Fri, May 17, 12:10 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 06 1:37 am)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: export dialog missing

ROGUE6023 ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2002 at 9:41 PM · edited Thu, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

HELP! I can't set export options. I need to save as morph target but Poser no longer displays the export options dialog, it just saves the selected character or parts selected. I am running WinXP and Win2k (dualboot) with an Athelon 1.8Ghz and get the same in both OS, Poser4 with 4.0.3 patch installed. I have done a new install of Poser and patch on a different drive and still get no export options dialog. Is this a bug? Thanks Dave

geep ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 12:06 AM

... an "object?" .obj

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

ROGUE6023 ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 11:19 PM

.obj 3ds nothing on the list causes the export options dialog to pop up anymore.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 11:46 PM

You've got me stumped. What method did you use to remove Poser before re-install? Hmmmm, did you remove ALL Poser stuff from the Windows registry before you re-installed Poser? Patch? What patch? The 4.0.3? Tried a different copy of the patch? That's the only thing I can think of that might cause that kind of problem. Other than that, looks like a phone call to Curious Labs might be necessary. cheers, dr geep ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Lemurtek ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 1:55 AM

You don't happen to have Metacreations Painter3D installed do you? I seem to recall someone having trouble with Poser somehow using the IO plugins from Painter3D. Another thing to try is check your Poser shortcut, make sure the "start in" option points to the correct Poser folder, particularly if you have more than one Poser installation on your HD. The 4.03 patch has been know to screw that up. Regards- Lemurtek

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.