PM

Thanks

odf ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2023 at 9:50 PM

Might be doing a sweatpants tank top combo next. That should be a bit less painful, I think (hope).

FKPamBbcoU43ZVvroriQnnHsCtsq8MdCQOaSIGZj.jpg

jroulin ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2023 at 3:07 AM

Nice combo, and if you want to have an EasySim tell me when you are ready. 

odf ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2023 at 5:26 AM
jroulin posted at 3:07 AM Fri, 27 January 2023 - #4454701

Nice combo, and if you want to have an EasySim tell me when you are ready. 

Thanks! Will do.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2023 at 7:17 AM · edited Fri, 27 January 2023 at 7:17 AM

odf posted at 9:50 PM Thu, 26 January 2023 - #4454687

Might be doing a sweatpants tank top combo next. That should be a bit less painful, I think (hope).

FKPamBbcoU43ZVvroriQnnHsCtsq8MdCQOaSIGZj.jpg

I like.

If you are ever feeling experimental maybe a corseted Victorian dress, or a Baby Doll, or Smock style dress would be interesting...

pJfmIGGwEyKMKNvvogHy5dDdUw3ACDxcinOEs7Hg.jpg

vH3t4hWjQd5kx8P3xOsozaseCOlLAZiuGhIvX79y.jpg

tcSWLzeazqz4FuiHo38XLXmtdrRiRN2VmZnK4St9.jpg

odf ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2023 at 9:59 PM

I’ll keep that in mind.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2023 at 11:47 PM · edited Fri, 27 January 2023 at 11:48 PM

odf posted at 9:59 PM Fri, 27 January 2023 - #4454773

I’ll keep that in mind.

I solved the conforming panties issue.

Of course that doesn't mean I solved the issue of having to manually resculpt over a dozen jcms into the garment... not to mention buttocks and hip morphs. The lengths one goes to for some panties :D

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2023 at 3:21 PM

Odf

May I use model elements from the 1.2 low res mesh for a robot I'm working on? Specifically the ears (I like the modeling on those) and maybe the hands and feet (modeling hands and feet, especially feet, really is most agony inducing)... the elements will be slightly retopo'd. Of course you get full credit for being the source of any mesh elements being utilized, as per the License.

Thanks in advance.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2023 at 4:19 PM

primorge posted at 3:21 PM Sat, 28 January 2023 - #4454814

Odf

May I use model elements from the 1.2 low res mesh for a robot I'm working on? Specifically the ears (I like the modeling on those) and maybe the hands and feet (modeling hands and feet, especially feet, really is most agony inducing)... the elements will be slightly retopo'd. Of course you get full credit for being the source of any mesh elements being utilized, as per the License.

Thanks in advance.

Of course, be my guest.

And congratulations on the panty breakthrough!

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2023 at 4:29 PM

Thanks man. Love them ears ;)

odf ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2023 at 1:35 AM · edited Sun, 29 January 2023 at 1:35 AM

The tank top is coming along nicely, I think.

CaFer1o4JKjc97ySvMB8AxrH6rtmLEDP9mx6jX9C.png

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2023 at 8:52 AM · edited Sun, 29 January 2023 at 8:52 AM

odf posted at 1:35 AM Sun, 29 January 2023 - #4454850

That's coming out nice. At first I thought maybe the dart seams into the breasts on a tank top might look weird, or atypical, but it looks natural.

Unrelated but if you ever decide to do any more remodeling on Antonia you might consider this poly flow configuration on the sternum center of breasts. It lends itself well to gravity and cleavage morphs. The best from my experience actually. Similar to V4's sternum topology. Hardly any Poser figures have this arrangement and it makes the aforementioned morph types more difficult. Something to file away maybe as a suggestion...

MhE3wofEjVfPNMx8dokSRxU30YUa6vI2sWNVLMty.png

odf ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2023 at 4:28 PM
primorge posted at 8:52 AM Sun, 29 January 2023 - #4454859

odf posted at 1:35 AM Sun, 29 January 2023 - #4454850

That's coming out nice. At first I thought maybe the dart seams into the breasts on a tank top might look weird, or atypical, but it looks natural.

I had my doubts, as well, but they seem (seam, LOL) to be working. But honestly, I'm particular pleased with the trims. Poser completely flattened out my initial attempts, but I showed it who's boss.

Unrelated but if you ever decide to do any more remodeling on Antonia you might consider this poly flow configuration on the sternum center of breasts. It lends itself well to gravity and cleavage morphs. The best from my experience actually. Similar to V4's sternum topology. Hardly any Poser figures have this arrangement and it makes the aforementioned morph types more difficult. Something to file away maybe as a suggestion...

