Mon, May 6, 3:31 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 05 11:53 pm)

Subject: Character creation issues

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2024 at 12:28 PM · edited Sun, 05 May 2024 at 3:20 PM

Hi! I am trying to gather my questions onto a single thread.  I have ASD and it causes some disorganization ... Though I do try to compensate, it doesn't always work.  I have a couple issues that have already been addressed but I have lost the threads.

1. When creating the injection morphs (dialed only) how does one save for redistribution? This is for La Femme2.

2. When trying to save these morphs which include creating a shorter stature the posing chips do not follow the figure change. I am on my Kindle and cannot show a screen capture. Also, in some saves the figure becomes distorted.

I need a step by step instruction to fully understand.  Thanx in advance for your help.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2024 at 4:20 PM

1. For dialed characters, I usually save the character as a figure to my library, then use Poser File Editor to strip it into a dials pose. PFE is sadly no longer available - if you don't have it, you might need to hack the file some other way, in which case someone else would be better help than I would.

But if this character is dialed using morphs from BodyFX and FaceFX, they're merchant resources. You can Spawn Morph Target into a single dial, and use Poser's Export Morph INJ on that instead :)

2. Did you Match Centers to Morph on that? 

Ok, step by step to follow.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2024 at 4:33 PM · edited Sun, 14 January 2024 at 4:34 PM

Dialed a body shape. 

mFXEuWhtPMqDIkbSLCIZnGsCQSEQAwrFDjVb5iuw.png

Figure > Spawn Full Body Morph

r79uvcsNCP35SGJSvwzTg0aRQqUiCt5rQkGpYKCR.png

It'll ask for a name. To make your life easier for later, give it the final internal name you prefer. User-facing name can be changed later if you'd like. 

2m9J4k9WfPg3dMRvVp4bJKoNRgBdpmrGiiit0Osw.png

It'll likely be at the very bottom of her Body Parameters.

tqTMoRZyk9oDtjxebMsv068P84jcAGeAjeS39YKk.png

Now, zero everything else and dial it in. Yes, chips might be in the wrong placing if you used morphs that change body proportions.

SYP2WyeBLZibor7mjeucMCMmLTY6170XXvlSul5J.png

This also means she'll pose very oddly. :D

6DXgKFMboys4RQlxRbGWBHi3r1pnUaN3tvqwHypr.png

Right-click your new morph's dial and choose Match Centers to Morph.

FAZTW1K380IOKI049IZDNfOwLXJqiOJ5ckG3i56s.png

Make sure Create Dependencies is on.

Z9KvrnVWRYAsTqwFrUsDDxCUpO8DYrodj8EUJS6v.png

Ta-da. Now she poses correctly AND the body chips should be in place.

pq9HDp0jPq9AAw8LeC2p5LnH7bz8tLCPyqakqrAw.png

If you wanna do some clean up/setting up, you can right-click the dial again and go to Settings...

lYaWYVGGsebOAphJHHCSxJEwwBDuG0BdQrzjoB8k.png

Here, you can change the user-facing name of the dial, and set limits. For most morphs, you want to change the min limit to 0 and max limit to 1, so that people won't be dialing the morph into negatives or doubling it up.

wHZkuFGjPXLbNVa3w9BlEImzvvOJWE4K18a7cPNU.png

Now go to file > Export > Morph Injection...

8LOVFBmuoaclCsG86ZKXGknp7QtvsWJAYalSbNPs.png

Select None first, then find your new body dial in the Body section and select only that. Click OK and decide where to save.

NnP8UvfK0Sx3lYS8b2hPMdtytlU4JbU7LQrkDNpK.png

If this is going to the store or something, there's some file cleaning up you'll have to do after this process.

Also remember to ONLY use Spawn Morph Target with morphs that are merchant resources, unless you're only making something for your own personal use.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Boni ( ) posted Sun, 14 January 2024 at 7:56 PM

Ohki! Thank you so much! I will do this when I get bsck on my work machine.

Boni

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 5:34 AM

Boni, thank you for asking this question, now my own scaled character works.  thanks ohki!!

