Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Character creation issues

Boni opened this issue on Jan 14, 2024 ยท 23 posts

Afrodite-Ohki posted Mon, 15 January 2024 at 6:35 AM

It's my pleasure! 

I was asked how to clean up the files for the store, so here comes extra info! For this, I'll use a LF2 character I'm working on right now - she's custom-sculpted but this part of the process is the same from a dial spun+spawned morph.

Ok, so once I saved the INJ poses from Poser into a Pose folder, they looked like this:

(Don't mind the file dates, I started work on this project back when LF2 was still a wip ;D )

There are four files here because I saved the head morph and the body morph separately - but you should have one .pmd file and one .pz2 file for each time you Export Morph Injection.

Now, to be safe, make a backup copy of these files. I'm gonna skip this step because I'm so used of doing this that I'm pretty confident I'm not gonna flunk this LMAO.

Now move your .pmd file(s) into the Geometry folder, under folders of your preference for your organization. I use, and the store usually prefers if you do, a folder with my vendor name and then another folder in it with the product name.

If you'd like, rename these to make things neater now.

Now go back to your .pz2 file(s) in the Pose folder, and open it in a decent text editor. Make sure it's an editor that is pure text only and won't save out formatting and other useless (for this) info with your file. I use EditPad Lite, but even Windows Notepad will do though it's more limited and would probably crash on larger files. INJ poses tend to be pretty tame though.

Your file should start similarly to this. Poser files start with a version number - this is the first thing to change. Delete the "build" line altogether, and change "number" to the lowest Poser version your product will support. For LF2 characters, this should be 11 - LF2 doesn't work in Poser 10 or lower.

Now we need to redirect this to the new location of the .pmd file. Notice there's a line with "injectPMDFileMorphs" with a file address that should direct to where you initially saved your injection Pose. Copy the address.

Now use the Find&Replace tool of your text editor for the next step. EditPad Lite has a section at the bottom for multi-line replacing and that's why I love it, but it should work with Notepad's "Replace..." feature or whatever similar thing you're using. Paste the address you copied into the "Find" or "Search" part, and for the replace, fix it for the new address and file name. In my case, this:

:Runtime:Libraries:Pose:!Afrodite:LaFemme2:Characters:Morana:Morana_BodyINJ.pmd

becomes this:

:Runtime:Geometries:AfroditeOhki:Morana:AO_Morana_Body.pmd

Be careful that you don't paste "\" that Windows uses for files. Poser likes ":"s in its file addresses.

You need to Find&Replace for this because there's a chance that the INJ files reference this more than once.

Now my file looks like this:

The next step is optional but customers like it: We'll set it up so that the morph loads dialed full.

Find your BODY actor's "targetGeom" section, like the one you can see right above. This is likely near the start of the file anyway.

After the targetGeom line, you should have a line with {. Find the next } there, that indicates it's closing the details of that targetGeom (morph dial). Right before it, you'll add this:

keys

{

k 0 1

}

This will add key (dial value) information to your dial. The k is for key, I don't know what the first number is for but it's always 0, and the second number is the value for the dial you'll want. Likely 1.

File should look something like this now.

Save it and you're done.

You can have tools like wolfnom's Fix-a-File do this process for you. It won't add the keys though, but that's the easiest part for me.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.