MhE3wofEjVfPNMx8dokSRxU30YUa6vI2sWNVLMty.png

Yes, that looks quite promising. I don't see myself doing any figure modeling in the near future, but who knows?

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2023 at 5:08 PM · edited Sun, 29 January 2023 at 5:08 PM

Just being conversational (about boobs) but I've found that musculature, and the sort of natural cleavage effect in certain women's physiology build (as seen in the picture of Emily Ratajkowski below as a good example), and also demonstrated by Posermatic's classic Natural Gravity Morphs for V4, is best served by this redirection of edgeflow. Much better than the plain strip of thin polys (that often pinch from compression) shown in LF and Dawn. I recall trying to point this out about Dawn 2's topology previews at HW forums and met with counter images of D2's boobs inflated and pressed together in a typical Poser manner. I didn't bother arguing further the point. Also, if you are familiar at all with Posermatic's NGMs they demonstrate a very natural appearing  extreme pendulous breast variety not often seen in other Poser figures! It's my assertion that this sort of topology is most conducive to this ponderously pendulous quality!

Anyway, sorry for the OT, woolgathering and meandering and whatnot ;)

2EtMS6Kv8S6S4b36qTaXu81cVQuZaFpS8ElT4fny.jpg

ynHA8Y7uOtMcchiOaPt0TllBouF517xGES1ooWFT.jpg

odf ( ) posted Thu, 02 February 2023 at 3:50 AM

The tank top is looking good, I think. Doing my usual one cut, three lengths thing. Probably time to move on to the pants.

9F3ktzIhfSpT5ipzmlp4AiMrHRJXyiRb7xRSIH0h.png

odf ( ) posted Sat, 04 February 2023 at 2:00 AM · edited Sat, 04 February 2023 at 2:00 AM

Pants are also coming along, I think.

Or9WhI13LXHEhiREWfHdjkMr3VFAnq4PgHRp7lBr.png

odf ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 12:50 AM

Mixing and matching the lengths. Honestly, I was not prepared for how cute those short shorts look on her.

2pZuvEZ4KnwzEBQi0UGTPKCoSd1j3W2vRMqG1CxC.png

RFreise ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 12:54 PM

Looking good

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 2:38 PM · edited Sun, 05 February 2023 at 2:41 PM

Oh wow, after all these years there is a new version.

It got me inspired. 

I morphed her head. This is the symmetrical version. Then I made brushes for Zbrush to paint the skin surface. Every pore is done one by one and then I connected everything together. I made bump brushes too. Everything is made  by hand and no alphas were used. Now is time for the body and eyed detail, some extra details in the face. 

As you can see when the light changes the surface changes too. After I painted the diffuse map i have to set up the shader too.

KECXGPdQaSFEp6kYT7dihrPx1YLZr86tTSYsW2KD.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 2:58 PM

Wow, that's looking amazing, Liquid_Ice. I wouldn't have recognized her.

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 2:59 PM

Thank you for making a free figure. She is already my new favorite. I have lots of fun

H3l9uOjS6UboIz16SpmIvKPjc86Z4A7njOyLG6IA.jpg

Liquid_Ice ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 3:01 PM · edited Sun, 05 February 2023 at 3:02 PM

odf posted at 2:58 PM Sun, 5 February 2023 - #4455360

Wow, that's looking amazing, Liquid_Ice. I wouldn't have recognized her.

Thank you so much!

I think we can do everything if we set our minds to. Sometimes we have to be smart and think outside the box to accomplish the same things as the big guys. I cant wait for P13.

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2023 at 7:21 PM

Amazing work!

odf ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 12:57 AM

Some styles for the mixing, and also the matching. Almost ready to publish these, I think.

DyQCivv1XF0WxcnsXTYuFGGMIEIdz5SqjnYUtPTp.png

jroulin ( ) posted Wed, 08 February 2023 at 2:48 AM
odf posted at 12:57 AM Wed, 8 February 2023 - #4455485

Some styles for the mixing, and also the matching. Almost ready to publish these, I think.

Looking really great and if you wish a EasySim script simply tell me.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 2:35 AM · edited Fri, 10 February 2023 at 2:35 AM

Okay, that combo is done and will soon be ready for submission. So, for my next trick, I will attempt... Bqfxg5m1IicI1EmHB1yycEubrQYqRacuwgN19zWz.png

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 4:18 AM
Forum Coordinator

It looks like you are getting the hang of it.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 6:13 AM

Hang of it - nicely phrased. 😀

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 1:46 PM

I love the fabric textures.  How did you do it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 3:24 PM
jartz posted at 1:46 PM Fri, 10 February 2023 - #4455640

I love the fabric textures.  How did you do it?

