Tue, Apr 16, 2:09 PM CDT

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 09 3:53 pm)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: very little movement in the forum

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 3:27 AM · edited Sun, 14 April 2024 at 5:26 PM

Hello here in the forum is a little too little operation. Even if Carrara is getting on in years, it can do a lot that other programs have to do first. why the reluctance? are you scared? The gallery is also very little visited and even less commented on. That's too bad. I had hoped that the program would be used more here and that more solutions would be found if there were problems.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 8:15 AM

atleast there are no cloud flare errors or 502 errors.

forum is reliable.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

3Drendero ( ) posted Mon, 23 August 2021 at 2:02 PM

Well, there are a couple of new plugins for Carrara by Philemo that I have not had the time to try in depth, if you are looking for a challenge. https://sourceforge.net/projects/carrara-time-savers/

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2021 at 4:15 AM

3Drendero posted at 4:15AM Tue, 24 August 2021 - #4425892

Well, there are a couple of new plugins for Carrara by Philemo that I have not had the time to try in depth, if you are looking for a challenge. https://sourceforge.net/projects/carrara-time-savers/

I know the plugins and also use some of them. So far I can only say these are good additions.

I just wanted to express in the thread that only a few users are here and even fewer use the gallery.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2021 at 9:50 AM

oh yeah!

i been having weeks of fun with the PBR shader plugin and HDR dome plugins.

it really makes it all brand new. had to go back and redo a ton of shaders. i burnt out a lil bit loading up displacement maps. what a difference. sometimes i set the displacement to 3 or 5, really popped those medieval bricks. lol

other big game changers, the hd morphs, phong tesselation.

i want to play more with the sparrowhawk plugins. jiggle, etc poly lines. diomede did a demo of the poly line follower, like matchbox cars on a race track.

still dont quite have the feel for the fluidos. need a cheat sheet to remember the steps

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Wonga ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2021 at 11:51 PM

I only come here sparingly as I don't like the forum setup... the worstest I've ever seen and used..

Find my Facebook Page Here -- or me on Twitter

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2021 at 8:38 AM

Wonga posted at 8:37AM Fri, 27 August 2021 - #4426134

I only come here sparingly as I don't like the forum setup... the worstest I've ever seen and used..

Misty's sigline link helps a lot, I find navigating it terrible too

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

diomede ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 5:06 PM

I don't visit the forum as often as I used to, but I still check in from time to time. Ready for more action, though, if activity picks up.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2021 at 5:17 PM

they have waived my semiban at the DAZ forum now but to be honest I don't feel like posting there much anymore, before I felt like I was in an online community sharing enthusiasm for DAZ software and products, now I just feel like it's something they feel they have to have as to not overwhelm customer support for their products and get some suckers to do their job and solve issues users are having due to lack of documentation and support.

With a lot of off topic drivel and whinging thrown in for good measure.

It certainly is not about the art and creating CGI, on the Carrara forum users largely still do that, we are kind of forced to due to lack of compatibility of sold content but the rest of the forum you buy load and render and compare product library sizes and boast about your hardware rather than do art.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 2021 at 2:51 AM

I've read the thread several times trying to understand what exactly is the reason for the post. It is completely normal that there are many technology freaks in forums who only compare their machines and performance. For my part, I think there is another way and look for solutions to achieve my goal. In the end, I want to see a nice picture. It's a shame that Daz neglects the Carrara program so much, but if you think about it, I can even understand it for reasons of sales. Carrara can produce almost everything itself, of course Daz does not sell anything. I think it's a shame that the artists are gradually stopping to show their works. that is ultimately the downfall. Of course, if you have been banned from the forum because someone has felt attacked or whatever that is ultimately completely exaggerated, then you no longer feel like it. But you shouldn't let yourself be guided by negative experiences, on the contrary, there are many positive things. So many people can be helped (like me). I have made a lot of great strides with Carrara lately, through other artists giving advice on how to achieve a goal. don't be discouraged.

Wonga ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2021 at 9:39 PM

Reading the posts at Daz the DS users have nearly got to the stage where they may as well just buy images already rendered by the PAs

they don't want to have to do anything!

Find my Facebook Page Here -- or me on Twitter

klaus_bonsai ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 9:04 AM

@Wonga I don't really understand the problem now. (I am also a user who speaks English very poorly because I live in Germany and have never really learned English.

but that you can buy finished pictures that is of course quite possible. It is more important to the creator to create these images himself and not to buy and assemble everything. Selling is not my thing, I just want to have fun designing. If the result also pleases others, I am of course very happy. this is also the case with many artists. When everything is reduced to money, of course, art is no longer important. Basically there are always people who think they can buy anything. It is not so. and above all Carrara is a program that can do a lot more, such as DazStudio, where I have to buy more or less everything and cannot create anything myself. Maybe it will help to understand my thoughts better.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 08 September 2021 at 1:33 PM
WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2021 at 8:30 AM

very quiet here now, Misty was keeping things current so topics are likely to start disappearing off the page soon until she returns 

😢

hope that's soon ❤️

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

diomede ( ) posted Wed, 13 October 2021 at 10:19 AM

Misty - I miss you!  Hope you are well.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.