Mon, May 13, 6:41 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 May 11 11:19 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What is Going On??????????????????

MarkCM ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2020 at 10:54 AM · edited Tue, 01 December 2020 at 10:55 AM

Getting: Order and payment confirmations, daily general promo flyers

Not Getting: Notifications about new products by followed vendors, wish-list items on sale

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2020 at 12:31 PM

This has been an ongoing problem for the last several weeks with no technical updates and notifications, and no resolution date insight. Even their 24 Days of Christmas download page is broken. It's frustrating that no reliable acknowledgment has been broadcast to keep members informed.

indyjohns ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 9:42 AM

This log on/log off issue has gone on for a while. It's almost as if the whole sight-management has disappeared...

No intention of uploading any more work until this gets fixed.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 12:43 PM
Online Now!

It will be a month in four days. While I expressed contentment above about them finally updating us at least on this thread, not everyone checks this specific thread or forum. A stickied announcement on forums would probably go a long was for making people understand what is going on.

And yes, no purchases or uploads until this is fixed. What'd be the point?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 4:46 PM

Rhia474 posted at 4:12PM Sat, 05 December 2020 - #4406497

It will be a month in four days. While I expressed contentment above about them finally updating us at least on this thread, not everyone checks this specific thread or forum. A stickied announcement on forums would probably go a long was for making people understand what is going on.

And yes, no purchases or uploads until this is fixed. What'd be the point?

Yeah, you have a few good points there and it hits home to me because I'm working on a batch of stuff to sell, plus a number of freebies, but if nobody's going to be buying or downloading, I have to wonder is it worth the effort.

In the grand scheme of things, I know it's a trivial matter - and I have enough to deal with in RL - but it's yet another annoyance I could really do without.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

RodS ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2020 at 7:13 PM
Online Now!

Sadly, I only spend about 10% of the time on Rendo that I used to... Just not much fun anymore. I know they're working on it, but still... ?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2020 at 4:20 AM

A small, but irritating, problem - having to log in every time even though I tick the 'remember me' box.

MarkCM ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2020 at 7:01 AM

It's still a lot better than Daz, especially right now.

A_Sunbeam ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2020 at 12:20 PM

Maybe ... but there are many problems here that leave much to be desired. I am not all that happy, but will not jump ship; this is a splendid site - but at rhe moment is rather confused ...

dragongirl ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 12:11 PM

I am still not receiving notifications of posts of artists I am Following. But more than usual ads.

See also my post on “Pages being hacked?”

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 4:25 PM
Online Now!

Same thing just happened to my last post.. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/gallery/enough-youre-fired-/2977753/

My notifications indicated there was a 'comment' by me on my own post. I looked and have the same issue as dragongirl. Seriously... WTF is going on with Renderosity?? I was starting to have a little hope, but that's fading fast. Can we get an update, please??

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 5:31 PM
Online Now!

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 5:55 PM
Site Admin

RodS posted at 5:50PM Tue, 08 December 2020 - #4406741

Same thing just happened to my last post.. https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/gallery/enough-youre-fired-/2977753/

My notifications indicated there was a 'comment' by me on my own post. I looked and have the same issue as dragongirl. Seriously... WTF is going on with Renderosity?? I was starting to have a little hope, but that's fading fast. Can we get an update, please??

@RodS We've reported it to the developers. My personal opinion is that it's caused by hitting the "A" key too hard. And that's probably why I'm not a programmer. All I can really report is that all the issues you're finding are being passed to the developers, and they are working on them.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2020 at 8:21 PM
Online Now!

So that's why my "A" key stopped working... ? Thanks for the update, Wolf! Hope they get everything sorted out..

Torquinox ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 11:25 AM

Looks like gallery counters are back up and running. Progress! 😁

MarkCM ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 12:07 PM

Torquinox posted at 12:07PM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4406938

Looks like gallery counters are back up and running. Progress! 😁

And I've not had to log in today!

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 12:36 PM
Online Now!

Great to see some progress! Thanks to all who are continuing to work to get things back in order! Hopefully the ebots will be back soon. ????

MarkCM ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 12:45 PM

I even received a notification about this thread! ZOMG!

dragongirl ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 1:00 PM

My image counters are back on, and so are my Gallery counters.

BUT - my Gallery counters are TOTALLY off. I started a thread on that.

MarkCM ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:03 PM

Gallery is slightly broken at the moment.

enigma-man ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:26 PM · edited Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:28 PM

All hands, abandon ship ! We will soon be sending nasty comments and scathing responses to the PTB .... There are multiple breaches in ( insert Renderosity section giving you problems here ) There is no such thing as "slightly broken" ... If it doesn't work properly it be broke...

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:42 PM
Online Now!

Can't even post an image... Clicking on NEW ART gives you a page full of broken links...

sigh...

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:44 PM
Online Now!

MarkCM posted at 8:44PM Thu, 10 December 2020 - #4407000

Gallery is slightly broken at the moment.