Lots of nodes, plus in the case of the denim, one little texture file to define the weave.

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 3:48 PM

Wow.  That's neat.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

odf ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2023 at 6:09 PM

I'm no bagginsbill, but I try.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 2:37 AM

So, the old thang is waiting for FreeStuff approval (thanks jroulin for providing the simulation script), and here's a first Poser test of the new thang.

4XWBpqJXPNx4k1MdLKWkKUoD6gOBjbRNTB1qKKcD.png

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 10:50 AM · edited Sat, 11 February 2023 at 10:57 AM
Forum Coordinator

CLO's Jinny now can export the clothing as a .fbx file.

I pulled 2 free garments from their store, loaded them in Jinny to grade and drape to Antonia, and then exported the .fbx-es to load into Poser, to simulate in the cloth room. 

Well, here is the result:  Free wardrobe.

There's a few pitfalls on the route still but the possibility is there: The site lists 1950 free garments Tony can potentially try on. The more fun: the saving to .fbx is a side effect of uploading to CLO-Connect. You can withdraw or delete the upload immediately, but if you leave it there this means the more uploads of garments modified for Antonia, the more exposure she will have.   

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 1:41 PM · edited Sat, 11 February 2023 at 1:45 PM
Forum Coordinator

On another note: I still owe you people the LF-to-Antonia morph donor.

There were a few small issues I wanted to solve but I got other things at my hands and forgot. Sorry about that. 

For now you can get it here:  https://www.renderosity.com/filelocker/56748/download?key=8658

Any feedback welcome

FVerbaas ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 3:27 PM
Forum Coordinator

For those of you who want to play with dressing Antonia via Jinny: here is a small starter set: https://www.renderosity.com/filelocker/56749/download?key=7243

It contains an Antonia avatar with rig and fitting suit a set of poses, and the scene file I used to make this.

Let me know how you get on with this. When succesfull I can make it into an official freebie.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 4:58 PM

Thanks FVerbaas, cool stuff! One of these days, I'll have to have a look at Jinny.

odf ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 6:04 PM

Aaaand the pants and top are now up on FreeStuff, in case anyone was waiting impatiently.

No more excuses for rendering nudes, lol.

RFreise ( ) posted Sat, 11 February 2023 at 6:18 PM

odf posted at 6:04 PM Sat, 11 February 2023 - #4455707

Aaaand the pants and top are now up on FreeStuff, in case anyone was waiting impatiently.

No more excuses for rendering nudes, lol.

Thanks

Who needs an excuse

FVerbaas ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 6:12 AM
Forum Coordinator

Any feedback on the Antonia Jinny Starter set or on the LF-to-Antonia prefitter? 

jroulin ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 9:17 AM
FVerbaas posted at 6:12 AM Fri, 17 February 2023 - #4456123

Any feedback on the Antonia Jinny Starter set or on the LF-to-Antonia prefitter? 

Sorry, did not try it. :-( I am busy with cooding :-)

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 10:33 PM
FVerbaas posted at 6:12 AM Fri, 17 February 2023 - #4456123

It's really quite interesting.  I haven't tried the LF/A prefitter yet.  I used Antonia on Jinny Software.  Quite interesting, need to get used to trying it fully.  Here's one that would love to see some items you would start with her.

odf ( ) posted Fri, 17 February 2023 at 10:40 PM · edited Fri, 17 February 2023 at 10:42 PM

Sorry, I'm having way too much fun making new clothes to look into converting old ones. Like this adorable babydoll set complete with dynamic frilly panties which I think is now very close to fruition.

jIGKYSz6loZYVbe2hwf71Va9nAz92qxs398HC452.jpg

odf ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 2:16 AM

Here's the promo image. Now I'll just need to render some thumbnails and assemble the ZIP file. In the meantime, are there any requests for the next item in Antonia's wardrobe?

LvYEWnHefczhFTvcuHCuPaDyyUGdhHFS7Y9bfnkr.png

jroulin ( ) posted Sat, 18 February 2023 at 4:56 AM
odf posted at 2:16 AM Sat, 18 February 2023 - #4456187

Here's the promo image. Now I'll just need to render some thumbnails and assemble the ZIP file. In the meantime, are there any requests for the next item in Antonia's wardrobe?

I do not want to tell you each time from now but you know how you can ask me for the EasySym Script for your free clothing items. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.