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 6:35 AM · edited Mon, 15 January 2024 at 6:35 AM

It's my pleasure! 

I was asked how to clean up the files for the store, so here comes extra info! For this, I'll use a LF2 character I'm working on right now - she's custom-sculpted but this part of the process is the same from a dial spun+spawned morph.

Ok, so once I saved the INJ poses from Poser into a Pose folder, they looked like this:

OhqAFbQPh66Yn0eClq56tOdxWIkEnYcV4CmTnnIN.png

(Don't mind the file dates, I started work on this project back when LF2 was still a wip ;D )

There are four files here because I saved the head morph and the body morph separately - but you should have one .pmd file and one .pz2 file for each time you Export Morph Injection.

Now, to be safe, make a backup copy of these files. I'm gonna skip this step because I'm so used of doing this that I'm pretty confident I'm not gonna flunk this LMAO.

Now move your .pmd file(s) into the Geometry folder, under folders of your preference for your organization. I use, and the store usually prefers if you do, a folder with my vendor name and then another folder in it with the product name.

eQQckHWylmL6M5D4zY5HaQ8nredvXS2AtBvWhbAW.png

If you'd like, rename these to make things neater now.

pZdYJ5A4O4uE5lLCPeKfw7At3FBm2dxlIRJfskiu.png

Now go back to your .pz2 file(s) in the Pose folder, and open it in a decent text editor. Make sure it's an editor that is pure text only and won't save out formatting and other useless (for this) info with your file. I use EditPad Lite, but even Windows Notepad will do though it's more limited and would probably crash on larger files. INJ poses tend to be pretty tame though.

ivRk5LFKgDBDc1O854qv8YvdB9W45O5KUnSxmmoW.png

Your file should start similarly to this. Poser files start with a version number - this is the first thing to change. Delete the "build" line altogether, and change "number" to the lowest Poser version your product will support. For LF2 characters, this should be 11 - LF2 doesn't work in Poser 10 or lower.

8afuAFt3MdJXAtWXhL2ozULfPCKh3OMEk4y2delj.png

Now we need to redirect this to the new location of the .pmd file. Notice there's a line with "injectPMDFileMorphs" with a file address that should direct to where you initially saved your injection Pose. Copy the address.

zjA7zNi2E7tRrgakDCmyUR3SGa5qy071iTVgepIf.png

Now use the Find&Replace tool of your text editor for the next step. EditPad Lite has a section at the bottom for multi-line replacing and that's why I love it, but it should work with Notepad's "Replace..." feature or whatever similar thing you're using. Paste the address you copied into the "Find" or "Search" part, and for the replace, fix it for the new address and file name. In my case, this:

:Runtime:Libraries:Pose:!Afrodite:LaFemme2:Characters:Morana:Morana_BodyINJ.pmd

becomes this:

:Runtime:Geometries:AfroditeOhki:Morana:AO_Morana_Body.pmd

Be careful that you don't paste "\" that Windows uses for files. Poser likes ":"s in its file addresses.

You need to Find&Replace for this because there's a chance that the INJ files reference this more than once.

Now my file looks like this:

hc3nGH7pXOrRyBjFsVHKLB0GCuYJlGBO9gDBYeyN.png

The next step is optional but customers like it: We'll set it up so that the morph loads dialed full.

Find your BODY actor's "targetGeom" section, like the one you can see right above. This is likely near the start of the file anyway.

After the targetGeom line, you should have a line with {. Find the next } there, that indicates it's closing the details of that targetGeom (morph dial). Right before it, you'll add this:

keys

{

k 0 1

}

This will add key (dial value) information to your dial. The k is for key, I don't know what the first number is for but it's always 0, and the second number is the value for the dial you'll want. Likely 1.

File should look something like this now.

KmmvMqpATZs5DpE9FKenWmDSdjT4LoyUV4lGoIII.png

Save it and you're done.

You can have tools like wolfnom's Fix-a-File do this process for you. It won't add the keys though, but that's the easiest part for me.

- - - - - - 

ThunderStone ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 8:12 AM

Okhi, thank you for sharing this wonderful tutorial!  Always wondered about this. 