I'd hate to see what "completely hosed" looks like.... ?

enigma-man ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:46 PM

I guess I can wait until tomorrow to post my 10 view wondrously crafted and highly nifty recent effort.... lol

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 8:55 PM
Online Now!

Now it's making me log in again.... shakes head

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 10 December 2020 at 11:05 PM
Online Now!

Twice tonight, I've gotten email notification that I was sent a sitemail. Once at 7:00PM (CST), and one at 10:00PM. No sitemails either time.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 12:17 AM · edited Fri, 11 December 2020 at 12:20 AM

I think it's pretty obvious they're working on their website, these people are wonderful compared to Daz3D or other 3D websites, I want to help them and not kick them when they're down. Everything they do is to improve both your shopping and browsing experience here. Have a little faith, bud!

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 12:21 PM
Online Now!

I want to help, too. If I could afford it, I'd fly to Tennessee and do whatever kind of grunt work they needed (I know a bit about computers, but I'm not an I.T. professional - so I guess I should just shut up and let 'em do what they do..). Just a little frustrating, but more so for the folks involved in this, I imagine. Just another annoyance to add to the train wreck formerly known as 2020..

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 11 December 2020 at 8:02 PM
Online Now!

Looks like some good progress is being made. Thanks for all your hard work - it IS appreciated!

dragongirl ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 3:29 AM

Unbelievable!!

My re-post of a mysterious non-Comment image lock up - received it’s own mysterious non-Comment. And now the re-post is also locked up!!!!!

Original image mess-up

Re-post image also messed up

What the heck is going on???????? (To quote a friend)

dragongirl ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 3:56 AM

And FYI - On our Profile pages, clicking on the “View the membername gallery press here” - Just takes you to the Profile page, not to your gallery. Tried this on several Profile Pages, and they all did the same thing.

Lenord ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 8:08 AM

@4404218 You've been here as long as I have and in all that time I have never seen Rendo fully functional, something is always screwed up. I was a gallery and forum Mod for about 3 years a ways back(during the Revolution Rod S is speaking of @4404273)and I quit because of it one of the reasons I quit was the Administrations lack of caring what the members say or Mods in many cases they're gonna do what they do and Fu<k Ya'll. The problem with Rendo lies with Bondware they do the coding, I've seen my share of crappy site software my current main home which is DeviantArt has it own set of problems brought on by a so called "Revolution", 25 years of no problems shot to sh!t by Specter software, not that it doesn't work but wholesale change for changes sake never works when it comes to software. OK I'm just ranting now so I'll quit but believe me when one day things may straighten out and some Admin will come on and say we've been working diligently on all your complaints or NOT.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 10:51 AM

The random logout bug seems to be fixed. Thanks, people. :)

My Store

My Gallery

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 11:32 AM · edited Sat, 12 December 2020 at 11:34 AM

I've not noticed a substantive change in site behavior except that the gallery counters are back.

If you clear your caches as I do and load the forum with no other links, you will appear to be logged out. If you load your wishlist in one tab and forum in another, wishlist will go to the homepage but you will be logged in. Forum will appear to be logged out, but refreshing the page will log you in. Reloading the wishlist via bookmark) will load your wishlist. YMMV.

If you don't clear your caches, the site appears to behave normally. Weird! Very weird.

Until something actually changes, I think this is the new Rendo normal.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 5:10 PM

I agree with you. I still get logged off while connected. Big annoyance. Really big annoyance.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 6:46 PM · edited Sat, 12 December 2020 at 6:47 PM
Online Now!

I literally don't see anything changed on the mobile side. The PC version functions at least on the forum side for now, unless you clear your cache.

This is now over a month, since November 9th. To say that a professional site's staff cannot track down and fix something like this in a month is a wee bit ridiculous, even with the development of the Poser 12 software going on. Website stuff should NOT be dealing with software dev, and software devs should NOT have to fix the website.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 12 December 2020 at 8:12 PM

Looks like I spoke too soon. Arse. :(

My Store

My Gallery

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 29 December 2020 at 10:57 AM
Online Now!

So. Still not fixed the logout from mobile and the expiration of login from PC. Since November 9th.

No comment, just the facts.

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 12:24 PM

Seems the LogOn problem has been remedied but Still I havent gotten a Gallery Ebot in like two months which is just wrong, seems TPTB just don't give 2 sh!ts about doing anything about it either including to say anything about it. I left Rendo 16 17 years ago or so for couple years and came back because it was the first place I ever posted, this crap is continuous and ongoing it makes me want to leave again, believe me there won't be another return. I won't be missed I'm a Fractalist this is a Poser/Daz site so we don't count anyway and besides my friends will never know I posted a farewell Fractal because, well no Ebots.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 3:18 PM
Site Admin

The ebot problem is being worked on. There is a discussion here https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2955619.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Lenord ( ) posted Thu, 07 January 2021 at 3:26 PM

Yeah I posted there too yesterday, I see not much of a discussion but a lot of complaining from members but not a lot of answers from Staff, same ole same ole.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.