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 8:16 AM

does the command to match centers save somewhere in the INJ files?

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 2:10 PM
jancory posted at 8:16 AM Mon, 15 January 2024 - #4480395

does the command to match centers save somewhere in the INJ files?

In the pz2 file. I believe it adds lines for each bone it affects.

- - - - - - 

jancory ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 2:47 PM

so probably best & less work to re-export my INJ with that turned on.  thanks!

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

Boni ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 1:53 PM

Wow, I need to save this thread where I can ALWAYS find it!!  Thank you So So Much for this. 

Boni

ThunderStone ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 3:04 PM

Someone admin should pin this? 

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 4:05 PM
Site Admin

I can pin it, but that won't keep it from disappearing from inactivity. It will only keep it from getting buried.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 4:06 PM

I'm checking if we can put this in the tutorials section :)

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 4:58 PM

Thanks for that, Ohki, very helpful! Pardon my silly question, but what is the rationale behind moving the .pmd files into the geometry folder? Is it just to keep things tidy, or is there a functional advantage, too?

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 6:52 PM
odf posted at 4:58 PM Tue, 16 January 2024 - #4480449

Thanks for that, Ohki, very helpful! Pardon my silly question, but what is the rationale behind moving the .pmd files into the geometry folder? Is it just to keep things tidy, or is there a functional advantage, too?

To keep things tidy + store requirements + if the person rearranges their library files, and you have the file pointing to a .pmd that was in a specific folder that got changed, it'll stop working!

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2024 at 7:09 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 6:52 PM Tue, 16 January 2024 - #4480450
odf posted at 4:58 PM Tue, 16 January 2024 - #4480449

To keep things tidy + store requirements + if the person rearranges their library files, and you have the file pointing to a .pmd that was in a specific folder that got changed, it'll stop working!
Good point! Paths are absolute, so better use ones that won't change. 👍

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 2:32 PM
Afrodite-Ohki posted at 4:20 PM Sun, 14 January 2024 - #4480374

1. For dialed characters, I usually save the character as a figure to my library, then use Poser File Editor to strip it into a dials pose. PFE is sadly no longer available

PFE is still available in the power tools bundle:

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/53947/poser-power-tools

There is also the binary morph editor that will create INJ/REM poses for you. 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 2:57 PM

AmbientShade posted at 2:32 PM Wed, 17 January 2024 - #4480472

Afrodite-Ohki posted at 4:20 PM Sun, 14 January 2024 - #4480374

1. For dialed characters, I usually save the character as a figure to my library, then use Poser File Editor to strip it into a dials pose. PFE is sadly no longer available

PFE is still available in the power tools bundle:

https://www.renderosity.com/marketplace/products/53947/poser-power-tools

There is also the binary morph editor that will create INJ/REM poses for you. 

OOOH 

Ok yeah the full bundle is pricey but those tools are amazing. I have most of them, bought individually.

- - - - - - 

odf ( ) posted Wed, 17 January 2024 at 4:07 PM

Here's a little tip for coders: it's quite possible that your coding editor or IDE can collapse the sections enclosed in brackets, which is basically the key to editing Poser files without special tools while staying sane. The one I use, vscode, is very good at that, and if I recall, the feature was quite easy to enable.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 1:35 AM

odf posted at 4:07 PM Wed, 17 January 2024 - #4480478

Here's a little tip for coders: it's quite possible that your coding editor or IDE can collapse the sections enclosed in brackets, which is basically the key to editing Poser files without special tools while staying sane. The one I use, vscode, is very good at that, and if I recall, the feature was quite easy to enable.

It looks like, indeed

1pavxSlvh2ljrWjDjxagxTWHHWAX2Rt7nGiPMlju.png

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 18 January 2024 at 11:21 AM

Oooh that's SUPER handy. Thank you!

- - - - - - 

PoserWorld2019 ( ) posted Sat, 20 January 2024 at 9:06 AM

Brilliant thread, Afrodite_Ohki and Y-Phil are presenting gold nuggets to the Poser Creators here. Thanks and  Kudos

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.